The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics Empty
PostSubject: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 11:21 am

I read quite a few webcomics and I'm sure some of you must do too! Here is a thread to post your favorite Sailor Moon webcomics. In fact, a SM webcomic is what got me into tumblr in the first place! I've got a few, so here we go!

Edit: Btw, in case you didn't notice, all the names in bold are links to the comic with the exception of Sailor Moon CS cause I linked to her DA page and Ch. 1 so its the two below the title. Smile

Four King Hell - of the great Frizzy or well known as Sailor Failures on Tumblr!
This is the one that got me started on tumblr!
Quote from the website:
Quote :
Roughly a year after the finale of Sailor Moon SailorStars, Mamoru Chiba came home one afternoon to find that his four Heavenly Guardians - Jadeite, Nephrite, Zoisite and Kunzite – have been transformed from their gemstone forms into living, breathing human bodies. Why have they been revived? Who's behind it? Are their intentions pure or evil? These are all questions that they should be worrying about, but so far the only thing they want to know is, “How quickly can we get into the Sailor Soldiers' pants?” Borrowing from various canons and plots, Four King Hell follows the exploits of a host of Sailor Moon characters as they fight for love, justice, and PG15+ mature themes. Definitely not just for fans of the Senshi pairings, if you've ever enjoyed Sailor Moon, this is the comic for you.

I highly recommend 4KH if you haven't read it yet! It's hilarious and a interesting twist on some of the characters (mainly the Shitennou, pardon my spelling if i got that wrong lol).

Moon Sticks - by Chibi Jennifer
This is a cute little comic strip with adorable chibis of the Senshi. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to update it that much anymore, but I keep checking every once in a while. Even so, its a good little fun read if you're looking for some humor.

Sailor Moon CS - by Kibate of DeviantArt.
Kibate's DA
Sailor Moon CS Ch. 1

I linked to Ch. 1 cause I'm sure you can figure out where the rest are! Sailor Moon CS is a more shonen retelling of Sailor Moon with a lot of references from the anime and manga. I even recognized some direct quotes here and there. This is one of the webcomics where you see the artist's improvement over the time of the comic. Which is great! Kibate's art gets amazingly better! I'm also a fan of her style and the way she twists things in the story. IMO, Sailor Moon CS is the retelling of Sailor Moon that I think could get my boyfriend to watch it. Its obviously way more shonen, but I think it still keeps some charm of the original Sailor Moon, just darker. And more human Luna! Very Happy

Silver Legacy - by Winetta of DeviantArt.
This is a really beautiful story about the Moon Kingdom. It's an interesting insight into how things were like on the Moon Kingdom for Serenity and how she met Endymion of Earth. It also shows more of what life was like on the Earth Kingdom. It can be confusing at times because all of the Princess/Senshi, have different names than their reborn ones, but I also like that touch because it makes sense that they wouldn't have the same Japanese names. Also, did I mention that the artwork is GORGEOUS? Seriously, this girl has some talent!

Anyway, please contribute if you have other comics to mention here.

Last edited by Brit-chan on 24th June 2011, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 11:29 am

Could you please add links to every one mentions here? Smile Thanx!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 11:34 am

They all ar elinked. If you put your mouse on the names of the comics, there should be links. CS is the only exception cause i linked to Ch. 1 and her DA page.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 11:42 am

Moon Sticks is ADORABLE. It's such a shame she doesn't really update anymore... it's hilarious!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 1:09 pm

Sailor Moon CS is one of my favourite fancomics ever. The art is gorgeous now, and the way it follows Sailor Moon's story as a shounen is a nice change and very well done.
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime27th June 2011, 7:00 pm

Love love love Four King Hell! SailorFailures is my favorite blog on tumblr Embarassed It can be a little jarring because the characters talk about sex so casually unlike in canon where sex barely even exists- but it's a really fun read if you're open-minded about the series c:

Moon sticks is alright. The art is really cute, but I always found the humor a tad uneven... though she's gotten a tad better in more recent comics (My personal favorite: "Don't add me on Facebook. >:I").

I've never seen the other two o: But they sound really good! I'll have to check them out c:
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime27th June 2011, 10:35 pm

You should definitely check out the other two. Silver Legacy has some of the most beautiful manga artwork I've ever seen. That says a lot because I consider Naoko Takeuchi's art work to be the best there is.

Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime27th June 2011, 11:35 pm

Moon Sticks is possibly the best webcomic there is. Even though I have read her works countless times, I still burst out laughing.

Hm, just a thought. Are we allowed to have separate threads for these webcomics so we can post our favorites and discuss them?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime28th June 2011, 12:07 am

You can create another thread if you want. I kinda made this one for that purpose. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime28th June 2011, 12:15 am

Brit-chan wrote:
You can create another thread if you want. I kinda made this one for that purpose. ^_^

Ah, domo! I will do it tmr if some one already hasn't. I'm a bit sleepy now and I want to do it when I am fresh to give it its proper fangirling. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime28th June 2011, 5:46 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
You should definitely check out the other two. Silver Legacy has some of the most beautiful manga artwork I've ever seen. That says a lot because I consider Naoko Takeuchi's art work to be the best there is.

I read a couple chapters of CS and it's surprisingly good o: The art's a little shaky at first, but the general layout and whatnot shows that the author really knows a thing or two about comics. I'll check out Silver Legacy next c:
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime28th June 2011, 8:50 pm

I agree about CS! The art gets REALLY awesome towards the end. I really like her shounen style and take of Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics   HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIGHLIGHT - Sailor Moon Webcomics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top