The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Relaxed] Love at Second Sight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

[Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2014, 7:59 pm

[Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 14iphzd_zpsb836f208

Unable to bear seeing Minako so upset, Kunzite stepped towards her until he could feel her body heat. He paused for a moment before wrapping his arms around her and drawing her to him. He hoped that she wouldn't rebuke his attempt to comfort her.

"When we first started our romance, I found myself crazily in love with you, to the point where for he first time in my life, I wanted to shirk my duties in order to spend more time with you. I hated when we had to return to Earth and I was separated from you. I was constantly thinking of you, wondering what you were doing. I even imagine what our future would be together and envisioned you heavy with my child."

"You were no more a fool for loving me than I was for loving you. I fought Beryl's magic for as long as I could, but nothing I seemed to do worked. She was a powerful sorceress in her own right. Combined with Metalia's power, no one stood a chance of resisting her. I was the last of my brothers to fall and watched each of them slowly succumb to her influence," he said, pain in his eyes as he remembered watching each of them turn on him and what they stood for and believed and the pain of the betrayal he felt.

"I did everything I could to fight her and you will never know how sorry I am that I wasn't strong enough or good enough to overcome her influence. I hate that you had to kill me. I can't pretend to know what that kind of pain feels like," he said softly. He did know that he would forever carry the guilt and shame of his actions leading up the events of the downfall of the Moon Kingdom. If only he had been better, stronger some how than maybe things would have turned out differently. He held Minako to him gently, hoping that she was taking some comfort in his embrace. He leaned down to kiss the crown of her head, finding himself unable to stop himself.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 10:09 am

[Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 VjxvQoH

At first, her instinct was to break free from his embrace, but feeling those arms around her again, comforting instead of suffocating, offering love instead of the intention to kill, she felt immediately powerless. She’d forgotten how it felt to be held by him. This body never even remembered it. But her soul did, and she melted against him, bursting into tears in earnest. She didn’t even care that she was laying herself bare emotionally in front of someone who, for as long as she could remember, had been an enemy. She was tired of keeping her guard up. She was tired of fighting and all of the violence and hatred. All she’d ever wanted to do was love him. She was born to love him. She had a heart that was made to love, and having that turned against her had nearly destroyed her.

When she heard what he said next, the shock stopped her incoming sobs and she looked up at him. “A child?” she asked in disbelief. “A family? Us? You thought that far ahead… really?”

She couldn’t even fathom it. Of course, she’d been the more reluctant one between them, and she was really carefully taking one step at a time. She didn’t dare dream too far ahead when they might not even make it to the next day. When they faced such insurmountable odds in their path. In the end, it had turned out to be true, but she wasn’t necessarily proud of not being brave enough to dream about it.

She wrapped her arms around him then and started crying in earnest. She buried her head in his chest and when he kissed her gently, all she wanted was stay there and forget everything—all the pain that they’d gone through—and start again. Could they really do that? How many chances were you supposed to give someone before it was enough? Or were you just supposed to never give up on love?

“I… I want that happiness for us. So badly. I just don’t know if we can still have it, after everything. It wasn’t a good thing then, is it a good thing now? Will it work or will it just cause disaster all over again, because I promise you, Kunzite, I can’t deal with that twice. Once has destroyed me enough.”
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st October 2014, 6:08 pm

“It was a dream I had, a hope. It was something I would have liked, but would have been perfectly content without a child if you had not wanted it.” He also had not been sure if they would have been able to balance having a child with their duties. “I had always imagined having a future with you.”

Kunzite held his love closely as she burst into tears, murmuring comforting words. He hated to see her hurting so and didn’t know what to do in order to make it better. It felt good to hold her again. It felt so familiar. She felt exactly the same in his arms as she did back then. He couldn’t help but wonder what of her had changed.

“Once has nearly destroyed us both. I think we were meant to be together and we have been given a second chance. Mamoru and Usagi have made it work, we can too.” Kunzite truly believed that true love could transcend time and space. They were soul mates and would always find each other in every lifetime. “If we truly want this, we can make it work. You are the Goddess of Love, you know better than anyone that love is never an easy road but true love is always worth it at the end.”
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th November 2014, 7:04 am

“No, I… well… I don’t know what I think about it… it seems so far away and foreign, but… I think it’s sweet that you thought that far ahead,” Minako admitted. She realized then how serious he must’ve been about them if he’d thought about family. Maybe she’d been halfhearted even since then. Maybe it wasn’t Kunzite at all who’d ruined love for her… maybe she just never knew how to love anyone properly to begin with and had always had one foot out the door.

She didn’t know how he could still have faith in them, but it was true that Usagi and Mamoru had made it against all odds. Even after their love destroyed both of their kingdoms, and even when it was challenged again and again in this second life… Minako had to admit that she hadn’t been as strong as that. It was easier for her to give up than to ever hope she could still have that happiness and be disappointed again. Of course, the man she had loved being dead had made things even more convenient.

“I actually think I know about love the least, ironically,” she said, wiping her eyes with a rueful smile. She pulled away a little to look at him, tried to really look at him as both Venus and Minako. The old her recognized him with ease, but the girl that was Minako still felt that disjointed feeling of not having the past and present perfectly reconciled.

“If we want to try again, I want to do things properly. I don’t know you at all in this life, and you don’t know me beyond what you remembered. I want you to get to know Minako Aino, not Sailor Venus, and I want to get to know the you that is here now, not the old Kunzite.” She took a deep breath to steel herself. “And I want… I want us to see where this goes. Not make any promises. Treat this as if we’re both new people and no longer bring the past into it. It’s all behind us now, and I want us to look only forward.”

The past held a lot of baggage, and while they could skip all the awkwardness of the dating phase by simply recalling their memories, Minako wanted to fall in love as Minako, the way Usagi and Mamoru did as themselves, not Serenity and Endymion. If it turned out she would still love him as much as she did then, then she would know that they were meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2014, 8:13 pm

Kunzite frowned as Minako began tearing up as she claimed that she knew the least about love. What did that have to do with them?

"Knowing anything about love has little to do with being in a relationship. They are work and both sides need to always be working at them in order for it to work. I truly believe that we would be able to make a relationship in this time period work. I would like to start over with you. I do agree that it is the best idea, however, I disagree with forgetting about our past. It is too much a part of either of us. It has helped shape who we are today. Forgetting about it would be akin to trying to forget how to breathe. Our past will always affect us to a degree," he said softly, tilting her head up so she was looking at him. "What we can do is not let it influence our decisions we make today about our relationship; whether we chose to go forward with it or simply remain friends. We are both different people now than we were back then. It is quite possible that regardless of how we feel for one another, a relationship may not work." Hopefully by remembering his past he wouldn't make the same mistakes with her than he had before. Kunzite knew that deep down that Minako was it for him. Sure he could if needed find someone to settle down with, be content, but there would always be a Minako sized hole in his heart. He would never love anyone like he loves her.

It was pretty late in the morning by now and Kunzite was beginning to feel hungry. If he remembered correctly, Minako had been getting coffee and something to eat on the way to class this morning when she had stopped at the coffee shop he worked at. She had to hungry by now. A plan began to form in his mind. He would win Minako, he wasn't a master tactician for nothing.

"There is a little bistro close by. I would be honoured if you would join me for a late brunch m'lady," he said gallantly.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th November 2014, 12:25 pm

Minako wasn’t sure how she could not forget the past but simultaneously not let it affect her decisions in the present. It was all painful memories anyway, what did he want to remember? Sure, they had some brief happy time, but it was very short-lived. And she wasn’t completely that Venus anymore. It was still a different person who’d fallen in love with him. She didn’t want to be with him now just because she’d been with him then… but she couldn’t deny that part of the attraction was because of the past. If she hadn’t remembered… if all she knew of him was the enemy who had once threatened her life, would she even be here, considering this? Would she be in his arms?

No, she wouldn’t be.

“I’m… I’m afraid of not knowing where the line is. I don’t want the past to define us, but… you’re right, we can’t deny that it affects us even if just a little bit. This is all so confusing. Don’t you wish we’re just normal people some days?” she asked with a small laugh.

She hesitated when he invited her to brunch, thinking of the class she was missing right this second. She’d completely forgotten all about it. “I’m supposed to be in class, but…” she glanced at her watch and sighed. “…It’s much too late now anyway. I suppose it’s better to skip it than get yelled at… again.”

She blushed as she realized she’d just told him she had made a habit out of being late. “Well, lead the way then. Are you sure you’re fine skipping out of work just like that?”
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th November 2014, 11:45 pm

Kunzite couldn't help laughing when Minako asked if he ever wished that they were normal. "We were born for great things. Normal was never in the cards for us."From a young age, he had been trained to not only be the ruler of his kingdom but to be the guard and companion of the Prince of Earth. He had the feeling Princess Venus had had a similar upbringing.

When she mentioned that she was always late, she silver haired man raised an eyebrow. That was different. Venus had always been been exceptionally punctual. It was good to know that while some things were the same, there were differences.

As he lead her to the bistro, they walked in silence, neither knowing what to say to the other. When they arrived, they quickly chose a table by the window. Pulling out a seat, Kunzite gestured for her to sit, waiting patiently to see if she'd except his offer.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2014, 8:29 am

Great things. It only sounded… well, great, but they weren’t always, were they? Minako had lost count how many times she’d faced death, had actually died, or had lost people she cared about. She wanted greatness, sure—fame—but not the heroic kind. She never wanted to be a hero, and especially not if it involved so much pain and heartbreak. All she wanted was to be ordinary again, to be famous in a completely different and much more innocent way.

She could see that he was surprised by the discovery of her bad habit, and this brought her back to her earlier point. They didn’t know each other, not really. Their souls recognized one another but the outer part was no longer the same. Would she still like him for the way he was now? Would he care for the girl who started out as lazy, shallow, and boy-crazy? Minako knew that she wasn’t those things anymore, but they were still parts of her that made her this way today.

She followed him to the bistro and, as she saw him actually pulling out a seat for her, she felt a mix of embarrassment and pleasure. Gallantry wasn’t exactly a trait that was easily found anymore in men these days. She sat down, for a moment feeling like she was back in her princess dress—that she had to be proper and ladylike. But she snapped out of it quickly, remembering that shifting into her past self was not the answer.

She waited for him to sit down himself before asking her question. “So… how have you found the modern age? Even when you were reincarnated here before, you didn’t exactly have a normal life. I’ve never even seen you out of your general uniform until now. It’s… rather odd,” she admitted, but quickly added, “Not bad. Just unusual. I kind of like it, actually…”

It was just so strange seeing him without his cape.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2014, 8:17 pm

The modern age…Kunzite had a love hate relationship with it. Most of the time however, he felt like a man out of time. Part of him yearned for the simplicity of the Earth of his past and the slower pace of life.

“There are some conveniences, such as the internet and having that much knowledge at your finger tips. It is absolutely amazing. I have read and learnt so much since being reincarnated.” He still loved to read books and did so at every opportunity, but having the internet and being able to look up almost anything that confused him about the modern age was truly a blessing.

The easy convenience of the grocery store compared to having to hunt and skin the meat is one perk I do enjoy. It was never my favourite task,” he admitted. He was fine with the hunting and cooking the meet, but he had always hated skinning the meat. “Some of the quick easy foods do not taste all that well, I do not understand how people can eat them. Those microwavable dinners, they have little taste to them, yet people seem to eat them all the time. I prefer cooking it myself or going to a good restaurant.”

“People do seem to be incredibly rude and have little to no respect for others. The way I have seen some young men in this day and age talk to and treat women or their elders is truly despicable. Either basic manners have changed to the point where I can no longer recognize them, or people no longer have them.”
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2014, 12:02 pm

This was so weird. Watching him talk about the internet and microwaved food. Minako still couldn’t imagine him in this world—couldn’t place him in the twenty-first century when everything she remembered of him was from a time when kingdoms still ruled. She laughed at some of his observations.

“Well, I for one can’t cook to save my life, so those microwaved dinners are actually some of my favorite things,” she admitted. It was safer than burning down the house, at least. The thought of him cooking for her came out of nowhere, and Minako blushed. It was an image that made her feel warm and fuzzy, and… that was ridiculous, right? She’d never thought about being… domestic with anyone.

She shook her head in amusement and looked at him with wonder. “It’s like you haven’t changed or aged at all.” An unsettling thought dawned on her. “When you got… reincarnated, did you in fact end up retaining your old identity? I know that you don’t have a civilian name—at least I don’t believe so—and so… is this just you from the Silver Millennium all over again?”

She didn’t know how exactly he’d been reincarnated. It seemed as if Beryl was the one responsible for that, and she might have just done a straight reset. The Silver Crystal had given the senshi new lives, new families, and new identities… but it seemed the same second chance had not been granted to the four generals.

And what would it mean for them, if he was still the old Kunzite and she was a brand new Venus?
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th November 2014, 8:39 pm

Looking up from the menu, Kunzite regarded the woman sitting across from him. While he hadn't been reborn in the same way as Minako had, he still felt like he was different than he had been in the Silver Millennium. When he and his brothers had been brought back, they had struggled to deal with their actions while they were under Beryl's control.

"A lot from the man I was during the Silver Millennium still remains as they are the core of who I am. I have changed though from my time as being a General in the Dark Kingdom. While I was there, I committed horrible, unspeakable acts in Beryl and Metalias name, many of which went against my beliefs. No one could go through what m brothers and I did and walk away the same person." Kunzite swallowed harshly, trying to keep the memories at bay.

Life in the Dark Kingdom had always been harsh. Being the most senior member of the Shitennou, much of the discipline fell to him to administer. and the Dark Kingdom's favourite method of punishment? Torture. Even the Shitennous hadn't been immune to being punished in this fashion. Kunzite could distinctly remember several instances where where he had been tasked with punishing Nephrite, Jadeite and Zoisite or one of them had to punish him. He still woke most nights in a cold sweat from nightmares that felt more like he was reliving memories.

"Everything we go through changes us. Can you honestly say you are the same person you were five years ago?" Taking a calming breath, he pushed the memories of the Dark Kingdom aside, desperate to stay ground in the present.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 7:46 am

Minako listened to Kunzite’s story, feeling like she was finally getting to know the real him. She shivered as she imagined what he described, what life was like in the Dark Kingdom. She supposed she never thought of it too much. She assumed they’d been brainwashed and that was that; they were just loyal soldiers who did every single one of Queen Beryl and Metalia’s bidding. She had no reason to think they would suffer—beyond not having control over their own minds, that was.

And of course… he had hurt a lot of people. Maybe even killed some of them. The senshi did their best to thwart the Dark Kingdom’s plots, but there had to be more out there that they weren’t even aware of. How many innocent lives had he taken without thinking twice? Minako subconsciously hugged herself, thinking of the implications of her decision. She was sitting here, having brunch with a murderer. When put that way, it seemed insane. Of course the truth was more complicated than that. Of course he hadn’t done all of those things because he wanted to.

But did a part of him enjoy it? Had the acts changed him so much that he would not be able to go back to the way he used to be? Would he really never hurt her or her friends again? He had tried to kill them not just in one life, but two. It had been easy to write him off as a lost cause, as an enemy. But now she was giving him a chance to be who he used to be again, but could he really be?

“No, of course I’m not. But my five years ago is vastly different than yours,” she looked down at the table. The menu was right beside her, but suddenly she wasn’t sure if she was hungry anymore. She willed herself to touch him, to try and comfort him. But she was still so scared of letting him in. Still didn’t know if she could trust him.

“Do you think at least you could get back the good parts? The good that used to be in you?” She remembered more and more about all the good times they had, and her heart ached for it. Part of her was afraid she would never get to have those again. The other part was afraid she would try to get them back anyway.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th November 2014, 11:23 pm

“I try, every day. I cannot ever be the man I was in the Silver Millennium again, but I am learning to be a different man, and hopefully a better one who has learned from his mistakes,” he said honestly. He could see the struggle that Minako was having just being this close to him. He considered telling her that if being with him just eating a meal was this difficult, than she need not try. He would step back gracefully and allow her to live her life without him in it. He did not desire to cause her any pain.

Something, perhaps instinct, told him to wait, to see if she was able to overcome this. He knew that a lot of his past would be difficult to for her to come to terms with. Some days it he wondered if he was really worthy of having another chance at life after everything he has done, but yet he cannot help but feel grateful. Even if this was the only time he would spend with Minako for the rest of his time on this planet, he would cherish it.

“If you would like, I could give you some recommendations from the menu,” he offered, attempting to steer the conversation onto something more pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th November 2014, 6:48 am

Not for the first time Minako wished that both of them didn’t come with any baggage. Things would be so much easier if he was just some handsome guy who’d crossed her path, someone totally normal and nice and simple. Granted, nothing about her or her life was simple, but sometimes it was nice to think about. She was contemplating everything to do with him, wondering what the future held for them when suddenly he changed directions, almost as if he’d read her mind and was trying to make things simpler, more normal.

“Well,” Minako looked over the menu, not at all able to absorb the information there. “That would actually be nice,” she admitted. So that meant he’d eaten here before. Again, the thought of him just out and about doing normal things really baffled her mind. She would really have to get used to this.

“But first important tidbit of info you should know about current me: I hate shiitake mushrooms.”
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th November 2014, 8:02 pm

"Noted," he said, smiling at her. Looking over the menu, he quickly made some choices he thought she would like.

"I would suggest the Sundried Tomato and Ham Panini. The arugula and Monterrey jack cheese really add to the depth of the sandwich. The Onion Soup is also quite good here and would make a good pair for the panini, or even on its own. If you like pasta, I would suggest the Seafood Pasta or the Pesto, Peppers and Goat Cheese Penne."

For himself, he was leaning more towards the Onion Soup and a Chicken Ceasar Wrap. He was honestly in love with the soup and it was the best one he had found in the city thus far.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2014, 10:22 am

Minako raised her eyebrows, both surprised and impressed by Kunzite’s detailed recommendations. “You speak like a food enthusiast,” she commented, grinning. “Is there any chance that’s like one of your hidden passions? Cooking? Or just food in general?” She remembered him commenting about the modern day food too and how bland the microwaved ones were. Could it be that he was actually a foodie? She didn’t remember him as one back in the old days, but then again they didn’t have a whole lot of time to get to know each other until that level anyway, and when they did have time together, they usually preferred to do things and talk about the bigger picture; the earth, the moon, their duties… it was never about the little things. And that saddened her, now that she realized it.

“I think I’ll try the seafood pasta,” she decided. All the fancy names generally confused her, and she didn’t know what they meant anyway. Like, all those different kinds of cheese? Did there need to be that many? She liked cheese as much as the next person but never really bothered herself with which type exactly to get. It sounded pretentious when she thought about people being specific about silly things like that… though when Kunzite said it, that wasn’t the case at all. Some people were genuinely passionate about what they ate, like Mako-chan, and Minako understood that. It was just most people only pretended to be and they came off as stuck up.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th December 2014, 10:19 pm

"I guess I kind of am," he said, looking down at his plate and blushing slightly. He couldn't help it. This era had so many flavours and different foods. It was so different than the food that he grew up with in the Silver Millennium. He found himself absolutely fascinated.  "I guess I just like to try different foods. Each culture seemed to have its own style of food and cooking." Zoisite liked to tease him all the time about his passion for food, telling him he was a bit nuts. He couldn't help but wonder what she thought about his fascination with food. 

"I cannot help but wonder, you said you did not like mushrooms, but what food do you like? What is your favourite?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th December 2014, 11:52 am

Why had they never bothered asking these questions before? Minako recalled their old conversations as always being weighted and full of worry, sorrow, and so much undercurrent guilt beneath even the most joyful ones. It had always felt like she was breaking some kind of rule back then, so now that they were just two ordinary people, no longer burdened by their duties and forbidden by the universe’s laws, she couldn’t help but feel much more relaxed. Perhaps this time around it would work better.

“My favorites? Let’s see…” Minako began to tick them one by one on her fingers. “Curry rice, stuffed dumplings, annnndd… ramen noodles! Yeah, I guess I’m a pretty simple girl,” she shrugged nonchalantly. She was definitely not a snob when it came to food, though when Mako did one of her special gourmet meals, she would never say no. Who said no to free delicious food anyway?

“I’m hopeless at cooking, though. Do you cook?” she asked, then giggled when she imagined him in his uniform standing in the kitchen, adorned with an apron and a chef hat.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st January 2015, 8:43 am

For some reason he couldn’t explain, Kunzite blushed when Minako asked him if he cooked. “I do a bit. Some things turn out better than others, but my brothers generally seem to enjoy what I make. Then again, I’m pretty sure Jadeite will eat anything that is food, so I really shouldn’t be using him as a reliable way to judge my ability to cook,” he said.  His mind began to turn over possibilities of foods he could make her based on her favourites.

While ramen could be as simple as opening the noodle package and adding hot water, it could also be more complex. By adding sauces such as soy sauce, hoisin, garlic chili sauce or even sesame oil, the depth of the broth became more complex. Adding vegetables, meat or eggs also changed the ramen as well.

“I would love to cook for you sometime,” he offered, holding his breath slightly unsure how she would react to his offer.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 3:40 am

Trying to imagine the Four Generals of the Dark Kingdom living a domestic life was way too bizarre. Minako was getting used to Kunzite not trying to kill her, but she tried imagining Jadeite without one of his energy-sucking plots and failed miserably. Let alone trying to picture him in a kitchen scarfing down whatever meal Kunzite had just cooked for him.

She wondered who did the cooking in the Dark Kingdom.

When he spoke again, pulling her from her odd reverie, Minako felt strangely touched by the offer. It was a simple one, and yet it felt quite intimate at the same time. Also, that would require him being in her house or the other way around, no? Right now, that still seemed overwhelming to think about. But the offer itself was really nice, and she wasn’t exactly against it.

“I’d… I’d like to take you up on that sometime,” she said, unable to meet his eyes as she said it.

Somehow, she had managed to finish her meal in between this strange conversation, and it was pretty good indeed. Minako glanced at her watch and realized she had another half hour or so before her afternoon classes began.

“So… I will have to go back to school soon. Walk me there?” she asked, deciding to extend the invitation as a gesture of goodwill.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 9:55 am

Kunzite was pleased when she shyly stated that she would like to take him up on his offer to cook for her. At the moment, he doubted she ever would, but the fact that she said it, pleased him to no ends. He agreed to walk her back to campus, quickly settling the check. They took the same path back through the forest, chatting about small things in their lives, such as how he enjoyed being a barista, how her classes were going. 

"What the?" Kunzite said, stopping suddenly. Had he heard someone screaming or was it simply his imagination? "Did you hear that?" He heard it again. He turned around, trying to place the direction the screams had come from.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st January 2015, 11:04 am

Minako was actually starting to enjoy the conversation and relaxing more and more in Kunzite’s presence. It had taken some time for the enemy alarm to wear off; it still felt odd walking side by side with him like this but seeing him without his Dark Kingdom regalia certainly helped emphasize the ‘normal’ feeling.

But of course the peace couldn’t last long. Her heart plummeted when she heard the distant scream. “I most definitely heard that,” she confirmed, her brain already whirling with battle speed. She ran in the direction of the scream without thinking twice. Thankfully the path through the forest was not as populated as the main street, so if she needed to transform, it wouldn’t be a huge issue.

Avoiding trees on her left and right, Minako finally arrived in a clearing, where she found a youma towering above a girl on the ground. “Are you kidding me? What happened to peace and quiet?”

She turned her back against the nearest tree and quickly yelled, “Venus Crystal Power, Make Up!”
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 9:14 am

He watched her transformed, momentarily transfixed. When she appeared before him as Sailor Venus, she looked just like he remembered from the Silver Millennium and from his foggy memories from his time in the Dark Kingdom. When he heard a woman scream again, he instinctively reached for his sword, grabbing nothing but air. Dammit! It was so instinctual to reach for it, but it wasn't there. Of course it isn't, you're not longer that man anymore, a snide voice in his head chimed. He couldn't just stay here and do nothing, but he didn't know how to help without getting in the way.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th February 2015, 1:08 am

Venus noticed Kunzite’s frustrated expression, the way he’d seemed to have reflexively looked for his weapon when now there was none. Sympathy wrenched her heart, and a brief thought of how nice it would be if they could fight together now instead of against each other was quickly discarded as a useless wistful thought. He was normal and good now, and if the price for that was his old powers, then she hoped he would be glad to be rid of them.

“It’s okay. Just stay here and don’t get hurt. I’ll take care of this,” she assured him, briefly touching his arm instinctively. It was odd, but being on this form… her old memories were stronger than ever, and their proximity made her feel old feelings that had been long buried.

But she had no time for that now. The youma was about to kill the innocent girl, and she rushed into the fray without a second thought. “Venus Love and Beauty Shock!” she cried, sending a powerful attack directly into the monster. It blasted the youma away from the girl, whom she quickly helped up. “Run!” she ordered, and the girl didn’t need to be told twice. She disappeared in a matter of seconds, and Venus sighed in relief. That was one less thing to worry about.

Unfortunately, when she returned to the youma, it was already in the middle of retaliating. As she turned back toward it, she was met with a blast of light that knocked her hard toward the ground. She let out an involuntary yelp as she landed roughly, already reaching for her Love-Me Chain. The youma didn’t wait for her, though. It fired to the ground right beside her, and suddenly thick vines tangled themselves around her limbs, restricting all movements.

“Damn it,” she cursed, wondering if this was a good time to see if she could generate an attack without moving a muscle. Maybe if she yelled the attack call really loudly…?
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2015, 8:10 am

The electric shock that seemed to spread rapidly across his body from where she had touched him on his arm startled Kunzite with its intensity. He couldn’t help but watch her as she moved with the same grace that he remembered as she fought the youma. He was glad when the young girl quickly disappeared but had to hold back the cry when Venus hit the ground harshly, only to be entangled in vines before she could do anything.

No, no this couldn’t be happening. He couldn’t lose her now that he’d just found her again. Not when she seemed to be receptive to having him in her life, despite everything that he’d done. Acting upon old instincts he didn’t think he still had, he ran towards the youma, who wasn’t paying him any mind, ramming his shoulder into the creature, toppling them both over. Perhaps if he distracted it enough, it would either let Venus go, or it would give her enough time to free herself.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th February 2015, 5:40 am

Venus watched in horror as Kunzite threw himself toward the Youma, even when he had no powers to attack it with. “Kunzite! NO!” she yelled, feeling a sudden onslaught of fear for him that she would have never expected. After all, he had been an enemy for so long.

But with the monster distracted, the vines actually loosened up, and Venus wriggled herself out of them quickly, getting back on her feet.

“Get away from it, I don’t want to hurt you!” she pleaded. She was open to attacking again, but now that those two were entangled, she didn’t want to accidentally hit him with her attack.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2015, 9:37 am

He could hear that she was yelling something at him, but was unable to pay it much mind. The youma had him pinned to the ground, the vines slowly wrapping themselves around his body. He had to defeat this monster, he had to, otherwise Minako would be in danger. But how could he? He was nothing but a useless human now. The powers he once held in the Earth Kingdom were long gone and the ones from the Dark Kingdom had disappeared upon his re-awakening. He was useless. He couldn't give up though. 

As he searched within himself for that last vestige of strength, he felt a warmth spread through his body, and a bright light nearly blind him in his intensity. When he was next aware, he was standing again, the light fading revealing that the youma had been pushed back several feet. In his left hand was his sword, and he was wearing his old Shittennou uniform from the Silver Millennium. He felt his heart ache as he saw it again, not feeling like he deserved to ever wear it again, yet here it was. It was old instincts that guided him to lift his sword high before bringing it down in a dissive strike in front of him, forming a thick line of purple energy that hurdle towards the youma who hadn't quite recovered yet from the light.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th March 2015, 7:28 am

Venus did not expect the amount of fear she was feeling. It was not just fear for an innocent’s life; it was about him personally. She could not lose him moments after she got him back in her life with promises of a better future. But she could barely see him pinned down underneath the monster. She was about to attack anyway, unable to sit idly by for much longer, when suddenly there was a bright light coming from the struggle. Venus shielded her eyes and waited until it passed. Once it did, she turned back and was shocked at what she saw.

Kunzite was standing there, transformed, with sword in hand. He looked familiar, but… no. It wasn’t the old him from present day. It was him from before. Her previous memories recognized the form she had not seen since the Silver Millennium. And it made her heart lurch in a mix of longing and need.

As he brought his sword down and blasted the youma with its energy, Venus was propelled into action. “Rolling Heart Vibration!” she yelled, adding to his attack, and altogether, their powers vanquished the monster.

Standing there with ragged breath, Venus turned back to Kunzite, and for a moment, it was as if they were back in Silver Millennium. Her in her soldier form, him in that ancient uniform… the Venus that was from before was struggling to the surface, wanting to hold him and never let him go again.

She walked towards him slowly and, after a bit of hesitation, embraced him with relief. “I’m so glad you’re okay,” was all she could say, lest it overwhelmed her entirely.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2015, 10:40 am

Mod Note: Per the rules, a thread will be moved to the Graveyard if it has been in-active for one month. This thread has been in-active for over one month, so it will be moved to the Graveyard if no activity is shown.

The Graveyard is the place inactive role-plays go to rest. If a role-play has been inactive for one month, then the role-play will be moved to the Graveyard. But, not to worry! Sailor Saturn can always use her glaive to resurrect any role-play if she is asked.

You have five days to make a post, or this roleplay will be relocated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 9:25 am

He could feel the energy continue to surge throughout his body, even after the fight was gone. It was driving him to seek out, to destroy any who would hurt him or anyone he cared about. He could hear Venus speaking beside him, but he couldn't make out what she was saying. The need coursing through  him was almost overwhelming. He pushed it down ruthlessly with a wordless snarl. He wouldn't allow anything to control him again, he wouldn't go back to that! He was free and he would remain free or die trying.

"Are you injured?" he asked after a moment of silence, finally feeling in control enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight   [Relaxed] Love at Second Sight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Relaxed] Love at Second Sight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top