The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information Empty
PostSubject: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 11:22 am

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information Welcomewritersguild
First things first: Guild Member Information.
You answered some of these questions when you requested to join the guild, but we're getting a little more specific with these ones. Once you have finished and posted this questionnaire, you're officially in our books as a member of the guild! Please note: If you don't have an answer for one of these, or a question does not apply to you, please fill in N/A or leave the question blank!

Additional note! This thread is for Member Information Only! Please keep conversations to another thread in the board! (Might I suggest the Writer's Lounge?)

Username:
Desired Nickname: ((Optional))
Original Fiction Genre: ((preferred/favorite genre to write.))
Fanfiction Genre: ((series and any specific genre))
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: ((list characters you play and where you play them. Links are welcome))
Writing Strengths: ((ex: grammar, formatting))
Writing Weaknesses: ((ex: believable characters, ending a story))
Writing Goals:
Comments: ((anything specific you'd like to work on, or that you'd like to help others with, etc.))]

Directory:
 ((links to your profile/collection pages on any sites where you host your work, such as fanfiction.net or archiveofourown, so people can find your works!))
Blank Code of above:

♥-Kyralih

Here! Have a super cute little bumper too!! 
[Old]Writing Guild Member Information 02m5q6J

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 26th April 2016, 6:23 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 11:55 am

Username: Tuxedo Mistress
Desired Nickname: Well, everybody calls me Mi, so...
Original Fiction Genre: Sailor Moon
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon, Power Rangers; Romance
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: It's been a few 10 years LOL, but I was Chamaleon June and Megrez Alberich at two brazilians RPG forums.
Writing Strengths: Put the characters' POV in perspective in a believable way.
Writing Weaknesses: grammar
Writing Goals: to be able to finish my first book - which I've started writing in December.
Comments:
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 12:02 pm

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:
Intro: 

I'm mercury_viola_rhapsody, and I'm here to improve on my plotting ability and story endings. I have a request thread here for anyone who would like a story. 

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t6366-fic-request-thread

:bunnypokerface

And my official info:

Username: mercury_viola_rhapsody
Nickname: none
Original Fiction Genre: no idea
Fanfic Genre: no idea
RP Characters: none
Strengths: ???
Weaknesses: plots, endings, occasional characterization stuff, writing happy things. 
Goals: improve plotting ability, win a GC writing contest, and enter an original piece in a writing contest
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 1:44 pm

Username: Sailor Mercury
Desired Nickname: Mercury
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy
Fanfiction Genre: Romance, Drama
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Official ones - Makoto Kino, Minako Aino, Rei Hino here in GC. An uncountable number spread all over other forums.
Writing Strengths: Dialogue
Writing Weaknesses: Pacing
Writing Goals: Being able to actually finish a novel instead of just letting it sit as a WIP for years
Comments: It might be fun to do story battles (not exactly challenges) wherein we all get specific prompts (more specific than the monthly challenges themes, so like Character X gets in Y situation, etc) and see what everyone comes up with from that. It would be interesting to see the results.

Oh, here's my Fan Fiction page. I don't have very many Sailor Moon fan fiction there, but there are a couple: https://www.fanfiction.net/~aftersix
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime21st January 2014, 5:46 pm

^-^ Thanks for updating your info, guys! ^^ You can see your updates in the Guild Member Information thread. ((Also, subtle *poke* to anyone who wants to update their info with the new format~))
Back to top Go down
blue-orchid
Pyramidal Crystal

blue-orchid

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fan Fiction Rei Hino. Anime Seiya. Manga Mamoru.

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime24th January 2014, 8:41 pm

Username: blue-orchid
Desired Nickname: Blue or Meli is fine with me.
Rank: Past writings would suggest Journeyman, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm definitely an Apprentice.
Original Fiction Genre: Angst, Romance, eventually Action, Fantasy.
Fanfiction Genre: Angst, Romance, AU Slice of Life, eventually Action.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: N/A
Writing Strengths: Grammar, Formatting.
Writing Weaknesses: Ending a story, starting a story, putting idea's to tangible plot lines, fighting scenes, flow of paragraphs and use of character name association, trouble with adjectives, etc etc etc probably.
Writing Goals: To start and finish one story I'm proud of, whether it be a 200,000 word novel or a 3,000 word one-shot.
Comments: Aside from the obvious of putting ideas to story development, I would most like to work on my character name association and flow of paragraphs. I find it's very hard to balance character titles and make them flow. I often struggle with and feel anxious over my use of 'He' 'She' and 'They' and their 'Her' 'Him' 'Them' counterparts. 

For example: Rei was awoken by a blearing light coming from her window. The Miko groaned, burying her head in her plush pillow, ruing last nights drinking. She cursed herself for being so weak to love. After a moment, she begrudgingly slithered off her bed and dragged herself to the bathroom.

If I were to keep going, I would have a paragraph full of she's and her's with the occasional 'The Miko' intercepting. This is a problem, because it feels repetitive. Other than that, I would really love to be able to write a great fighting sequence.
Back to top Go down
http://bluemeowchids.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime25th January 2014, 9:02 am

blue-orchid wrote:
Comments: Aside from the obvious of putting ideas to story development, I would most like to work on my character name association and flow of paragraphs. I find it's very hard to balance character titles and make them flow. I often struggle with and feel anxious over my use of 'He' 'She' and 'They' and their 'Her' 'Him' 'Them' counterparts. 

For example: Rei was awoken by a blearing light coming from her window. The Miko groaned, burying her head in her plush pillow, ruing last nights drinking. She cursed herself for being so weak to love. After a moment, she begrudgingly slithered off her bed and dragged herself to the bathroom.

If I were to keep going, I would have a paragraph full of she's and her's with the occasional 'The Miko' intercepting. This is a problem, because it feels repetitive. Other than that, I would really love to be able to write a great fighting sequence.
I actually find using a lot of 'she' 'her' and etc. to be less distracting than renaming the character every other sentence with titles; for example, I'd rather read a 1000 word short fic where a character's name or title is mentioned exactly once than finding stuff like "the fire senshi" "the blunette" "the whatever" twice a paragraph; when I read, seeing 'she' or 'he' disappears into the background, whereas 'the ___' creates a distance and summons a new picture and I'm looking at that rather than paying attention to what the character is actually doing.

I typically save the "the ____"'s for side characters to differentiate from the main character - I mean, to me, it's their story, and, honestly, I don't think of myself as 'the brunette", "the 25 year-old" or "the physics teacher", and unless I'm trying to throw in information about the main character to get the reader up to speed, I typically leave those things right out, or show them in another way. 

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information 868675979 But it's all about different writing styles and making things work for ourselves more than working for other people! ♥️

Because now I'm thinking about it...:
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime26th January 2014, 2:06 pm

Username: Silence Wall
Desired Nickname:N/A
Rank: Apprentice, since I've gotten involved with Roleplaying but have had issues with writing stories.
Original Fiction Genre: Romance, Action, Fantasy
Fanfiction Genre: Romance, Action, Fantasy
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe on Galaxy Cauldron
Writing Strengths: N/A
Writing Weaknesses: Grammar, finishing a story
Writing Goals: Be more comfortable writing and to be proud of my work.
Comments:
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime27th January 2014, 9:15 pm

Username:  Miss Moon Rose
Desired Nickname: Lyss
Rank:  Apprentice; I'm an experienced writer, but I think this would be a good rank to start in for this guild.
Original Fiction Genre: realistic fiction; fantasy; romance
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon, definitely. I'll write in any genre when it comes to SM.
Writing Strengths: grammar, creativity
Writing Weaknesses: description and writing in a male point of view >.<
Writing Goals:  I have received a lot of comments from readers about how I make the males in my story sound feminine, and that really bothers me. I want to work on that and improve my writing alltogether.  I'd like to have one of the top SM fanfics on ff.net and get published someday.
Comments: I really love sharing my stories and reading other people's stories.  I am always willing to edit and give advice, and receive advice in return.  Writing is my escape; and I would love to improve my writing and help others with theirs as well.

I love to write, and have been writing since I was little. I am a huge fan of Sailor Moon and I spend most of my time writing either about that or TLoZ on quotev.com and fanfiction.net.  I'm so excited to read other people's works of art and share mine!!!

ffnet profile: fanficton.net/~missmoonrose

Last edited by Miss Moon Rose on 30th January 2014, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add introduction and ffnet link xD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
blue-orchid
Pyramidal Crystal

blue-orchid

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fan Fiction Rei Hino. Anime Seiya. Manga Mamoru.

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime27th January 2014, 9:33 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
blue-orchid wrote:

I actually find using a lot of 'she' 'her' and etc. to be less distracting than renaming the character every other sentence with titles; for example, I'd rather read a 1000 word short fic where a character's name or title is mentioned exactly once than finding stuff like "the fire senshi" "the blunette" "the whatever" twice a paragraph; when I read, seeing 'she' or 'he' disappears into the background, whereas 'the ___' creates a distance and summons a new picture and I'm looking at that rather than paying attention to what the character is actually doing.

I typically save the "the ____"'s for side characters to differentiate from the main character - I mean, to me, it's their story, and, honestly, I don't think of myself as 'the brunette", "the 25 year-old" or "the physics teacher", and unless I'm trying to throw in information about the main character to get the reader up to speed, I typically leave those things right out, or show them in another way. 

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information 868675979 But it's all about different writing styles and making things work for ourselves more than working for other people! ♥️

Because now I'm thinking about it...:

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information 1023433532 as i was reading your excerpt, it didn't stick out to me at all. hmmmmm, maybe it's because my focus shifts when i'm writing my own stuff??? like, the reason it sounds repetitive might be that when i have to read and reread to proof, the words start to stick out. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm v interesting. i'll have to keep experimenting i suppose. (i was trying to put this under a spoiler, but i had some trouble)
Back to top Go down
http://bluemeowchids.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime28th January 2014, 4:20 am

Username: Sailor Pluto
Desired Nickname: You can call me Verdi, if you'd like! =]
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, often with some romance thrown in
Fanfiction Genre: I used to write for lots of different fandoms, but recently it's either Sailor Moon or none at all xD
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Here on GC I play Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Venus, Nephrite and soon to play Sailor Mars. I also play some of my own otaku characters: EriEri, Sailor Bellatrix and Sailor Snowfall. I use to roleplay on a different site, but it closed down a few years ago. That site was more for original roleplays, however, rather than fandom roleplays.
Writing Strengths: Ummm, let's see... bringing life to strong and vibrant characters; I feel I can give them a pretty good voice and distinct way of acting in the story. Editing, I feel I am pretty good at, over all. Though it's easier to edit another person's story than my own xD I also feel that I have a certain style of writing that I am very comfortable with. That counts, right? xD
Writing Weaknesses: Dialogue, especially between more than two characters. Knowing how much description to put in and when to put it; I tend to write very little description ;-; Giving calmer, quieter characters a distinctive voice. I feel I'm pretty good at the louder and more vibrant characters, but when the characters are quieter, they all seem to become the same person and just get lost in the story o.o Also, I want to be able to write more consistently xD I am either always writing for a while, and then there are month long breaks in between.
Writing Goals: To work on all my weaknesses, and to be able to produce more stories than I am currently. I have been devoting most of my free time to drawing recently, and have let my writing habits slip into the non-existent xD One of my goals would be to have more of a balance between the two. Also to get over my fear of starting a story. I have lots of fun things I want to write, but making that first step is still so scary haha
Comments: Why is it so much easier to point out weaknesses than strengths?! xD
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
MallowCakes
Lotus Crystal

MallowCakes

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Black Lady of GC

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime4th March 2014, 11:47 am

Username: MallowCakes
Desired Nickname: Mallow
Original Fiction Genre: Science fiction usually. Sometimes fantasy. Smile
Fanfiction Genre: Supernatural, Destiel romance usually. I've also done random Harry Potter, Hermione/Snape, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I used to play Dave Strider and John Egbert in Carnivalstuck on Tumblr, also player Dirk Strider on Apocalypsestuck and Gamzee Makara on Virusstuck. For a short time I also had a Castiel RP Tumblr but I don't RP as much anymore.
Writing Strengths: Characterization, Plotting out the plot, Conversation.
Writing Weaknesses: Beatng writer's block and some romance scenes... usually only because said writer's block.
Writing Goals: To finish a 3 part paranormal romance series I had plans... and more so the script to a science fiction comic my husband and I are working on.
Comments: Not that I can think of off the top of my head. :/
Back to top Go down
http://mallowscribbles.angelsinthefog.com/ http://ihavepaintedmyschween.tumblr.com/ http://mallowcakes.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzzxFPFS0WNOZeqTbfv8wHQ

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime4th March 2014, 12:06 pm

Username:Radicaledward124
Desired Nickname:Ed
Original Fiction Genre:usually fantasy but whatever comes to mind.
Fanfiction Genre:all of the fandoms!!
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: oh boy. I role play as many characters from Sailor Moon, Supernatural, the Marvel Verse, Firefly/Serenity, Assassin's creed, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Persona, Star Terk, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Devil May Cry, Alice, Alice in Wonderland, The looking glass wars, Hellsing, My boyfriend is a Vampire, OHC, and so many more that i would be here forever. I also Rp as my OCs, especially Kai. I rp here and Moon kingdom Forums, Magical Girl Cafe, Keyblade Grave Yard, Ponilicous,and the Role Play Ground.
Writing Strengths:not spelling and grammar. IDK….
Writing Weaknesses:spelling and grammer.
Writing Goals:to finish my novel.. I am so far behind cause I started school.
Comments:Oh goodness. I'm all over the place. problem is i write like i think and speak so it's all over the place and at times can be hard to follow. i know but still it makes for fun writing.
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime21st March 2014, 8:25 pm

Username: anaitlovesall
Desired Nickname: T or Tiana
Original Fiction Genre: fantasy, romance, action, angst
Fanfiction Genre: romance, action, angst
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Temperance Rivers
Writing Strengths: backgrounds, introductions, endings, conflict
Writing Weaknesses: dynamic characters, middle of the story, resolution
Writing Goals:  Write a book one day
Comments: I would like to work on one shots that will make people cry!
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime27th March 2014, 10:54 am

Username: Kayariah
Desired Nickname: Kaya
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, Action, and Romance
Fanfiction Genre: Romance and Action
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I'm roleplaying in Dream vs Duty here on the forums ^^ And on the Clue RP game: Spring Break From Hell!
Writing Strengths: First Person POV, backgrounds and profiles for characters, and detailing!
Writing Weaknesses: Paragraph structure, sentence phrasing and I'm sure a lot more I can't think of right now xD
Writing Goals: To become better in all aspects writing!
Comments: Hello!!! I'm glad to be apart of this guild with y'all!! <3

Hello everyone!!! <3 My name is Kayariah, or Kaya, and I'm really excited to be here =D I'm hoping to be able to get a lot better in my writing and roleplaying skills/styles! I don't really write fanfiction or anything anymore, although I used to and been thinking about maybe getting back in to it xD If I do, I'll be sure to link some things =D Can't wait to work with y'all!!

Kaya [Old]Writing Guild Member Information 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime11th April 2014, 9:34 pm

Username: Aurae
Desired Nickname: Aurae or Alice
Original Fiction Genre: I don't particularly enjoy writing original fiction.
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I prefer to roleplay Sailor Moon-themed games. My first roleplay was in 1999. I have roleplayed as numerous Sailor Moon fan-created characters and canon characters. I am not currently active in any open forums other than the Galaxy Cauldron.
Writing Strengths: My academic life and my career have provided me with plenty of writing practice. My grammar and syntax are generally strong. I have been told that my written pieces have a distinct "voice."
Writing Weaknesses: Actually writing. I haven't finished anything written "for fun" in years.
Writing Goals: I would like to be involved in and create roleplay storylines that achieve some form of completion. I'm interested in writing some fanfic... possibly.
Comments: I haven't updated my FanFiction.net in years... https://www.fanfiction.net/~aurae
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Elysion
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Elysion

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime14th April 2014, 3:53 pm

Username: Sailor Elysion
Desired Nickname: Ryuko
Original Fiction Genre: Romance, fantasy, action, and on occasion science fiction and realistic fiction
Fanfiction Genre: Romance, fantasy, and action
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I am currently the co-creator of "Gates of Horn and Ivory" with Aurae here in the RPG forums. I used to roleplay on Gaia but no longer do so. I enjoy roleplaying anything that is in my realm of interests but last year was the first time I had ever made a Sailor Moon based roleplay.
Writing Strengths: Character backgrounds and world building.
Writing Weaknesses: Writing first posts for roleplays and getting personal stories or fanfictions actually started. Creating more developed plots and creating actual endings! If I'm not struggling with how to continue a piece then I'm struggling with how to move it along or end it. I also struggle with being intimated by other's post length when it comes to roleplays.
Writing Goals: To overall become a more well-rounded writer, actually write at last one piece of fanfiction and complete it, and strengthen my plotline development. I'd also really love to be involved in more roleplays that are creative and have a beginning, middle, and end-- some of my own creation and others roleplays as well. I'd like to devlop a "voice" if I haven't already!
Comments: I'm Ryuko! It's wonderful to have been accepted here, and I look forward to participating and sharing my work. I can't want to be a member of this guild and to see how we all create and develop our characters and stories and help each other grow!

EDIT: added to the writing weakness section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kingdomofribbon http://ribbonlace.tumblr.com/
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime18th June 2014, 10:47 am

Username: greenpea501
Desired Nickname: luna
Original Fiction Genre:
Fanfiction Genre:
Roleplaying Characters and Forums:
Writing Strengths:
Writing Weaknesses:
Writing Goals: to find what i'm good and bad at
Comments: yeah not every helpful is it? well i really don't know. ive been writing the way i have since HS; even took a class, but it didn't help as i didn't understand it i don't think. i know the basics and i think that's about it. this whole comment section is proof of the way i "write" and by that i mean type.

as you can tell by the above and what your currently reading i'm a bit of a "lost cause". its not that i'm lost, its that i don't understand it. oh i could read something and get the idea of it but i'd never understand how to apply it. i'm a seer/doer type person, meaning i have to see and do something a number of times for it to click. if i can see and do at the same time even better! ok enought rambling, you can freely call me luna and unless you feel you have to call me by my screenname. i'm pretty sure ive just added to the older gen list Wink
Back to top Go down
Lady Firebird
Star Seed

Lady Firebird

Star Seed

Title : Fire and Feathers

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime20th June 2014, 6:35 pm

Username: Lady Firebird
Desired Nickname: Lady
Original Fiction Genre: Science Fiction, also sometimes Fantasy
Fanfiction Genre: Romance, Action, Science Fiction
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: My main roleplaying jaunt right now is an Extremis!AU Pepper Potts on Tumblr, and somewhat less active Natasha Romanoff and fem!Bucky Barnes blogs. I haven't roleplayed Sailor Moon in a while, but I'm probably most comfortable roleplaying Michiru, Minako, Rei, and Hotaru.
Writing Strengths: Worldbuilding, plotting
Writing Weaknesses: Characterization
Writing Goals: To finish the novel I'm currently planning and working on, and to maybe try writing Sailor Moon fanfiction again.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightmagpie.tumblr.com
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime29th June 2014, 2:37 pm

Username:HikariDemand
Desired Nickname:Hikari ((Optional))
Rank: in bewtween apprentice and journeyman, butpossibly more towards jouneyman...
Original Fiction Genre:fiction and some canon ((preferred/favorite genre to write.))
Fanfiction Genre: ((series and any specific genre))
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Makoto, Usagi (on Moon Kingdom Forums)((list characters you play and where you play them. Links are welcome))
Writing Strengths:I feel I have a lot of ideas to write about and my formatting is pretty good (when it comes to academic writing anyways) ((ex: grammar, formatting))
Writing Weaknesses:I always have been told to include detail, but am afraid to add more because I fear it may be too much. My grammar still needs minor imporvements. ((ex: believable characters, ending a story))
Writing Goals: be able to write a variety of works and better communicate ideas, sometimes I think I am rushing things in a story and don't know how to play it out longer and make it flow eloquently.
Comments: ((anything specific you'd like to work on, or that you'd like to help others with, etc.))]
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime29th June 2014, 2:47 pm

Username: Addelyn
Desired Nickname: Addy
Original Fiction Genre: n/a
Fanfiction Genre: Romance/General
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: Sailor Uranus, Sailor Soul (both currently WIP)
Writing Strengths: I'm good with character development, sentence structure and grammar. 
Writing Weaknesses: detail 
Writing Goals: To get back into writing fanfiction and roleplaying
Comments:
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime8th November 2014, 7:21 am

Username: OuterHarmonie23
Desired Nickname: Ben-chan (I was dubbed this by a friend in high school)
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, Magical Realism
Fanfiction Genre: Adventure: Sailor Moon, X-Men
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: currently planning a Cyprine/Ptilol character application
Writing Strengths: Description/Imagery, grammar, dire situations/battles
Writing Weaknesses: filling in middle details, over-planning, motivation, sometimes conversation
Writing Goals: to become more consistently motivated; to actually finish more than one story
Comments:
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime12th November 2014, 7:10 pm

Username: Nyota
Desired Nickname: Just Nyota is fine
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy! Especially those with nonhuman protagonists (animals to be specific)
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon (Crystal Tokyo adventures are my favorite) and Game of Thrones (Sansaery is my OTP, and I also enjoy Stark-centric fics and some modern AUs)
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: I play VesVes on here, but I've also played CereCere and PallaPalla for events
Writing Strengths: Grammar, background (exposition), and plot. Also forming ideas
Writing Weaknesses: Getting ideas onto paper, character development, and just style in general. My writing is rather flat to be honest
Writing Goals: To write out my stories and be happy with how they turn out.
Comments: n/a
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime24th November 2014, 12:19 pm

Username: JupiterThunderCrash
Desired Nickname: Uh....JTC, I guess. That's what I end up being called anyway. XD
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy/Sci-fi
Fanfiction Genre: I originally started in Naruto, but now I've started writing more Sailor Moon. I might dip into Pokemon too.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: On this forum, I've played Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, and made multiple OCs. On TvTropes, I've made more original characters for other assorted RPs.
Writing Strengths: I have a pretty good grasp on grammar and spelling, and I love making characters and developing them. Dialogue is fun too.
Writing Weaknesses: Physical descriptions of places and emotions. I can see it all in my head, but writing it coherently is harder to do.
Writing Goals: To work on my Original fiction projects more, and to get back into fanfiction.
Comments: I'd be willing to help with spell-checking or helping with grammar if people would like that. Oh, and character development and keeping things from going OOC.

Here's my (somewhat inactive) fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2579676/
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime10th December 2014, 1:07 pm

We now have a cute little bumper! feel free to use it!!
Back to top Go down
whitehexe
Pyramidal Crystal

whitehexe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime10th December 2014, 6:07 pm

Hello everyone!

Username: Whitehexe
Desired Nickname: same as username is fine!
Original Fiction Genre: Romance/Drama/Adventure
Fanfiction Genre: Mainly romance/drama/adventure with a bit of comedy. Almost all my fanfiction is Sailor Moon, though I have written a few pieces here and there for other anime/books/TV shows.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: None (yet!)
Writing Strengths: Not sure about them being strengths but I enjoy writing dialogues, and I find a strange joy in outlining plots to stories I want to write. My writing style and grammar are pretty decent, though complex grammar still messes me up on occasion.
Writing Weaknesses: Getting motivated, staying motivated, and I'm too much of a perfectionist. I will write/post/publish something then want to change it about a million times.
Writing Goals: Become more motivated and to write more.
Comments: My ff.net page is https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1368940/White-Hexe though I have not writen or posted/updated anything in like two years. My 'Between Lovers' story has been a work in progress since I was in High School (roughly 9-10 years ago). Every so often I lose motivation or time to write, and don't come back to it till a year or more later, and end up rewriting it altogether and never getting much further in the actual plot.... UGH! I tried doing a short-story tumblr a few years ago too, to help motivate me and get inspiration, but that fell through when I became too busy with school.

Back to top Go down
https://travelinggeta.blogspot.com/ http://whitehexe.tumblr.com/
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 12:02 pm

Username: PyreRosie
Desired Nickname: Rose or Rosie is fine!
Original Fiction Genre: Sci-fi/Fantasy
Fanfiction Genre: I haven't honestly written enough fanfiction...when I do it's mostly Star Wars.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: None
Writing Strengths: I feel I get to the point in my writing. I also tend to make outlines so I know where I'm going with it. I also have a tendency to research stuff so I can get a better understanding of a character or environment. I try my absolute best to make well-rounded characters.
Writing Weaknesses: Motivation, limited vocabulary, some grammar issues (mainly verb tense confusion). Tend to change my characters halfway through my writing.
Writing Goals: I'm looking to shake off my writing rust and get over my insecurities. I want to feel more confident writing without thinking of past problems and people negatively criticizing me.
Comments: I honestly have not written fanfic but ideas come and go. I have Star Wars fics in the works but that's about it. I only put myself down as an Apprentice because while I do know how to write I'm not very confident in my abilities. I prefer to start low and work my way up. I have also RPed in the past but I rather not talk about it.

Last edited by PyreRosie on 17th December 2014, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I KEEP EDITING THIS SORRY)
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime3rd January 2015, 10:28 am

Username: Juliko
Desired Nickname: Juliko
Original Fiction Genre: Don't really have one.
Fanfiction Genre: Don't really have one.
Roleplaying Characters and Forums: None.
Writing Strengths: Planning, doing research, trying to make well rounded characters to the best of my ability.
Writing Weaknesses: Believability, too much telling, character exaggeration, melodrama, not finding flaws in my works on my own, not knowing what's considered offensive/problematic and what isn't, getting motivated, staying motivated, trying to keep my personal beliefs and ideals out of my stories, being too dark and edgy.
Writing Goals: To improve on all of my weaknesses, get better at showing.
Comments: I write for a variety of fandoms such as Pokemon, Digimon, and Pretty Cure. I've been writing fan fics since 2005, but there's still a lot I need to learn. I'm not very confident in my writing abilities, and lately I've stopped enjoying writing what I like or love because of personal attacks caused by people who judged me all based on my writing. I want to get back to enjoying writing again and be stronger. I have a tendency to write about serious issues such as disabilities, bullying, divorce, homophobia, abuse, etc., because those are issues that still go on in the world, and I want to give people who suffer through those things a story and characters that they can relate to and that can inspire them and give them hope like others have inspired me.

Here's my fanfiction.net account: https://www.fanfiction.net/~julialucreziahanazono
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime7th January 2015, 4:10 pm

Username: Dreamsinpink
Desired Nickname: Adrienne or Dreamsinpink, I'm not picky.
Original Fiction Genre: Fantasy, adventure, with a bit of romance and horror (but haven't written any for a long time)
Fanfiction Genre: Sailor Moon
Writing Strengths: Description, grammar, and I think my dialogues are usually pretty decent. I laugh when they're supposed to be funny, does that count for anything? Haha. I usually also have a good idea where my stories are going.
Writing Weaknesses: Finishing things; I get all these ideas and write a little of each story at a time, but then I lack the motivation to actually get the whole story finished. Getting hung up on the small details, and deciding what to keep and what to throw away.
Writing Goals: Finish something. For real.
Comments: In the past year or so, I've really gotten back into fan fiction writing. I left it for a while, but am so happy to be back. I love to start stories, and since I've decided that I know what will happen at the end, I tend to not finish them - but I want to. I also realize that I tend to write the same way with every story, and I'd love to branch out and try some new things. I also really like editing other works, and helping other writers flesh out their ideas. 

You can check out what I've done on at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/466556/.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 5:04 pm

Welcome all the new members!! So nice to see new faces!!! Don't forget to sign up for a rank!! http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t5448-guild-ranking-system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Old]Writing Guild Member Information   [Old]Writing Guild Member Information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Old]Writing Guild Member Information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top