The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Help finding references

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

Help finding references Empty
PostSubject: Help finding references   Help finding references I_icon_minitime11th July 2014, 8:33 am

Hello. I'm putting all this in one thread since these are little questions and I feel it would be better to just bunch them up in one thread.

So in looking through the SM wiki, and working on putting a copy of my headcanon stuff on LJ, I ran into some issues. I know facts about canon are mixed up for various reasons, differing from manga to the first Japanese anime, and in the English dubbed anime, and even varying in what were, from what I understand, not so good manga translations, and even more media. And then there is fanon of course. So sometimes I am confused as to where certain ideas come from or whether they are interpretations, etc.

Example: I looked up "Silver Millennium" on the SM wiki. I found out that the name was primary used in the manga to refer to the entity of the Moon Kingdom. There doesn't seem to be mention of it being used to refer to a period of time. But the English dub said it was 1000 years ago.

I had thought the term was used for both a period of time that corresponded to a golden age and to refer to the kingdom itself. Perhaps I had presumed that it was also used to refer to a period of time when I first watched the show. I don't know.

And knowing that was apparently NOT the case makes my head hurt of course because "millennium" cannot be used that way. All definitions of "millennium" refer to a stretch of time, and cannot be used to refer to a political entity such as a kingdom. I don't know if that was a translation error or what, but as it stands that would be a grammatical error entirely. But no matter what, what I thought was correct wasn't correct, and I hate that.

So I need help answering some stuff. For example: I know there's the idea that the Senshi might have been born just to protect Princess Serenity. Lines from the manga such as Pluto saying the castles were given to all the Senshi by Queen Serenity at birth sort of feed into that I suppose.

But are there actually other points in other forms of canon that add to this? Is this just an idea/interpretation by fans? What caused it? I want to know where this might have come from.

Also, was there any depictions of civilians on the Moon in the past? I know there was ONE reference near the end of the Sailor V manga (when it was being connected to Sailor Moon) about civilians on Venus, but what about the Moon? Were there even any depictions in the background? The anime had at least one shot of people ice skating on the Moon.

And what of these castles of the princesses? Were they ever shown to have anyone inside them?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Shinwa
Star Seed

Shinwa

Star Seed

Help finding references Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help finding references   Help finding references I_icon_minitime23rd August 2014, 10:25 pm

The "Millennium" in Silver Millennium would more likely mean "a period of universal happiness, peace or prosperity" or "a utopia" (look on Wiktionary). I believe that the 30th century is also called Silver Millennium, but don't quote me on that. I could refer to the entire kingdom of the past, but I don't really know.

Apparently, the past life mothers of the Guardian Soldiers (that is Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus) are seen in one panel in the Dream Arc of the BSSM manga - don't quote me, I do want to see a scan of that if it is true. In the anime, there would be civilians on the moon (personally, I imagine Naru, Umino, Mokoti, Ikuko, Kenji, Minako-papa, Minako-mama, and some others [not Ryou or Yuuichirou, not even Rei's grandpa or the birthparents of any of the Soldiers {including Mamoru}]), if there are civilians on the planet Venus then one could infer that there are civilians on Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and the Moon - I'm not sure about Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, or Saturn. I would like to see the Venusian civilians if anyone has scans of them.

The castles are all named, even Serenity's castle (known as Moon Castle in Japanese), but only four are shown in total - Moon Castle and three others.
Back to top Go down
http://shinwa-tsuki.deviantart.com/

Help finding references

View previous topic View next topic Back to top