The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 Empty
PostSubject: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 8:58 pm

Okay! Livestream discussion time!

For those of you who are new to PGSM, how did you like it? Were there any plot/character/detail changes that you either liked or disliked?

For the senior PGSM fans, feel free to fangirl and squeal over how awesome PGSM is. xD
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 9:30 pm

I did like most of the changes, except for the Act 5 plot. I don't quite think Ami's that insecure in her friendships. Not to that degree anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 9:35 pm

It is a little extreme, but they play more on her friendship insecurities in this version than other versions of Sailor Moon. It becomes a bit of a driving plot point down the road. I think that episode was written for every quite super studious japanese girl out there. Ami is often voted top favorite in polls in Japan and I think its because a lot more Japanese people can relate to her and personality, which is probably why they focus more on her introvertedness/insecurities.

I think the only thing that bothers me about PGSM Ami/Mercury is they don't really use her smarts in battle (you'll notice it more over the course of the series) and that always bothered me a bit. :/
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 11:34 pm

It was definitely one of the things that threw me off a bit. I wasn't expecting Ami/Mercury to be really insecure about her friendships and using less of her smarts in battle unlike the manga/anime. Mamo chan seems less annoying than the anime counterpart though. i hated how mamuro is portrayed in the first arc of the anime .__.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 11:37 pm

sunyeons wrote:
i hated how mamuro is portrayed in the first arc of the anime .__.

Man a lot of people don't like him in the first arc...I love the bickering relationship he and Usagi have in the first season. It's cute. xD

I like how he does pretty much the same thing in PGSM but in a quieter, smirking little pain in the butt way. xD
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2014, 8:13 pm

this mamoru, the pgsm one, is older, so theoretically, more mature. he is also in the early 2000's, so the humor and the way to court a girl are different. also, 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5   Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Livestream Recap: PGSM Liveaction Acts 1-5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top