The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Skyward Sword

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 8:34 pm

Who's ready for this epic game? I am!!!! I'm like super excited for the game. You have no idea. I found out there is 100+ hours of game play! People will never see me again....So what are you guys excited about?
I'm excited for the cut scenes and the story line. I'm also excited for the game play because I hoping the controls will be better than TP's Wii controls.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 9:37 pm

I am more excited for this game than I have been in quite some time. The LoZ is my favorite game series.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 12:48 am

So I have been very very very excited about this game. Especially since last months Game Informer magazine came out with Link on the cover and a huge nice 10+ page article about all the Zelda games leading up to Skyward Sword.

There are so many new aspects to the game play now. The AI of the baddies seem to be a bit more intelligent. The overworld is more like a giant dungeon in itself having puzzles and side things all along the way. From what I read, just trying to get to the dungeons, you are solving puzzle after puzzle or come against some obstacle. Everything is really indepth with this game. The article had me thrilled about the direction they are taking with this game. There are times I wish the Wii itself had better graphics capabilities because I think graphically this is going to be one of the most beautiful Zelda games yet and I can only imagine what it could have looked like if they had the power of the PS3 or Xb360. I wouldn't want it to lose its cartoon style quality, but just imagine playing it in 1080i HD. Srsly. Gasms.

Here is a trailer from Comic Con.

And here is a Boss gameplay Demo.

Except to see more from me in this thread. X3
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 9:27 am

I wasn't crazy about the cel shading. I loved WW and all, but I didn't like how bright it was. I loved how TP looked great and shading was a nice rich color, but after watching SS trailers I think the cel shading works better than the dark one. By looking at it think the light shadings fits the SS storyline better than the dark shading from TP.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 12:23 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I wasn't crazy about the cel shading. I loved WW and all, but I didn't like how bright it was. I loved how TP looked great and shading was a nice rich color, but after watching SS trailers I think the cel shading works better than the dark one. By looking at it think the light shadings fits the SS storyline better than the dark shading from TP.

I think it works to the advantage of them since the Wii is lacking in the graphic prowess of the other systems out there. The cel shaded look provides for some gorgeous graphics without needing a lot of power. Also, I read things in the distance look like a painting...its going to be gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 2:42 pm

I does look like a painting!! I have some SS wallpapers for my computer and the picture with the giant tree looks like it belongs in a painting?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime4th November 2011, 3:39 pm

16 days!!! >w
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime5th November 2011, 8:09 am

15 days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime5th November 2011, 9:09 am

Me!!!!! I just put more money towards my preorder yesterday. <3 I'm getting the collector's edition. I don't usually spend so much on video games, but this *is* Zelda, my obsession! <3
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th November 2011, 12:40 pm

Saw this on Tumblr Very Happy All credit goes to the artist.

Skyward Sword Tumblr12
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime19th November 2011, 1:02 pm

I saw it too. XD It comes out tonight! Yay!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime20th November 2011, 9:17 am

I was the first one to walk out of Gamestop with a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It came with a music CD, cool.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime20th November 2011, 12:28 pm

Both copies comes with the CD. Im so excited because I'm going to get it for Christmas! So any of you get the game and comments about the plot and such please mention spoilers! Smile
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime20th November 2011, 4:42 pm

I couldn't buy mine today, cos yay I'm broke. But I can't wait to get it. <3
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime20th November 2011, 5:05 pm

I feel like a tard.

I teared up when I started watching the opening story.
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime20th November 2011, 6:05 pm

Ugh, I also couldn't buy mine today, but I'll get it tomorrow. Instead I celebrated a but by watching some cool stuff about it on my wii channel thingy. Can't wait till tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime21st November 2011, 2:28 pm

HootieMcMints wrote:
I feel like a tard.

I teared up when I started watching the opening story.

Really? Because i thought the opening cinematic was kinda of...disappointing. I liked Windwaker's opening better compared to this one (and it was done is a sort of similar style).
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime22nd November 2011, 6:39 am

^I agree. It wasn't as epic but I like the gamelplay. I'm already stuck :lolz: Faron woods temple xD
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime22nd November 2011, 9:47 am

Juuhachi wrote:
^I agree. It wasn't as epic but I like the gamelplay. I'm already stuck :lolz: Faron woods temple xD

Anything I speak about the game, review wise, may contain spoilers. I'll try to be as spoiler free as possible but I can't guarantee anything. ^^;

I haven't gotten to the temple yet (i didn't play at all yesterday). I think the only thing that's annoyed me so far is the dated character interaction and the fact that there is so much of it at the beginning. Also some of the dialogue is written...odd. I don't know how to describe it. It kinda bothered me a bit though with some of the beginning interaction with Zelda and her dad. Also, I'm not too fond of the bird flying. It took me quite some time to get used to it. I'm still not really used to it. I think I would have preferred to control the direction of the bird with the joystick on the nunchuck rather than the motion control of the wii remote.

I am enjoying everything else though. Especially once I got to the surface. Oh yes, that's super fun. I love all the puzzles and the fighting so far (though it kinda is annoying that the wooden shield breaks so easily, i can't wait to upgrade the damn thing).

I don't want to give a full on opinion of the game until I've gone through the first temple though. I think its kinda ridiculous to give the game a 10/10 that some of the other game reviewers have been giving it, but I guess I'll save my number givings until I beat the game. It just seems not to be a perfect 10/10 to me and magazines like Game Informer giving it a 10/10. I don't always trust their reviews. I like to think they are often paid off for some games or maybe they were scared of the backlash from the Zelda fanboys/girls if they gave it anything less. XD
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime22nd November 2011, 8:08 pm

It wasn't the opening that did it for me. It was the flood of memories that came back. I have played every Zelda game out there except for the CDi games and I've heard were terrible. Skyward sword was such a long wait for me, and to turn it on for the first time made me realize I was playing it alone. I always had my mom there to navigate for me and now I don't. It made me remember the long nights we stayed up til 3am playing LTTP. The Zelda series just carries very emotional memories for me.

Possible spoilers below, so I'll hide it for you.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime22nd November 2011, 10:25 pm

HootieMcMints wrote:
It wasn't the opening that did it for me. It was the flood of memories that came back. I have played every Zelda game out there except for the CDi games and I've heard were terrible. Skyward sword was such a long wait for me, and to turn it on for the first time made me realize I was playing it alone. I always had my mom there to navigate for me and now I don't. It made me remember the long nights we stayed up til 3am playing LTTP. The Zelda series just carries very emotional memories for me.

Possible spoilers below, so I'll hide it for you.
Spoiler:

Oh well that makes a lot more sense. You should have said so in the first place! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

Title : Hierophant Princess

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime23rd November 2011, 7:51 am

Oh my god, I am loving this game so muuuuch~ <3
Back to top Go down
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime29th November 2011, 2:12 pm

My preorder finally came in the mail! I'd be really excited if I weren't already a full day behind in work!

Did anyone else spring for the gold remote? I needed a Wii motion plus remote anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime29th November 2011, 9:00 pm

Plum wrote:
My preorder finally came in the mail! I'd be really excited if I weren't already a full day behind in work!

Did anyone else spring for the gold remote? I needed a Wii motion plus remote anyway.

I did just because i didn't have Wii Motion plus either. ^^ I love the soundtrack that comes with the game, though I wish they had done music from the older Zelda games like Link to the Past and such.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime30th November 2011, 5:49 am

Nah, I had two Wii Motion Plus Remotes, anyway. Also, I pre-ordered the game so early that there was no option for a golden remote. ^.^ I finished the first temple yesterday. Yay! But, I missed a heart container... Nay -.-
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime30th November 2011, 1:15 pm

Sailor Venus wrote:
Nah, I had two Wii Motion Plus Remotes, anyway. Also, I pre-ordered the game so early that there was no option for a golden remote. ^.^ I finished the first temple yesterday. Yay! But, I missed a heart container... Nay -.-

Don't worry you get two more chances because Nintendo decided to recycle temples in this game and you go back to them around 3 times each!

One of the main reasons I really disliked Phantom Hourglass was the fact that you had to do that. Now in this game, insteda of making several temples, Nintendo decided to only have three and you go back to them at least 3 times each. They change a little bit each time with new enemies to kill, but i dunno. I feel like its lazy game development. :/
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime7th December 2011, 11:38 am

I think that it is hilarious that the black birds can poo on you.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime7th December 2011, 11:40 am

^^ Yeah! I thought that was funny too. It was little things liked that that I did like about the game. Unfortunately, my sensor bar got chewed through by one of the cats so i can't play any wii games right now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime3rd January 2012, 9:55 am

The Imprisoned has got to be one of the weirdest bosses I have seen.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime3rd January 2012, 10:28 am

Haha, my BF showed me a picture of the Imprisoned. I named it Jaws. It's become an inside joke. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyward Sword   Skyward Sword I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyward Sword

View previous topic View next topic Back to top