The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

[Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime7th February 2015, 12:03 pm

I wanted to start looking up more websites to find textures and whatnot since I'm a little tired of searching the same places for stuff. This can also be a helpful discussion for members who need help looking for resources in general.  [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? 1434556979

Anyway, I personally often tend to visit DeviantArt since there is a wide variety of stuff to choose from there. (I also favorite a lot of the stuff I download and watch the users who make stuff I like. I find doing both of these things to be really helpful!) I've also downloaded some texture packs off tumblr from time to time as well but I usually never really like them.  Evil or Very Mad  

#ag #agdiscussion
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime7th February 2015, 12:15 pm

There are a couple websites I go to but my favorite is
http://www.obsidiandawn.com/

I also like
http://www.brusheezy.com/

I have more I'll update when I get home.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 3:46 am

You can find good textures here (Queenie gave me the link). I also like to search up some tags on tumblr. I also use deviantart and sometimes visit photoshop resource sites like this and this. Deviantart is my favorite source for textures and other graphics related stuff.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 8:02 am

THANKS A BUNCH, GUYS! Thank you, Yunie, for opening this thread and thanks to Starchild and Goddess Saturn for your recommendations! My only source was Google until now xD And these pages are just amazing! I feel like I downloaded half of the internet xD

Really - thank you so much, guys! I could hug you all!
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 10:15 am

I'm glad it's been helpful for you! uwu.

Here is a link to all the textures I have favorited on my DA account. That should help you as well. uwu.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 10:16 am

OMG, thank you so much! [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 4:59 pm

i tend to hit up graphic forums for all my resources. shadowplay(Which is advertised in the non-sm site forum) has a lot of good resources there. (Especially if you're the type of person that loves using stock pictures for backgrounds) c: i also tend to have a preferred list of texture makers from dA who i adore and are my go-to's for textures.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 9:31 pm

Aaaannnnd downloaded a ton off your favorties Yunie  [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? 3884866259
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime16th February 2015, 9:55 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 8:36 pm

There goes my hard drive space... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 6:11 am

wow, Yunie, you have favorited so many textures O.o
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 9:48 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

Yeah, I recently bought a 2 TB external hard-drive so I plan on moving all my textures and stuff on there.

Goddess Saturn wrote:
wow, Yunie, you have favorited so many textures O.o

Personally it helps me for organizational purposes and sometimes I favorite stuff just in case I want to download it later on. I also have brushes, pngs, etc. favorited as well.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 5:37 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

^This

i see myself spending the next 6 hours next saturday downloading resources, so thank you guys, thank you.

i usually search on deviantart.com and tumblr.com, there a ton of communities, and i forgot the ones i lurk most :/
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 8:18 am

La bump. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 8:35 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
La bump. Very Happy
THANKS A BUNCH FOR BUMPING!!!! [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? 190603310 [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? 3661426558
Lol. Really. This place really helps me out a lot XD
I mostly use deviantART to search for textures, brushes, patterns and so on and sometimes google (since there are times when I am searching for a specific colour texture and they have that useful search engine where you can choose that).
[Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? Tumblr_mytikcONSG1sbmu2ho4_100
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 6:20 am

I know this thread is old, but I think it's a really great thread! Even though I kinda hate Mars because I've spent over an hour (so far) going through the various links and downloading new textures to play with >.> xD I'd love to see where people are going to get their textures and such now since it's been over a year since this has been posted in ^^;;
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?   [Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] What are your go-to places for resources?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top