The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Bravely Default

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime21st September 2014, 8:55 am

Have any of you played this game? I've heard that the ending gets really boring which is why I decided to hold off on buying it when I bought Curtain Call a couple of days ago. If you've played it could you give me some of thoughts regrading the gameplay, story, etc. please. Thank you! uwu.

Last edited by Yunie on 4th October 2014, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime21st September 2014, 1:21 pm

I've started the game! I'm in the 6th chapter of 11 total not counting the extra dungeon.

Over all I really enjoy most of the characters. The plot is still going along meaning I am still interested and much deeper than you suspect as you play along.

I really enjoy the complexity of the jobs as you go along and the variety and ability to mix and match traits from each job. The Costumes are freaking adorable and amazing.

I think my only complaint is there is indeed lots of grinding, and Chapter 6 requires you to repeat some things which I REALLY REALLY hate, I have a serious problem with repeating things, but that is a personal quirk. I'd say this game is worth it for the hours and amount of gameplay alone. I like that it's not a giveme story line and bosses. Plus you can change gameplay difficulty, which is really cool, as well as the frequency of battles from 2 twice as many encounters to zero encounters. Which is really nice when you are dieing and really need an inn.

I'd say an 8/10 so far.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime13th October 2014, 2:47 pm

Thank you for your reply NQS and I apologize for replying so late. I ended up taking a chance and bought the game - along with Lightning Returns. So far I'm enjoying the game and the characters. I have to agree with you about the costumes; they are extremely cute. I love the white mage outfit. Bravely Default 3221335533  
I'm close to getting Edea Lee so I'll post my thoughts later on when I'm deeper into the game if anyone is interested. I've also been warned about how in the later chapters you're forced to do the same thing repeatedly which I'm not looking forward to but at least I'll know what's coming.

Last edited by Yunie on 18th November 2014, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime13th October 2014, 2:49 pm

So I'm totally thinking about getting this game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime15th November 2014, 4:57 pm

The characterization is fantastic, so is the plot. The voice acting, both english and japanese, are great and the graphics and art are like that of a children's storybook.

The gameplay is basic until it gets to the battles. Some of them get difficult; and like Neo Queen Serenity said, near the end of the game you basically have to grind and it gets tedious and annoying. One of the hardest final bosses I ever fought against in any game. 

I say get it.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime18th November 2014, 9:43 pm

I really do need to get back to try to finish Bravely Default. I got distracted by real life and I'm at the halfway point of Chapter 4. It's a great game, however, there's a noticeable flaw as the game progresses. As NQS mentioned, there's a lot of grinding in this game.
Back to top Go down
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime12th April 2015, 11:03 pm

I know I'm double-posting, but Bravely Second, the sequel to this game will be released in Japan within the next ten days! I'm not sure when the game will be released internationally. Guessing, it'll be released in English some time in late '15 or early '16.

Who here's excited about it? I'm currently on the fence until I know what the sequel will be like.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime12th April 2015, 11:19 pm

I'm pumped as heck.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 4:50 pm

Update time!

It's best if I simply just get everything I don't like about the game out first. I'm...not sure how I feel about this game. I'm only on Ch. 2 (I haven't had a lot of time to play games this year  Sad) and the game pretty much gives away a major spoiler because of D's journal. D's journal in general really annoys me because

Spoiler:

Then there is the battle system. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why I liked and disliked this system but then I realized that it was similar in ways to Final Fantasy X-2's battle system but personally it's not as fun to me. I think the battle system would have been a lot more entertaining if we were able to change to at least one other job class in battle. Finally, there is the grinding. I don't mind grinding if it's optional. It's not optional in BD. At all. I don't think I would mind the grinding if I found the battle system more enjoyable. At this point I think I'm just going to set the difficulty to easy so I can just breeze by and try to enjoy the story.

Now to the things I do like.

I like all the main characters which isn't something that I expected. Specifically Ringabel and Agnes. I saw pictures of Edea and thought she was so adorable and thought that she was going to be my favorite but Agnes's journey and character development is really interesting and has slowly been winning me over. I expected to dislike Ringabel since a reviewer on Amazon complained about him hitting on the girls and being somewhat of a pervert. That aspect of his character surprisingly doesn't bother me and I excited to see where his story arc goes 

Spoiler:

As far as Edea and Tiz, they're pretty okay. I like how Tiz doesn't overshadow Agnes in her own story and is always giving her words of encouragement. Edea is just...Edea. There isn't much for me to say. I like her but not as much as I thought I would.

Finally there is the story. I'm still confused as to where the story is actually headed as far as the chasm and the entire deal with the villains but I'm still early in the game so I'm sure more of the dots will start to connect together. While I do have some major issues with the game, it hasn't managed to effect my enjoyment of the story and looking forward to seeing where it all ends.

Last edited by Yunie on 25th May 2015, 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 8:21 pm

The game starts to really connect in the next couple chapters. In a way, this game reminds me more of FF3 in a sense of jobs, and a couple plot points.

Spoiler:

I honestly didn't mind Edea, it was Agnes who was really starting to get irritating for me.

The Job Point grinding does get better later on, as enemies drop more JP. Which helps a lot, because it can get really overwhelming in a game where you need to juggle around jobs for everyone.

Last edited by Moonlit Templar on 25th May 2015, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I expanded a bit on my post.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bravely Default Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default   Bravely Default I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bravely Default

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Star Garden :: Gamers Lounge-