The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side Empty
PostSubject: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime3rd October 2015, 5:17 am

[Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side Xt655NJ

Welcome to the October Writing Challenge!

What's a writing challenge, you ask? Writing challenges are when I give you prompts or specific guidelines you must adhere to in your writing or give you specific goals to reach and everyone who manages to do the task successfully is a winner. This isn't a contest, so no one will be voting or choosing winners. Everyone is a winner! Isn't that awesome?

Well, as long as you meet the goal anyways.

This month, our theme is.... *drumroll*

Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side!

It's October, which means it's time for dark and scary things! For this month, you may choose between two prompts: Facing Your Fear or The Dark Side. This means you get to pick a character and put them in one of two situations: where they are forced to face their greatest fear, or what their darkest side looks like. Don't be discouraged if someone has picked the same character as the one you pick and put them in the same situation; the beauty of character interpretations is that everyone has their own take! So someone's version of, say, Rei's dark side might be different than your own. So definitely don't worry about posting stories with the same character(s).

And of course, keep all stories PG-13.

There is no maximum word limit, and the minimum is 300 words.

Everyone who posts a piece that meets the outlined guidelines above will win the challenge! And when you have won enough challenges, you got these awesome bumpers!

[Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side Cqgu9B4 [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side 2Qh98B3 [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side XEE3MAb [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side Y8pZmsI

So what are you waiting for? Get writing! You have until October 31st, 2015 to post your story.

Last edited by Sailor Mercury on 29th May 2016, 10:02 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime11th October 2015, 3:42 pm

Arguable quasi-fill, but here's something: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4980589
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime11th October 2015, 5:59 pm

Does it have to be a senshi or can it be any character from anything?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime11th October 2015, 10:19 pm

It can be any character from anything.

And do please post the text of your story here or it doesn't count Wink
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime12th October 2015, 12:21 am

i shall try this. been a while since i wrote something long.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime12th October 2015, 2:53 pm

I hope this works, its been a LOOOONG time since I wrote anything really long or like this.

Love of my life??? An Ami Mizuno Love story. maybe...:
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime23rd October 2015, 1:14 pm

She halted in mid-brushstroke—the long pink hair still tangled in the bristles, heavy and wet. The halls of the Crystal Palace echoed only faintly with the distant footsteps of staff members. Few would be in the residential quarters at this time of night. Her room was quiet, punctuated only by the gentle breathing of the nearby kitten curled up on the comforter. Her ears strained for other sounds, but there was nothing.

Small Lady smiled to herself and shook her head. How silly she was, to feel so uneasy for no reason at all. She adjusted her grip on the hair brush and continued the nightly ritual.

She sat at her vanity table, her back turned to the mirror and her eyes and thoughts focused elsewhere. This was often how she spent the half hour or so before bed, reflecting on her day or planning for tomorrow. She had a few exams tomorrow, and Mercury may have mentioned something about an event or rally the royal family needed a representative for—apparently it would be the princess this time. She couldn't quite tell if Mama and Papa had other important work, or if they were just looking for an excuse to take a break. She supposed it didn't matter, either way.

It still felt strange being in the Crystal Palace. It shouldn't; it was her home, after all. Yet she found herself thinking of her attic bedroom in 20th century Tokyo. Her mind wandered to little things, like the way this room smelled: cleaning products and perfumes. Not at all cozy in the way the Tsukino house had been. She missed the sounds of other people close underfoot in the house, going about their own schedules and rituals. The quiet in the palace made her lonely.

Small Lady was older now, and supposedly more grown up, but she didn't feel any different. All these years and she didn't feel like a mature lady. Her childhood nickname seemed just as appropriate now as it was then, even as she yearly neared her mother's height. She might even be taller someday soon.

The princess sighed as she turned around, groping on the table's surface for one of her hair ribbons. Something caught her attention, and ruby eyes glanced up at the mirror, widening in confusion.

The long pink hair was the same shade as her own, but the long pigtails seemed thinner and lacked the intensity of her own hair's spiral curl. The face seemed narrower, the lips fuller and lined with lipstick. The eyes glinted, sparkling with malice. Centered on the forehead there gleamed an inverted black crescent moon.

Small Lady reflexively jolted backwards, and in that instant the image disappeared. The noise awakened Diana, the pale lavender-gray feline sleepily inquiring over.

The rush of her own blood and heartbeat thudded in her ears. "It's... nothing, Diana," she lied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime1st November 2015, 10:38 am

Thank you guys for your participation! These are truly scary stories Razz Don't forget to grab your bumper in the first post!
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime21st April 2016, 12:17 pm

Hi Writer's Guild! I just joined a week ago and I saw this story prompt. It kind of got me thinking, so here is a very very belated story on the theme of "Facing Fears/Dark Side" I wanted to share.

It is a Mako/Ami pairing piece because I found that Ami's dark side ("Amoral intellectual curiosity"), and Mako's greatest fear (being unable to protect someone) actually complement each other very well and work together as one story.

This may or may not be PG-13. I've hidden the story just in case. Moderators, please let me know if this is actually past the PG-13 rating? There's no sexual content or violence, but the themes may be disturbing? I don't know. It's been a while since I've actually spoken with a 13 year old. Apologies in advance if my rating system is out of tune. Please feel free to delete if necessary.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime21st April 2016, 1:01 pm

It looks good Driter! It didn't break the PG13 rules. A good rule of thumb if you're ever unsure is to leave descriptions vague. Like you can say there is blood but you can't describe the blood etc. 

Ami's ability to control blood reminds me of blood benders from Avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
The Drifter
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime21st April 2016, 1:07 pm

Thanks Addelyn. Appreciate the mod feedback!

And yup Smile I absolutely was thinking of Avatar when I wrote that scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side   [Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Challenge] October ~ Facing Your Fear/The Dark Side

View previous topic View next topic Back to top