The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

[Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA Empty
PostSubject: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime22nd February 2015, 7:55 am

Hey all, I have a homework assignment that involves making a PSA/Poster to go along with an essay I wrote. The topic was how the integration of technology such as apps can assist in mental healthcare at universities. Please view it in full size.

Right now I'm not feeling too hot on the text in the white box on the bottom. Any advice?

[Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA B5hjcFP

Note: I changed the URL to some random letters bc I don't feel comfortable giving out the name of my local university.

#ag #agcritique
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime22nd February 2015, 8:19 am

I think you might want to consider changing the text at the top as well. The text seems a little goofy compared to the serious topic the ad is talking about. Personally I think the font you're using at the bottom would look better at the top since I think it grabs the attentions viewer more. (Every time I look at the ad my eyes keep drifting towards the bottom.) If you decide to change the font around, you could try using a smaller text like Century Gothic or Code Bold for the bottom font. (Actually that entire box might possibly look even better smaller.)

Finally, the blue seems a little bright in my opinion. A darker shade of blue might work better.

Hope this helps! uwu.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime22nd February 2015, 8:26 am

THANK YOU Yunie! It looks way better. I was searching for a good sans serif font to use but I just couldn't figure it out. I think the dark background is great as well.

[Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA TnoExQU
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime22nd February 2015, 8:52 am

It looks amazing! Glad I could help!  Smile
Back to top Go down
minalover
Star Seed

minalover

Star Seed

Title : frazzled & bedazzled

PostSubject: Re: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 11:09 pm

The san serif font you have at the bottom is gorgeous! I agree though, I think the font at the top is too playful for the topic. Since the bottom text is san serif, maybe consider a serif? Caslon Pro is always good, as is Cambria. 

(I also love the Avenir family for san serif fonts.)

Right now, my issue with it is the sizing on the iPhone - it looks squished and fake. Is there any way you can mess with the original image?

I also like the darker background, but it feels too simple for me. 

You're working with a great image and I would hang it on my campus - keep going!
Back to top Go down
http://minalover.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA   [Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Critique] Homework Assignment - PSA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top