The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Devereau Laelithar
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : GC's Official Demon

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 7:20 am

Username: Devereau Laelithar
Desired Nickname: Dev (or Reno, if anyone here knows me outside of GC. Which I don't think anyone does...)
Original Fiction Genre: Scifi/fantasy/fiction in general
Fanfiction Genre: Been a long time since I wrote any fanfiction, but it's all been anime-based.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I haven't done any Sailor Moon RPing in years, but I RP original characters constantly, as well as FFVII characters. I haven't jumped into the RP pool here, yet.
Writing Strengths: Once I have a plot or story, I can keep that going in a clear direction. I also have a good handle on grammar and vocabulary.
Writing Weaknesses: Writer's block. When it hits me, it hits me hard. Also, I have a habit of being able to start stories in the middle, or write short snippets, but I tend to usually scrap my beginnings and/or endings because I can't seem to get them just right.
Writing Goals: To be able to completed a novel (or novella...I'd be happy with novella...) from beginning to end. To find good ways of getting over my writers' block. To not be afraid to let others read what I write.
Comments: If anyone needs someone to proofread any of their work, I'm willing to proof their work. I look forward to being a part of this community!
Back to top Go down
http://shinraslave.mutated-butterfly.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th February 2015, 9:12 pm

Username: Andalusite
Desired Nickname: Andi, Ena, (no preference)
Original Fiction Genre: N/A
Fanfiction Genre: N/A
Roleplaying Characters and Forums
: ((list characters you play and where you play them. Links are welcome))
Writing Strengths: Technical writing, spelling, grammar, research (toward creating characters, settings, concepts)
Writing Weaknesses: Introductions & conclusions, starting things, 'creative' writing
Writing Goals: After heading off to college I lost a lot of my creative writing vocabulary and style from several years of strictly analytical writing for my degree. Through proofreading stories and providing constructive criticism for other members, I hope to regain some of the creativity and sentence variation that I lost.
Comments: I am really resourceful when it comes to gathering appropriate background information. I also like peer reviewing papers/stories so if anybody needs help, do not hesitate to ask me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Burning Mandala
Pyramidal Crystal

Burning Mandala

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Living Proof of All Life's Contradictions

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th March 2015, 12:54 pm

Username: Burning Mandala
Desired Nickname: Amanda or my Username is fine.
Original Fiction Genre: Mystery, Fantasy, and YA... or whatever idea decides to pop into my head next.
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Merlin, and Disney among others. Angst, Humor and Romance are my usual genres within those.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: N/A
Writing Strengths: Grammar, description, plot bunnies, research
Writing Weaknesses: follow through/motivation. I start stories and then get stuck on the details and lose steam. Instead of writing through it, I tend to get distracted and do something else, leaving my stories unfinished.
Writing Goals: To finish some multi-chapter stories.
Comments: I think the biggest problem I have is focus. I have trouble staying on one thing, and that's always been a problem for me. I feel like I do better with a sounding board, and I would love to be a sounding board for others. I would also be interested in editing the works of others.
Back to top Go down
http://gossamerwillow.tumblr.com http://gossamerwillow.deviantart.com
LadyNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

LadyNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : HarukaxMichiru...the reason I have high standards....

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 1:58 pm

Username:Lady Neptune
Desired Nickname:You can call me pretty much whatever.
Original Fiction Genre: I haven't written anything original really, but I read whatever.
Fanfiction Genre:Sailor Moon. Romance/angst
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: It's been so long since I have roleplayed that I am almost embarrassed to say what I roleplayed....(Nothing nasty...Just....a long time ago)
Writing Strengths:I am decent at grammer
Writing Weaknesses:Spelling, fighting
Writing Goals:To be published
Comments:My new ff.net is www.fanfiction.net/~butterflyarashi
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/butterflyarashi
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 2:45 pm

Can I edit mine, as my profile stuff has dramatically changed?
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 7:05 pm

Yep! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th July 2015, 6:46 am

Okay!

My revised profile: 

Username: mercury_viola_rhapsody
Original Genre: Pretty much anything, actually. Most of them tend to be first-person and rather short. 
Fanfiction Genre: Angst, AUs, crossovers, and random oneshots when I have an idea I'm significantly motivated to explore.  
RP Characters: I don't really RP beyond events, but I'm interested in perusing it further. 
Writing Strengths: Coming up with ideas and writing depressing things. 
Writing Weaknesses: Actually writing said ideas and finishing stuff. 
Writing Goals: Successfully transition myself into being able to write longer and original fiction, improve my motivation to write, and actually win a writing contest besides that one on tumblr. 
Comments: My AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/users/chaoticrandomness/pseuds/chaoticrandomness
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Maxis Aerian
Pyramidal Crystal

Maxis Aerian

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Maxis Scout Representing Waytherid

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th July 2015, 7:12 am

Username: Maxis Aerian
Preferred Alias: Max, Arch, or Spore-Boy
Custom Rank: Grammar Commander
Original Genre: Sci-fi, Fantasy, and Adventure
Fanfiction Universes: Sailor Moon, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Elder Scrolls, Creatures, Warzone 2100, and Spore
Fanfiction Genres: AUs, Humor, Action/Adventure, and Sci-fi
RP Characters: Archibald McShane (Spore), Rayden (Creatures), and Weld the Dragon (Sonic)
Writing Strengths: Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and use of extensive vocabulary.
Writing Weaknesses: Creativity in plot, especially in universes with dense lore.
Writing Goals: Successfully complete a crossover storyline, with the aid of fellow guild members.
Comments: The crossover storyline, is dubbed Warzone 2100: The Senshi Project. In this storyline, the Inner Senshi are sent to the year 2100 to help a young Commander ultimately defeat an evil computer program, to prevent a paradox that will destroy Crystal Tokyo. In this storyline, they must recover and research artifacts from before the Collapse, and use said tech to defeat NEXUS.
Back to top Go down
http://then1k0l4z.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Qxob303kwzFu6S_J8Ky9g
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd July 2015, 6:05 pm

I got carried away....

Username: Eternal Knight
Desired Nickname: Eternal Knight, Knight, EK. What's easier for anyone.
Rank: Apprentice (I write for a long time now, have always written over any other artistic form, but I don't feel comfortable with starting in a guild in something else than the first step. Also, I used to write in french and though I roleplay on tumblr in english since 2012, it's still not my first language).
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal, everything really as long as there is an unnatural twist to it.
Fanfiction Genre: I was usually more of a reader than a writer. But I did explore Sanctuary and Doctor Who once. Now I don't think I'd be comfortable enough for big stories (moreso maybe for funny and stupid ones). 
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: (You totally can skip this thing)
Old stuff (and also french stuff)
109 Rue du Septière Art (Closed forum) Characters:
-Sherlock Holmes (2012 movie) / Zoisite (PGSM) / Charles Xavier (2000 movie) / Remy LeBeau (comic) / Adam Pierson / Methos (Highlander) / James Watson (Sanctuary) / Lex Luthor (Smalville) / Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)
Other-forums-I-don't-remember Characters:
-Aragorn (LOTR) / Akito Soma (Fruits Basket) / Gregory Lestrade (Sherlock) / Matthieu & Yue (Card Captor)

Newer stuff all on tumblr (and english stuff):
-Pitch Black (Rise of the Guardians) / Rumplestiltskin (Once upon a time) Deleted
-James Watson (Sanctuary) / Allen Shapiro & Jack Harkness (Torchwood) / Spock & Mirror Spock (Star Trek)
-Q (Star Trek) The newest post are more crackish than the older ones though url: omnipotentandimportant
-Gadreel (Supernatural) Inactive url: seedeanicanbeuseful
-Balthazar (Supernatural) Inactive url: thefootstepsimfollowing
-Michael / Lucifer / God (Supernatural) Inactives
-Michael (Dominion) url: whatifiwereatraitor
-Balem / Titus Abrasax (Jupiter Ascending)
-Guy of Gisborne (Robin Hood 2006) -> As I changed it for a modern verse only the link is not relevant xD
-Celeborn (LOTR) urlicannolongerseehim
-Thorin, Thranduil, Bard, Galadriel (LOTR/Hobbit)
-And many more but that's already too much.

Writing Strenghts: I do believe I'm good enough when it comes to illustrating a canon character in roleplays in a way people will recognize it's them. I don't use too much purple prose, nor too simple words (despite the fact I do not have a very elaborate english vocabulary) and I usually use a good balance between actions and emotions.
Writing Weaknesses: I have trouble focusing on only one character at a time (as can be shown by the list), I have some problem with general description (of places and physical appearance because I find them boring - in my writing anyway - so I tend not to write a lot of them). My vocabulary is small which makes it hard to illustrate what I mean and I have a bad habit to write it way too short and concise. I don't take the time to elaborate (this is a problem I encounter more when writing original pieces than roleplays). When writing original pieces, I'm not too bad with original characters, but in roleplay, I absolutely can't create anything, I must absolutely play canons to be comfortable. I have also some difficulties to roleplay canons with characters I don't know much or don't have a canon link with mine (I'm working on that xD). I have lots of thing to improve seriously.
Writing Goals: I have many original projects that are going on right now and though I don't have any grand expectations, I would want at least to be able to finish one of them. 
Comments: I have nonother than I can't wait to invade this guild and have fun with everyone while we keep the flame of creativity alive (which if you ask me is dying out). Original stories, original ideas are needed really and I'm glad to see even here we have a place for talents to bloom.
Back to top Go down
Meganekko
Lotus Crystal

Meganekko

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Girl with Glasses

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 12:13 pm

Username: Sailor Anemone
Desired Nickname: N/A
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, romance
Fanfiction Genre: I've never written any fanfiction, but I have a few BSSM-based story ideas. Smile
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: My RP experience is pretty extensive and diverse. I've participated in supernatural RPGs (vampires; werewolves; supernatural detectives), canine RPGS, Sailor Moon-based RPGs, Potterverse RPGs, post-apocolyptic RPGs -- the list goes on and on, really. My interest in RP is less than what it was as life in general tends to keep me busy, though part of me still really misses and wants to participate in it.
Writing Weaknesses: Perhaps my greatest writing weakness is just sitting down and writing, but I also am terrible when it comes to plotting out a storyline. I tend to get a general idea of what I want to happen, but the trouble is plotting out the story. The stories that I have written (and these were stories I wrote years ago) had a tendency to just go wherever. I'd like to establish direction in my writing -- actually know what I'm writing before I start.
Writing Goals: Write a story -- doesn't matter if it's a short story, novella, fanfiction, or whatever -- I'd just like to write something.
Comments:
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2015, 8:46 pm

Username:PoetofMercury
Desired Nickname:You can call me Poet for short if you want. ^^
Rank: Journeyman? (New to the guild but with writing experience elsewhere)
Original Fiction Genre: Started as sci-fi flash fiction, but lately more fantasy and fanfiction based
Fanfiction Genre: X-men, Sailor Moon, Ghostbusters
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: On this forum I've played Mercury, Jupiter, Endymion, and Applejack senshi crossover from MLP but these were before the new system. Recently I've played Luna and Nephrite. In the past I have also done a lot of Marvel & X-Men RPs. I particularly like toying with Storm, Nightcrawler, and Shadowcat.
Writing Strengths:
As far as fiction, I think my descriptions are good and I would like to say I have an extensive vocabulary. (My hubby teases me for coming out with what he calls 1800's words once in a while. LOL ) I like to write drama, action, and emotional moments. I'm really good at spelling. I was in spelling bees. Translate: I was a dork in school. Though you would not know it because I type too fast for my own good. Very Happy

I'm an avid poet and I can often come up with a poem on a given topic within about 10 minutes. When I lived near Venice Beach right after college I was very close to opening up a stall selling custom written poems for people. That was many years ago. Though I find as I get older and focus more on non-fiction writing and my accounting career, I feel like I'm losing that creative touch and it's taking longer and longer for the ideas to come. So I hope to work on that here as well. ^^

Non fiction writing - Me and my hubby just co-published a book last year! (It's why I poofed from the GC.) It's non-fiction, devoted to local history and folklore and is on Amazon and Barnes&Nobles. It's called "Long Island Oddities". It was also an amazing amount of work. *sweatdrops*

Not advertising, but if anyone wants to see proof... LOL

Writing Weaknesses:
1. I am TERRIBLE at convoluted plots like murder mysteries and such. I'm a very straight forward person and just contemplating and creating these plots makes my head hurt. LOL Seeing as I want to write a Steampunk adventure series...I need to up my plot game. LOL
2. I also think my dialoguing is a bit weak. I want to create more realistic dialogue.
3. Additionally, I am comfortable with characters with whom I have something in common, but I have trouble with foreign personality traits to my own.
4. Grammar - I am forever getting confused with where to put commas around quotation marks in dialogue and little things like that. I also type too fast for my own good and sometimes lack the patience to really go over things with a fine tooth comb. I get too eager to share it with people. So errors often sneak out.

Writing Goals:
1. To try to write more and exercise my creative side via fiction or poetry
2. To push the envelope and be challenged to write outside of my comfort zone and expand my repertoire.
3. Get feedback on my writing, especially dialogue.

Comments:I am glad to have discovered this guild...because I need a swift kick in the butt sometimes in writing. Very Happy Looking forward to being creative with you all and learning from you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Moonstone

Moonstone

Title : GC's Official Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th September 2015, 1:12 pm

Username: Moonstone

Desired Nickname: N/A

Original Fiction Genre: I guess fantasy, since it is my favorite genre to read.

Fanfiction Genre: I have never really written a fanfiction before.  [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 3978041997

Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I have barely roleplayed on other sites before, and the on the one forum I have, I usually am inactive on that specific roleplay. The roleplaying section is way different from here. I will list a few examples:
-Everything is G rated
-You don't need a roleplay character or storyline to be approved, it just has to be G rated
-Character forms are very short, they must stay in the thread 
-You are allowed to edit posts

So yeah, it is very different from here. Razz

Writing Strengths: Grammar, spelling, punctuation 

Writing Weaknesses: Generating ideas for stories/roleplays (writer's block)

Writing Goals:
1. To try to be more active in roleplays and not completely abandon them. XD
2. To be able to think of ideas for stories in a timely manner. Wink

Comments: Once I think of an idea for a story, I can usually write a lot. Same goes for when I am encouraged to write a story or do a roleplay, I can usually do it. Razz Glad that I joined the guild! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://sailorchibiusagi.tumblr.com http://sweetplatypus.deviantart.com
Sailor Enchantica
Star Seed

Sailor Enchantica

Star Seed

Title : Ruler of Enchantica

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th September 2015, 10:49 pm

Hi everyone. I'm o glad to join you all here. Writing is a big passion of mine as is roleplaying. I love getting my voice out there and showing everyone what I can do. I write for a lot of things: to relieve stress, to express my feelings, to communicate with others, and just to have fun. Here, I hope to improve on my writing so I can share my voice with the world.

Username: Sailor_Enchantica
Desired Nickname: Jezi or Chryssi. I go by both.
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon and My Little Pony
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Jezilina/Sailor Enchantica (Sailor Moon OC and Fairy), Animalia (OC), Crystal Rose (My Little Pony OC), Marissa (OC)///I usually RP on Skype
Writing Strengths: Developed Characters, Details, Spelling, Grammar
Writing Weaknesses: Good Villains, Good endings
Writing Goals: Create a story that has a solid beginning, middle and end
Comments: I would really like help with a few of my characters. Specifically my Sailor Moon characters as I am revamping them. My writing and my style has developed since their initial creation and I would like them to be more than just mary sue copy cats.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th April 2016, 10:47 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here as of today Smile. I enjoy writing fan fiction because it's a neat way to organize and work through actual real life emotions and challenge myself to see different perspectives (not to say that my stories are self-insertion, but I very strongly believe in the concept of "write what you know"). Plus you know, it's fun to write, and fun to share stories with others!   

My writer guild profile is as follows.

Username: The Drifter
Desired Nickname: The Drifter
Original Fiction Genre: N/A, never done that before
Fanfiction Genre: Shoujo-ai Angst/Humour/Adventure, occasionally all in the same story. 
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: N/A
Writing Strengths: Atmosphere and character development
Writing Weaknesses: POV head jumping. Run on sentences that have multiple points that are only tangentially connected to each other, but its all there for a reason which  unfortunately, makes the sentence super long and hard to read. Also, redundancy.
Writing Goals: to write outside my own comfort zone a bit, to keep up writing as a hobby instead of going on long long haitus.
Comments: Looking forward to being here! 

Cheers! 
-The Drifter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top