The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Welcome to Scotland! <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

Welcome to Scotland! <3 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2014, 1:42 pm

Welcome to Scotland! <3 PlOO9Pz

Soooo you want to know about Scotland, huh? It's not all about this

Welcome to Scotland! <3 220px-Brave_Poster

Or this
Welcome to Scotland! <3 Braveheart_imp

But it IS Scotland the Brave and I am very proud to be Scottish.  Welcome to Scotland! <3 1955989781 

This is Scotland:
Welcome to Scotland! <3 2Q==

And this is our flag:
Welcome to Scotland! <3 2079015_Scotland-Scottish-Flag-700

We're a tiny country at the top of the UK, but what we lack in size we make up for in personality. ^.~

National Dress
Welcome to Scotland! <3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4LDodQcrlbRwuMDNgB8il86mhKbMvtPJxRvA9p6NDkTTtn7LS
That right there is probably one of the most Scottish pictures you'll ever lay eyes on. A bagpiper, in tartan, in the Scottish Highlands. There are many different kinds of tartans, and men wear kilts to all kinds of special occasions - prom, weddings, or even just a football match. =p

Speaking of football matches, we are fiercely proud of anyone that comes from Scotland, and our sporting teams (even though they are all legit rubbish). Basically Scottish people follow their team round the world even though we never win.

Our official national anthem is obviously the UK one, God Save the Queen, but in Scotland we have our own national anthem - Flower of Scotland. Here's the Tartan Army singing it:

Special Days

We have two main days in Scotland, St Andrew's Day and Robert Burns'. St Andrew was our patron saint, so we celebrate him on November 30th. Burns' Night is generally more important, it celebrates the famous poet Scots Robert Burns. We recite his poems, celebrate with family and friends and eat traditional Scottish food, such as haggis neeps and tatties. I'll talk more about food soon in THIS THREAD.

Welcome to Scotland! <3 2Q==
Welcome to Scotland! <3 Of_mice_and_men_robert_burns_quotbest_laidquo

Loch Ness Monster

Nessie is one of my favourite things about Scotland. She lives in Loch Ness, and is protected by the 1912 Protection of Animals Act of Scotland. And although it's never been proved that she exists, I know she does. What do you think?
Welcome to Scotland! <3 Nessie

Language
In Scotland, we have three official languages - standard English, Gaelic (the original Scottish language, still spoken in some areas) and Scots, which is not actually 'slang' but an official language. You can check out my quiz HERE to see if you can understand any Scots. 

Scenery
Scotland is a very beautiful country. We are fortunate to have a lot of hills, castles and coastline which attracts a lot of tourists. I'll be posting some pictures of notable landmarks and landscapes soon in THIS THREAD. 

Thank you for visiting Scotland, please feel free to take some complimentary bumpers!

Welcome to Scotland! <3 Z1W5PZmWelcome to Scotland! <3 9IyNL5X
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2014, 3:30 pm

You forgot a part Razz
Back to top Go down
Sailor Xillia
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Xillia

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Eudial/Eugeal.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2014, 7:15 pm

Partner in Crime!!!!
<3
I wanna go to Scotland one day!

I think Maries is talking about the foooodddd
Back to top Go down
http://asukapasta.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DicloniusLucy666?feature=mhee
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2014, 7:52 pm

Oh no. I'm talking something else Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2014, 6:14 am

She forgot about all the drinking! LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
PrettySailorSoldierRose
Pyramidal Crystal

PrettySailorSoldierRose

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Koan!!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2014, 6:25 am

Love this thread!! I really want to go here one day, also lol about BRAVEHEART, good movie though.
Back to top Go down
http://RoseFiammotta@tumblr.com http://rosefiammotta.deviantart.com/ http://EbbaRose997631@gmail.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2014, 8:13 am

Small Lady wrote:

Welcome to Scotland! <3 Bingo
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2014, 8:24 am

I'm part Scottish (and perhaps Scotch-Irish). Some of my ancestors originated from Scotland and present-day Northern Ireland, they intermarried with Cherokee Indians in the Appalachians in the 18th century. Many Americans are of British stock, but I don't know how much came from Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2014, 8:59 am

Mike D boy wrote:
I'm part Scottish (and perhaps Scotch-Irish). Some of my ancestors originated from Scotland and present-day Northern Ireland, they intermarried with Cherokee Indians in the Appalachians in the 18th century. Many Americans are of British stock, but I don't know how much came from Scotland.

Actually I want to say my fiance has similar ancestry to yours. His last name is Rutledge (which as I recall is very Scottish?) and his ancestors originally were in North Carolina once the family came over here. One of his ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime26th April 2014, 8:59 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

Welcome to Scotland! <3 Bingo

Oh you two. =p

Yes, there may or may not be a LOT of drinking involved in Scotland. We are famous for whisky...

Welcome to Scotland! <3 Scotch-whiskies
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Scotland! <3   Welcome to Scotland! <3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Scotland! <3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top