The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Quick Livestream Poll!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Are you interested finishing Princess Tutu?
Yes!!
Quick Livestream Poll! I_vote_lcap33%Quick Livestream Poll! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No...
Quick Livestream Poll! I_vote_lcap67%Quick Livestream Poll! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Quick Livestream Poll! Empty
PostSubject: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 4:28 pm

Hi Livestream fans!  I've noticed a decline in attendance lately and was considering changing the future schedule and not continue to watch Princess Tutu if no one is interested in watching it.  As we had planned a Muscial rewatch this year, we are still planning on doing that, but I may chnge some things around with that as well.

For this poll, I Just want to know if there is still an interested in watching Princess Tutu. We have watched half of the season already.

In case you are newer to the forums and the streams in general or haven't been around in a while, I'll explain why we started watching the anime Princess Tutu.

Since the livestream has started roughly two years ago, we have watched the live action series twice, almost all of the musicals twice, and have gone through all 200 episodes of the 90s anime plus movies and specials. We've also watched La Reconquista with plans to watch Petite Etrangere.  Now that the anime has been licensed by Viz Media, I wanted to steer away from doing consecutive streams of the anime. Especially now that the subtitled version is readily available for streaming on Hulu and the DVDs/Blurays will be coming out. Out of respect and support of Viz and Sailor Moon, I will not stream the anime like we did in the past.  I may do the movies from time to time or perhaps some episodes or arcs of the series, but not the entirety of the anime.  The same goes for Crystal as well since it is available for streaming on three different websites for free.  This may change in the future as the hype dies down, but for now I'd like to support the series if I can. Smile

With that said, I thought it would be a good idea to branch out into other series that have some relation to Sailor Moon. There are tons and tons of anime that I can show and expose people too. Plus it gives us a break from SM all the time. :3  Princess Tutu was created by SM animation director Ikuko Itoh (most well known for her work during the SuperS series, but also did several episodes throughout the entirety of the series). Its a little different but a very sweet and amazing magical girl series.   I thought it would be the best pick for our first non-Sailor Moon stream.

So thats that. Please post in the poll and let me know.  

If you have any comments or questions about GC livestreams, please feel free to post in this thread!

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 4:53 pm

Ever thought about streaming other Magical Girl animes or other animes in general? I'm totally up for watching other animes with GCers, but Princess Tutu doesn't interest me. I'm not going to vote since I'm sure there are people who want to finish it. Maybe we can have Shojo nights and Shonen nights? Maybe we can stream bad dubs or bad animes for giggles? The reason I quit going to streams because it was mostly the myus I don't care for them because it's hard for me to pay attention to a musical that's in a different language.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:01 pm

After Princess Tutu, I was going to branch into other magical girl series that are related to Sailor Moon. For example there is Revolutionary Girl Utena, Cutie Honey Flash (it took over the SM timeslot after the original anime's run ended and has many of the same animation staff), and also finding series voice actors from the anime have been in (like how Kotono has been in tones of things, Neon Genesis Evangelion being one of those).

I am not asking for other suggestions of what to watch in this thread at this time (it is appreciated) only because I am going to work on a bigger survey than this. I just wanted a more immediate answer regarding Tutu. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:34 pm

Well you did say leave comments so I did. Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:38 pm

Lol i did, but yeah. I'm gunna have a survey where you will be able to give more elaborate suggestions. Princess Tutu was just a first in the branching of new anime so its not like I haven't considered other anime.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:39 pm

Well I didn't know that at the time when I wrote my post. Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:44 pm

You come up with anymore excuses and Ima put a pink bun in your eye! xD Quick Livestream Poll! 3150097195

(lol yami we are just secretly bumping this thread yay)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 5:47 pm

Ahhhhhh please dont!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll shut up!!  Quick Livestream Poll! 2869872805

actually it's the truth............. Quick Livestream Poll! 2695440696
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 6:12 pm

lol I know.

And 4 nos to Princess Tutu. D: awww... I know I didn't ask for it, but for those that voted no, is there any particular reason why? Or why something hasn't been said up until now? If you guys don't like something, you can always post in the livestream updates thread. Since no one has said anything, I didn't know it was so unpopular. :/
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 8:26 pm

I just personally don't like the anime is all!

Despite streaming Crystal on other websites when it comes out, I would still really love to watch it as a group. It's a lot more fun to me when I have some other fans around to talk with while watching! Maybe you could run the stream off of the website so that we're still supporting it by giving it views as a group?

Also, the Sunday night time would work better for me if it were just one hour later (7 PM EST)!

That's my two cents Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 8:31 pm

Okay thats good to know! Thanks for the feedback. :3
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 8:59 pm

i think this will be an anime i go back and revisit, it looks cute, but it just hasnt caught my attention yet, maybe during winter break.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 3:39 am

I don't really know what Princess Tutu is because the musicals haven't interested me that much, so I'm not going to vote on the poll! However, I wanted to say I think streaming other animes is an amazing idea! Just because this is a Sailor Moon site doesn't mean all we have to watch is Sailor Moon! There's a whole bunch of great animes out there that have the same kind of feel! I'd love to watch Madoka Magica or Card Captors or something with you all! Plus there's some people that maybe haven't really seen or be introduced to a whole lot of animes, like me =P, and having a stream that plays a bunch of animes similar to the one we all know and love, would be awesome! Great idea Britty Babe! <3

<3
Kaya
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 7:07 pm

Princess Tutu isn't a musical deary. Razz

But thanks for the feedback! <3
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 8:00 pm

Small Lady wrote:
lol I know.

And 4 nos to Princess Tutu. D:  awww... I know I didn't ask for it, but for those that voted no, is there any particular reason why?  Or why something hasn't been said up until now?  If you guys don't like something, you can always post in the livestream updates thread. Since no one has said anything, I didn't know it was so unpopular. :/

I actually thought it would be really cool to watch, the problem was I missed the first few livestreams we did, and I was afraid if I just jumped in I would be the confused, odd one out. It was nothing against the show itself, just the fact that it was new and I didn't want to start watching it from the middle of the series. I actually do want to try and watch it from the beginning sometime, so as I said, nothing against the show itself.

I'm not sure if you want suggestions posted here, but I'm just gonna say this anyway xD. Perhaps having a. survey of what people want to watch next would work better in the future? You could choose a few different animes, and have everyone else vote on what's next. I think watching shows that we have already seen may work better, because then we aren't afraid to jump in and watch the livestream whenever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 8:08 pm

I may do something like that or instead of watching an entire anime series, watch the first four episodes. Thats what we used to do when I ran an anime club back in the day. ^^
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 8:23 pm

That sounds like a great idea Smile I highly anticipate the upcoming livestreams!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 10:22 pm

pssst. we should watch neon genesis evangelion.. no don't listen to this. xD

i'd love to watch other shojo animes. i need to start expanding my horizons in anime too besides sm and pokemon xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime28th October 2014, 7:19 pm

i liked princess tutu...until...cannot say bc of spoilers...but too bad no one is interested in finishing it :/

let's watch code geass <3
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime29th October 2014, 5:32 pm

Haine wrote:
i liked princess tutu...until...cannot say bc of spoilers...but too bad no one is interested in finishing it :/

let's watch code geass <3
Code Geass isn't even remotely shoujo, Haine.  Quick Livestream Poll! 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime29th October 2014, 7:00 pm

Well I'm not going to strictly stick with shoujo, just anime that's related to Sailor Moon in some way... but its highly likely I'll stay more on the shoujo path. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime29th October 2014, 7:06 pm

what about madoka magica, i have heard good things about that show.

or fruits basket, i have not seen the japanese version, or clannad (its not magical girl, but its amazing) i also need to expand my anime horizons
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime29th October 2014, 8:01 pm

Lets hold back on the anime suggestions for now since like I said I'll be havinga much more detailed survey where you can put more of your thoughts and anime suggestions. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Livestream Poll!   Quick Livestream Poll! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Livestream Poll!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top