The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts Empty
PostSubject: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 11:39 pm

So, I will be the first person to tell you that I am not a good artist, and visual arts are not my strong suit. But, I have been drawing more and more recently, so I thought I would share my attempts on some different things. Also, I have a couple of non-doll photographs I would like to share. I might add some of the doll photos, if anyone is interested in looking.

Photographs:
Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 5619811351_20effaa164
Spring outside my home Burkhardt Building.

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 4415487342_7a8b4150cc

Drawings: Sorry for the quality, these were all taken by my phone for quick reference to people, I don't have a scanner.

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6084493512_2f04ba10d1
I think this was to be a "grown up" version of Chibi Chibi, or just be playing around with a lot of hearts.

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6157154909_a141db63a0
The version of Sailor Moon from my AU story I'm writing.

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6199666844_f5b74677b4
Sailor Star's first drawing, encouraged by the ever kind Sailor Pluto.

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6199822758_3a1fb4a2cd
From left to right, Sailor Luna (a mix of human Luna from the anime/manga and Sailor Luna from PGSM), Sailor Moon, and Sailor Star.

I also do a few fiber things, or am starting in the fiber world:
Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6091252255_e48c605fb2
An idea to do a "plush" type flashcard with all of the hiragana and katakana. I still haven't finished this one, hahahha.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 6:53 am

I like your photography, and I LOVE the Plush flashcards!!! Those are simply adorable!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 11:56 am

I really like your photography too! And I enjoy your long, willowy figures in your drawings. They're really quite graceful. ^^ Keep drawing!

And those flashcards... oy. I would NEVER have the patience to do those. They're so cute!
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 12:20 pm

Aw thanks everyone! I like to have things to work on when I sit on the couch. Idle hands and all. I was wondering if the flashcards were a stupid idea or not. I'm glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 1:04 pm

No more pictures of the flashcards, though now I've renewed my interest in keeping up with that project! It might be really fun to have a whole stack of plush flashcards to run through. And I only have about a million pieces of felt to use, hahaha.

Right now though, I have a drawing of who is probably my favorite otaku senshi, Sailor Lune. I think I might try to make a thread for her, since she really is probably my favorite of the ones I've ever made (and oh boy, there are a lot of them).

So, here goes, Sailor Lune before she's healed:

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts 6223568385_865062de87
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 5:23 pm

I really like the sketch, Zait. There may not be much view of the sword, but the small details you changed from generic senshi look very nice. I'm not sure how I feel about the fuku missing a connection to the collar aside from the brooch, but it is definitely different.
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk
Star Seed

Dybbuk

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 10:15 pm

*huggles Sam* I'm glad you are posting your work, and you are getting better each time! n__n Keep at it!

How are the hiragana flashcards coming along btw? n_n
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 10:01 pm

Pluto - Yeah, the collar is a bit odd to figure out, but I liked how Naoko just kind of had it floating there for most of the animates.

Bunneh - Hahahahaha, the flashcards. Let me finish my socks, then we might start on the flashcards again. Or I might do both at the same time. You know me and finishing things. And, thank you! I'm glad you think I'm improving. I'm working really hard on it. I swear not a night goes by without some quick sketching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zaithat's Artistic Attempts   Zaithat's Artistic Attempts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zaithat's Artistic Attempts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top