The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium Empty
PostSubject: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 12:36 pm

After reading so many of Phantom53's legends and theories about the Silver Millennium, I felt kind of inspired to try my own hand at something similar. The stories/tales/legends I plan to post here are my personal thoughts on what might have happened during the Silver Millennium before it was destroyed, but I think I'll put more focus on the senshi themselves and the people around them, including the senshi that inevitably came before the ones we know.

I don't plan on each story being very long either, as they're just snippets of a much larger history. I'll make a separate post when the first one is done, starting with Jupiter, since I think that's the most fleshed out part so far. I'm still piecing together ideas for the other planets.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 3:06 pm

Jupiter I -Origins

On planet Jupiter, they say that their greatest power, the Jupiter Crystal was given to them by the planet's spirit. It was simply called the Thunder God, as it was rumored to take many forms. Sometimes it was a wild stallion, galloping across the starry fields and making thunder with its hooves. Sometimes it was a fierce warrior, summoning sparks with a great iron hammer. And sometimes it was a bearded king, ruling both the green forests and the stormy skies with a passionate heart. 

The Thunder God gifted a young maiden with a shining green stone, telling her it possessed the strength of the planet itself and would bring prosperity to all Jovians. And so she became the stone's guardian and the Thunder God's favored child. For years, she lived in a temple surrounded by a thick woods, where people visited from far and wide to ask for advice and see the Jupiter Crystal.

But one day, evil eventually rose to try and claim the power the maiden possessed, and so she asked the Thunder God for help. It responded by looking to the moons of Jupiter, and from the closest four took the crystals from them and gave their power to four brave heroes.

"Just as you four moons orbit Jupiter the closest, I now give you the task of protecting the planet's very heart," the Thunder God declared. "I name you four guardians Io, Ganymede, Europa, and Callisto." And with the help of the Moon Quartet, the Jupiter Crystal was well protected and evil was repelled from the maiden's temple.

Years passed in peace before something unexpected happened to the maiden. She had somehow become pregnant despite claiming to have no partner. Her four guards vouched for her honor, and so the only conclusion the people could come up with was that the Jupiter Crystal had given her an heir after being exposed to it for so long. When the child was born, she called him Sagittarius, the name of the Thunder God's horse form. When he grew older, he was hailed as the Blood of Storms, son of Jupiter itself, and given the title of king.  

From then on, the rulers of Jupiter were determined by bloodline. Only one directly linked to the Thunder God in blood could lead. After Sagittarius were many strong kings and queens, but they never forgot the maiden who held the Jupiter Crystal. The original woman died of old age, and they at first thought that the crystal disappeared alongside her, but another child was born and within the baby girl the crystal reappeared just as powerful as before. And when the guardian moons died they also reincarnated, following their maiden's treasure.

As the ages went by and the maiden died and was reborn too many times to count, she slowly changed into a warrior and protected the royal line and the planet actively. She roamed the lands with her guardian four, calling lightning down toe strike her foes and commanding the plants to restrain them. The people cheered and loved the warrior, and called her Sailor Jupiter. The royal family made a tradition of incorporating their Sailor Guardian into their family regardless of their social status, either letting them marry in or adopting them as a child. This way, the Jovian people would always have confidence in their ruler's strength.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Leto
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime10th July 2014, 4:56 pm

Nice job Smile
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime19th August 2014, 11:28 am

Thank you!

This next one is a continuation of Jupiter, skipping ahead to a time a decade or so (In Earth years) before the Silver Millennium ended. After this I'll work on Mercury's origin since I'm pretty much done planning that out.

Oh, and this Sailor Jupiter is not the current one, but the person before her.

Jupiter II - The Soldier of Protection

Above Castle Sagittarius, a massive space ship descended from the thick Jovian atmosphere. The ship was of sleek green and white metal, a standard model for inter solar system transport, and on the sides it was labelled SMJ Zeus. As the ship prepared to make a landing in the courtyard, a small group of soldiers, led by a more decorated looking one, came out of the castle to meet it. The Zeus docked successfully and the castle servants worked on securing and unloading the ship. The large doors folded open to create ramp, and the crew disembarked. Following behind the captain was a young woman in a green and white sailor suit, bits of leather and metal armor covering some of the exposed skin.

The people native to Jupiter had a certain look to them, all of them naturally being taller that the people of other Inner planets. They started out rather similar in size, but Jovians quickly outpaced offworlders in height and weight during adolescence, and they stopped growing around age 25. The height norm for women was at least 6 feet tall by adulthood, and men tended to get close to 7 feet, with 8 feet and 4 inches being the record. Their hair colors varied between shades of tree leaves, from bright red, to a lighter orange, to dirty blond and even brown. A less common green was also found at times. Their eyes were either blue, green, or hazel in general.

This particular woman was a few inches over 6 feet in height, with long, dark red hair that was kept loose in the back. A sharp set of bangs hung over her golden tiara with a green jewel in the center. Her eyes were a much darker shade of green, with a hard and unforgiving look to them. The lead soldier continued on to greet her while the rest waited at attention.

"Lady Jupiter," the soldier said, bowing quickly before standing again. "His Majesty wishes to see you at once. He is quite...upset." This one was shorter and looked more like a teenager, standing at around 5 and a half feet. Her outfit consisted of orange and white armor covering a white tunic and skirt. An orange war helmet with built in headphones covered most of her short, straight hair the same red color as Sailor Jupiter's. Her eyes were another shade of green, this one far lighter. The two Sailor Senshi walked up the path towards the castle, the soldiers flanking them.

"What are his complaints this time, Io?" Sailor Jupiter asked.

"Oh, the usual," she said. "He doesn't like it when you leave the planet, he claims it weakens Jupiter's defenses whenever you are called for at the Moon Kingdom." Io looked annoyed. "And for once, our king is right. We send our best warriors with you to give a good impression to Queen Serenity, and that does take a toll on our own army. If something decided to attack while you were away, I'm not sure how we'd fare." Sailor Jupiter sighed as they entered the castle gates proper.

"I can't just abandon my post as the Queen's guard, it would ruin our relationship and standing in the Silver Millennium. Queen Serenity is a kind leader, and she has given us better trading routes and other goods in return for our service. I see no reason for us to break away now. And besides...." Jupiter put a hand on Io's shoulder. "I have my own four Generals to make sure the planet is secure. Aren't you confident in your own skills, little sister?" Sailor Io looked away and blushed slightly.

"Yes, well...I'll go tell the others you're back." she slipped away from the others and went down a different hall before disappearing from sight. Sailor Jupiter smiled as she continued on to the throne room, happy that she could still embarrass her younger sibling even now. When she finally arrived, the king was patiently waiting for her.

His height easily put him head and shoulders above her, and even in his formal clothing his muscles were still visible. He wore a white toga accented with green cloth, and on top of that was polished metal armor. His chest plate had an image of an oak tree pounded into it, and his green cape was attached to his shoulders with metal talons that looked like an eagle's. His crown was twisted iron and bronze made to look like thorns and roses, the petals made of cut emeralds, and rested over his dark brown, curly hair.

"Presenting King Zeus the Third, Ruler of Jupiter and all of it's moons, Descendant of the Blood of Thunder!"

"Your Majesty..." Sailor Jupiter dropped to one knee before him, the soldiers behind her falling into a deeper bow.

"You may stand," Zeus said. "...Lady Jupiter, I want you to take a walk with me. The rest of you are dismissed." They moved in silence, with only the sound of their boots on tile accompanying them. He led her outside again, this time to a smaller garden within the castle walls. It was like an out of control greenhouse, with a grove of mighty trees towering above them. Light filtered through their branches to reach the blooming flowers and bushes that lined the cobblestone pathways. Fresh fruit hung from the branches, and the whole area had a calming aroma. Jupiter wasn't much of a plant lover, but even she could recognize this place's beauty.

"Her Majesty has been working on her private garden, I see," she said. The king gave a small smile. 

"Alkmene has been very focused on it ever since Ersa took interest."

"Really? I thought the princess wanted to be a senshi?"

"Are you saying my daughter can't be a warrior and a gardener at the same time? Don't let her hear you..." He laughed loudly before sobering again. "But what I really wanted to discuss was our security. The outer moon troops have been reporting strange energy readings around our borders, and some of our scouts have run into unidentifiable ships while doing routine patrols. I've sent out messages to Saturn and beyond to see if they've also had these encounters, but there haven't been any reports back." Jupiter nodded.

"I'll ask the Generals to get all the reports, and then we'll start an investigation." If these weren't isolated incidents, then the Moon would need to hear about this too. Sounds of yelling and laughing were coming from a small clearing up ahead. When they reached it, Sailor Jupiter could see a young boy and girl play fighting.

The boy was older and a few inches taller, with short blonde hair and the same blue eyes as the king. He was focused on swinging a toy club at a stuffed animal that looked like a dragon. The girl with him had longer brown hair and emerald green eyes, and had a carved wooden mallet that looked like it had been snuck out of the training barracks.

"Is Herakles still planned to be your heir?" Jupiter asked, watching the boy.

"I haven't named him yet, but at the moment, yes. I see no reason to break succession order now. He's a smart boy, and willing to listen and learn. Ersa has the heart, but needs a little more patience. But she's still young, and I'm sure she'll grow out of it."

And for now, I'll leave this here. I'll go back to this and add another section for Jupiter when Mercury's prologue is done and I have a little more time.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime19th August 2014, 3:13 pm

Mercury I- Origins

On Mercury, legends speak of their greatest possession, the Mercury Crystal. This fabled blue jewel held the soul of their small, harsh planet, and it gave their civilization life long ago. Ancient records claim that it was originally given to the people by something divine, a spirit called the Frozen One. Like the Thunder God, the Frozen One had no true form, only the one it decided to appear as. Sometimes it was a winding, clever dragon, snaking through the pale grey skies like a living river. Sometimes it was ice itself, harsh and unrelenting as it burned the unprepared with frost. And sometimes it was a virgin, as pure and as innocent as newly fallen snow.

Before the Mercury Crystal was gifted, the people lived a far harder life. The planet spun so quickly that days and nights went by in a flash, and the temperature jumped and sank with it. Half the time it was freezing cold, with raging blizzards blanketing the ground with ice. And the other half was boiling hot, the rays of the Sun cooking the planet until it was dry and dead. In this environment, only the strongest creatures survived, and they also happened to be the most dangerous. Huge bears and dire wolves roamed the lands, hunting herds of antlered beasts and mammoths, and sometimes Mercurians who strayed too far from their small clans.

One fateful day, a single maiden had a dream. The vision was vague and filled with ice and abstract things, but when she woke again, she knew that she had to go on a journey. Her home clan was afraid for her, worried that the monsters and weather would kill her before she could return, but she insisted, and so they helped her prepare as best they could. Alone, she traveled through the snow and the heat for days on end, following the strange footsteps left behind by the Frozen One to guide her. Eventually she reached one of the poles, the only places on Mercury that are constantly frozen. They were considered sacred places, where one was closest to their god and their possible death.

At the very center of the pole, the Frozen One appeared, and handed her the Mercury Crystal.

"Take this power and guard this planet and its people with your life. With it, you may find a pathway to less suffering." And with those words, it vanished. As the maiden returned to her clan's haven, she came up with a clever plan to complete the god's instructions. She gathered all the clans of Mercury that were still alive and for the first time called upon the Mercury Crystal. If the surface was too harsh to live on, then the people had to settle below it. With her new power, she started carving a massive hole in the ground, digging deeper and deeper. The others caught on and helped her with their own simple tools, and soon, an elaborate tunnel system was built. Underground, the temperature was steady and no predators lurked, making it perfect for building a real settlement. As a reward for her ingenuity, the Mercurians allowed the maiden to join their new council, a group of leaders who would oversee the construction of their new town. Over years and years the people flourished, their tunnels expanding and advancing in technology with the Mercury Crystal as its center.

As the maiden grew older, she took on an apprentice and taught them all the skills and wisdom she had learned during her life. And when she finally died, and the crystal disappeared, her apprentice helped the Mercurians in her place until she was once again reborn. This cycle of master and apprentice continued on for generations, and the civilization of Mercury continued to grow in intellect and innovation. Eternally marked with the power of the Frozen One, the person born with the Mercury Crystal became known as Sailor Mercury, guardian of the underground river labyrinths.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime19th August 2014, 6:35 pm

These are all so fascinating! I'm super excited for the Mars backstories Very Happy Update soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime19th August 2014, 7:47 pm

Thank you! I'm already working on an idea for Mars, so that should be up as soon as I work out the details. ^^
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime18th September 2014, 12:31 am

And finally done! I think I'll work on the second part for Mercury after this.

Mars I- Origins

On Mars, the people directly worship their planet's heart, the Mars Crystal. This shining red power was first spoken of in their historic texts long ago, in a time before their fragile peace. Before the Mars Crystal was brought to them, the Martians were at endless war, painting the planet's sand red with blood. Some fought for personal gain, while other fought to protect themselves, or to create order, but all fighting had the same end: death. This destructive loop carried on for what felt like eons, the people too consumed in the fires of war to ever search for a solution. But even as they slaughtered each other senselessly, the Martians still had a god they respected above their battles.

They called it the Burning, and it also had multiple forms. Sometimes it was a violent ram, horns poised to batter all who defied it. Sometimes it was a simple fire, showing the truth in its dancing shapes. And sometimes it was a blazing Phoenix, dying and living again for all eternity. The Burning was upset with the killing, and so it looked for a way to halt the wars. It went to seek the help of a maiden, and as she sat in her daily meditation, the temple’s fire pit burst to life and within it she saw the Burning. In her trance, it explained to her how she needed to call the Martian people together, for they now had a far larger problem to face. It showed her images of the half burnt dead rising from the ashes of their funeral pyres, their restless spirits craving blood to fuel their vengeance. Demons and monsters crawled from the earth, their shadows reaching out to steal the souls of the innocent.

"You must take this crystal as proof of my will, and use its power to form a single army," the Burning commanded. "Return the walking dead to ash before they burn all of Mars to black." She woke from her vision, and out of the fire rolled a glowing red stone, the Mars Crystal. With the crystal’s magic, she formed a massive phoenix shape in the sky with fire. The people saw this as a divine sign, and were drawn to the temple like moths. When all the Martians had gathered, the maiden spoke of her future glimpse and how it could be prevented if they all banded together.

The next month was filled with long, hard training, both for the maiden and the newly formed army, and at the end, they had become the army the Burning had spoken of. They stood in front of the temple at dawn, bows, catapults, and blades at the ready as the sun rose far off in the distance. The ground shook, then splintered, and then the corpses rose, half decayed and shambling. The shadows shifted, and the demons crept out, lying in wait. Unafraid, the maiden raised her own bow, and the Mars Crystal reacted, setting the tip ablaze. She released it into the undead crowd, and it exploded into an inferno. Spurred into a frenzy, the Martians charged straight into the flames and started their battle. The war for their planet lasted for what felt like years, and many were killed, but eventually, the enemy's advance slowed to a crawl. Soon the Martians had driven them deep into the darkest parts of the woods, and using the power of the Mars Crystal, sealed them away. Above the woods circled two ravens, watching over where the dead lurked.

Having been united under a single cause, the people realized that they were far more powerful together, and so they formed a great empire to keep their peace. The most respected warrior became their warlord, and he appointed the ones who faired the best in battle as his generals. As the empire expanded, the soldiers grew more civilized and honorable, focusing on traditions and social rules to keep the peace. The empire also helped fund a much larger temple in honor of the Burning and the chosen maiden. After the great battle, she started training others in magic and foresight, creating a large group of monks and mikos who could sense and drive off evil. The maiden took her place as head priestess of the temple, and the warlord consulted her for all supernatural occurances. When the head priestess died, her crystal was taken up by the student she considered most worthy of serving in her place. As the lines of masters and students grew endless, the wielder of the Mars Crystal became known as Sailor Mars, slayer of the risen and banisher of spirits.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime31st May 2015, 6:32 pm

Once again, this Sailor Mercury isn't Ami, but the one before her. Ami's past life is in this one though. ^^

Mercury II- The Soldier of Water

"Aippaq, wake up." Sailor Mercury watched as her apprentice shifted under the fur covers, pulling them farther over her head to better block out her voice. It was always impossible to get her out of bed, especially after a late night of looking over statistics. Nothing put a child to sleep like reviewing water reservoir levels. But if Aippaq wanted to become a councilor, she'd have to learn to do these things. "Come on, you've slept for nearly two sunrises." She heard a groan this time.

"Don't wanna..." Aippaq said. "Go away." Mercury fake sighed and pushed her long braid of white hair over her shoulder. Was she like this when she was younger? She couldn't really remember being that age anymore.

"Well, I guess I'll have to go see the surface without you while you sleep. Sorry for interrupting..." She made to leave the room, and heard a thump as something hit the stone floor. She turned to see her apprentice trying to untangle herself from her blankets, short blue hair slightly ruffled.

"Wait, don't leave yet!"

"It's nice of you to join me this day." Mercury said, smiling brightly. "Now go get dressed properly." Aippaq nodded and went off into another room, metal doors seamlessly sliding out from the stone walls to close behind her. All of the city of Virgo, capital of Mercury, was constructed as a fusion of electronics and bedrock, powered by flowing water and decorated with ice. Mercury's personal quarters were built into a cavern in the solid wall. It blended into the stone around it, but inside, computers and high tech equipment were installed, well hidden in the intentionally made nooks and crannies. 

Aippaq came back into the main room, now dressed in a white and blue long sleeved tunic that flowed into a long skirt that stopped at her knees. Underneath it, she wore thick, darker blue pants and a pair of insulated blue and white boots. She was shrugging on a thick white hooded coat with the symbol of Mercury sewn on the back.

"See? I'm ready!" she said, zipping her coat up. Sailor Mercury nodded and went to her desk, made of solid metal. She tapped out a message on the slim blue computer sitting on it, and hit a button on the desk's side. The computer folded itself and was lowered into the desk for safekeeping. 

"Let's go then." Mercury didn't bother putting on another layer over her fuku, besides a simple vest to hold her equipment. She didn't get cold easily, even in the harsh weather. The solid metal door to her living area slid open with a hiss, revealing all of Virgo nestled beneath them in a valley. It sat in a giant cavern carved hundreds of years ago by the Mercurian people, and water poured down from holes cut in the basin's sides, creating waterfalls that fell into multiple trenches. The trenches spiraled around Virgo until it reached the center, where it was pored into a huge statue of a dragon carved in ice. The water fell through the dragon's open jaws into a bowl that held the city's water supply. 

The city itself started off with smaller stone houses at the edges, but further in the buildings grew taller, and were often coated in ice as well. Within the ice were a series of water channels and wheels that generated power. Some of the tallest buildings touched the cave ceiling as well as the floor, and were often translucent. Electronic lights and signs lit the cave with a blue glow. 

Mercury and Aippaq took an outdoor tube elevator down to the bottom, and then boarded a slim monorail train, built to transport a very limited amount of people. A short while later, they entered the market and suburbs of the city. The stone brick houses were different colors, depending on the rock used to construct them, and precious gems were used as decoration, glinting in the light supplied by torches and florescent lighting. A few shops were open, selling electronic parts, along with open air bars advertising hot food and drink.

"Eir, long time no see!" someone exclaimed, grabbing Mercury's attention. Aippaq looked up too, curious. She never heard people call her teacher by her actual name much. She forgot she had one sometimes. A slightly taller, dark blue haired man was waving at them from behind the wooden and stone counter of a food stall. Even with half of his body hidden from sight, Aippaq could still tell that he had a stout, muscular build. Most Mercurians weren't very tall, and tended to be slimmer in terms of muscles, but he had clearly been doing some physical labor for a long time. Aippaq guessed that he had been a hunter at one point in his life. Running around in the deep snow with a heavy pack of supplies as you chased down animals and dug around for plants was probably a workout.

"Tekkeit!" Mercury said, smiling and walking over to see him. She had never seen her master look at someone like that either, just what was going on? Aippaq followed her, getting onto a stool so she could see better. "It has been a long while. I had no idea you ran a booth. What happened to your old job?"

"Well, I've been on the supply run team for years, and I think I just needed a change of pace. I've seen enough snow to last me a lifetime! Not to mention the cold out there...A few others in my group decided they were sick of it too, so we pooled our money together and opened this place." He ran his hand over the granite counter top of the bar, and then noticed Aippaq. "And who is this? She the apprentice I've been hearing about, the one you're training?" 

"Yes, this is Aippaq," Mercury said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "She's doing a very good job helping me out." Aippaq blushed at the compliment, but fought the urge to hide behind something. She couldn't act like a child after her master had just said that!

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss," Tekkeit said, smiling at her. Aippaq tentatively smiled back. After staying for a short while to enjoy a courtesy round of cooked meat, most likely a kind of antlered beast by the taste of it, and warm bread with tea, Mercury and Aippaq said their farewells to Tekkeit and continued through the city. 

"Teacher...?" she asked as they entered the center of Virgo.

"Hm?"

"How do you and Mr. Tekkeit know each other?" Mercury paused for a moment before responding, but that pause was all Aippaq needed to hear to know that this was somewhat personal. 

"He and I used to be in training together, before I became an apprentice for the title of Guardian of Mercury," she said.

"You were going to be on the Supply Team?" Aippaq couldn't really imagine Mercury going out on dangerous missions on the surface for days at a time.

"Yes, I was considering it at one time, but I had to switch training regimes when I was selected for this job. Tekkeit and I still kept in touch though."

"Oh, so you're just friends?" Mercury's eyes widened at the statement.

"Y-yes, we are. What did you think we were?" Mercury asked.

"You act a little different around him, so I thought you were partners at one point." Aippaq said. If she were still drinking her tea from earlier, Mercury would have done a spit-take all over the pathway. Instead, her face reddened significantly. 

"No, of course not!" she sputtered. 

"Then you haven't spoken to him about your feelings yet, I get it now."

"Aippaq!" A few people passing by turned to look at them, and Mercury lowered her voice. "I know this is strange for me to say, but...try not to over analyze things, please. You're a bit too insightful for me to handle sometimes..."

"If you say so..." Aippaq stifled a laugh, but stayed quiet for the rest of the trip to give her teacher some time to recompose herself. After reaching the outskirts of Virgo, Aippaq could see the solid metal gates that blocked the tunnel that led to the outer world. A pair of guards manned the station that had the gate's controls. 

The guards were dressed in more formal uniforms that were mostly deep blue in color. Their hairstyles were cut short, and they were each armed with daggers and a two pronged spear. Aippaq knew from her lessons that the spears were nonlethal stunning devices, but the guards that protected the final barrier at the tunnel's end had deadlier tools. Mercury led her over to the station, and the two guards seemed to act extra alert for her.

"Councilor Mercury," one addressed her. "What brings you to the gates?"

"I need to perform maintenance on some of the timekeeping devices outside," she said. "And my Apprentice is coming with me." The guard nodded. 

"I apologize for wasting your time, but...just to follow the proper procedure, we're going to need your identifications." After Mercury handed over both of their ID cards, the second guard scanned them with her computer, and gave them back. "We'll get the gates open in a few moments..."

Mercury and Aippaq stood back and watched as a lever was pulled, and a low grinding sound echoed throught he area. The massive steel doors jerked, and slowly slid apart, revealing the large stone and ice tunnel that curved around a bend in the distance. The doors disappeared into the cave walls, and Aippaq coughed as the stale air from inside the tunnel hit her. 

"We'll send a message to the outer gate to warn them you're coming, Councilor," the first guard said. After she thanked them, Mercury led her into the tunnel, and the gates slowly shut behind them. The tunnel itself was lit with pale blue lights inter-spaced in a way that just barely stopped any large shadows from forming. A few cameras were placed at each bend as well, most likely hooked up to the computer back at the station. 

After a near silent 15 minute walk, they reached a stronger light source: the second station at the Outer Gate. Unlike the relatively clean first one, the Outer gate was frosted over in places, and rusted in others, having been worn down by the unyielding outside world. It had yet to break though, no matter how many times it had frozen over, or animals had attacked it. Or at least that's what all the books and stories said. 

Just as she had expected, a second set of guards was waiting. These guards were wearing thick coats and metal and plastic face masks, however, and the station itself was a larger building. After she and Mercury were close enough for them to clearly identify, the guards relaxed their spears and approached them. 

"You're here for maintenance checking, correct?" one asked. Mercury nodded. 

"I'll need to borrow a face mask and coat, if that's not a problem," she said. He nodded, and led them towards their base. Another guard helped strap Aippaq's mask on, and activated the heating device in her thicker coat. He then handed Mercury a wristband with a screen on it. 

"Radio the station when you're coming back so we can open the gates faster," he said. "It takes a while for the engines to kick in." And for the secodn time that day, she watched a set of metal doors slide open. This one was far more intimidating though, as freezing air blasted in through the widening crack. For a moment, all she could see was white, and then her goggles adjusted and she could tell it was just snowing extremely hard. In the distance, there were mountains and frozen forests, and the sky was a dark grey. Aippaq stumbled after Mercury when she realized that she was being left behind. 

"This is amazing!" she said, lifting her feet higher to get through the drifts. Her voice was distorted behind the mask that warmed the air she breathed in. Mercury laughed. 

"This is the surface, during the cold time at least," she said, raising her voice over the wind. The gates had finally shut, the cave entrance marked by he symbol of Mercury. "Try no to sink in, we're only going a little farther out. You see that metal shaft over there?" Aippaq squinted behind her goggles. 

"Yes, I think so..."

"That's one of the sensors I need to check on. It sends data to the city to determine what time it is, and what the weather conditions are. They get frozen over or overheated after a while and need tuning though. Aippaq's eyes lit up.

"Can I help?"

"That's what I brought you out here for."

"Yes!" She ran to catch up, kicking snow into the air. In the distance, a direwolf howled from the depths of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 10:47 pm

Because I never gave legitimate comments on each tale, I'm going to do that now Smile

Jupiter I - I really love what you did with the four moons of Jupiter becoming guardians! This is a recurring theme with you and I always really enjoy it ^^ I also love what you did with the reincarnations. It's nice that no matter how many times they die, Jupiter and her guardians will always be together again.

Jupiter II - I can't get enough of the relationship between Jupiter and her senshi. It seems like they're all very close and I love that Smile Also, you are great at giving details! What you did with the descriptions of Jovian people was really neat, and I had a good image of what Zeus looked like in my mind when I read his description. Since you said the Jupiter in this tale was the one directly before the Jupiter we all know and love, I'm going to take a guess that the little girl in this story is the next Jupiter. She fits the description, but I'm not sure whether or not the current Jupiter has to die before a new one can be born.

Mercury I - I actually never thought of the Mercurian lifestyle being as difficult as you described. But the way you explained it actually made a wholeeee lot of sense. I always assumed the Mercurians lived in an advanced society where they could control their weather and things like that - I never even considered how it got to be that way. I love the way you pulled all of it together Smile

Mars I - What you did with the sand was SO COOL! The whole 'blood staining the sand red' thing was super smart of you Smile Reading about the dead rising in order to get their vengeance gave me chills, but that was also really neat! It seems like a realistic possibility, given how people were dying at the time. I also love the little piece about the ravens! It was nice seeing how the Martians came together at the end and built their empire Smile

Mercury II - This whole story was adorable! I'm guessing the Mercury we all know and love is the little apprentice xD I tried looking up meanings behind the names you used, but came up empty-handed. Anyway, I love the descriptions you gave for the way Virgo looked (also love the name!). You made little Aippaq so smart and intuitive, it made me giggle. This story was super cute and I enjoyed reading it.

The best thing about you as an author is that you don't leave any stones unturned. Every single detail is thought out, and everything makes sense. You're the type of writer who makes it so that your readers have to pay attention to every single detail, because there is a purpose behind everything you write. I love all of the little things I catch while reading these Smile I look forward to more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium   Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before the Dark Kingdom-Tales of the Silver Millenium

View previous topic View next topic Back to top