The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 2:58 pm

Anime - if we already went through "Luna had a crush on someone" and essentially made that a movie- why on earth would we repeat this process in Stars if she's supposed to be with artemis and yet we hardly see Luna and Artemis act all couply in the last season of the series?

also, whatever happened to Naru and Chad? did they like give up on even seeing the inner senshi at all after a while?  Mean, Chad's arc was quite influential...?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Elysion
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Elysion

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 4:06 pm

I'm totally in the questioning bandwagon with you about Luna and the guy she crushes on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kingdomofribbon http://ribbonlace.tumblr.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 4:14 pm

^I agree, that does sound really weird, and possibly a bad reflection on Luna's character. What, did they have a spat?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 4:29 pm

No, not even a spat.   At least in the manga there's that vague notion that Artemis might actually either be in love with/has a serious crush on Minako because he aliken her to the Goddess Aphrodite.  Which is quite understandable considering he's her partner and has been through a lot with her in the year before they came and joined the team.   

I can understand the jealousy that Luna exhibits there and how she could have a crush on Kakeru because she probably didn't think Artemis like as much then.  

But the Anime doesn't give us that lead up or anything.  In fact, I think their relationship is possibly the most underdeveloped one of all.  

The only time I ever saw Artemis depicted as maybe having a crush was that epsiode with the nun, but then it turned out he was looking at the church and the nun just happened to be in that area and he was thinking the church was a nice place to get married in. (Yet he gets in trouble for it because no one had the mind to ask him why he was looking over there.)

... So.. it's like, I don't understand how Luna gets to have two or three crushes/love interest but Artemis can't even get one other one besides her?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Elysion
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Elysion

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:15 pm

Yeah, I agree. I did like in the manga how there was a sort of pseudo-romantic relationship, or at least a crush,  on Artemis' part. But it's so interesting that it's heavily implied that they'll be together in the future, and then that assumption is made concrete with Diana appearing and saying she's their daughter.

I just wonder why Luna's and Artemis' "other' crushes/relationships/whatever are present, and then glossed over so much (if you don't count the movie with 'human' Luna).
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:26 pm

The movie with Human Luna is actually canon because the movie is based off the Manga that has the exact same storyline. (although done better imo.)

With Luna and Artemis, their romances are glossed over because they're secondary (or third really if you count the other senshi being second) characters and therefore their stories also- like a lot of characters- get the short end of the stick.    Though to be fair, at least Luna's were plot relevant (except for Yaten).   Artemis's were too in the manga.

Unfair, if you think how many crushes/romances Luna gets entangled in vs the one or zero for Artemis. (Luna got like..probably 4 in all. Rhett Butler, Artemis, Kakeru, and her one-sided crush on Yaten. With the latter being the most pointless subplot ever.)

But yeah, if it wasn't for Diana, I wouldn't believe Luna and Artemis were meant to be a couple in the future with the way the Anime treated the relationship.

Also..another What to Anime for me is the movie-
What is with Super Sailor Moon's speech at the Snow Queen in the Super/ Hearts in Ice Movie?  That has got to be the most random speech ever. Even Tuxe's speeches at least connect..that..was just bizarre..
Back to top Go down
Sailor Elysion
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Elysion

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:37 pm

Ah my mistake. ^^

Yeah, I agree with you. It's really sad to love the minor characters so much but they really do get glossed over. It's such a bummer. I really would have loved to see more of Artemis, especially with Minako/Sailor V more than just what the two volume manga dedicated to them reveals.

Unfortunately it's been ages for me since I've seen the movie so I can't discuss more detailed things like that speech. T^T
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:46 pm

I think Luna's "crush" on Yaten is more like an idol infatuation crush kind of like how all the girls daydream about the various Three Lights, but there is never anything SERIOUS. I think Luna's just more star struck and also acting more like a regular girl in the Stars season rather than a "guide" anymore (since like they don't really need them...since the anime downplayed their importance a bit more when it comes to the plot).
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:52 pm

I've sort of mentioned this before, but I want to comment on this again. What's with Usagi's disguise strategy early in the manga? I've been reading the Miss Dreams translation. I know Usagi uses the disguise pen in the Ami story, though I forget the exact details. And then there's the Rei story.

Usagi sees the bus being drawn into the black hole, and her reaction is to... turn into a stewardess and latch onto the bus. I didn't get it at the time. But then I started reading the story were Makoto came in, and though I didn't finish reading it due to, well, life, I did get to an interesting part. Usagi sees the monster, calls for the others, and then transforms into a groom. This was starting to form a pattern for her, disguising herself first. I would almost think the third case was a diversionary tactic, but she then transformed into Sailor Moon so fast I didn't really see the point.

I just don't get it. Is there something I'm missing? Is this a thing with Usagi's character that I am not getting? I get that she's a reluctant hero at first, but the second and third instances I mentioned just don't make sense,and I'm confused. Anybody else noticed that?

Also, when Luna refused to tell the girls what was going on in the beginning, saying "they wouldn't believe her anyway". When I read that, I wanted to say "Luna... you're a talking cat who gave them superpowers and got them to fight monsters. I think they'd believe you even if you told them you were from a land of pink elephants, polka-dotted skies, and lollipop trees."

Also, her plan of using the Arcade as a base in the manga doesn't seem very smart at all.
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th October 2013, 1:33 am

I think that early on, Usagi just likes the idea of using the Disguise Pen. It could also be a way for her to draw a line between herself as Usagi and herself as Sailor Moon--a sort of intermediate step. Or it could just be for fun. Usagi seems to like being in the spotlight.

As for Luna having a crush on Yaten, I don't really see what the problem is. Luna knows that she and Artemis will have a kitten in the future, but she may not be in love with him yet. She's around the same age as Usagi, so she has a lot of growing up to do. So does Artemis. They're not obligated to fall in love right now, just because they have a child in the future.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th October 2013, 2:06 am

The problem is that the main theme of Sailor moon is based on love and relationships.  Which is all well and good when you're able to back up the base of that relationship.

And I get that Luna is young and all- but frankly, I really don't see her and Artemis as a romantic option, especially when it's seems to be one-way and not mutual at all.  I also find it highly unfair to Artemis who got literally Zero other love interest options, while Luna got about four.  And then, added, if he is even -thought- to like someone else (As mentioned when Diana was introduced), he literally gets abuse for it. 

I don't find it attractive and I think, even if it's supposed to be for laughs, that it's just one of the weaknesses in the anime.  It's all well and good for Luna to be interested in others- but gods forbid if Artemis so much as looks at another person- even if that person isn't what he's even looking at.

That's why I find Luna's crush on Yaten (Starstruck or not) being an unnecessary thing, especially since we had an entire movie (and manga really) dedicated to her one-sided crush/love on another guy.  The whole Yaten subplot felt pretty contrived.  Her crush should've been replaced by her actually, you know,  detecting that Yaten wasn't a normal human and was investigating the Three Lights which would've allowed her to see them in a different light as far as the whole 'are they an enemy' angle which would've made for a better storyline.

The only thing I wished is for the anime to build their relationship up a bit.  We don't see it too often and it'd be nice if they had done it more in the last season.    So while Luna is under no obligation to fall in love with Artemis; they should've at least made her show more interest in Artemis than what they have been doing so far.   Which I hope is remedied, or at least make it fair so Artemis had an alternate love option that was an actual contender.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th October 2013, 1:26 pm

I found out something rather funny about the English anime. Okay, so Makoto was named Lita. From what I read, they gave her that name because it was similar to "lightning", which works just fine for someone like Sailor Jupiter.

But some internet research came up with something else. One of the things about Makoto is that she's extremely self-conscious about her body. Her height makes her stand out, and since the average height for men in Japan is about 5' 7" (and she's 5' 6"), her height not only makes her intimidating, but makes her more boyish. Her voice (at least in the English version) is also a bit boyish, and then there's her strength, and her knowing karate. And of course, she's said she really got into cooking and flower arranging originally in order to compensate for her perceived masculinity".

I looked up the meaning of Lita. It can be traced to multiple languages and multiple meanings. But one is really funny. Lita can be considered a diminutive form of the Spanish name Carlita. Carlita is the female form of the name Carlos. Carlita therefore has the same meaning (in the Spanish language) as Carlos, and Lita therefore also has the same meaning as Carlita.

You know what the meaning is in Spanish? Manly. In the Spanish language, Lita would mean "manly". For someone as self-conscious about her body and struggling to be feminine, I just find that hysterical. It probably wasn't intentional, but still...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga

View previous topic View next topic Back to top