The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Artemis and Minako's relationship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

Artemis and Minako's relationship Empty
PostSubject: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime14th March 2015, 8:41 pm

I seem to recall there being a manga act in the Dreams Arc where Artemis is peeping at Minako as 
she steps out of the shower. Minako gets upset and reprimands Artemis for it, to which if memory serves he 
seems to blush/have a bit of a dirty grin. I believe it's the same act where Minako becomes Super Sailor 
Venus, or the act before it.

Anyway, considering that we know Artemis and Luna to be a couple (Not to mention being humanoid.), does
this imply some irregular, but unrequited love interest on his part towards Minako? Wouldn't that be some 
form of infidelity on his part?

God bless. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime14th March 2015, 8:52 pm

I think it only counts as infidelity if Venus is reciprocating his love, since they aren't exactly being a couple behind Luna's back or anything. XD  And to be fair, I got the impression that Artemis and Luna are a fully realized couple in the future, not in the present. Luna has looked at other guys too, and we have no idea if Mauian values are exactly the same as Earth values in terms of marriage and romantic relationships. Maybe future Artemis has gotten over that one sided love with Venus.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime14th March 2015, 8:55 pm

But at that point we already learn that Artemis and Luna have a child in the future, no?

I mean considering that they were never reborn, I think Luna and Artemis have always been deemed a defacto canon couple since day one. At least that's my impression. 

How old are they anyway?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime14th March 2015, 9:12 pm

I have no idea, does it count as aging if you're asleep in a pod for 1,000 years?

What I meant is that, just because something happens in the future does not mean that it's predetermined. Diana is their future child, but I don't necessarily think that should immediately force Luna and Artemis together. That would feel a little wrong. And since they were so surprised by Diana in the first place, I assumed they may not have fully thought of each other as a couple at that point in time. They could have been "dating" though. Or at least had unsaid but obvious feelings. We have no evidence of what the two were like in terms of a relationship in the Silver Millennium, so this could just be a present day thing. This is just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 1:00 am

Actually it was Luna who reprimands Artemis for peeking on Minako (she bites his tail as punishment for being a peeping-tomcat). And I think Artemis does have a bit of a crush on Minako. She is after all, Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Wink However, I think Artemis was always more in love with Luna.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
whitehexe
Pyramidal Crystal

whitehexe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 1:10 pm

I kinda think of it this way: He is a male, who while is currently in a cat form, has a human(-ish) form, who also seems to be a young adult mentally (as does luna). He also spends a LOT of time with a beautiful young woman whom it is his duty to watch over and care for. A little crush or even just a slight intrigue is bound to occur on his behalf at some point in time. 

For artemis (and luna) I think they often think of themselves as still human(ish) or sometimes forget they are in a cat form and can't change. We don't know much about their past or about their species really. What if being in a cat form for so long is very new to them? If so, we can argue that they might forget about their form when it comes to feelings etc and see other humans as the same as them. As for Venus, I can't see feelings develop there because from her view, artemis is obviously a 'cat'. She has never (or at least that we know of) had experience or any relationship of any sort with him in his human form. Thus, his form would (I would think) prevent her from developing any sort of crush or feelings in that way.

Whether it carries on or anything comes of it is another thing and I couldn't see either of them really taking it that far, even if luna wasn't in the picture and if venus DID develop feelings for artemis. In the end, while there might be intrigue, Artemis cares for Venus in a different way - as a close friend and guardian, and Venus is too devoted to her role as leader and her mission of protecting Serenity to form any relationship really.
Back to top Go down
https://travelinggeta.blogspot.com/ http://whitehexe.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 5:01 pm

As I recall, Artemis is able to momentarily shift into his human form when Minako awakens her abilities as Super Sailor Venus. 

I never really understood that facet of the Sailor Animamates. It appears that Phobos and Deimos would be in the same predicament,no?
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 6:45 pm

I feel like if someone unfamiliar with Sailor Moon were to be looking over my shoulder right now and reading this thread, it'd make a really really awkward moment to explain.  I'm just saying. lol Artemis and Minako's relationship 3884866259
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:10 pm

Well it is possible that Naoko might have intended for Artemis to end up with Minako, no?

I mean considering that Luna and Artemis are pretty much intended as counterparts one to the other, it doesn't seem as plausible. However considering that the Shitennou and Senshi pairings didn't become canon until Crystal, it does remain a distinct possibility. I mean it is curious that Artemis would be something of an Animamate like Phobos and Deimos, no? Why is he Minako's? 

Anyone have any theories on Phobos and Deimos' relationship to Mars?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:20 pm

I don't think Animamate means that though. Artemis, Luna, Diana, Phobos, and Deimos are aliens from different planets, and none of them are senshi/have Sailor Crystals. They can just shift between human and animal forms because that's what they were (I'm assuming this is natural) always able to do. And as for Artemis and Minako being a possible couple, I honestly think that's just Takeuchi putting some more detail into their intricate relationship with each other. Artemis having a crush on her might be because he's thinking of Venus of the past and comparing Minako to that vision of the Goddess of Love. So I don't think it's quite romance, more like a one sided adoration.

Phobos and Deimos come off as more passive guardians. They don't constantly follow Rei and verbally dispense advice or information, but they seem much more intertwined with her home life and are protective of her and the shrine. Maybe they're just so used to not talking to Rei that they don't bother, or they just don't need to to do their jobs? So I guess they're less partners and more beloved servants to Mars.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:25 pm

Perhaps I'm drawing too much from the manga, but Phobos and Deimos appear to be potential senshi in training as it appears to be implied here:Artemis and Minako's relationship Smile_3_02_042_sailor_moon
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:27 pm

Artemis and Minako's relationship Smile_3-02_043__Sailor_Moon__zps216f02e9
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:35 pm

That still means that that they needed a Sailor Crystal, which belonged to the actual Sailor Cronos. Phobos and Deimos have regular star seeds, but were chosen to serve Mars in a similar fashion that Luna and Artemis serve the Moon Kingdom. But Lead Crow killed the original senshi of their planet and stole her Sailor Crystal, I think.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 7:44 pm

Fair enough, however they were reborn so as to serve Sailor Mars,no?

I didn't intend my statements to be read as my implying that Artemis was to be a senshi, but rather that he occupied the same acolyte-esque position that Phobos and Deimos did. I just figured that perhaps he might have potentially fallen for her in this new life.

Do we really know much about Silver Millenium Luna and Artemis?

I actually have another thread on the subject in case anyone is interested:

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t9965-sailor-avatar-incarnations#282314
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 7:15 pm

^I don't know if acolyte is the right word to describe the Mau cats' position though. I think they're more of an adviser/companion/mentor to their respective senshi.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 7:57 pm

Oh I know that the Mauians of the Moon clan aren't intended to be acolytes proper, but nonetheless Artemis occupies a unique role in relation to Minako that even Luna doesn't in relation to Usagi. Even if theoretically speaking Artemis was the one to train Minako, it is possible that he could have developed a crush on her. 

One thing I never got is why Artemis belongs to Minako. I mean I get the whole body double aspect of Minako and Usagi (Same with ChibiUSa and CereCere.), but I never quite figured it out. 

On the subject of body doubles, given that Luna, Artemis, and Diana are the last of their kind, does this imply that Diana will be a celibate for the rest of her days, or that she could potentially assume the role of Sailor Mau? After all, she is the only female Mauian currently in line for that position, so...
Back to top Go down
whitehexe
Pyramidal Crystal

whitehexe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 12:17 am

Do you mean why did he belong to Minako rather than Makoto or Ami? I think thats because in the silver millennium Venus was the leader of the senshi, as Serenity was not a 'senshi' then. Luna helped/guarded/advised the princess and artemis did the same for Minako as the leader of the senshi. That relationship carried on into the present world, even though it is arguable if one could still call venus the 'leader' or not.
Back to top Go down
https://travelinggeta.blogspot.com/ http://whitehexe.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 9:46 am

I hadn't considered that.

I wonder what kind of advisory role he played in Silver Millennium given that to our knowledge that would have been their initial incarnation,no?

Also, does he have the same role in the Sailor V manga? Does that translate well into Sailor Moon, or does the canon of Sailor V get superceded by the canon of Sailor Moon?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 10:07 am

Sailor V is considered a prequel to Sailor Moon, and Artemis was Minako's mentor in that.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 10:09 am

But is everything therein truly reconciled within the continuity of Sailor Moon, or do we have some gaps that are overlooked in conforming the two stories one to the other?

Doesn't Minako have a love interest of sorts in Adonis?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 10:38 am

I have yet to seen any gaps in logic that Sailor V makes, they fit pretty well together.

And as for Adonis....

Spoilers for the Sailor V manga:
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 10:40 am

Oh wow.

I wasn't aware of that. :/

That's a shame.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime17th March 2015, 11:26 am

So to some degree we got a recycling of that plot with Beryl and Endymion within Sailor Moon, no?
Back to top Go down
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime1st November 2018, 8:17 pm

In short, Artemis is a bit of a perv and has a bit of a crush on Minako. There's no romantic relationship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artemis and Minako's relationship   Artemis and Minako's relationship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artemis and Minako's relationship

View previous topic View next topic Back to top