The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) Empty
PostSubject: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 9:50 pm

Hello everyone! (I'm not even thirty minutes into this forum and getting my post on.) My name is Kaitlin, and I'm a 20 year old living deep in the heart of Texas (no, I don't own a horse or buggy). I'm a hair stylist, who was supposed to be a doctor, but I just couldn't get into the whole college thing. Useless information, I think not! Smile

My hair color changes bi-weekly, exaggeration, but close enough. I'm addicted to OPI nail polish and even have a collection. I'm a cat lady, even at the young age that I am. I even have an all black kitty, too bad he turned out to be a male, or else his name wouldn't be Little Boy. (Though, I'm still waiting for him to tell me I'm a witch or Sailor Moon - whichever comes first, I'm fine with both options.) I like to argue, and will even strike up a heated debate with a brick wall. I love, love, love tattoos and have five (and adding many more). I have plans for a Sailor Moon themed half-sleeve and can't wait to get started on it. I like art, music, a good book, and driving fast.

I came to this forum, because my fellow RPers were discussing it in an OOC chat room. I can thank my lovely Hana for telling me to sign up, otherwise I wouldn't have. (Then I'd really be missing out on something.) This is the first forum I've ever joined, and I can tell you all that I'm quite excited to be here. Now, on to the Sailor Business.

My first bout of Sailor Moon fandom hit me when I was around the tender age of 6. I can remember watching the television and thinking - Oh, Tuxedo Mask, you're so cool! My friends and I would make our own tiaras (out of cardboard, because my parents didn't love me enough to buy me Sailor Moon toys) and we'd parade around as multiple versions of Sailor Moon. Ahh, those were the days. When I saw Sailor Moon on the TV, it was love at first sight. Years passed (fourteen to be exact) before I came across Sailor Moon again, and boy am I glad I did! I've been missing out on such a beautiful thing. I spent my whole summer devouring every little bit of Sailor Moon that I could get my hands on: the anime (dubbed/subbed), PGSM, RP, etc. (I'm currently watching PGSM again, because I like it that much; I'll be sure to follow with the subbed Japanese Anime, because I've heard from many sources the subbed is better and isn't chopped and screwed.) I can't wait to get my hands on the re-released manga, as I've never read any manga before.

As far as a favorite character/character I can relate to the most, I would have to say Rei Hino/Sailor Mars. Not only do I play her in the RP I'm involved in, but I just connect with her. She's independent, outspoken, and take crap off of nobody, and I love that (seeing as how I'm the same way). I love how she doesn't need a guy to be happy, because she's just fine on her own. Her passionate and fiery personality just screams Kaitlin to me, as well as her hard-headed tendencies.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now. I can't wait to jump into this head first and meet some great people along the way! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1358677502
Amaranta
Star Seed

Amaranta

Star Seed

Title : Argenteenager

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:35 am

Hey! Welcome to the forums!

I'm pretty new too, but this place is really cool. I'm sure you're gonna love it Very Happy

Quote :
My hair color changes bi-weekly, exaggeration, but close enough

Ah mah gawd, I already like you! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://madremarte.tumblr.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:04 am

Quite an introduction you've got here. :3

And I'm sure you'll enjoy our RP boards once we get them up and running. Currently, I think we're waiting on the main admin to get back from vacation, but I'm gathering up structural ideas and such for the board right now. Hopefully it'll be fully functional as soon as possible. ^^

Hehe, and I bet you were a cute kid. Sounds like you've jumped back into the fandom head-first, too. I hadn't even gotten to the musicals/live-action yet, actually. *Sweatdrop.* (Trying to finish the anime and manga.) But I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. It's nice to meet you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:19 am

Welcome! Very Happy Ever changing hair is definitely something I appreciate.
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:57 am

Welcome! I can already tell you're an awesome person. Tattoos=love!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 11:09 am

Hello! Welcome to the forum! We're state neighbors! Actually I'm state neighbors with quite a few of you.... hmmm a meet up might be in order at sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 2:10 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I really appreciate it. It's nice to meet you, as well. Now, don't be surprised if I end up asking somebody who's been here for sometime how to navigate my way through this forum.

Amaranta: If I didn't change my hair every so often, I'd go insane! And you live in Argentina? Oh, you lucky soul! What's it like there? It's around spring-time there, or am I wrong? I'm just going based on what they taught us in school, lol.

SeleneHime: Eeek, I hope my introduction wasn't too long. Oops. The live action series is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I'm sure you'd love it! (A lot of people complain about it being cheesy, but that's what makes it so great!)

Toft: Ever changing hair is who I am and who I will always be. Smile

Apple Stardust: Oh my goodness, you are far too kind! Let's be friends, ok? And I totally agree with you, tattoos are love! I'm addicted, beyond belief.

Brit-chan: Thanks for the welcome message! I actually have tons of family (mom's side) in Louisiana, so we visit as often as we can. Thanksgiving is a given, because let's face it, Southern women cook the best! It's cool to be able to meet people with the same interests as me that aren't that far from me.

Thanks again, everyone, for the welcoming! Smile
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 4:56 pm

KAIT!!! *glomps* Hehe. I didn't know you liked PGSM. awesome! Welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:01 pm

*Oof!* Ems! Oh man, it's the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. I even have my friend, who's never really been into that kind of stuff, into it. When I watch it, she'll end up watching it. I freaking love it!

Thank you much for the welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:23 pm

I love it toooo! at first when I discovered I was like...wtf?? XD. But kept watching it! I"ve seen it twice now. Well, almost all the way through twice ^^ *huggles*
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:26 pm

I'm on my second time watching it, it's so addictive. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:50 pm

Aw, welcome to the forum, dear!

I ADORE your hair. It is so gorgeous. I dye my hair red as well but because my original color is dark brown, I can never quite get that lighter shade of red as you do. >_< So pretty!
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:53 pm

Thanks, for the welcome and the very (very) sweet compliment. You're a doll! Smile

If you ever need help on how to get the lighter red, just hit me up. I know all the tricks. (It is my profession) ^^
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 6:59 pm

Welcome aboard, Andromeda! You should show us a few shots of Little Boy; I too have a cat who is all black save for a few strands of white fur on his chest. He has yet to convey any message pertaining to my destiny, but he and his brother can be quite talkative.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:04 pm

Where would I post such a picture? (Is there a certain place I have to place a picture of him?)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:05 pm

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! It's a shame our cats have yet to tell us of our powers...
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:21 pm

Sailor Andromeda wrote:
Where would I post such a picture? (Is there a certain place I have to place a picture of him?)
You could post the picture here.
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:22 pm

Hello, it's really nice to meet you. Aw Houston, I always enjoyed visiting that city! I like your hair too! I love that color, and it looks really nice on you.

I hope you really enjoy it here, seems like you're already finding yourself at home.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:25 pm

Thank you, and thank you again. You're too sweet. ^^

Houston is ok, when it's not the summer and when the horrible drivers keep their butts at home. I actually live outside of Houston, in a podunk town, but it's just easier to say Houston (since people actually know where it is).

It's funny, I thought it'd be awkward talking to a bunch of strangers, and that I would fit in (?), but I'm loving it here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 7:26 pm

Oh, and thanks Sailor Mercury for the link! I'll get right on that. ^^
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:20 pm

Ah yeah, the summers are pretty terrible down there, I'm glad I'm from Amarillo, where it's not completely humid during the summers. It was hard enough spending the fall and spring in College Station! Yeah, you are right, the drivers can be rather. .. challenging around there. Which town are you from? I doubt I'd know it, but I've heard a good number of them already.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:24 pm

I live in Cleveland. I actually lived in College Station for three months (would have been longer, but the timing was just bad). I worked at a salon there - Chrome (maybe you've heard of it?). Do you attend A&M. I feel in love with College Station, there's such a charm about the whole town. ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:36 pm

Sailor Andromeda wrote:
Brit-chan: Thanks for the welcome message! I actually have tons of family (mom's side) in Louisiana, so we visit as often as we can. Thanksgiving is a given, because let's face it, Southern women cook the best! It's cool to be able to meet people with the same interests as me that aren't that far from me.

Oh awesome! Where is your family at? I live in Lafayette while most of my family is either in Mandeville or Norco.
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:59 pm

Sailor Andromeda wrote:
I live in Cleveland. I actually lived in College Station for three months (would have been longer, but the timing was just bad). I worked at a salon there - Chrome (maybe you've heard of it?). Do you attend A&M. I feel in love with College Station, there's such a charm about the whole town. ^^

Yep! Got my undergrad there from 2004 to 2008. It's a fun town to live in, and an interesting school. I haven't heard of the salon, but I never did a lot of hair things while I was there.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 9:01 pm

The school is huge! I went on campus once while I was staying in College Station. I kind of miss it.
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 9:15 pm

I sometimes miss the school too. And yes! it is huge, I was glad they gave us 20 minutes between classes, but sometimes that wasn't even enough! But, I miss the town more cause that's where my friends are right now.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 9:17 pm

This might sound really corny, but to me that town has a certain magic to it. I just love it! It's like living in a huge town, but it had such a small town vibe.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 6:49 am

I'm so glad that you feel comfortable here! This place kind of has that ambiance to it, yah? Wink I think it is very friendly and relaxing here at well.

Ooh, what an awesome profession! I would definitely love some tips on lightening my hair. I imagine that you would have to bleach it though? I have curly hair, which is prone to getting frizzy if not properly moisturized (sigh) so I do not want to bleach my whole head. It is kind of worrisome. >_< A while back I bleached a few random chunks of hair and I actually really liked it. I thought I would get breakage but I didn't, which was a huge relief. And my hair falls below my shoulders too, so it is not like it is short and I have less to lose. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 8:51 am

This place has a really nice vibe to it, very easy to talk to other; which is something that I love. ^^

As for hair bleaching, the only thing I suggest is never going beyond a 30 volume developer (most people can get away with using a 20 volume) and also to use a bleach powder that is purple or blue (because that helps achieve a tone that isn't too yellow/orange). And also, to deep condition after, always! The hair may not look/feel damaged, but trust me when I say the damage is there.

Also, a really cool trick with curly hair it take a whole curl and bleach it. The effect it makes (when doing this to several coils) is really pretty. I learned that from somebody I trained under in a salon. Smile
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 11:25 am

Howdy and welcome! Nice to meet you and I hope you will like it here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)   Howdy y'all! (Newbie here) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy y'all! (Newbie here)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top