The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today Empty
PostSubject: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime5th August 2014, 1:29 pm

Sailor Jupiter's new English voice actor Amanda Miller posted this on Tumblr last month about how the show affected her, and since I don't remember seeing it anywhere on the forums, Here it is .

I love it when people really enjoy the characters they play. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime5th August 2014, 1:59 pm

That was a great read! Thanks for sharing it.

I feel like Sailor Moon had a similar impact on a lot of young viewers. For me, it was one of the only shows that featured girls actually being friends. There wasn't just one Sailor Scout. It was a whole team of girls that worked together, who all had something that made them individual from the rest. Sailor Moon was a nice break from the sausage fests of other shows I watched. It taught me that my friendship with other women is just as valuable as the ones I have with men.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime12th September 2014, 7:55 pm

That was a great read! That's why I love Sailor Jupiter. She seems to have a very tough exterior and not to be thought of as a very beautiful woman but she's pretty and sweet and has very cute traits about her, traits that most people wouldn't know by looking at her. She's a caring, kind person at heart and I love her for that. 

And so true about breaking the mold. You don't have to be 100 percent stereotypical woman or man. You can be your own person. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime12th September 2014, 11:56 pm

Sailor CJ wrote:

I feel like Sailor Moon had a similar impact on a lot of young viewers. For me, it was one of the only shows that featured girls actually being friends. There wasn't just one Sailor Scout. It was a whole team of girls that worked together, who all had something that made them individual from the rest. Sailor Moon was a nice break from the sausage fests of other shows I watched. It taught me that my friendship with other women is just as valuable as the ones I have with men.
That's also what really drove me into being a Sailor Moon fan in the first place.  Almost every other superhero cartoon on American TV at the time just had mostly lead male superhero characters and it's still mostly like this today unfortunately.  Even when they had female superheros, they were always either portrayed as having weaker powers than the guys or if they were actually powerful, they barely got any screentime.  I think about the only other superhero cartoon on at the time that was as diverse as Sailor Moon was the 90s X-men cartoon though even that show tended to favor characters like Cyclops and Wolverine over the females.  Sailor Moon was different because it showed girls could be stronger than guys and I loved that the girls rescued the guys instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime13th September 2014, 5:34 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
Sailor CJ wrote:

That's also what really drove me into being a Sailor Moon fan in the first place.  Almost every other superhero cartoon on American TV at the time just had mostly lead male superhero characters and it's still mostly like this today unfortunately.  Even when they had female superheros, they were always either portrayed as having weaker powers than the guys or if they were actually powerful, they barely got any screentime.  I think about the only other superhero cartoon on at the time that was as diverse as Sailor Moon was the 90s X-men cartoon though even that show tended to favor characters like Cyclops and Wolverine over the females.  Sailor Moon was different because it showed girls could be stronger than guys and I loved that the girls rescued the guys instead of the other way around.

X-men the Animated Series was awesome. I'm obsessed with that show. The real great thing about that series was that it was so real. None of the storylines were dumbed down for "young" viewers. They tackled deep issues and I loved that. Sailor Moon did the same. They spoke of friendship, death, love, power and did it tastefully.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime13th September 2014, 10:32 am

X-men TAS also had a lot of strong empowered female heriones like Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, and even villains like Mystique.  The villains also seemed more morally ambiguous and complex than your typical Saturday morning cartoon villains.  Now I suddenly want to watch X-men TAS again.
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime13th September 2014, 2:57 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
X-men TAS also had a lot of strong empowered female heriones like Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, and even villains like Mystique.  The villains also seemed more morally ambiguous and complex than your typical Saturday morning cartoon villains.  Now I suddenly want to watch X-men TAS again.

Yes! And luckily I bought the whole series when it first came out on DVD. Out of order but still good!
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 6:06 pm

I remember that! It's really touching and inspiring! How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today 868675979
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 6:13 pm

Sailor Jupiter inspires girls to take on who they are and don't limit themselves based on gender roles or stereotypes. I admire her the most of any senshi, except for Mercury I also admire. She and Mercury are athletic or likes to compete in attempt to win, while Jupiter is more open about what she thinks and never afraid to express her opinions (I'm pretty close in these traits myself).

The previous voice actor, Susan Roman, gave Makoto/Jupiter a more "boyish" vocal sound...what about Amanda Miller? I'm gonna check out Makoto/Jupiter's new voice and if it matches her alpha personality. Then again, we shouldn't assume the senshi by the way they look or sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today   How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Sailor Jupiter Made Me Who I Am Today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top