The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ginzuishou35
Star Seed

Star Seed

The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott Empty
PostSubject: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 10:42 am

I love being nostalgic with Sailormoon.  When I think back, one of the weirdest moments in history is the Sailormoon Poptart Procott.  I figured why not relive the magic and also help people at the same time.  I started this to relive the memories of the SOS page and to relive the fun times I had with the Sailormoon fandom of many years ago.

It's basically a food drive and to get the word of Sailormoon out there.

All you do is donate Poptarts (or whatever) to a local food bank on the specified day and attach a special label to them (provided on Procott's facebook page).

It lets people know that you are a crazed Sailormoon fan and it also helps out needy families at the same time.

FUN The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott Icon_wink
check out page here
https://www.facebook.com/poptart.procott
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 10:51 am

I've never heard of a poptart procott until now.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Ginzuishou35
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 11:18 am

Yes, I think it was originally held in 1996.  

Since Poptarts were advertised during the airing of Sailormoon, the people at the SOS page said we all needed to go and buy Poptarts on a specific day to show the sponsors that so many people are watching and help get more episodes on the air.

It was all a big mess and didn't help get any episodes on the air.  New episodes did air soon after anyway however, and the SOS said it was because of the Procott.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 11:37 am

I remember SOS. I was only a child though. I remember them being almost overly harsh with the removal of sailor moon; as far as depicting image of Hamtao stabbed with a knife on the front page of their website, since Hamtaro was the show that took Sailor Moon's timeslot on Toonami. Of course, that image alarmed me since I was around 8-10 at the time and enjoyed that cute hamster show. (That was around 99'-01'.) 

It was one of the first websites I ever disliked or found downright harsh. Then again, I don't think I was old enough or even had internet when the site seemed to do good. (I was four in '96.) By the time I discovered it, it was nothing more than an angry bunch of fans doing more harm then good, in such a way it almost scared a small child off the internet.
Back to top Go down
Ginzuishou35
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 12:45 pm

OMG, Hamtaro stabbed with a knife.  I think I vaguely remember that,,, not sure. Wink

Thankfully this isn't the SOS procott Smile
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 2:36 pm

I found the aforementioned article here, complete with dead Hamtaro at the end.  The whole thing seems rather conspiratorial and sensationalist.  Was there any logic in them demanding the CN to move Hamtaro to Kid's WB as opposed to just moving it to another time slot?  http://www.saveoursailors.org/cndrop.html
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 2:56 pm

HA! JUST AS I REMEMBER IT! (Though I coulda sworn there was a poorly done MS paint style knife in him. They might have changed it because of outlash. I donno. I was 8-10 when this was done; a kid doesn't think of following up on these sort of things, especially in the 90's-early-00's)
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 3:14 pm

Even without the knife, an art drawing on a Sailor Moon site of a dead hamster of a children's cartoon would be enough to traumatize any 8 year old and it makes them seem a bit crazed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 3:25 pm

It does. I actually read the most of it, considering the last time I was just too scared with the dead hamster to even bother. (Haha)

They really hurt the cause wow. Did you read the letter that they supposedly "sent" to CN? I could not stop laughing, I mean I love sailor moon as much as the next guy but there's no reason to go all psychotic over it.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime6th December 2014, 7:57 pm

I wonder if any fans actually took their suggestions and called up Cartoon Network and demand them to move Hamtaro to the Kid's Wb or if this is the point where the fandom realized the SOS jumped the shark from quircky but fun news site to scary conspiracy theory blog.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 11:19 am

I only knew it as a conspiracy theory blog. And I do remember that they did attempt to call/mail to CN. They had a header with a link like "CALLING ALL SOS LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN" sorta thing. Do not remember the details. Well, it obviously failed. 

Also, how the heck did you manage to find that page? Any other like leading back to the homepage or other links are broken, the site itself is down and has been for years.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 1:54 pm

I just typed in something like "SOS Hamtaro" in Google and that was the first link that popped up.  I haven't checked the other links but the main site seems to work fine for me when I go to it from Google.  I can't believe the SOS actually thought we would get Sailor Stars on TV in 2003.  It's funny in a funny sad way we ended up not getting Stars until almost a decade later on a direct to DVD release.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 2:21 pm

Oh wow, you weren't kidding. I guess other links I found were just older and they changed servers or something.

Geez, they were trying to get disney to do a live action thing. I am laughing right now these guys were hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 2:30 pm

Omgosh shut up this isn't real. xD I remember the old poptart procott thing being such a joke. Hahaha... but i'm glad this one is being used to donate to food drives. Thats really awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 2:42 pm

Were you involved in the SOS procott, Small Lady? Was it really that bad?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 5:58 pm

No I wasn't involved, I just know it was like a joke amongst the community. :3
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime7th December 2014, 6:24 pm

It did that bad, huh?
Back to top Go down
Ginzuishou35
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime12th December 2014, 10:21 am

The Poptart procott is this weekend (Sunday).  Visit the Procott facebook page, print out some labels, and show that Sailormoon fans can do some good this holiday season.

Smile  I don't know if anyone will participate at all, but thanks for hearing me out and letting me have a place on the forum for this crazy event!!

MOON POPTART POWER!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime15th December 2014, 10:00 am

I think it was a great idea! Thank you for sharing. Encouraging others to give around the holidays is always a good thing!
Back to top Go down
Ginzuishou35
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime15th December 2014, 10:04 am

Thanks!  Have a great holiday everyone!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime15th December 2014, 12:32 pm

You too! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott   The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Sailormoon Poptart Procott

View previous topic View next topic Back to top