The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons Empty
PostSubject: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 10:13 am

[Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons Xt655NJ

Welcome to the January Writing Challenge!

What's a writing challenge, you ask? Writing challenges are when I give you prompts or specific guidelines you must adhere to in your writing or give you specific goals to reach and everyone who manages to do the task successfully is a winner. This isn't a contest, so no one will be voting or choosing winners. Everyone is a winner! Isn't that awesome?

Well, as long as you meet the goal anyways.

This month we're going to start simple! In this thread, you must post a piece of writing (at least 200 words) containing your own headcanon about Sailor Moon characters during the holidays/winter season. Here are some prompts to inspire you, but feel free to come up with your own things!

- Snowball fight! Who would win? Who would lose?
- What does New Year in the Tsukino household look like?
- How does the happy Outers family decorate their Christmas tree?
- Who can tolerate the cold weather the most? Who's really miserable, and how would they cope?
- Who really, really loves snow? Me
- What are the senshi's New Year resolutions?
- What's the holiday season in the Dark Kingdom like? (Feel free to go crazy with it!)

And more!

Remember, you can't just answer the questions as if you write an essay. You must write a story! And it can't just be a holiday story. It must introduce a headcanon of your own. (So instead of writing a story about how Mako bakes during the holidays, you can write a story about how Mako has a tradition of baking a specific cookie during the holidays - and explain why!) If you're unsure whether your idea would meet the challenge requirements or not, you can always PM me and ask before writing and posting your story!

Everyone who posts a piece that meets the outlined guidelines above will win the challenge! And when you have won enough challenges, you got these awesome bumpers!

[Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons Cqgu9B4 [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons 2Qh98B3 [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons XEE3MAb [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons Y8pZmsI

So what are you waiting for? Get writing! You have until January 31st, 2015 to post your story.

Last edited by Sailor Mercury on 21st April 2016, 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 10:50 am

So do we just post the story here on this thread? And is there a cutoff date for this challenge?
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 10:54 am

Yes, just post here! Since there won't be any voting or anything, no point sending it in private.

Oh and thank you for reminding me xD The challenge should last until the end of the month. Feel free to post more than one story, too, if you feel so inclined. This is more like a writing party. (But you'll only get one win per challenge xD)
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime6th January 2015, 7:06 pm

oooh i want to try this out this week.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 2:58 am

Bumping this! You have two weeks to post your stories!
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 7:53 am

I forgot about this. I definitely want to do it. Can it be an AU head canon.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 8:45 am

Can you give an example of that? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 8:24 pm

say for example Usagi and Mamoru have a normal life for awhile and get to do couple things they dont normally do (all appropriate of course) because they are fighting bad guys.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 8:29 pm

Basically they aren't senshi?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 8:35 pm

yeppers
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 10:18 pm

Well you can make it canon by putting it in the time before Crystal Tokyo perhaps? I may have AUs in future challenges, so I'd like to keep this one within canon perimeters if possible.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 10:37 pm

okie i can def make that work Smile
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime24th January 2015, 4:24 pm

i am going to work on this tonight
Here is my entry, Its the cheesiest thing ever and I am a little scared to put it on here, please be kind, I know there are probably a lot of errors and other things I need to improve on, but I hope you enjoy my story.

Ice Skates and Cinnamon Rolls

Mamoru had been planning this date with Usagi for while now, he was planning to take Usagi ice skating. Despite her clumsy nature, Mamoru was hopeful the two would have a good time and it would give the two a chance to be together without worry of an attack. Come to think of it, as Mamoru thought he realized how peaceful things had been over the past few months. He was thankful because it allowed him to focus on his studies more, but also gave him more time to spend with Usako.

Mamoru dialed her cell and waited for her to answer. He loved hearing her voice, it always brightened his day. When she heard him say Mamo-chan, he could tell she was smiling ear to ear. “Usako are you almost ready to go, I am heading to the park now and will meet you there.” Mamoru hung up the phone after Usagi confirmed she would meet him there and was just about to walk out the door. He was happy that Usagi had been more focused on things like school and arriving places on time.
Just as Mamoru arrived at the park, it began to snow. Only a few minutes later did Usagi show up, her face absolutely glowing as she walked up to Mamoru and hugged him. Mamoru wrapped his arms around Usagi and lightly kissed her forehead as he smiled down at her, “you ready to go?” he said as he extended his hand out to her.

Usagi laced her fingers with Mamoru’s as she told him all about her week and classes, or rather that she was happy to be on Winter Vacation. “I have more time to spend with you Mamo-chan.” She said as she blushed and drew nearer to Mamoru. Mamoru couldn’t help but smile, he loved Usagi’s spirit and hoped she would still be in high spirits when she saw what he had planned for them.

When Usagi saw the rink with others skating on it she stopped walking, “Mamo-chan, what are we doing here?” she asked feeling nervous, the thought of ice skating scared her a bit, even though she had been told she was a grand ice-skater on the moon, that was in her past life and now Usagi couldn’t even walk without tripping sometimes, how did Mamoru expect her to skate without making a complete fool of herself. When she turned and looked up at him, she knew he was serious and that he was planning on going on the rink with her.

Mamoru looked at Usagi and could tell she was nervous; he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and bent down to whisper in her ear, “don’t worry about it, it will be fun, and I will be right here with you to catch you if you fall.” Usagi looked up him still feeling nervous but nodded; she trusted Mamoru with her life and knew they were just there to have fun.

The two put on their skates and slowly made their way to the rink. Mamoru felt Usagi’s grip on his arm tighten as they stepped on to the ice. He was feeling nervous himself too, but thought it would be a fun time for the two of them. Mamoru stepped onto the ice first and held out his hand to help Usagi onto the ice. He slowly guided her along the rink, and felt her nerves begin to ease. It seemed like something had come back to her or she had just let herself have a good time. Either way the two were going at a pretty steady pace after some time and had made their way closer to the center of the rink.

Eventually Mamoru felt Usagi’s nerves almost disappear as they started to do spins on the rink. After some time Mamoru could tell Usagi was feeling confident so he let her go for a moment and followed closely behind.

Usagi felt more and more comfortable on the ice, memories of her past life came flooding back into her mind. Usagi picked up her pace breaking free from Mamoru. Usagi envisioned herself jumping up and doing a double spin and landing on one foot and how it would impress everyone, herself included. Usagi picked up her speed and when she was clear of the other people she jumped up and felt herself spinning but something happened she lost her focus and had glanced to Mamoru to make sure he was looking at her and when Usagi came down she landed hard on her ankle, causing her to sprawl out on the ice with a thud.
Usagi felt the pain rush from the bottom of her foot all the way up her leg. She placed a hand over her mouth so she wouldn’t scream. She looked down at her ankles and was thankful that she hadn’t sliced her leg or anything else. She was also glad that she didn’t injure anyone else, but was embarrassed that she had fallen in front of everyone, especially Mamoru, which made Usagi wonder where he was.

Mamoru had been watching Usagi and was surprised at her sudden ease on the ice. He watched as she attempted her double twist. She almost had it but when she came down, Mamoru rushed over to her in case she was severely hurt. Mamoru was by her side in seconds. “Usako, what happened? Where are you hurt?” he asked noticing her wince in pain. Mamoru glanced at her feet and noticed that her left foot was a bit twisted. He scooped her up and skate off the rink. The rink workers helped Mamoru and Usagi to the benches. Mamoru quickly took off his own skates and then went to take Usagi’s skates off. Her right ankle had already become swollen which caused Usagi more pain as Mamoru gently took off her skate.

He so hate to see Usagi in pain. Mamoru spoke softly, hoping to lighten her mood and distract her mind from the pain.  “You were so close, you’ll get it next time for sure Usako.” He looked up at Usagi and saw a tear escape her eye. He sat up and reached his hand out, brushing away her tear with his thumb, “hey now it’s okay, we all fall sometimes, and I am taking you to the doctor right now to have this checked out.

Usagi had felt embarrassed but was so thankful that Mamoru was being so kind, he didn’t even tease her for falling. She nodded when Mamoru said he was taking her to the doctor.  After tests and X-rays it was revealed that Usagi had only sprained her ankle.  After Usagi was bandaged Mamoru drove back to his apartment. He still had some surprises up his sleeve. Mamoru walked with Usagi so she didn’t  put too much weight on her ankle. When they got to his apartment, he helped Usagi to the couch and got her a footrest to put her foot on to keep it elevated.

Mamoru went to make some hot cocoa and pulled out the cinnamon rolls he made earlier that morning. He put them in the oven to warm them up and also so he could put the icing on them. Mamoru could tell Usagi was still feeling down so he hoped this would cheer her up, he knew she was one to never refuse sweets.

Usagi was sitting on Mamoru’s couch when she smelled something delectable. She glanced over her shoulder to see what Mamoru was up to. She asked what he was making, but Mamoru would not tell her anything more then she would find out soon enough.  Usagi turned back around and rested her head on the back of the sofa. Usagi spoke, feeling much calmer now. “I felt so natural out there Mamo-chan, if only I didn’t fall, but hey it could have been worse right?” she asked as she chuckled a bit, trying to brush off her fall.

Mamoru chuckled, a bit, “you’re right it could have been much worse, I think we should go again once your ankle is all healed.” As Mamoru spoke he pulled the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and placed the icing on them. The hot cocoa was also finished. He poured two cups and placed the cinnamon rolls on plates as he came and sat down next to her. Mamoru noticed how she lit up when he presented her with the hot chocolate and the cinnamon roll. She thanked him as a huge smile formed on her face.
Mamoru grabbed the blankets that were on the back of his sofa and draped them over the two of them as he turned on the TV. Usagi and Mamoru chose a movie to watch while they had their sweet treats. Usagi moved closer to Mamoru so she could rest her head on his chest as they watched the movie. She was thankful for the small moments like this and she had also begun to notice that she and Mamoru were spending more time together as there was now a time of peace and Usagi hadn’t needed to fight for months.

Usagi felt her eyelids drift shut after she finished her hot chocolate and cinnamon roll. Mamoru had been focused on the movie for awhile, when it finally went to the break he spoke looking down at Usagi, “you know, I-,” he paused noticing she had fallen asleep. Mamoru smiled, she wore herself out today, he thought as he wrapped one arm around her and with his other hand ran his fingers slowly though her hair, it was something that was almost therapeutic for him, to be with Usagi and for it to be so natural, it made him smile as he thought about how much he enjoyed the day’s events and how he hoped there would be many more days like this one. Slowly Mamoru’s eyes also drifted shut as he dreamed about the future happiness he and Usagi would continue to have together.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime25th January 2015, 1:34 am

I think this is really cute! I have been wondering if Usagi's "talent" on the ice would manifest itself again at some point because of her past life. I think some part of her still remembers it and it would continue to show up the more she practices.

Thanks for participating and grab a bumper! Smile
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime27th January 2015, 12:37 am

Finally had time to write something for this! This started out as a cute idea and then it got kind of bittersweet at the end, sorry about that! [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons 3884866259

Gingerbread House

Ami closed the door to her condominium, locking it behind her before heading down the hall to her room. She had gotten out of cram school around 6 PM, and she wanted to start on her homework before eating dinner. Her mother wasn’t back from the hospital yet, judging by the lack of shoes in the foyer. It wasn’t strange for Dr. Mizuno to get home late during the workweek, and the holidays were a busy time for her. Sometimes, she even had to sleep over for the night, but Ami didn’t mind it too much.

“Hm?” Ami walked back down to the kitchen, having spotted something sitting on the normally clean countertop. It was a freshly baked gingerbread house, fully assembled but otherwise undecorated. Next to the plate, a tube of frosting and bits of candy were set out. Ami smiled at the sight, wondering how in the world her mother had found the time to do it this time.

Ever since she could remember, Ami always made a gingerbread house with her parents during the holiday season. It had started out as a family activity, when her father was still in the house. They spent nearly half a day baking and gluing it together with icing, and then slowly covering it with designs. They’d take a picture of it when it finished (her father always liked to save at least an image of their “artwork”), and the it would slowly be eaten over the course of a week. When her father disappeared to paint in the woods, her mother still tried to keep up the tradition, even as her workload steadily increased. Eventually, they could no longer make the gingerbread house on a certain day, so they split up the job. Ami’s mother would bake the gingerbread, and Ami would decorate it later, and then leave it out until they both were home to admire it.

It became a game of sorts, with Ami wondering when her mother would bake the treat this year, as she never managed to actually catch her in the act between work shifts, and Dr. Mizuno gave no indication beforehand on the date. But it always showed up sometime in December without fail, on the counter with all the supplies out, and a slightly teasing note left on the refrigerator white board about Ami having to try harder next year. The same message was there now, and Ami erased it before writing her own, and then went to plan out her design for the house. Last year’s was based off the palace on the moon, the one she occasionally saw in her dreams, but what would she do this time?

“Hm…” As she thought, she finally saw that the gingerbread house had a slip of paper under it. Was that a...post card? Frowning slightly, she pulled it out and flipped it over, revealing a beautifully painted image of a log cabin in the snowy mountains. The sloppy signature in the bottom corner made her tear up. How did her father know when they planned to make the gingerbread house this year? He only really sent things on her birthday, so what made him do it this year? Hastily wiping her eyes even though she knew no one was watching, Ami used a magnet to stick the postcard on the fridge as well, next to the board.

“Thanks for the idea...” She started frosting the gingerbread, using the picture as her reference. For the first time in years, Ami felt like she was doing something with both her parents again, despite the kitchen being completely empty.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime27th January 2015, 12:59 am

Awww thanks you made me cry. This was really sweet and beautiful though <3 Thank you for posting and grab a bumper!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 8:00 am

When it comes to the snow and who loves it, thoughts automatically go to Ami. It makes a certain kind of sense, with her element being water and ice. Now, don't misunderstand her, Ami, loves the cold and the snow, she has no problem with it. It's just someone loves it more than than she does.

Looking at who controls which element, one would suppose that Rei, with her control of fire would absolutely hate the cold. This couldn't be further from the truth. Rei loved the cold. Cold meant winter, and the serene quiet and beauty that came with it. It also made meditating in front of the fire much more comfortable.
Usagi loved the snow. She loved making snow angels and starting snowball fights with all her friends. Making forts in the snow was alwas fun as well. The only problem with the snow was that it was so COLD and Usagi hated the cold. Now if she coud have the snow and not be cold....

The winter months brought a variety of winter sports. There was one in particular that had always caught her attention; figure skating. Unlike her friends, Makoto was supremely graceful on the ice. She loved how figure skating made her feel. With her height and strength, she was always feeling out of place, but when she put on a pair of skates, she felt so dainty and delicate, she felt feminine, which was such a rare feeling in her life and she relished the feeling.

Minako loved the snow! Snow meant cute sweaters, hot chocolate and an excuse to cuddle up to that special someone. What was not to love? There were so many more fun winter activities to do and a few awesome holidays to boot. Who doesn't like boys and hot chocolate, esecially cute boys and hot chocolate?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime2nd February 2015, 10:22 pm

This was cute, Addy! Thank you for submitting and grab a bumper! Smile

This challenge is over and I'll put up February's shortly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons   [Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Sanctioned][Challenge] January ~ Holiday/Winter Headcanons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top