The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

[Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 1:53 pm

Naoko was there for the final performance in Osaka (my friend met her OMG!)

it was really sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 5:46 pm

Oh that's so cool! YOUR FRIEND IS SO SO LUCKY OMG I hope she has pics and i want a story!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 10:40 pm

Tuxedo Mistress wrote:
Naoko was there for the final performance in Osaka (my friend met her OMG!)

it was really sweet!
YO YOU GOTTA GIVE US DETAILS ON THAT
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 11:19 pm

she recorded a video telling a bit more about the experience, but it's in portuguese (and tbh, i haven't had the time to watch it yet).

basically, she talked to naoko, shook her hand, handed out one of our website's business cards (i would not have remembered to do that LOL) and mentioned that we here in BR love Sailor Moon and that we wanna have more products here. Naoko was very sweet and all.

idk if you guys saw that last moonlight densetsu performance, but my friend is in the video. the redhead that momoyo (mercury) talks to for a bit LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th October 2015, 7:41 am

The musical is up! I'm going to get watching! I'll either post after someone else or edit this post to include my thoughts!

https://missdream.org/sailor-moon-un-nouveau-voyage-fansub-online/
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th October 2015, 7:43 am

Hurray! Going to watch it tonight!
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th October 2015, 11:39 am

I know the inner graduated this year, but if there's a new musical next year, what's the chances of the outers coming back? I really loved Shuu, Sayaka, Karin and Mikako, so it'll be great if they return!

(Also, I'm not sure if it's only the inners that get a graduation ceremony or everybody who leaves usually get one).

I haven't watched previous myus so I'm not sure how things usually go  [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 702547589
Back to top Go down
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th October 2015, 10:09 am

princessv wrote:
I know the inner graduated this year, but if there's a new musical next year, what's the chances of the outers coming back? I really loved Shuu, Sayaka, Karin and Mikako, so it'll be great if they return!

(Also, I'm not sure if it's only the inners that get a graduation ceremony or everybody who leaves usually get one).

I haven't watched previous myus so I'm not sure how things usually go  [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 702547589
everyone got one when they left. usually when a cast member left their role they got something in the final show.
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th October 2015, 10:33 am

Thanks, greenpea Smile

So is it somewhat of a good sign that the outers didn't get one?

I reallyyyy liked Yuu! I think she made a fantastic Mako. And Momoyo has a very sweet singing voice.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th October 2015, 11:14 am

I think it's safe to say the Outers are coming back, unless their schedule don't permit them like what happened with the first Mercury. Usually the ones who get graduation ceremonies are actors that have been playing their role for a couple years (or in some cases big roles like Sailor Moon) and they know ahead of time this would be their last musical for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Yuhka
Star Seed

Yuhka

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th October 2015, 1:31 am

Sailor CJ wrote:
The musical is up! I'm going to get watching! I'll either post after someone else or edit this post to include my thoughts!

https://missdream.org/sailor-moon-un-nouveau-voyage-fansub-online/

mahhh! Thank you so much! I always tried to download it from the main page of un nouveau voyage (by missdream, there were you can download the songs, programms etc) and it did not work and this link finally works!!!
Thank you so much xD [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 1955989781
I can't wait to see it since most of the Songs are gorgeous this time.

Btw. after seeing some gifs on tumblr I started to like Sayaka   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 428053968
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th October 2015, 1:47 pm

Here's my thoughts... on video! Hurray!
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st October 2015, 2:56 pm

I'm gunna have to save watching your crit until after I see the musical. xD (Though i do enjoy your vids xD)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 12:22 am

My thoughts

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 12:50 am

Here's what I thought of it. I watched twice before giving my opinion because I could have been just excited the first time:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 2:15 am

Eternal Knight, could you elaborate more about Mamoru needing to connect with the other actresses more? Cos I'm having mixed feelings about Yuuga's performance, so I'd like to hear your thoughts [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 Icon_smile

I think Yuuga is gorgeous and charming (THAT WINK!) and you can tell that she's a seasoned performer with a great stage presence. However, in some scenes I felt like she didn't have chemistry with Satomi. I also felt like she... stood out, for lack of a better word, than the rest. Which could be good and expected I guess, considering she's been doing this for a long time, but for some reasons sometimes it also made Yuuga/Mamoru seem to be more superior than the other girls. I don't think I'm explaining myself well, but I hope you understand!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 2:33 am

I can.

I love Yuuga, don't get me wrong, and I'm really glad she stays as Tuxedo Mask, but great acting doesn't mean one knows when they need to look at their partner and when they can look at the audience. Yuuga has this problem. Under spoiler because it got long and there are spoilers.

Spoiler:

But, hey, I'm very very glad she stays, because she's cool. I just wish this will not worsen with the fourth one (if any) like it did from LR, passing by PE, to UNV.

I hope this sheds some light on what I meant ^^
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 3:35 am

Smile Thank you for explaining. I still haven't watched the first two new musicals, so I can't comment on that, but reading your answer and remembering UNV, you're right. I guess that's probably my problems too, that she didn't share the emotion with the rest of the cast, only I took it as her stage presence overshadowed the others. Hmm.. interesting! I wonder if that's intentional or not - the lack of eye contacts with the others. I'm going to watch it again with this new knowledge.

Spoiler:

I'm hoping we get a fourth myu! I think the fact that Yuuga didn't graduate can be a hopeful sign.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 3:38 am

I stand by my opinion that they're playing up her "cool factor" and this is a conscious directorial decision. They know everyone is swooning over her, so they want to amp it up by having her connect with the audience every time and breaking the fourth wall. Same goes for all the obvious winks during her number. It's a performance, not her being in character.

Spoiler:

When she actually focuses on Satomi, I could almost feel the chemistry particularly in this musical, but that was when she maintained eye contact 100% of the time and pretends the audience isn't there. So knowing that it's actually possible to feel it, I'm all the more disappointed for not seeing it happen all of the time.
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 3:44 am

It's so awesome seeing Sayaka dancing and kicking around in heels! She's gorgeous and she has a sweet voice. Though it sounded like she had some troubles reaching the high note at the end of the song with the other two outers.

At first I didn't find the songs enjoyable, but I don't watch much musicals so I wasn't sure if songs in musicals were supposed to be like that or not, but after the second time around I'm liking them so much!

Also, much love for Uranus' wig. Haruka's didn't really work for me, but Uranus' was perfect.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 3:55 am

Princess V:

Haruka's wigs looked like she went through a storm before coming on stage. Uranus' wig was indeed better. Everyone in this show has trouble with singing, but I guess we can't have everything xD Musicals are strange animals actually so some show will have better acting, but not as good singing, sometimes it's the opposite, sometimes it will be overall okay or good. Les Misérables is a great example of how a cast can change things. The 2014-2015 version of it has more emotions so the songs are shakier. It depends at lot. Unfortunately, the myus are slightly a let down when it comes to voices (the fact that the women have to force their voices lower to play men also don't help them hitting the right note).

Mercury:
Oh, it's totally a directorial decision, but it's still a problem only Yuuga has no matter who made the decision. When she connects with her partners on scene (notably with Satomi) the chemistry is felt immediately as shown in the two other musicals and UNV when she finally gave all of her attention on Satomi (they both are so good at their character the contrary would be surprising).

Though I have to say that the winks done during Tuxedo Mask theme song don't really bother me, because it is Tux and he was a bit non Mamoruesque sometimes even in the anime (though one wink would have been enough...).

Spoiler:

So yes, it's a real disappointment she's always glued to the audience, but yes it is also a factor that is not all her fault, but it's not even a bit subtle. So it will probably always bother me, even if I am aware the direction is behind it (it's a really bad decision performance wise).
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 4:38 am

Oh my, I guess I should have said that I -never- watched any musicals before. UNV is my first one! I was surprised at the lack of background props, though I suppose with so many cast members they would need the space. But still, it looked rather plain. And whenever they changed scenes (acts?) and the lights went out, I always wondered how they walked off the stage without tripping xD

Do they hold auditions for the myu, or do they usually have someone in mind for a role? I think I heard that Naoko wanted Yuuga to be Tuxedo Kamen, or maybe she wanted a woman to be Mamoru - I don't really remember.

I'm glad that in this myu it's so obvious that Haruka is very into Michiru cos it hurts my heart seeing Haruka/Usagi interactions in the manga sometimes. Kudos for the director!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 4:48 am

UNV looked indeed (and weirdly, the other two weren't so plain, you should give them a try if you liked this one) very plain, even to me. To be honest, for them I don't know how it works without the light. I know however that what we did was that there were lights on each side of the stage where the audience couldn't see but we could. So we were just walking literally toward the light. Sometimes it comes with practice, sometimes people have fixed point they trust. I can't tell for them however.

She (or the directors? that's something I don't know, someone would be better to tell you) wanted EVERY male characters to be played by women (the characters are still men). I know however that she really likes Yuuga.
As for audition, if they did like they did for the old myus (that went from 1993 to 2005) there were auditions and a lot of people wanting to be in the musicals. I have no idea what's it's like today.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 4:51 am

I actually haven't seem UNV yet, but I did want to comment that a lot of directors make their cast look at the audience for stage purposes. It's kind of looked down upon by a lot of directors to look at the other cast members for too long, just because it closes the door to the audience. I think thag in Yuuga's case, Mamoru is such a charming, loved character that they might tell her to look at the audience more. I can see why it would become a problem to balance looking at the audience with looking at the other cast members, especially with everything else that's probably running through Yuuga's head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th April 2016, 12:35 pm

SPOILER WARNING. Please proceed with caution if you have not yet seen this musical and prefer not to get spoiled.

I'm reviving this thread because guess who is late and watched Un Nouveau Voyage.  

I preface this by saying that I was not the biggest fan of La Reconquista, and it took me a long while to sit down and watch La Petite Étrangère in its entirety (I only watched clips from here and there). Not that Petite wasn’t good, I guess it just took a while for it to pull me in. While I still missed that something in most songs and choreographies, I enjoyed Petite.

But Un Nouveau Voyage?

I loved it.

The singing was more powerful in this musical and it’s clear that the actresses have poured practice time into that. Kanon and Momoyo sound wonderful, they’re my favorite singers from the Inners. The songs have a distinctly different overall tone, one that uses more classical instruments than the previous new musicals. I don’t know if this change has to do with the whole Infinity arc theme, but whatever the reason, I found myself rewinding a lot so I could listen to the songs multiple times. Many of them were very powerful in a good way. (Which reminds me, the ending medley of the musical's first half was really good.)

The choreographies had a lot of energy and I loved that they used a senshi dance break while Satomi went to change to the Super Sailor Moon costume. (I’ll be honest, I just love dance breaks and dramatic costume changes in Myus. xD)

I also really liked the changes in which they gave more spotlight to the other senshi, and the moments where they emphasized the importance of the girls' friendship, both Usagi being important to them and them being just as important to her.  

I do wish we could have seen Saturn drop her glaive down, but honestly, it’s a minor complaint. What I loved is that when Usagi was battling Pharaoh 90, the other senshi sent their power to her, a bit like they did in the 90’s anime. The moment when Sailor Moon started singing and the others joined her one by one gave me chills. Above all, I felt that saving Earth and destroying Pharaoh 90 was a battle in which each of the senshi had importance, and it just solidifies how important teamwork and combined power is in Sailor Moon.

One thing I didn’t like is that Yuuga and Satomi's chemistry was very flickering, one moment there, gone in the next, as was Yuuga’s connection with the other actresses. (I know that Yuuga focuses on the audience on purpose, but I wish they had decided against it.) When she was looking at Satomi, there was a connection there.

I really hope that while the Inner senshi actresses have graduated (it’s sad we won’t see them in the next Myu), they keep the Outer senshi cast. Mikako is a good Pluto (her moments were my favorites in Petite), Karin as Hotaru did an awesome job in her roles, and Sayaka (she is up there with Hiroko as my second favorite Neptune after Yuuka) and Shuu have a really good chemistry and understanding of their characters. I wish we had seen Neptune, Pluto, and Uranus in this Myu more prominently, but what moments they had were enjoyable.  

While the three Outers weren’t in the spotlight as much as you’d expect from an Infinity / S based Myu,
This thought trailed off so I'm going to put it under a spoiler tag xD:
there were multiple small moments between Haruka and Michiru when they weren’t the main focus. (The hand holding made me happy. ♥) And what a moment for Pluto to show up and erase Cyprine's spell. I loved that they gave that moment to her.

Also, I loved the ten senshi version of Ai no Starshine. The choreography was so fun with all the girls striking everyone's signature poses!

As a final note, I have Music of the Spheres stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage   [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top