The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?    Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 9:50 pm

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the 90s anime forum or the debate forum, so I hope this is the right place for this topic.  What are your thoughts on this meme?  As a fan of both Sailor Moon and Frozen, the meme is cute and all and I think there are some similarities between Berthier and Elsa's designs, but I feel like the meme is exaggerating the similarities a bit.  Petz and Calaveras took advantage of Berthier but I don't recall them trying to control her and the situation between them and the situation with Elsa and her family and how Elsa's family treats her in Frozen is entirely different.  I'm pretty sure Berthier's powers don't come from her gloves and the show never says she uses her gloves to control them.  I always thought her powers came from the Black Crystal?  I think Berthier trying to kill herself with her ice powers is a lot different of a situation than Elsa using her ice powers to make her a new home to live in.  The comparison between Koan and Anna seems too generalized again and I'm not sure if you could say Koan barely knew Rubeus since they all seemed to know each other from the future.  It also seems a bit of a stretch to me to point to Toei doing outsourced work for Disney on one of their direct to video films as proof as Disney used Asian studios for the outsourced animation in their direct to video films all the time and so I don't think there's anything particularly special about this connection.  I do think there are some legitimate instances where Disney has ripped off of anime, the most famous examples being The Lion King and Kimba the White Lion and Disney's Atlantis ripping off Nadeisco but I think this one is an exaggeration.  Again, the only similarities I can really see between Berthier and Elsa are their outfits and hairstyles but it should also be pointed out that Frozen has been in the works at Disney since at least their early Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs day when Walt Disney was still alive.  I also think if Frozen did rip off Sailor Moon, we would be seeing more people in Japan being critical of it yet Frozen is a huge hit in Japan and is like the highest selling non-Japanese movie in Japan at the moment, so the Japanese don't seem to be too bothered by it.  This meme is cute and all but I've seen this meme being passed around online as a serious argument before:
Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   1sdFU8m
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?    Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 10:00 pm

I say coincidence. Frozen was based of some fairytale that is centuries old.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?    Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 10:00 pm

I've seen that meme floating around Tumblr recently. 

The meme is cute and i always like to headcanon Elsa and Berthier meeting each other (hence my "Real Elsa" bumper)

Also, there's this:
Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   XAHvIUz
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Slowpokeking
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?    Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   I_icon_minitime16th August 2018, 8:08 pm

The first time I saw Elsa, I felt like I've seen her somewhere before. And I didn't realize it till like 2-3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?    Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon and Disney's Frozen (major spoilers for SMR & Frozen)?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top