The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Advanced] Moon River

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

[Advanced] Moon River Empty
PostSubject: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 10:34 pm

Moon River

Creators: Sailor Pluto and Sailor Mercury

Eons ago, at the beginning of time, Queen Serenity tasked young Sailor Pluto with the duty of guarding the Gate of Time, explaining the three taboos she mustn't break and setting her up for a life of loneliness. Their relationship started of as very professional, but as time moved on and Pluto grew more accustomed to her life and the way she would be living for eternity, she became desperate for at least one person she could hold on to, one person she could love and depend on. She needed someone who would never leave her, and that person was the queen, the only person who even knew of her existence. 

Queen Serenity, feeling sympathetic and understanding Pluto's loneliness, would be that warm embrace, that support system. Soon they gained a very close, mother-daughter relationship. One where Pluto felt comfortable going to Serenity for that feeling of love that she never really got anywhere else. Serenity, in turn, would find herself enjoying Pluto's daughter-like company, and sometimes even making excuses for her to leave the gates. And knowing that Pluto holds the knowledge of all time, she also values the senshi as her most trusted advisor. 

This love between them would only grow, and knowing that they were both supposed to live forever, Pluto found herself longing to be with the queen. But will it ever work? Or is it doomed from the start, especially when the queen's daughter arrives, and she becomes the center of her universe?

Extra Information:

Characters:
Queen Serenity ~ Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto ~ Sailor Mercury

Last edited by Sailor Pluto on 22nd July 2015, 10:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 3:14 am

[Advanced] Moon River CFzPubc

Pluto did not know what it felt like to be hungry, or thirsty, or tired. That was one perk of her job, she supposed. After all, it wasn’t as if she could take lunch breaks, or go to the bathroom, or sleep. She had observed humans doing all these things for eternity—or what felt close to it—and could only imagine what that felt like. Was it better not to feel them? Or did it make her any less… alive?

She was as unchanging as the gates she was guarding, and the stillness of time around it. She was unaffected by its movements out there, caught in a perpetual state of unmoving immortality. Of course, when Queen Serenity first tasked her with this job, she had been small. The Time Key felt huge and heavy then, a burden that she was not prepared to bear. It dwarfed her, made her wonder if she was strong enough to wield it and all the power that existed within.

She had grown, briefly, but then she had stopped. And ever since then… nothing. Just a whole lot of nothing. It was nice to be able to watch all the goings on out in the world, at least, knowing that everything moved on as it should. Sometimes she needed desperately to take a peek just to make sure the world was still spinning, that she hadn’t succumbed to insanity, floating here in the nothingness where nothing ever moved.

Pluto knew that her job would be lonely, but she never realized how much until eternity passed.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 3:11 am

[Advanced] Moon River PewsQST

Who would have thought being the queen of the Solar System would be such a solitary occupation?

Queen Serenity never would have guessed.

When she claimed her rightful place on the throne, she felt like she was going to make others happy. She could see a future full of love and affection from the people she cared about so dearly. But where was that now? Where was the love, where was the adoration? The young queen sat in her throne, gazing across the room at the grand doors on the other side. There were no sounds - just the empty feeling of loneliness.

This was one of those days where Serenity felt truly alone. There were times when she was swarmed by servants, all asking her for direction and waiting for her royal commands. There were days were citizens of kingdoms all throughout the galaxy were lined up from the throne room to the front gates of the palace, all waiting for advisory from the silver-haired queen. After surviving through the chaos of those days, Serenity would feel like she was actually useful for something. She liked being the order among the chaos. 

She didn't like being in an empty room.

With a sigh, the queen allowed herself to briefly lose her regal composure. Her back slumped, and her elbow was leaning against the arm of her throne. Was she destined to live like this for all eternity? Was there no one she could always go to for constant company and guidance?

Well, there was one person.

Serenity shook her head. No, she couldn't. She had put her there to live alone and guard the gates - not so she would receive visitors. But the poor dear was probably so lonely there at the Gates...

Just one short visit wouldn't hurt, right? Besides, Queen Serenity had been feeling so guilty for placing the princess of Pluto in the empty land. It was a fate that was already predestined, one that neither the queen or the princess had control of. And yet, Serenity still felt like she had ruined the child's life.

Her decision had been made. Queen Serenity stood, checking the room and making sure not a single servant was in sight. After smoothing out the creases that had been made in her pure white gown, the queen looked towards the ceiling and closed her eyes. In the blink of an eye, she was gone.

The Gates of Time terrified the queen. They were simply two doors positioned in a vast land of fog and empty space. The place was a realm of its own, one that made Queen Serenity's skin feel cold. How the Guardian could withstand such a place was beyond her knowledge. But, then again, the Guardian was destined for this.

Not far off, Queen Serenity spotted the grown-up Guardian of Time. A small, weak smile formed on her lips, showing the most cheerful greeting she could muster in such an environment. Taking a few steps forward, the queen revealed herself.

"Sailor Pluto," she said, her voice echoing throughout the emptiness. Her eyes met those of the Guardian, and instantly the queen stopped walking. Those eyes...what was beneath their hard, guarded exterior? Was there pain? Hatred? Loneliness? What thoughts had run through this innocent woman's head as she stood here in solitude?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime12th January 2015, 6:56 am

Pluto sensed the presence of someone in her domain. She was immediately on her guard, gripping her staff tightly. It was odd; her job was to make sure no one came here, to essentially ensure her eternal loneliness, but sometimes when someone came along, she almost felt hopeful. Even if it was an intruder or an enemy—a threat—at least then she would have something to do. At least she could be useful. It was hard to feel like she was doing something when all she did for all time was stand there and do nothing. She knew someone needed to be there, needed to keep watch of the gate, and it was because she was there that no one dared to misuse them, but it still felt nice to have that idea reinforced once in a while.

But when the figure emerged from the fog, Pluto froze. Surely she wasn’t seeing clearly. Could her eyesight have gotten bad with age after all? Was she seeing an illusion?

The woman’s clear voice rang out in the empty space, and Pluto felt that deep need to listen to every word and do just as she said, the same feeling that she’d gotten the last time she’d heard it. There was no mistaking who it was. Only one person could command such respect and admiration, and it was the queen of the Silver Millennium herself.

“Queen Serenity,” she said breathlessly, quickly bowing in respect. Trepidation filled her; if the queen herself had taken the time to come here, something must be really wrong.

“What has happened, Your Majesty?” she asked, searching through all the knowledge she had. But she found nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary. No great calamity had happened, nor would one happen in a long time. Neither the past nor the future was threatened in any way.

So what was Queen Serenity doing here, in the land where no one but Pluto was supposed to dwell?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 3:39 pm

Queen Serenity's eyes softened, seeing the Guardian of Time so tense and full of worry. "Rise, dear," the queen said, moving forward so that she was directly in front of the taller woman. "There is no need to worry. I am just here on casual occasions."

Gently, Queen Serenity placed a finger beneath Pluto's chin and lifted her head slightly. "You have grown into a beautiful young woman, I see. It is clear the rivers of time do not touch you," she said, a joking tone in her voice. She was trying to best to calm her fear of the empty realm she stood in, not moving her eyes from those of Sailor Pluto's. It was strange how much comfort those garnet-colored eyes could bring. 

Comfort and pain, to be exact. Every time the queen thought of Sailor Pluto, or looked at her, she felt that same dreadful pang of guilt. What cruel kind of queen would trap in innocent girl in a place where she would be for eternity? Someone had to watch the Gates, of course, but that didn't change the fact that it was an awful way to live. This place was quiet. There were no sounds, no smiles, no laughter, no sunshine. All that existed was the Gate and the endless expansion of Time. How did that serve as a rightful companion? 

"Tell me, princess, how are you faring?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime15th January 2015, 4:40 am

Pluto straightened, though she was confused. Casual? Wasn’t the queen busy with a lot of important matters? Not to mention, receiving social calls wasn’t exactly part of Pluto’s job description. Still, thinking about it, she couldn’t help the pang of hope in her heart at the thought; could this be a regular occurrence? It would be nice if she could get a visitor every once in a while, just to keep her company. After all, people were social beings, right? Surely she needed at least a little bit of conversation that wasn’t in her own head every 100 years or so.

Looking into Queen Serenity’s eyes made her chest constrict. It was a little like looking into the moon itself—not the distant one in the sky, but the brilliant one up close. She was so beautiful, so regal, so… full of power. Pluto almost felt as if she ought to look away, that she’d get burnt if she stared at her too long. Like trying to look at a goddess’ true form would incinerate you.

Pluto smiled uncertainly at her words. “I’m pretty sure that’s one perk of being the guardian of time itself, Your Majesty,” she said.

The queen’s question made her pause, and she wondered what she should say—the barely contained waterfall of words that threatened to pour out of her, all of it to do with her endless loneliness and despair, or what the queen really ought to hear, and that was that everything was perfect and under control. Surely what she must say was the latter. After all, she had to be professional and capable. She had been given one of the most important tasks in the universe, and all she needed to do was to perform it admirably. Prove to her queen that she had made the right decision and that Pluto was worthy of this position.

“Everything is well, my queen,” she said somberly, swallowing all the words she chose not to say. “I have not had any disturbance in the time stream since you put me here, and the past, the present, and the future are safe.”

She was aware that Queen Serenity asked about her well-being, but Pluto was sure what she really meant was the job.

After all, why would the queen of the universe want to know how she was doing?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 5:20 pm

The Guardian of Time obviously felt uncomfortable, Queen Serenity thought. Did she blame her? Of course not - the queen would have felt the same way had she been in Pluto's position. At the same time, though, Serenity felt slightly uncomfortable herself. She was an intruder in a realm that was Pluto's and Pluto's alone. This was a place of solitude in which the queen did not belong. Why was she here? What could have possibly driven her to come here, of all places?

Her own solitude - that's what. 

She was lonely, of course not as lonely as Pluto, but lonely all the same. The queen was desperate for someone who knew what loneliness felt like, someone who could relate. That was why she was here. For the first time in her life, Queen Serenity needed another person.

That revelation hit the white-haired woman like a brick wall, almost taking her breath away. She was weak, coming here just for company. Not to mention rude, for coming her unannounced. What was wrong with her? 

Taking a deep breath, the queen nodded, her eyes closing briefly. "Good, I am glad there are no threats to our peace," she said softly, opening her eyes and gazing up at the taller woman again. She could feel her next sentence threatening to escape her lips, even thought Serenity knew it would be absurd to speak it aloud and even dare to make such an offer. But she did it anyway, despite her mind screaming at her not to. 

Her heart was dictating her actions now.

"Pluto, would you care to join me for tea in my palace? Perhaps then you can tell me how you are doing," Serenity said. "Not to worry about the Gates, they will be content for a short while, and you will know if there is an intruder."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 6:39 am

Once again, Pluto blinked in a mix of confusion and surprise. Tea at the palace? The idea was so absurd that she nearly burst out laughing, if only in desperation. It was so… nice to think about, so tempting, that it made her yearn for it even when she already knew she was not supposed to. Her job did not include tea parties, and certainly it did not involve leaving this gate, ever.

She should’ve known Serenity wasn’t joking. The queen did not joke, after all, at least not for as long as Pluto had known her. Indeed, she seemed entirely serious with her suggestion, and if she had the authority to put Pluto here, did she also not have the authority to take her away?

Pluto’s mind was torn between wanting to desperately say yes and clinging to what she knew was her duty. The dissonance was so great it almost incapacitated her. It was true that Pluto would always be tied to the gate from the moment she was put in charge of it, and even if she did leave it, she would know if there was a disturbance. But the point was to not let any disturbance happen in the first place by guarding it constantly.

This made no sense. Queen Serenity, wanting to know about her personal well-being, inviting her for tea, and asking her to leave the gate. She once again tried to figure out if the woman in front of her was just an illusion or a mask, a clever trick used by the enemy in order to lure her away from the gates by offering her the one thing she desired most.

The queen remained true and very much real, and finally, Pluto swallowed hard.

“Forgive me, my queen, but I have to ask.” Her grip around her staff hardened. “It is not that I do not appreciate your invitation, because there is nothing more I would love in the world than to spend time with you, but…” She bit her lip, wondering if she would get in trouble either way, whatever she did.

“Is this… some kind of test?”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 6:22 pm

The moon queen tilted her head slightly as Pluto spoke again, the uncertainty in the taller woman's eyes revealing what she was thinking. Of course she would be confused - Serenity was acting completely out-of-character. Never before had she requested the company of another. To the queen, being alone was the best way to ensure everlasting inner peace. It took years and years for her to discover that being alone was what hurt her the most, and by the time she did realize it, she was craving company so badly that she would do absolutely anything.

She went into this without thinking. How much more out-of-character could she behave?

Pluto's eventual question brought amusement onto the face of the queen. She even surprised herself by releasing a singular carefree laugh, one that sounded foreign to herself. With a small shake of her head, Serenity said, "My dear, if I wanted to test you, I would have used my position as queen to order you to accompany me. This is simply a request on behalf of both my loneliness and yours. You have already taken your singular test, and it pleases me to say that you passed. By accepting and maintaining your position here, you have proved to me that you are more than capable of guarding the Timeline. Your bond with these Gates is as tight as the bond between your body and your soul, and I know that you will feel a disturbance if there ever is one. I am now offering you the chance to...escape, perhaps that is the word, for just a short while. You do not have to come, of course, but it would be an honor to have you as my guest."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 5:09 am

Pluto didn’t think she’d ever heard Queen Serenity laugh before. It was such a beautiful sound; musical, tinkling softly like wind chimes in a breeze. The queen assured her that this was, in fact, not a test, though Pluto couldn’t imagine why she would feel lonely. Certainly not as lonely as Pluto was. Wasn’t the queen surrounded by people who loved and admired her? Surely she could never want for anything, and certainly not friends.

Despite her inability to understand, Pluto knew that if the invitation was sincere, she could never reject it. Not only out of respect for the queen, but also because, like she had admitted herself, she yearned to talk to another person. And for that person to be Queen Serenity herself, well… it was a chance of a lifetime. The word sounded so beautiful on Pluto’s ears—escape. The one thing she could never do. Yet now the chance was presented in front of her.

She managed a small, genuine smile and bowed her head. “Of course, I would be happy to, my queen. If that is your wish. Thank you for offering me the chance of a small respite.”

For the first time in decades, centuries, millennia… Pluto took her first step away from the gate. It felt wrong, it felt like she was breaking one of the taboos, but the queen herself had given her permission, so it must be okay, right?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 7:39 pm

Queen Serenity had to resist every urge to smile wider. She was glad Pluto would be accompanying her to the palace for a short while - the chance to talk to someone who understood would be refreshing and...comforting. The thought of sharing an afternoon with the Guardian of Time was still odd to think about, but nice at the same time. They were such opposites - Pluto was the one who dwelled in darkness, had darker skin, darker hair, eyes and clothing. Serenity reminisced in a palace of light, her entire state of being filled with the moon's beams. They were so different on the outside, but within? Serenity felt that they were exactly the same.

Queen Serenity felt guilty for not taking Pluto out of this place sooner. But the queen was stubborn, and would never admit her loneliness to anyone until this point. Even now, after Pluto had accepted her invitation, the queen was slightly ashamed for admitting her weakness. She was not supposed to be an open book. But then again, perhaps that was why she had chosen Pluto to be her guest. She knew there was no one Pluto could tell, and that Pluto wouldn't tell even if she could. It was strange how she could feel that invisible bond between them, despite them not really knowing each other on a friendly basis.

But maybe soon, that would change. The thought of having a friend made Serenity feel much more upbeat and optimistic.

"Let us go, then," the queen said, a lighter tone to her voice. She felt happier, excited, even. Her pale hand extended, waiting for Pluto to grasp it, and once she did so Queen Serenity took them back to her empty throne room.

Only now, it didn't feel so empty.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime11th February 2015, 12:50 am

Pluto did not expect the offered hand. She looked down at it, feeling each time as if she could not be more surprised, yet the shocks just kept coming. What was going through Queen Serenity’s mind today? She was behaving most… unusual. Again, a part of her wanted to embrace it, yearned so badly to feel someone’s warmth and care, and the other was terrified that she’d be disappointed for daring to hope. With all the knowledge she possessed, could she spare herself the heartbreak when this inevitably ended badly? The only thing she knew for sure that would forever be unchanged was that her destiny was to be at the Gate forever. Alone. Even if she could have some companion, surely she would lose it again.

And yet, there was no harm in indulging herself for a little while, was there?

Hesitantly, she took the queen’s hand, feeling the touch of her flesh light as… well, light itself. The pale skin so smooth like satin, and she immediately felt as if she wasn’t worthy of touching it. The contrast of the dark and light color when their hands were joined as one was strange, yet comforting at the same time.

They walked into the throne room of the Moon Palace, where Pluto discovered no one else was around. “Would you care sharing what’s in your mind, my queen?” she asked finally, her curiosity too much to contain. “Did you need my advice about something, or…? I only wish to understand why you seemed so… lonely.”

If she had to go and look for Pluto, the most unlikely companion, surely something was weighing Serenity’s mind. And though she hadn’t realized it until she said it, Pluto knew that it was loneliness she saw on the queen’s face. For it was the emotion she was most well-versed in.

But why would the queen of the universe ever feel lonely?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 7:49 am

When they arrived at the throne room, Queen Serenity let go of Pluto's hand and instantly regretted it. For someone who spent her entire life in a realm that was cold and dark, Pluto's touch was warm and comforting. It gave the queen a certain feeling that she had never truly experienced before, and strangey enough, she liked it.

The room was quiet; Pluto's voice bounced off of the walls and echoed throughout the room. Her deep, smooth voice was both intimidating and filled with wisdom. Queen Serenity knew it was only a matter of time until the guardian of time would inquire about her queen's behavior. Serenity would have done the same thing if she were in Pluto's position.

Clearing her throat, the queen motioned for Pluto to follow her out of the throne room and to the sitting room. As they walked, Serenity began to explain:

"Tell me, Pluto - is living for an eternity a fate you would have chosen for yourself? I am comfortable in telling you that it is not a fate I desire, for when you live forever you must watch those you love leave you. Of course, they are reincarnated as time passes, but again those like you and I must say goodbye to those we hold dear. I have learned that it is best not to love another, or even share a friendship with another mortal. The pain of seeing someone you cherish leave you time and time again will inevitably change one's heart to something dark and filled with chaos. This is the reason you are destined to live alone at the Gates, and it is the reason I have chosen to remain alone and without a family."

Serenity paused, stopping to open the door to the sitting room. "Immortals were not created to befriend mortals," she said quietly, looking down at her pale hand upon the door handle. Quickly, she replaced her somber expression with her familiar, warm smile. The queen opened the door to the sitting room and walked inside, heading to her large, cushioned silver chair. "Please, sit," she told Pluto, motioning to the chair across from the silver coffee table. She was stalling, of course. Of course Pluto could see that - but the moon monarch continued to hold back on the main point of her speech.

A maid rushed in carrying a silver tray. As she set it down on the coffee table, the queen thanked her and dismissed her. "Tea?" Serenity asked Pluto, pouring them both a cup. She knew it was not necessary for Pluto to eat or drink, but that did not mean she couldn't enjoy the sensations.

After taking a sip of her tea, the queen cleared her throat and folded her hands in her lap. "I have brought you here because, like myself, you are immortal. You cannot die, and so I may never lose you to Death's cold hands. You are the only one who knows the pain of being alone, and you are the only one who will never leave me. And so, I have a request..."

Serenity paused, taking a deep breath.

"Your eternal friendship."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 11:37 pm

“I’m afraid I do not have the luxury of that choice, my queen, but if I did…” she paused, considering. It depended on what each choice entailed, didn’t it? If she could be immortal along with everyone she loved, that would be nice, surely. But to be immortal alone? Or worse, watching everyone you care about die before you, over and over again? She suddenly realized there was a fate worse than hers. After all, at least she had her immortality in solitude. She could never feel the pain of losing anyone because she never had anyone to begin with.

“I probably would go with a short life that is filled by a lot of love,” she admitted at last. She didn’t know if it was wrong of her to say so, to admit that her destiny wasn’t something she would choose willingly, but it was the truth and she could not bring herself to lie to Queen Serenity.

She followed Serenity to the other room, and sat down awkwardly on the chair across from her. This felt odd; she was really not used to being surrounded by real things other than the mists of time and the Gates itself. To suddenly find themselves among furniture… silly as it might sound, she just felt out of place, or too big for the place to contain somehow. Her presence used to be everywhere all at once, in all the different threads of time. Focusing on just this present took a bit of effort.

She was taken aback when the queen offered her tea, but nodded. “Yes, thank you.” How long had it been since she’d tasted anything? This must be an interesting experience. Something she found herself quite looking forward to. Suddenly she began to wonder how everything else tasted; all those wonderful food she’d seen in various parts of the universe from afar. For as long as Pluto had lived—and would continue to live—she felt that deep down, perhaps she was truly a child when it came to human experience.

She took the cup carefully, holding it in both hands, marveling at its warmth. Another new sensation. There was no cold or warm in the Gates of Time. There was only… nothingness.

The queen’s words brought her attention back to her, and she became more and more curious about where she was going with this. As she finally stated that she had a request, Pluto held her breath.

And then the words. The three impossible words that, for all her wisdom, she could not have ever foreseen in her entire life. Friendship? Not just that, but… an eternal one?

She would have a friend in the queen… forever?

Pluto did not know that she could cry, but at that moment her eyes became wet, and she wondered what had happened. She could not see so clearly anymore, and blinked them away only to find, when the world once again came into focus, her queen’s lovely and kind face.

This ruler of the universe, offering her not only her greatest wish, but also one that would be everlasting.

“I…” she found it hard to speak, and her hands trembled slightly. The teacup she held rattled. “You would really…? You want to become my friend?” You, the queen of the world, the most powerful being I know?

“You would allow me to no longer live in eternal solitude?”

The question was one that she immediately felt she shouldn’t have dared to even ask. And yet, there it was.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime20th February 2015, 7:28 pm

Queen Serenity's eyes softened, seeing how surprised Pluto was. Of course this would serve as a shock - especially after so many years of solitude. Making a bold move, the queen leaned forward and took Pluto's hands in hers. "It would be an honor to call you my friend," she said softly, her smile pure and genuine. She had waited so long for someone to talk to, to keep her company and promise never to leave. Pluto was the only other immortal Serenity knew who would never betray her, or hurt her, or leave her. It warmed her heart to feel that small glimmer of hope that Pluto would accept her offer.

Just the mere thought of having someone to believe in and trust was enough to keep Queen Serenity smiling for all eternity.  

At the same time, she felt crushed inside. The look of disbelief on Pluto's face was like a slap in the face. Serenity had put her there - she had bestowed Pluto with the destiny that reduced her to the lonely, friendless immortal she was today. It was her fault Pluto had gone for so long without a friend, a family, a mother. 

Queen Serenity needed to make up for that.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 12:06 pm

Pluto could hardly contain her feelings. She was touched as it was that the queen seemed to understand her loneliness on a deep level and wanted to offer comfort—even if it was a mutually beneficial relationship as apparently she, too, needed it—but most importantly, that Queen Serenity had chosen her of all people to be her friend. True, Pluto was the only other immortal being around, but everyone in the Silver Millennium had long-lasting lives.

“The honor would utterly be mine,” she said sincerely, blinking away the tears and looking down on their joined hands. She felt bold enough to squeeze back that warm hand—and oh, how magnificent it was to feel human contact, skin against skin that was so full of warmth and life.

“I give you my vow that for as long as I live, and that means eternally, you will have my loyalty and love, Queen Serenity.”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime2nd March 2015, 2:32 pm

A month had passed since the day Queen Serenity earned her first and last eternal friend. Since that day, the two immortals had paid frequent visits to each other, opening up more and more with each time they met. Queen Serenity was enjoying Pluto's frequent company, and as far as she was concerned, Pluto had enjoyed it too.

It was such a drastic change. After dwelling for years and years without a single true friend to talk to and confide in, having one all of a sudden was a little foreign to the queen. Foreign, but enjoyable all the same.

On one particular afternoon, the queen and Sailor Pluto were walking together through the palace gardens. On the Moon, there were not any green plants, but instead remarkable silver ones. The leaves and vines were all of the most remarkable of silver shades, and flowers of all kinds of colors sprouted from them. It was beautiful in its own unique, lunar way.

The quiet of their walk was only disturbed by the sound of a nearby fountain and the heels of both ladies' shoes. Queen Serenity walked with her hands folded in front of her, gazing up at the blue skies. She suddenly felt compelled to ask a question that had been on her mind for quite some time, but she had never felt comfortable enough to ask. 

"Pluto, what do you see when you stand at the Gates?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime18th March 2015, 12:52 am

Pluto was not so lonely anymore.

What a strange concept. Loneliness had been such an ingrained part of her, that it seemed odd to think about its absence. But Queen Serenity’s graciousness had allowed her to have a friend—and not just any friend—and even left the gates of time on occasion. She still felt wary about doing that, and yet with every trip they took away from there, the more assured she became that everything was going to be alright.

Perhaps she didn’t have to be doomed as the lone guard at the gates forever after all. Perhaps there was a way to have it all; duty and happiness.

A dangerous thought, for sure.

But it was difficult to think about devastating consequences when she was walking through the palace’s beautiful gardens, their silver lights more vivid than any her all-encompassing visions could ever give her. The novelty of being out in the world never quite wore off.

She was pulled from her attempt at drinking in every single detail around her by Queen Serenity’s question.

It surprised her; that the queen did not know everything after all, even with her immense power. Just like her loneliness had surprised Pluto.

“I see…” she paused, thinking of the proper way of explaining it. “…in a way, everything. The past, the present, the future. What has happened and what will come to be. But it’s not so complete. I am not omniscient. Because there are so many different threads, so many different paths and possible futures. Every choice someone makes alters them. They just keep changing and shifting until an action is taken to cement one path.”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime26th March 2015, 12:14 pm

The queen listened carefully to Pluto's explanation, trying to imagine seeing the things she spoke of. But just trying to do so was...impossible. How could one possibly stand there, watching helplessly as lives are lived, lost, and created? Serenity couldn't imagine trying to process and monitor everything that happened. Organizing all of it and trying to make sure everything was going as it should would be...agonizing.

"Is there one certain path pre-destined for us? It must be frustrating for you to simply look at the right and wrong paths, and see someone choosing the wrong one. I admire your strength, Pluto. I wish I were capable of such tolerance. But being queen is a painstaking job in its own right. There are some very...very needy individuals in this kingdom." Queen Serenity rolled her eyes, reflecting on the angry king of Mars's demands for more funding for his army. Honestly, the man was ridiculous. His army was already the largest in the solar system - why was there constantly a need for more?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime19th April 2015, 11:15 pm

“Yes and no. Certain things cannot be avoided, but then some others can be easily altered by choosing different things. And I don’t believe there is just one path for every person, nor is there a right or wrong one. As I said, the future is constantly in flux. Perhaps one path is better than another, but in the end, it all comes down to the individual’s choice. Destiny can only affect so much. After all, if everything is pre-destined, what is the point of living and having choices at all?”

Pluto had never had to explain this to anyone, and sometimes it still felt complicated to her. The world was a vast place, and with such powerful beings like Queen Serenity especially, some people could certainly alter entire courses of history with one simple mistake. “It can be difficult… the burden of watching and knowing and not being able to do anything about it. But equally great is the burden of making those choices yourself. Your life, your responsibilities… it requires just as much strength and wisdom, my queen.”

There was a lot riding on her shoulders, after all. Being in charge of the entire solar system… and she had to do it alone. Pluto was curious why she chose to do so when she had other options. She was not confined to a life of loneliness, and when even one who was could find a friend, why should the queen of the universe not be able to?

“Queen Serenity… may I ask you a rather personal question?”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime23rd April 2015, 3:50 pm

Queen Serenity listened quietly as Pluto spoke, remembering the extensive debate between two of Mercury's most intelligent scholars about the difference between fate and free will. It was quite a disturbing topic - one that Serenity had still wondered about to this day. With things such as a timeline, was it really possible for there to be multiple timelines for each decision made? Or is there really just one timeline overall, and no matter what we do, we end up at the same outcome? 

Was it possible to have a fate pre-destined, when you have free will? Is it possible to change your fate? Was free will truly that powerful?

If it was, Serenity would love to see the day.

Turning her head to meet Pluto's eyes, Serenity smiled. "Of course you may."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime24th April 2015, 12:25 pm

“You do not have to be alone, do you, my queen?” Pluto finally found the courage to ask, pausing from her walk. “I mean, your loneliness is certainly self-imposed. If you would like to… find a consort, surely there would be a lot of people who would vie for you. So why, I wonder, do you choose to bear this burden alone?”

Perhaps it was because she had grown to see her solitude as a burden and a sacrifice, but Pluto couldn’t imagine having another option and choosing to remain on your own. Sure, the queen had sought her as a friend now, and Pluto would do as she promised and stayed loyal to the queen til the end. But outside of herself, who else did Queen Serenity have? It seemed there was no one if she had to seek out the solitary guardian at the edge of the universe, one forgotten or unknown by any other soul.

“Do you not… seek love?” she added in a whisper, recognizing it as her own one true wish.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime24th April 2015, 7:38 pm

The queen raised her eyebrows at Pluto's question, half-expecting it and half-surprised that Pluto actually asked. It was a question  that Serenity asked herself constantly. It wouldn't be hard for her to go out and find someone who she could love and who would love her in return. But...it was a lot easier said than done. 

"I started off seeking love. I welcomed friendships with open arms. But it did not take me long to realize that I was always going to end up alone, no matter how many friends I made. And...any friendships I did have were...ruined by my position. If you were a civilian and the queen approached you, would you turn her away? Of course not. I could feel that the relationships I had built with others were not true, and they were simply out of polite friendliness. Perhaps I am not personable enough, or it could be because I was not created to have connections with others. But there has always been a feeling inside me that tells me I do not belong in relationships, whether it be a mere friendship or something more."

Taking a deep breath, the Queen continued, "No, I do not seek love. I was not placed in this kingdom to seek love. I was placed here as a guardian and as a ruler. But I was created with emotions, with feelings and with thoughts. It is only natural for me to feel...alone. I am still not sure what my true purpose is here, but I know that I will always be this way until I discover that purpose. I apologize, this all must be confusing you. It is hard to find words to describe how I feel."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 12:44 am

Pluto listened to Serenity curiously, eager to understand her explanation. What she said made sense, but a part of it also… stung a little bit. Could the queen sense that their friendship was real? That Pluto didn’t simply accept her offer because she was the queen of the universe? True, that part brought her the feeling of great honor, but it wasn’t as if she could brag about it to anyone or use it to her advantage.

Or could she?

The queen had given her permission to leave the gate more and more often in order to accompany her. This was definitely a perk that Pluto greatly appreciated, but did that mean she was using her? Had she wanted to be Serenity’s friend simply because of these kind gestures?

No, of course not. Pluto would appreciate any friend, no matter who they were. A person with her destiny could not even think about what a relationship could offer to her, other than hoping a relationship could exist, period.

“My queen, I do hope you know that your position had nothing to do with why I accepted your friendship,” she said, feeling it needed to be said anyway. Even though people probably said that all the time. But she had a feeling Serenity could tell when someone was telling a lie.

“But is that why you chose to seek my friendship? Because you know that I am the one person in this universe who would already be grateful to have any companion, and thus couldn’t possibly have any ulterior motives? I have to admit, our time away from the Gates is pleasant, and I fear in a way I too am taking advantage of you.”

She was beginning to see that the queen’s self-imposed loneliness and her destiny-bound one was not so different after all. If neither of them could find love despite them longing for it…

Then… perhaps… could they find it in each other?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 10:07 am

Serenity smiled at her friend, glad that her deepest fears had been resolved. All this time, Serenity had felt like Pluto truly was someone who would be her friend for reasons beyond her position. She had faith and trust in the friendship they were slowly building. At the same time, there was a deep, dark fear that Pluto was only befriending her because she had asked.

But now she knew that was not the case.

"I chose you because I felt a connection with you long ago, when I first appointed you as a guardian. Call it what you will, but individuals with connections such as the ones we share should not be kept apart. You understand me, I understand you, and we balance each other out. It's beautiful, when you think about it."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime27th April 2015, 12:18 am

The queen felt a connection with her? It was certainly an interesting revelation to Pluto. For most people, she was the forgotten one, the one who was treated as ‘out of sight, out of mind’. And being out of everyone’s sight pretty much all of the time…

It felt strange to be viewed as important by someone, especially by a person who was incredibly important herself.

Still, the queen was free to live her life in a way that Pluto wasn’t. And Pluto wanted to see her happy more than anything. She liked to believe her company was enough, because for her, Serenity’s company was more than enough, but that was only she already got more than she deserved. But imagining Queen Serenity living for millennia alone at the moon, watching over everyone with no one to love her, somehow made her heart ache.

“My queen, I know that you do not have traditional parents or family, which is perhaps why the notion has never occurred to you, but while a consort might have ulterior motives, certainly family would not. Especially not if you’re the one who raised them.” She smiled, the beginning of an idea forming in her thoughts. “Are you familiar with the Galaxy Cauldron, Queen Serenity?”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime27th April 2015, 10:55 am

The queen blinked, staring at Pluto with large, suddenly curious eyes. No longer did she have the wise, calm demeanor that she always carried. The thought of having a family had always been appealing to the queen, but she knew that finding a husband and having children would only cause her pain. They would die, and she would be alone. Wasn't that how immortality worked? Eternal life, for the price of eternal loneliness?

But the Galaxy Cauldron? The queen had only heard few things about such a thing - only that it was extremely powerful and was responsible for the creation of all star seeds. Other than that, Queen Serenity had no idea exactly what its capabilities were. 

"Well...yes, I have. But I am afraid I do not know much about it. Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime28th April 2015, 2:41 am

“The Galaxy Cauldron is the birthplace of all life. If, say… you wish to have a child but would rather not conceive them the conventional way, there have been some rare cases where the guardian there, Guardian Cosmos, will grant your wish. I just thought… if you desired a daughter or a son to continue your line or simply to make your days brighter, it is the right place to go.”

She didn’t know why, but something told her it was important to impart this knowledge to the queen. She could feel it—the threads of fate guiding her, assuring her that this was supposed to happen. Perhaps something good could come from it. Perhaps… if the queen really did not wish to take a consort, the two of them could even raise the child together. Pluto knew she was daring to hope beyond her wildest dreams, but the thought of an innocent, happy child in both of their lives warmed her heart.

“Even an immortal will need to rest someday,” she added, the feeling of yet another premonition nagging at her. “It is best that you ensure that your kingdom has an heir.”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime28th April 2015, 8:29 am

Queen Serenity didn't know what to say. The thought of having her own child, one that she could raise and love and care for, was beyond what she dreamed could ever be possible. Why wasn't she made aware of this Cauldron sooner? Was she not supposed to know about it? No, if that were the case, Pluto would not have told her. This was Fate, for sure, but was Serenity meant to go to the Galaxy Cauldron? Or was this a test of her feelings?

Shaking the thought, the queen smiled at her friend. "That is an interesting possibility, but..." she paused, trying to formulate the words in her mind, "I quite like where I am now. It would be selfish of me to ask for more, would it not?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime11th May 2015, 6:15 pm

“I don’t think it would be selfish, Your Majesty,” Pluto answered honestly. “I don’t think it’s selfish to want love.”

She was speaking from the heart, and probably about herself as much as the queen. She knew that love wasn’t part of her destiny—any kind of love. She was not meant to have a family or a friend or a lover. But was it selfish to wish for more? Even when you already had the entire world under your rule?

No, she didn’t think it was ever selfish to wish to love and be loved.

“It’s difficult for people like us to imagine it, isn’t it? We were never raised in a traditional family, bound forever by our duty that lasts a lifetime. And with immortality in the mix…” She never realized just how alike they were. And suddenly it became more important for her to make Serenity understand the chance she was given. “My queen, as your friend and as someone who’s already spending eternity alone, I am telling you, it is never selfish to wish for companionship. No one should choose to be alone.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Moon River   [Advanced] Moon River I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Moon River

View previous topic View next topic Back to top