The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Who is Queen Serenity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Theory: Who is Queen Serenity? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory: Who is Queen Serenity?   Theory: Who is Queen Serenity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd January 2013, 2:21 pm

Quote :
think the mystery behind Queen Serenity's origin is very simple. Since Sailor Moon is based on Greek mythology and Queen Serenity mentioning that she's the reincarnation of the moon goddess Selene it is obvious that she's not from the moon. It could be that she came from Mount Olympus where all the Greek gods and goddesses use to live. But then again how could Princess Serenity has the same fate of the moon goddess Selene? In Greek mythology Selene falls in love with a man from Earth called Endymion and for that Zeus punished them both by putting Endymion into eternal sleep so that Selene won't sneak to earth and leave her duties. I think maybe when she was reincarnated she was rid off that feeling and memory of her Love to Endymion and served her duties the way she was always supposed to do. When Princess Serenity was born from the Cauldron that part of the Moon goddess was born in her and because of the love she had for Endymion, he also was reborn. That love of hers being transformed into Princess Serenity makes it easy for Queen Serenity not to leave her duties and still be with her beloved Endymion. When the moon kingdom was attacked she didn't care to die as long as that precious part of hers lives on and once again to be reincarnated in a different time on Earth in hope that it will finally have a happy and peaceful life.

Sailor Moon is based on Greek Mythology but not exclusively, there is also a mixture of Japanese and Roman as well as others that come in later, which is what I think muddies that theory. It seems that a Princess of the Moon who comes from an Ancient Moon Kingdom is reminiscent from the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, due to the fact that it's directly brought up eventually in all four canons in some way, it is probably a key source origin. Though Chronos, Aphrodite and Selene are mentioned, your theory holds for Pluto being a daughter of Chronos, but it is not clear if she is speaking figuratively when she talks about that. The Selene and Endymion is clearly part of the story but because Naoko is mixing so many different things together, I think its a bit too much of a stretch to lay the background of Sailor Moon onto a single thing. Naoko's style is to mix a variety of ideas from a variety of sources and to somehow pull them together into one without seeming to contradict herself, I've never actually seen this done by anyone else as well as her (with the exception of Junya Saiki), the other issue is that there is a law that Moon and Earth people were not to mix and that the Moon was there to watch the progress of the Earth (again reminiscent of the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter), if Queen Serenity came from Mount Olympus, wouldn't that make her technically a resident of the Earth? It's implied in the manga she is from somewhere very far away. I'm sorry, but I just think that I'm sure that some of your theory is part of it but its unlikely to be as simple and complete as that
Back to top Go down

Theory: Who is Queen Serenity?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top