The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle Empty
PostSubject: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime20th October 2014, 3:50 pm

You have been invited to the unnamed Castle. Its name has been lost over the centuries, and legends refuse to give such a place the right of owning a new one. Why name something that everyone fears?

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle Mystery_at_the_castle_halloween_event_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d8326ux

I have scouted out you as my guests by the power within your souls. I have heard about your own legends, your own talents. Perhaps you can finally allow this place to be at peace. Below I have attached the directions to this location. Please park at the main entrance where my butler, Kay, will meet you to bring you to the house. 

- Sincerely Dr. Els

*~*~*

The castle has countless rooms. The main hall is where everyone will gather and meet while waiting for further instruction and introduction from the host. 

The main hall is dusty, barely kept. The old crystal chandelier swings slowly from the small breeze the comes through the old parted stone walls. There are no snacks or drinks for the guests, just a bare room filled with antique furniture that is barely lit.

Kay is an elderly man who works for Dr. Els. His face is full of wrinkles that tell the story of his hard upbringings, but his eyes are full of life and warmth. He is rather short due to a hunched back, barely breaking 5 feet. 

{{You have until 6pm EST 10/22 to arrive}}
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime20th October 2014, 4:08 pm

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle HifAiCe

Leah had been busy at one of her newest paintings when she felt a strong pull inside of her chest. She followed the pull, her feet seemingly to have possessed a mind of her own until she stopped in front of a castle. She walked toward it hoping it would be safe. it was dark out, but the castle had lights on the front.

She walked up to the door- knocking as she thought, what am I getting myself into?
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime20th October 2014, 5:40 pm

Minako wasn't sure what to make of the invitation she got in the mail. This Dr. Els person wanted her to visit some strange address that led to a creepy old castle to "allow this place to be at peace". It all sounded very sketchy, but even with her instincts telling her it might be a trap, Minako was still compelled to at least check it out. Her mysterious sender seemed to know about her exploits as a senshi, and that was enough to catch her interest. Did they need help with a monster problem? Artemis had his concerns about her going with no backup, but Minako had promised to be careful. If it turned out to be a lie, she could just leave, right?

"Wow..." Minako had reached the end of the letter's directions, and now she stood in front of a dark, foreboding castle of stone. There were no signs nearby with a name on it, and it looked pretty abandoned. Something about this castle was starting to get to her, and she walked a little faster towards the large doors. She didn't want to stand around any longer than she had to. As Minako got closer, she spotted another person knocking to get in already. Minako instantly brightened up, happy that she wasn't completely alone here. 

"Hey, were you invited here too?" she asked Leah, walking up to her. "This place is kind of creepy when you're by yourself..."
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Tokyo25
Pyramidal Crystal

Tokyo25

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime20th October 2014, 5:55 pm

Michiru couldn't understand how the sender of the letter knew about her Senshi identity. The aquamarine-haired girl was wondering if this was a lure into a trap set up by a dangerous youma. Even if it was, she still had to investigate it to determine the intentions of the writer and take care of any potential threats. She would be aware of her surroundings, of everything around her, no one normal knew her secret identity after all.

Driving up to the address, Michiru wasn't sure exactly what to expect. By the mention of a butler she thought this was going to be a mansion, but it revealed itself to be a castle. "There are two other girls at the entrance, guess they received letters as well." Michiru said as she parked her car. She got out and walked over the bridge to approach the other girls. She recognized one of them as Minako but didn't recognize the other one. "Hey Minako, how are you and who is this girl with you?" Michiru said.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime20th October 2014, 11:16 pm

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle BgbjE4w

Ami had followed the directions of the letter carefully, and paused before the imposing castle when she reached her destination. The letter sender had alluded to knowing their ‘legends’ and ‘talents’, which had piqued her curiosity. Given that their identities were not supposed to be common knowledge, this proved worth investigating if only to see whether it would pose any security risk to the senshi. And if it was genuinely a person who needed help, then they needed to help him, right?

The place sure seemed eerie. She moved forward toward the main entrance and saw Minako, Michiru, as well as a girl she didn’t know. “Hello Minako-chan, Michiru-san,” she greeted them, somehow not quite surprised to see them there. They must have gotten the same invitation she did. Did all the senshi get one? But if so, who was this other girl, then?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 7:17 am

Kaede Morgan, Sailor Makemake

In the distance, a familiar sight came trudging toward the castle.

Dressed in red, blue and white, it wouldn't be hard for the sol senshi there to understand who they were seeing. Her pigtails swung this way and that as she made their way toward them. But why was she transformed and why wasn't her brilliant aura radiating off her?

Perhaps because it was only a cosplayer dressed as Sailor Moon. Her bright green eyes looked this way and that at the other girls present. Up close, they'd see that her costume was actually quite impressive. It seemed the girl had way too much time on her hands to put that level of detail into her attire.

"Oh, thank goodness," she said with a sigh. She tilted her hand so that it leaned on her plastic moonstick.

Walking up to the others, she adjusted her bright blond wig.

"Hey!" she said with a bright smile. "I hope you don't mind me bothering you but I'm lost. Does anyone know where I can find some place to rest? I was supposed to go to a live action role play but I can't find it anywhere."

In her hands was the exact invitation to the castle, though it didn't mention anything about a "live action role play." The girl didn't seem to know where she was.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 8:04 am

"Oh, hey Michiru," Minako said back, smiling. Another familiar face was always good, but this did make her start to wonder just who sent that letter. Did every senshi that she knew also get one, or was Michiru being here just a coincidence?

"Ami-chan! I didn't think either of you would be here. You both got letters too?" Ami's appearance destroyed the latter theory and started to confirm the former. Just what was going on here? Minako saw a familiar figure, and looked over Ami's shoulder to see it better. Was that...Sailor Moon? But as teh girl approached, she could see that it was just someone wearing a costume. It was very elaborate however, and Minako couldn't help but appreciate the effort that must have done into making it authentic. Most senshi costumes got a few of the details wrong.

"Nope, no roleplaying here! At least I don't think there's a live action roleplay..." Minako said brightly, before noticing the girl's invitation. "We're all here because of an invitation, like that one." Did they miss more instructions on their letters? She didn't remember reading about a roleplay at all.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 12:00 pm

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle DEJJFj1

Hotaru sat in the passenger seat of Haruka's car, gazing out at the passing trees. She held a small invitation in her hand, one she had been reading the directions off of for the last five minutes. The car slowed, and Hotaru said, "Make a left here." The drive continued for a few more moments until finally they arrived at a giant mansion. The sky seemed to darken in this area, and Hotaru couldn't help but feel a small bit of fear as she looked out at the building before her. A warm hand on her knee pulled her out of her thoughts, causing her to look over at Haruka.

"Don't worry, Michiru is already there waiting for you. And I'm sure there will be others, too," Haruka said. Hotaru nodded confidently and opened her door, stepping out into the cool fall air. She was about to close the door when Haruka's voice stopped her:

"Hotaru, please be careful," the older woman said, a foreign softness in her eyes. The small girl smiled.

"Aren't I always?" she quipped, winking as she shut the door. Turning her back on her parent, Hotaru marched to the front entrance of the mansion. Her eyes traveled from each figure there, happy to see that herself and Michiru were not the only Sol Senshi who were invited. Minako and Ami, and...was that Sailor Moon?

Upon getting closer, Hotaru realized that the energy coming off of this girl was slightly different than Sailor Moon's. Perhaps a cosplayer, then? She was seeing lots of cosplayers, recently, what with Halloween so quickly approaching.

There was another girl there, too, but Hotaru didn't recognize her. The young girl gravitated to Michiru, quickly taking her place beside her. Remembering the manners she had been taught, Hotaru bowed to everyone else. "Minako, Ami, it's good to see you again!" she said, plastering a smile on her face. She was willing to do anything to calm her nerves at this point, what with the house so near. As a distraction, she looked at the other two girls. "I don't believe we've met. Who are you?"

She glanced up at Michiru, hoping she had made her introduction correctly. Shy in nature, it had always been difficult for Hotaru to directly approach strangers. Perhaps, she thought, it would become less difficult as the night progressed. But by the looks of the spooky mansion, Hotaru was in over her head.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 12:24 pm

“Yes, I did,” she answered Minako’s question, waving the invitation in question. “It was quite unwise of you to come here alone instead of telling us, Minako-chan,” she gently admonished. Never mind that she’d done the same thing herself, but she had tried to reach her friends first. It was just none of them were there and she couldn’t leave the matter alone. As Minako’s gaze traveled to someone behind her, she turned to follow it.

Ami had seen a lot of bizarre things in her life, but the figure that approached the group then must rank among one of the most bizarre. She had seen pictures of people cosplaying as the senshi before, of course, but this was the first time she saw one, and so deceptively good, with her own eyes. She actually nearly called out to Usagi before realizing something was off. Usually it was really easy to tell between a costume and the real deal, but not this time. She just stared at the girl in surprise for a few moments, too taken aback by what she was seeing. She supposed it would be even stranger to see someone cosplaying as Sailor Mercury. Never in her life had she dreamed about achieving such fame that people would want to emulate or imitate her, dress up like her and her friends. It hit her hard every time.

She felt confused when the girl mentioned live action roleplay. Nowhere in the invitation—which she noticed the girl also held—did it say such a thing. Minako answered her, and meanwhile, another car had pulled up. This time Ami was surprised to see who emerged.

“Hotaru-chan, it’s really nice to see you,” she smiled to the girl. She kept forgetting that Hotaru was Saturn sometimes. It was just so ingrained in her mind that she was an innocent little girl, one they all were supposed to protect. It didn’t help that her age remained younger than the rest of them, but she was a soldier in her own right, and Ami could not tell her to stay away, especially if she was here with the permission of her adopted parents. She turned toward the strangers, awaiting their introductions.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 12:58 pm

Leah met Michiru and Hotaru's gazes, she had never been good with introductions and much preferred to keep to herself and her artwork, but here she was and someone knew her other identity, Leah wondered if these girls too knew her true identity. 

"My name is Leah," she said with a soft smile. "I also got the invitation and came here, but something about this place rubs me the wrong way, I just don't have a good feeling."

She looked around taking in the surroundings and hugged herself to try and calm her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 1:16 pm

The girl's face went sour when the others said that there was nothing on the invitation that suggested it was a role play. She held up her own copy and read it aloud.

"'I have scouted out you as my guests by the power within your souls. I have heard about your own legends, your own talents...' Yeah, this is totally a LARP, you guys. This note's in character. You're dressed all wrong. But don't worry. My stats are going to be amazing as Sailor Moon. I'll make it easy for you guys."

Hearing that Leah felt uncomfortable, the girl grinned.

"That's the spirit! I bet you're really good about staying in character."

Adjusting her wig again, she looked to the others in curiosity. Her eyes lit up when she realized she hadn't introduced herself.

"Oh, my name's Kaede. Who are you guys? You seem to all know each other."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 3:24 pm

"Wait, what?-" Did she not get what was going on here? Minako was about to tell the cosplaying girl that this wasn't a game, but stopped herself short. If she thought they were LARPing, there was no reason for Minako, Ami, Michiru, and now Hotaru to blow their covers as senshi. They could play along with her idea and keep an eye out for any trouble at the same time. And if this really was just a roleplay they had stumbled into, no big deal, right? 

"Oh, I get it!" Minako said, acting embarrassed. "I can't believe we thought this was an actual haunted house, right girls?" She laughed and gave the other senshi a certain look as she turned to them briefly. Please go with me on this...  "Thanks for the heads up, Kaede. I'm Minako, and we all kind of happened to be friends before this," Minako saw that Leah was as uncomfortable as them.

"Don't worry, as long as we stick together we'll be fine." She was really starting to hope that this was all a game like Kaede thought.
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 4:57 pm

This has to be some kind of elaborate joke..

Climbing out of a stainless steel sports car, Jasper slung the shoulder straps of a blue backpack underneath his arms. After securing his vehicle, the young man hurried towards the castle. His choice of clothing was decidely casual, consisting of blue jeans and a light green t-shirt. Over that article of clothing, he was sporting a long-sleeved, unbuttoned orange shirt as if it were no different from a vest.

Jasper was annoyed. He had taken great care to fabricate the little legal nuances that would help to establish a sense of legitimacy as a private citizen. However, someone had gone out of their way to send a letter to him with rather peculiar claims. That he had powers, talents, was a legend..

He wanted to know who this Els character was - a friend, a foe, or perhaps an outlier like Jasper himself. In spite of the irritation that crawled through thoughts like a small swarm of angry ants, he was impressed that Dr. Els had taken the effort to track him down and send correspondence. Alternatively, this individual of interest may have been baiting him here to confirm any supposed skills or powers; merely having that suspicion was enough reason to stay vigilant.

Taking a deep breath, Jasper approached the gathering of girls near the castle's front door and cleared his throat. One of them had Sailor Moon's appearance - only without the accompanying aura or presence. Was it a costume, then? This was turning out to be a strange day, and Jasper's initial displeasure soon gave way to curiosity.

"Did any of you receive a strange letter to come to this place?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime22nd October 2014, 7:50 am

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle ZU7tkYr_zps17edf8d0
Makoto looked down at the invitation she received in the mail as she walked towards the destination indicated. She wasn’t sure what to make of this mysterious invitation that had arrived. She couldn’t help but wonder if it was such a good idea for her to go alone without telling any of the girls. Some strange man wanted her to goto a creepy castle and she was sure that it couldn’t lead anywhere good, but she couldn’t help but feel drawn to it.

Finally arriving, the tall senshi could see several of her friends already there. Huh, I guess they got invitations too. Up ahead she could see Minako, Michiru, Ami, Hotaru and a few the people she didn’t realize.

“Hey guys, I take it you received invitations as well?” she asked walking over to her friends.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime22nd October 2014, 6:25 pm

Dr Els watched in the shadows at the top of the staircase as the main hall filled with his strange guests. Strange because they were strangers to him, but unique. He sighed as he leaned against the wall. His long tailcoat collecting dust as it bumped against the uncleaned surroundings. Although this was his property, it was only he and Kay that lived there. There was no need to clean something that was sad. A clean castle would indicate happy, which this place surely was not.

"Welcome." Dr Els said in a firm tone as she approached the top end of the staircase. He slowly made his way down, trying not to startle anyone. "I am Dr. Els." he introduced himself. "I have invited you all here to help me finally lay this old land to rest. I am so happy with the turnout. I honestly only expected about two or three of you to actually show up."

"If you concentrate, you can feel the sadness radiating throughout the stone walls of this structure. Much like that of a broken heart. Since the property became mine ten years ago, I have been visited by many spirits of this castle, but I am unsure what they want and they torment me and my butler, Kay. The spirits grow stronger throughout October, and are the strongest on Halloween Night....tonight. I feel that with your abilities, we can finally allow this old home to achieve the peaceful state that it has for so long deserved."

"First thing first. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I want to clear up any misunderstandings or suspicions against myself or this castle. "

{{{Task: Ask away! Your answers might mean the solutions later! You have until 10/23 6pm EST}}}
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime22nd October 2014, 10:54 pm

One of the unknown girls introduced herself as Leah, explaining that she’d gotten the same invitation. The other, however, seemed to have formed her own conclusion about said invitation. When Minako played along with her assumption, Ami caught her glance and understood what she intended. Even if they had to transform later, Kaede assuming it was all just some big roleplay would actually benefit them and protect their identity. As always, Minako had thought ahead quicker like the strategist she was.

“I’m Ami,” she offered her name, smiling at the two strangers. Just then another person strolled up to join them—the first male participant. To his question, Ami nodded. “Yes, I believe we all did.” She showed him the card, but was then quickly distracted when another familiar figure appeared. “Mako-chan!” she greeted, perhaps a bit too enthusiastically. Blushing slightly, Ami reined in her emotions and smiled at her friend. “Yes, we did. It’s so good to see you here.” She always felt better when Mako was around. She was strong enough to protect them all, always. Just Mako being there made her feel a lot calmer already.

She wished Rei was here too, though. Her psychic ability would sure help a lot in figuring out what the deal was with this castle. Whether it was a place with real supernatural influence or… if it was all meant to be just a game like Kaede suspected.

Finally, their host—or the one she assumed was their host anyway—appeared at the top of the staircase. He introduced himself, explaining what he needed from them. Ami tried to feel something from the castle, but she was never that great about sensing things she could not see. She was tempted to summon her visor and supercomputer but didn’t want to cause anyone’s suspicion just yet. So this was… a haunted castle? The senshi had certainly taken care of similar problems before, and she was actually kind of glad Usagi wasn’t here. She’d be so scared the entire time.

Again, though, there was that word. ‘Abilities’. As if sensing her suspicion, Dr. Els offered them a chance to ask questions, and Ami decided to see if he would actually tell the truth. “I do have a question. How did you come to find us… and why do you think we’re equipped with abilities—as you put it—to solve this problem for you?”
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 1:52 am

Two more people joined them in the castle, an un-amused looking man she didn't recognize, and Makoto. Letting Ami handle his question, Minako greeted Mako instead. It was comforting to have this many senshi in one place, at least, but it was still weird that a few of the other guests were total strangers though. Were they also special in some way? 

Minako payed attention to Dr. Els when he made his presence known and explained himself. So this house was haunted by spirits, and they were restless ones that messed with the living. A chill went up her spine and she went a little paler at the thought, but tried her best to not show it. Minako wouldn't describe herself as easily frightened, but she wasn't a huge fan of the idea of ghosts. She could fight off a physical enemy, but she couldn't beat a ghost with a simple kick or a Crescent Beam.

As he mentioned the feeling of sadness in the house, Minako closed her eyes and tried to pick up what he had described as like a broken heart. And for a few moments, she thought she could sense something off in the old castle's atmosphere, but it was gone in an instant. Rei was far better at this supernatural stuff then the rest of them were, she thought with a tinge of annoyance at herself.

"Why are these spirits here in the first place?" Minako asked after Ami, doing her best to sound confident. The ghosts in the old movies usually had reasons to haunt buildings, so maybe knowing the whole story would help to get rid of them. "Are there any stories about this castle that might be related to them?"
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

Jasper

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 2:58 pm

Jasper idly listened to the explanation of Dr. Els, his eyes wandering amongst the growing number of young girls in their collective company. Each of them were attractive in their own manner, though the lady with the red bow also had the sensibilities to start asking questions about the unnamed castle's spiritual guests. If it was possible for Jasper's superego to phsyically stand behind him, he would have slapped the lad over the head for being distracted by the pretty blonde.

Focus! You can get to know them, but remember that we didn't come here with the sole aim of socializing.

He thought back to the matter at hand, frowning slightly at Els's emphasis on their talents. While Jasper was an active presence with regards to psychic powers, it would be better to classify him as a transmitter as opposed to a receiver. He could enact his willpower upon reality, but had not tried to connect with others; the hazing he had endured in the Dark Kingdom ensured that he would look inward for his strength and inspiration beneath a surly and pessimistic shell. That outlook was more often a burden than a blessing, and unlikely to endear Jasper to the good graces of other individuals.

The ladies that shared his invitation were a bit puzzling to him; he didn't know whether or not to believe they had any special qualities, so it was safer to assume that some ulterior motive was being pursued by the odd doctor.

Jasper raised his fingers to his temples, massaging them as if to clear some persistent headache. He wasn't an exorcist or a divinely appointed telepath, but he had a realistic worldview. Something happened in this castle that drew the restless spirits to its location, and they refused to budge. Would they see this as an act of intrusion? If they were half as persistent as Jasper, then the answer was an overwhelming yes.

Stepping forward, Jasper cleared his throat and spoke with a smooth, masculine voice which carried an authoritative demeanor. "Doctor Els, you said that you've had this property for ten years. Are the spirits growing more dangerous? Have they ever attacked you or your steward? What kinds of phenomena did you experience during this season?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 3:48 pm

“Ami-chan, it’s good to see you here,” she said, returning the smaller girls cheerful greeting. She was happy the blue haired girl was here. She knew that no matter what happened, Ami would be able to come up with a strategy to get them out of this. Makoto looked around. It looked like Rei and Usagi hadn’t received an invitation. Both would be pretty upset that all of them had gone without telling the other two. Then again, perhaps it was safer if Usagi wasn’t here. Still, having Rei with her psychic abilities would have been nice.

She listened as both Ami and Minako asked their questions to the man who was their host. She had one question. “How have they been hurting you guys?” Maybe if they knew how it would lead to why?
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 4:29 pm

Leah listened as Dr. Els explained why he invited everyone here. She was a little scared herself and tried her best to maks her fear, if she lost her confidence her transformation would break and her true identity would be revealed. She wondered about this sadness he spoke of, she knew all to well what sadness was like. She had endured nothing but sadness in her life and if she could help Dr.Els rid the castle of the sadness she was going to, even if it meant being afraid in the process.

She spoke, trying to sound confident in her voice, how I wish I had a friend here, or anywhere really,  she thought as she asked "when did the sadness first appear? is there anything that triggers it more than usual? What makes you think we have abilities to rid the castle of the evil you speak of?"
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 7:55 pm

Ami wrote:
“I do have a question. How did you come to find us… and why do you think we’re equipped with abilities—as you put it—to solve this problem for you?”
Dr Els smiled. "I figured that would be the first question you would ask. You see young ones, I have an extra sense as you may say. I can feel energy, which is how I can feel the spirits in this castle. I concentrated while writing those letters asking for help, and I was guided to your names. Believe me or not, but that is the truth.I feel that the spirits sensed you out, pleading for your help as well...the good ones anyway" 
Minako wrote:
"Why are these spirits here in the first place?" 
"That is what I am trying to figure out. I am hoping that as a team you can all do so. I presume that they are stuck...or trapped between this world and the spirit realm." Dr Els spoke sadly when he mentioned the spirit realm. His eyes lit up as if remembering something.
Minako wrote:
 "Are there any stories about this castle that might be related to them?"
"Many centuries ago, there was wealthy family that lived here, so the legend says. Since that family left, stories of restless spirits emerged. I imagine that somehow someone in that family had something to do with the saddening of the spirits. The Sasaki Family....if I recall. A husband and wife alone with their three children. However, they did not die here, oh no. They moved when their children married. The couple refused to stay in this castle alone and with the on goings that began happening..."

Jasper wrote:
"Doctor Els, you said that you've had this property for ten years. Are the spirits growing more dangerous? Have they ever attacked you or your steward? What kinds of phenomena did you experience during this season?"
"Very few are dangerous, but don't expect that you won't meet them. I have had things thrown at me, items knocked over, but I have never had anything serious happen."

"When alone, you may hear the spirits speaking, their whispers fill the empty halls at night."

Makoto wrote:
“How have they been hurting you guys?” 
"Not directly, no.....as I said to Jasper, just a few evil ones that crave attention....but nothing serious as of yet."

Leah wrote:
"when did the sadness first appear? is there anything that triggers it more than usual? What makes you think we have abilities to rid the castle of the evil you speak of?"
"....I ....um.... noticed the saddness all my life....the closer to Halloween, the stronger the spirits cry. And as for the second part of your question, just like I told Ami, I was guided for your aid."
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 11:18 pm

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle DEJJFj1

Hotaru stayed back, using her eyes, ears, and mind to analyze her surroundings. The room they were in was grand, but dull, seeming to give off an eternal aura of sadness and loneliness. It was rather dark, but not dark enough that the surroundings weren't visible.

She listened as the others asked the doctor questions. As information registered in the young girl's mind, Hotaru thought of her own questions and inquiries. But she kept them to herself, deciding that her questions weren't important, and would probably be answered in due time. Her main priority was understanding why they, of all people, were invited to this mansion. The "abilities" spoken of by the doctor were apparent to Hotaru when it came to the Sol Senshi, but what about the others?

Being the only child there, Hotaru didn't feel like it was her place to speak. Although intelligent, she would rather stay behind and figure things out within her own mind. When she was needed, she would speak. At the moment, however, the energies surrounding her set her nerves on edge. Hotaru's alter ego as Sailor Saturn lingered in her secret identity, making her sensitive to different energies. A healer of sorts, she could tell when others were in pain. The most frustrating thing in the world was when she felt others' pain, but didn't know what to do about it. Her abilities only went so far.

Not entirely sure what to do next, Hotaru remained in Michiru's elegant shadow and waited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 3:20 am

Ami listened carefully as Dr. Els answered all of their questions. The explanation that he was somewhat psychic himself certainly made sense. Perhaps he was just like Rei, more attuned to the spirit world. However, not even her friend had managed to pinpoint people with supernatural energy from great distances, let alone figure out their names and address to send a letter to. He might be quite powerful himself, and she certainly hoped he was not a bad guy.

She also noted that he’d said it was the good spirits who’d guided him to seek help. So there were bad spirits also? Either way, if she could help in any way, she would. Trapped spirits seemed like a sad story, and if it was true that whatever the family who lived here once did caused this, then they needed to fix it. At least they didn’t seem particularly malevolent from the doctor’s stories.

“So where do you suggest we begin our investigation? Are there any particular rooms with… er… stronger spirit presence?” She realized she was speaking like a professional ghost hunter or something, but after that one time she, Usagi, and Rei stayed in a ghost mansion, Ami figured she had at least a bit of an experience with it. It was problem to solve, and she couldn’t help but want to solve it.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 5:32 am

Minako thought over the information Dr. Els had just given them. So these spirits were attracted by the sadness of the family that once lived here. Maybe the ghosts reacted to the husband and wife's loneliness over their children leaving, and when the couple left, the ghosts were stuck here. He had also mentioned himself being very sensitive to energy, and the more benevolent spirits had guided him to their names, which menat that the ghosts could sense the fact that they were senshi, or at least possessed some kind of power. The others invited here must have been either flukes of had their own hidden abilities.

The less friendly spirits weren't doing anything worse than flinging things around and whispering to people for attention, which was relieving. She could deal with weird sounds and a few things being pushed over. A violent one would be much harder to deal with. 

"Is there a way to lure them out? Do the spirits react to someone doing something in particular?" Minako asked. Once they knew which room to start in, they would need to call to the ghosts somehow if they weren't already there.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 9:04 pm

{So so so so so sorry...will update asap. Life just got the best of me and I am ready to pass out. Feel free to ask Kay or Dr. ELS any additional questions.}
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime25th October 2014, 10:48 am

Kaede was flabbergasted.

This whole roleplay was so much better than she expected. Originally she thought that the others were new players, having not come in their costumes. But maybe they had meant to come this way. It would only make sense after all. They were so good, they didn't have to dress in character. They could get around the mystery as themselves.

Then there was their host. WOW. He was a good DM. Not only that, but his friend was playing a butler. Was this their mansion or were they simply renting it out? Either way, it was clear this game was so much more than Kaede had ever experienced.

Noting her assumed poor charisma and intelligence score as Sailor Moon, she did not bother to ask any questions. Still, she couldn't help but meta game.

"Hey, Ami," she said in a hush. "Do you really think we should be going into high level rooms first? Maybe we should stick to the small stuff."
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime25th October 2014, 1:04 pm

Leah listened as Dr. Els spoke of having sadness all his life and she could relate to him. She too wondered what it was like to know happiness, but she was trying to work toward that happiness and find comfort in the small things. She hoped she would be able to help rid these spirits that caused him so much sadness. She spoke up hoping she was not sounding rude," I do not mean to be rude, but if this place makes you feel sad, why not leave, have you tried to leave and find happiness elsewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime25th October 2014, 11:25 pm

Makoto felt sad that the ghosts had been attracted to the sadness from the previous family. When the people had left, the ghosts had been trapped in the house. She listened as her friends began asking questions about the ghosts.

She still wasn't sure what they were doing here and how they could help. It was like anyone here had any psychic abilities or ability to communicate with spirits. She wasn't sure how she could help. If you needed something punched, she could do that. Talking with spirits? Not her thing really.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 8:51 am

Spoiler:

Ami wrote:
“So where do you suggest we begin our investigation? Are there any particular rooms with… er… stronger spirit presence?” 

{{{Woot! I....I mean Dr Els.... was waiting for this question, you marvelous human you}} 

The Dr thought for a moment then looked at Kay, as if awaiting a second opinion. Kay slowly nodded and the Doctor nodded. "Aye, there is. In the basement is a room that used to be an old icebox {used to hold large quantities of ice to keep dairy and meat products form spoiling} is there I sense the strongest spirit pull throughout the entire castle." The doctor looked away when he mentioned this area, and so did Kay. However, I can not lead you there myself.... I can provide directions on how to find this room in the undergrounds of the castle.

At that moment, a whisper filled the room, most likely a passing spirit. "Help us, we want to go home."

Minako wrote:
"Is there a way to lure them out? Do the spirits react to someone doing something in particular?"

"We don't want to hurt, please leave us alone, we want help."

"Some want to stay, they deceive."

Dr Els looked sad upon hearing these voices. "I know." he replied, not to the people in front of him, but rather directed towards the spirits. Kay, had vanished by this point, most likely to retrieve a map. "Kay will return shortly. Although this castle is large, many of the rooms can not be entered since they are too dangerous. This castle has not been kept to date for many years, and I can not risk having something....collapse on you.

Leah wrote:
" I do not mean to be rude, but if this place makes you feel sad, why not leave, have you tried to leave and find happiness elsewhere?"

"I....simply....can not."
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 11:32 am

"What do you mean you can't leave?" Makoto asked. "Are you trapped here? Are the spirits stopping you from leaving?" He seemed to be vague with some of his answers and it was annoying Makoto. She was also confused about how he was acting. He seemed to be listening to the spirits that she couldn't hear and told them that some areas of the castle were dangerous.

"How come you can't go to the basement?" He couldn't go there but he expected them to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle   RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP 2 Week Event - Mystery at the Castle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top