The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

My BSSM Novelization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

My BSSM Novelization Empty
PostSubject: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 2:22 am

(I don't know if this is in the right place...)

As the title says, I'm planning on writing a novelization of the 1990s anime - even if I'm an American, I am using English-subbed Japanese. I will give you the title I'm using for the novelization, Beautiful Soldier Sailor Moon.

In fact I've already written a prologue and I'm in the process of writing the first episode. I plan for at least one book per season, and at most three books.

Although, I will say this right now - there will be aspects and scenes of the manga incorporated in, and (from what I have seen) select scenes and/or aspects from the TV drama as well as from Crystal version of the anime. I'm not going to use the musical nor am I going to use names from the TV drama.

I am aware that there are problems and issues that are bound to pop up. One thing that I need to think about is that I need to decide whether or not I am going to adjust the seasons as I go, just enough that it's not identical to the anime itself.

Here are things that I do plan to incorporate into the novelization:
• Having the Amazones Quartetto awaken as the Sailor Quartetto have have them involved more in terms of them being Sailor Soldiers.
• Letting Rei's guardian crows, Deimos and Phobos, have their human forms.
• Giving Urawa Ryō (Ami's boyfriend) and Kumada Yūichirō have bigger roles beyond what they currently have.
• Giving Naru more screen time, letting her remain Usagi's best (civilian) friend. And letting Naru be told about the Soldiers and the fact that Usagi is Sailor Moon.

I do have some questions, I would like to ask all of you - even if they don't come into play until late in the stories.

My first major question is this: How important is the break-up in the second half of the second season important to character growth?

My second important question is this: In regards to the first half of the fifth and last season, how critical is it to the storyline of the entire arc?

Minor questions, but ones I still want answered:
• A. Should I include Sailor Heavy-Metal Papillon in the novelization?
• B. Should I include the castles of the Guardian Deities and the "External Sentry" (Sailors Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn)?
• C. Should I incorporate Sailor Cosmos, Guardian Cosmos, and the Galaxy Cauldron?
• D. If you think I should work in Sailor Cosmos, do you have any ideas as to how?

In regards to minor questions C and D, I do want to use the fact that Chibi-Chibi is Sailor Cosmos, if I do incorporate this I plan to find another way for Chibi-Chibi to be linked to the Hope of Light.

(Damn! This message body is small now, it should allow for at least eight or ten lines to be seen - not three!!)
Back to top Go down
http://shinwa-tsuki.deviantart.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 4:58 am

Yay for Urawa! I always loved his character.

First question- I think it is pretty unimportant. Most fans seem to find it annoying and unnecessary. I feel like that time could be better spent giving some development into their relationship.

Second- I think as long as your find a way to wrap up Nehellenia's story AND awaken Saturn again than I think you will be fine without it. I will also add that it sounds like your version of Stars could be very similar to the manga which means that first half of that season would not even come into play. 

For the minor questions, I think you should include each of those elements, but I love the manga version of Stars wayyyyy more than the anime so I'm kinda biased (although I think Heavy Metal Papillon could work fabulously into the anime story)

Good luck! I hope this helped a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 4:29 pm

Good luck on this big task!

@Break Up: I find it unimportant. I think it was just added to make drama. Maybe you can find another way to strength the bond between Usagi and Mamoru. Maybe they question if their love is true? 

@The first half of the fifth season: Honestly it was just there so they could get the Outers back into the story.  Maybe you can find another way to bring them back? Or just have them come back when Galaxia strikes the planet. Their duties are to protect the solar system from outside forces. So maybe they sense the Starlights and confront them? Just throwing out ideas here. XD

@ Chibi Chibi: It's kind of hard to incorporate Sailor Cosmos since in the anime Chibi Chibi is Galaxia's star seed. Maybe Cosmos can appear in a different form to Usagi? Or just get rid of the star seed element all together.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 7:54 pm

Shinwa wrote:
Here are things that I do plan to incorporate into the novelization:
•  Having the Amazones Quartetto awaken as the Sailor Quartetto have have them involved more in terms of them being Sailor Soldiers.
•  Letting Rei's guardian crows, Deimos and Phobos, have their human forms.
•  Giving Urawa Ryō (Ami's boyfriend) and Kumada Yūichirō have bigger roles beyond what they currently have.
•  Giving Naru more screen time, letting her remain Usagi's best (civilian) friend. And letting Naru be told about the Soldiers and the fact that Usagi is Sailor Moon.

LOVE ALL THIS. I love that you are adding in aspects from the other versions. Though sad you aren't including the musicals (my guess is because you haven't seen them yet). If you are curiuos about the musicals or wonder if there are any elements that you could add, feel free to ask me questions about them. ^_^

Quote :
My first major question is this: How important is the break-up in the second half of the second season important to character growth?

I'm one of the sole people that doesn't mind the break up arc in R. However, I felt it could've been written better. I think if you could actually write it better to make it more believable and not so obvious "ITS FOR DRAMA LULZ" that would be amazing. With you writing it, itd be easier to get into both Mamoru and Usagi's heads about whats going on and I think things that didn't make sense or seemed pointless in the anime, could have sense made to them and work towards their character development.

You could easily tie it into the manga's story too. Basically, the break up really wrecks on Usagi's self esteem and feeling like she can't do anything on her own and she realizes she can fight on her own before Mamoru and them resolve the issue and then perhaps that would be when they get back together. I dunno just throwing out ideas there.

Quote :
My second important question is this: In regards to the first half of the fifth and last season, how critical is it to the storyline of the entire arc?

Rather than try to follow how the Stars arc worked, I would have SuperS end with how the Stars arc begins but maybe take more aspects from the manga story. It would make SuperS feel like it has more closure than the anime version gave it (as much as I LOVE LOVE the finale, it did feel slightly anti climatic when Nehellenia goes in the mirror and just gets away...). ALSO YES BRING IN SAILOR QUARTET HECK YES.

Quote :
Minor questions, but ones I still want answered:
•  A. Should I include Sailor Heavy-Metal Papillon in the novelization?
•  B. Should I include the castles of the Guardian Deities and the "External Sentry" (Sailors Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn)?
•  C. Should I incorporate Sailor Cosmos, Guardian Cosmos, and the Galaxy Cauldron?
•  D. If you think I should work in Sailor Cosmos, do you have any ideas as to how?

In regards to minor questions C and D, I do want to use the fact that Chibi-Chibi is Sailor Cosmos, if I do incorporate this I plan to find another way for Chibi-Chibi to be linked to the Hope of Light.

A. Don't see why not. Even if its a minor show up, itd be cool to see her mentioned.
B. Again, don't see why not, think you could throw them into the Stars arc to explain why the Outers hardly show up anyway.
C. If you decide to work in Sailor Cosmos, you will have to change up the ending of the Stars story. You could keep some essence of the anime's version, basically the character development episodes of the Starlights and them becoming friends with the Senshi, however, to include Cosmos, i think you would have to at some point make the story follow the manga a bit more.

OOORRRR Even though you aren't including hte musicals, maybe you should watch "Eien Densetsu Kaiteiban" because it sort of follows the anime but does it in its own way. It includes Chaos but not Cosmos (actually you could argue Cosmos is there in spirit as the senshi use a "cosmos" attack against chaos) IMO, that musical is the best version of the Stars storyline.

If you want to include a physical form of Cosmos, it could some how be a powered up version of Chibi Chibi during hte final fight. Maybe she mentions that her form is the form that Moon could eventually become as long as she never loses hope or something very sailor moon like?

I dunno but I love this idea. Please post updates of this project in the Writers section when you start it! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime14th January 2015, 5:35 am

This sounds awesome! Where are you posting it? Fanfiction.net? I would love to read it! It sounds amazing! If you want, I'd love to beta read it.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 2:10 am

Oh, thanks for the ideas...

Since, from the replies I've received, some of you want me to work Sailor Cosmos in somehow and find a why to deal with the first half of that arc. For Sailor Cosmos....I'm thinking of having Chibi-Chibi be from the far future like she is in the manga, and have her be the child form of Sailor Cosmos - but Chibi-CHibi would also be linked to the Soldier Crystal (that is my term for the Sailor Crystal) of Galaxia by holding onto a necklace locket that contains the Sapphire Crystal (the manga name, I think, for Galaxia's Soldier Crystal).

I could work Sailor Heavy-Metal Papillon into at least one episode — maybe two or three.

Please, keep giving me ideas for my questions that are in the first post. I still having received any idea on how critical the break-up in R[eturn] is for Usagi and Mamoru in terms of character development.
----

As to where, I'm going to post it.... I'm thinking here (which section should I post my fanstory in?) as I can adjust the text as I like - and that's an artistic factor really. Also, I don't have any idea on how to post anything on Fanfiction.net... so if someone could tell me, that would be very nice.

At some point, I'm going to be posting a thread that explains some things.

Right now, I'm at a pause. Mainly because I don't know where I can find all 200 episodes of the Japanese Sailor Moon (1990s) that have English subbed and are available to download and watch. So, some help would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 4:37 am

You would post it in the creativity center writers section.You can edit your posts anywhere on the forum.

As for the episodes I know you can stream the show on Hulu,but they're half way through R. I'm not sure where else you can find it.

As for the break up I would try to make more believeable? Honestly I found it as pointless drama. But if it was written better I could see it strengthing Usa's and Mamo's bond.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 4:47 am

@Shinwa: Here's a good place where they air high quality episodes from Classic to SuperS: http://zeroanime.net I can't find a place where they show Stars, though.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 4:47 am

Shinwa wrote:

Right now, I'm at a pause. Mainly because I don't know where I can find all 200 episodes of the Japanese Sailor Moon (1990s) that have English subbed and are available to download and watch. So, some help would be nice.
You can try and look on Youtube or download all 200 episodes
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 7:10 am

I have all of SMC's subtitled episodes of the anime. Maybe we could figure a way out for me to give it to you in batches?
Back to top Go down
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 2:01 pm

There are a lot of torrents that come with subtitles! That's where I got mine.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 5:48 pm

Can we seen an excerpt of what you've done so far? I'm really interested!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 10:32 pm

Sure, give me a bit of time. I'll be post the prologue at the moment – excerpts will be in a different post, if you like the prologue.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Here's the prologue:

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Once Upon a Time (Long, Long Ago)

Several centuries, if not a few millennia, ago was an era known as the Silver Millennium. All over the Milky Way galaxy, citizens inhabited and lived on many of the planets, some asteroids, and several satellites – most of the satellites and some of the asteroids were under the aegis of the planet that satellite orbited or the asteroid as in alliance with. These citizens lived as peacefully as possible.

Each planet had its own kingdom, and each kingdom had a castle of its own. Most of the kingdoms were in alliance with each other, thus they helped and protected each other in times of need. This alliance was known as the Argentum Pactum [1]; the only kingdom, and its planet, which was not offered alliance nor given any aide was the one with the most life on it – the one that those of the alliance called Gaea.

Gaea's satellite was known as Argyros. Argyros was the kingdom that started the Argentum Pactum, thus most the members of the alliance sent their best royal soldier there. On Argyros were the kingdoms of Mare Serēnitātis, which was also called the Silver Kingdom [2], and its sister Mare Tranquillitātis, both of these sister kingdoms were birthed from the former kingdom known as Mare Dēsīderiī [3]. Located at the heart of Mare Serēnitātis, the largest kingdom on Argyros, was the Selēne Castle, which was home to the wise and caring queen and her daughter.

Just beneath the surface of Gaea itself was the kingdom known as the Golden Kingdom which protected its primary kingdom, Terra Prōtectōris, and its four neighboring kingdoms – the Loca Boreālis, to the north; the Loca Orientālis, to the east; the Loca Austrīnī, to the south; and the Loca Occidentis, to the west. Within the heart of Terra Prōtectōris was the sacred land, the holy grounds, known as Elysion. In Elysion, the Maenads worked with their Brother – the high priest of Elysion. The Golden Kingdom had its own castle, known as the Golden Castle, was home to the courageous and stern king and the gentle yet brave queen.

Those of the planet Mercury were known for their intelligence, they were inventors, scholars, and strategists. Those of the planet Venus were known for their beauty and leadership qualities; the planet Venus was considered to be a twin (or triplet) to Argyros as well as Gaea, many of the Venusian were known to have twinly qualities. Those of the planet Mars were known for their spirituality and were prone to fiery tempers when provoked. Those of the planet Jupiter were known to have qualities of Amazones and were known for their height, some have jokingly called them giants. These four planets were collectively called the Internal Guardians.

Those of the planet Uranus were known for their swordsmanship, many soldiers come from Uranus. Those of the planet Neptune were known for their musical talents and parental temperaments, if any Neptunian visited Gaea they would find a deep connection with the oceans and seas. Those of the planet Saturn were known for their mastery and skill at wielding glaives, spears, poleaxes, and scythes; their planet was home to many saddening events and traumatized inhabitants. Finally, those of the planet Pluto were known for their ability to predict the future and see events from the past as well as sense temporal and spatial disturbances in the timestream – an ability that they call “Chronos Sight”, they were skilled at wielding quarterstaves and other types of polearms. These four planets were known to guard the Milky Way galaxy from external invaders, this task had the four planets called the External Sentry.

The galactic language was known as Galaxía Glóssa, its was the language that the alliance spoke when conversing with each other. There was Latin, which was spoken primarily by those of Gaea.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The era of the Silver Millennium was a peaceful time under the reign of the wise and caring queen of Mare Serēnitātis. The Golden Kingdom, and its planet, was just beginning to enter the era that would be known as the Bronze Age.

There was a kind and gentle crown princess who lived in the Selēne Castle with her mother, whom she was named after. The crown princess of Argyros, and the only heiress of Mare Serēnitātis, was considered to be one of the two most beautiful ladies – the other being the princess's good friend, the leader of her Guardian Soldiers – warrioresses who are dedicated to protecting the princess, from the planet Venus. The princess was prone to visiting Gaea. Upon one of her visits to Gaea, she encountered the crown prince of the Golden Kingdom, a handsome young man with a courageous and kind heart, who was the sole heir to Terra Prōtectōris. The prince and the princess continued to meet and, eventually, the fell in love. A court sorceress of the Golden Kingdom was envious of the affection that the crown prince gave the princess from the Silver Kingdom, the envy that the sorceress felt was so great it called a rather foul Being. This Being that the sorceress summoned began to manipulate the hearts of the citizens of Gaea, including the four guards of their crown prince. After a few months, those of Gaea attacked their neighbor – Argyros, with this attack the once peaceful era, the Silver Millennium, fell in late 1651 BC [4].

Some centuries later, Argyros is now called what those of Gaea call it – the Moon, Gaea is known as Earth, and there are other changes but those are the most prominent ones.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Notes for the prologue:

[1] The Argentum Pactum is also called the Silver Alliance or the Argent Alliance.

[2] The other continuities state that the alternative name for the kingdom in Mare Serēnitātis is the “Silver Millennium”, I've decided not to use that but to create another parallel between the Moon and the Earth.

[3] The former Mare Dēsīderiī, more commonly spelled as Mare Desiderii, is a real lunar sea – or it was.

[4] An important notice: The year that the Silver Millennium fell is 1651 BC. The next date, for the Lunar Princess and the Gaean Prince, will be (winter) September 16, 1992 AD. The next date, for the Venusian warrioress, will be (winter) September 23, 1991 AD.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Please tell me if you want translations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My BSSM Novelization   My BSSM Novelization I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My BSSM Novelization

View previous topic View next topic Back to top