The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theories] Sailor Vigilantes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theories] Sailor Vigilantes Empty
PostSubject: [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes   [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 7:07 am

Has it ever bother anyone that the senshi are basically vigilantes who occasionally kill people, and we never quite have it taking its toll on them?

I mean we see a slight conflict with Usagi finishing off Prof.Tomoe (manga and Crystal), and her stepping in against Hotaru being killed off, but she didn't quite hesitate when it came to Kaolinite or Beryl.

It's just something which has sorta bugged me. There never really is accountability. Sure they were bad guys, but they were still human. Do the cops never issue a missing persons report? How do the senshi react each time something like that comes up in the news?
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes   [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 7:50 am

Well, it's not like they are fighting the normal criminals. These are people with powers who were using their abilities to hurt other people. Pretty much any of the villains they killed were trying to hurt either the Senshi or innocent civilians.

Last edited by magic713 on 24th June 2016, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes   [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 8:04 am

But what of those who had been corrupted on the basis of their past lives (Beryl) or those who were but innocent bystanders (Kaolinite)?

Mind you, this can be engaged between different adaptations, but I'm not so sure how I feel about the senshi basically taking the law into their own hands and there being no repercussions for it.

I understand the threat, but you'd think that there would be more of a mundane reveal of the dangers these enemies pose as opposed to it being a secret mission of sorts. Perhaps what we don't see are those very effects on the day to day lives of common people.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes   [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 8:22 am

They confronted Kaolinite and she turned into a Daimon and attacked them. It's not like they knew her backstory. And for all they knew, when she turned into a Daimon, that was all that was left of her (manga and in extension, Crystal, is a little more cynical than 90s anime in regard to death or redemption).

I can't really speak for Beryl since the idea of past lives influencing present is shaky grounds for me. But for her death in the manga, it's simple. She was killing Sailor Moon with her hair. Sailor Venus tried to free her, but cutting the hair didn't help so she did what she had to in order to save her princess.

And as to taking law into their hands, again supernatural beings threatening the world kinda falls out of the usual jurisdiction.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes   [Theories] Sailor Vigilantes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theories] Sailor Vigilantes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top