The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! Empty
PostSubject: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime4th July 2014, 9:49 am

Hello Hello~

So I have finally set up my shop on Etsy! It's called EccentricPenguin!!! I sell things made out of Perler Beads, small multi colored tubular shaped beads that get put on a pegboard in a pattern and then melted with an iron!! I mostly do Sailor Moon ones at the moment, but I have done others! (Some from Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon, Madoka Magica, etc etc!) I don't have tooooo many listed right now since I'm still getting the hang of it! But I do take commissions! So if you check it out and want something or want something specially made for you then don't be shy to buy/request it =D

I hope, if you go and look at it anyway =P, that you like it ^^ Thank you for spending the time reading this post regardless =D

<333
Kaya
Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! 1955989781

Last edited by Diana on 22nd July 2015, 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 9:52 am

Bumping cause your sprites are so adorable!!
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime2nd June 2015, 7:02 pm

Hello guys!

As some of you know, or can read about above xD, I started an Etsy shop to try and sell Perler Bead creations. It didn't go too well but I've adjusted some things and figured out a fair price point, I feel anyway! And I'm ready to try again! I also plan to eventually sell soap, but for now sticking to Perler beads xD

However, I wanted to ask you guys what you would want to buy if you were to purchase anything made by these! Or what you feel like others would buy. I tried Sailor Moon and a couple other anime's but nothing sold. So I thought I'd ask if you guys could think of anything specific that people would prolly be willing to buy ^^ any help would be great! 

I'm planning on selling them for about 3-5 dollars for smaller pieces and 6-10 for bigger sprites, with about 2 dollar shipping. I also plan to take commissions for 2-5 dollars extra depending on how complicated, and adding the option to turn any creation into a magnet for a dollar extra xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime2nd June 2015, 7:07 pm

Maybe try whatever is super popular in geekdom right now: Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, My Little Pony, Game of Thrones and so on? Be sure to advertise your etsy all over (not just on here), it will probably take a while to attract some attention plus lots of people do perler bead sprites. Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 12:00 pm

Pokemon is always a plus, if it's not too hard you could try mega evolve stones. 

You could also to sword art online as well, since it's mega-popular. Also, nothing wrong with the SNES sailor moon bead sprites from sailor moon, another story. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 12:40 pm

Pokemon and my little pony would probably sell well.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 7:15 pm

Do you do any pixel art? I've seen people making Perler bead creations from their own personal designs as opposed to basing them off of sprites. At least from what I have seen at conventions, those ones seemed to sell better since they are more unique. Not sure if that is what you have been doing to begin with since there currently isn't anything in your shop. Very Happy

You might also try making Perler bead "figures"? Or provide that option for people? I've seen some creations where the person made a base out of the beads and then stood the beaded character/design up on it. I almost purchased one from him because the stand concept made the designs more convenient to display.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime27th June 2015, 11:28 pm

How are you with ideas, Diana? Your store is still empty, so have you been too busy or?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime2nd July 2015, 10:48 am

Oh! Thank you for all the idea guys <3333 I think I'm all set on some things to make so far ^^ I've been working on a few, just haven't posted any up for sale yet. Working on finishing a few different ones to appeal to a wide variety of peeps ^^
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 7:19 am

I made this today and wanted to share =D It's a Squirtle sitting on a water gym badge stand ^^ I was thinking of doing multiples like this, like a Pikachu on a lightning gym badge, Vulpix on fire etc etc xD I was kinda proud of my first attempt ever at doing 'stands' so wanted to share xD Now that I look at it, I think the 'slot' on the stand needs to be on the bottom part so that the stand and Squirtle can face the same way xD And for some reason in the pictures, his stomach looks white, not yellow o.o but yeah!

Pictures:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 7:32 am

Oooh thats so cute! I love it! Very Happy I think what you said you'd change is what Id suggest too.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 6:43 pm

Camera's tend to alter colors, you can tell it's supposed to be yellow. It's adorable!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 7:35 pm

Very nice! I like the idea of having a specific type of Pokemon standing on a matching badge. Smile

As for the issue with the colors in the photograph, did you have your camera flash on? If yes, maybe switch modes to indoors (if that is an option on your camera) or take the photo outdoors in the late afternoon for more natural lighting. Oh! Or you could edit the saturation and colors in Photoshop (or an online program such as Pixlr) until the colors match the beads.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 8:51 pm

Oh one trick I learned for indoor photography is if  you need to use the flash but dont want it like "OMG FLASH" you can take a piece of like copy paper and tape it over the flash. It still lets through enough light but isn't as obnoxious (its a great trick for taking photos of your pets Very Happy). Maybe that will help?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime22nd July 2015, 9:03 am

I'll have to try these tips next time! I've just photographed them on pieces of copy paper and put it in the window for natural light xD if it looks like it's a bit too dark, I plop it in photoshop and just brighten it until it looks like it should xD

I now have some sprites for sale!!!! I have a Mew with a psychic icon stand, Mercury using Aqua Rhapsody, Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica, a cute little strawberry milk, and a baby Usagi!! I need to remake the water badge for the Squirtle before I post it, but he'll be up there too ^^ I do take custom requests if you guys would like to make one!!! ^^ I hope you guys like them =D
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 1:23 pm

They are super adorable!

I would totally buy a Eudial or Ptilol one sometime in the future when I have some spending money if you could get them to stand on a black star. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime27th July 2015, 6:16 pm

They are looking good kaya! I should've taken pics of all the perler beads sellers i saw at the convention i went to this past weekend for ideas. They had tons of cute ones. I saw some SM items like wands and brooches and all sorts of video games sprites. And the HUGEST Shenlon from Dragonball! They were selling him for $200 but like the chick said it took her almost 30 hrs to make. O_o
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime29th July 2015, 5:20 pm

These are so cute! I might get one once my check comes in. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!   Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games/Anime Perler Bead Etsy Shop!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top