The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Anyone like south park?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Anyone like south park? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 1:39 pm

Aside from me? I'm watching a marathon now and I forgot just how much I love this show. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 1:46 pm

I love it! I'm not up to date on the current season (cause I don't get Comedy Central) but that show isknew of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 2:16 pm

Any favorite eps? I really enjoyed the one with manbearpig. That's just one of the many that I can recall at the moment.
Back to top Go down
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 2:52 pm

I haven't watched it in a while but it's amazing how the creators come up with new material and it isn't dull and boring. Have you played or seen gameplay of the Stick of Truth? I'm very tempted to get it once it's gone a little down in price.

I can't remember what my favorite episodes were, there's too many to pick from! I just remember Nostalgia Critic's top 11 favorite episodes and it was an interesting list.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 2:53 pm

I actually just bought the stick of truth today. It was on sale-$13 on steam. I've been looking forward to playing it awhile; I know there are fully animated clips and everything. This is gonna be so much fun.
Back to top Go down
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 3:08 pm

Awww man, everything's on sale when I'm broke! You have fun playing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 1:06 pm

Ok so this game is really good, but also really BAD. I mean, it's south park so what do you expect but it's so bad oh my god. I don't think this game is appropriate for discussion on this forum. XD 
All and all, the gameplay is fantastic and the battle system is well designed. If you like south park, you'll like it. If you don't like south park, you'll hate it.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime24th January 2015, 4:54 pm

I'm not into shows like South Park or Family Guy. Their brand of humor just isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime24th January 2015, 5:24 pm

Well family guy just went down the toilet, thats for sure. It's just become seth mcfarlin's dumping ground for his political views with all shock values that are nothing more then cringe worthy. The newest seasons are just absolute trash and are nothing like the earlier seasons that made the show popular in the first place. 
South park, on the other hand, handles topics in an obvious risque manner, but they always do something later in the episode to make up for it. When watching south park, there's always going to be a part of the episode that you won't like, ya know? But if they're handling a sensitive topic, there's always this moral they point out by the end of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 9:54 am

I'm a fan of South Park since the late 90s after I graduated high school, so I can stay up past 10pm on Wed. nights. NOT a family-friendly show, nor recommended for everyone. If you love political and social satire, fascinated with the paranormal or have a warped sense of humor, South Park is for you. Anyone like south park? 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 10:00 am

My favorite is probably make love not warcraft. Both my dad and my boyfriend played that game religiously at the time so I was very happy to see it made fun of.

(I know, I'm a terrible daughter and girlfriend)
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 3:55 pm

Haha, I love that Warcraft episode, too! I haven't been keeping up with the newer episodes of South Park, but it's a good show. Sometimes I find they go too far, and it makes me turned off for a while, but I always end up back. (The human centipede one just... no).
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Maritime
Lotus Crystal

Maritime

Lotus Crystal

Title : mar·i·time ˈmerəˌtīm/ (adjective) : connected with the sea

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 4:23 pm

LOVE South Park.

Also, completed Stick of Truth about a month after it came out. It really is a fantastic game. Gameplay looks just like an episode, it blew my mind. But yeah, it gets worse, so.... XD

One of my favorite episodes is the chibi Magic (chibi fighting + Magic the Gathering) because Hubby and I both play MtG. It was a hilarious episode.

As far as Family Guy, I loved it when it first came out, but I think Seth McFarlane doesn't want to do it anymore (and hasn't for a few seasons), so he's deliberately trying to offend every race, religion, and creed he can. He also killed off Brian, and I honestly think it's because he wants the show to stop so he can focus on something new.

But, then again, he's always been a bit of a jerk when it comes to people with differing views, so it could just him being the ultimate jerkwad.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 11:36 pm

Eric Cartman is the epitome of a right-wing bigot, not since Archie Bunker of the 1970s live action comedy All in the Family we had someone portrayed their prejudices strongly on TV. Cartman looks down on other people: Kyle for being Jewish and Kenny for being poor (he dies in every episode). He's known to have nightmares of hippies: "they're all around me and they smell bad".

And one segment I seen was Cartman in a dream surrounded by 1,000 Chinese drummers (that scene from the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing summer Olympics) and he awakes in fear crying, yells for his Mom about "the Chinese, they're a billion of them and they'll take over the world". You have to be this level of xenophobic for laughter or comical purposes.

On YT, Cartman sings "there are too many minorities...in my waterpark". Ah, memories of local theme parks in southern CA: in my state, minorities (esp. Hispanics) now outnumber non-Hispanic whites (actually the first time since statehood in 1850). Cartman looks forward to a future where whites are just another minority in America. Anyone like south park? 3884866259 "Mexicans and Asians, Black people...I think I seen a Native American...gross."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like south park?   Anyone like south park? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone like south park?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top