The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Honey, I'm home! ^^,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maleficent
Star Seed

Maleficent

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Eclipse

Honey, I'm home! ^^, Empty
PostSubject: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:40 pm

Hey, everybody!

I joined GC today and have to say, it feels like I've found somewhere that I can get my Sailor Moon Fix. I've been itching to talk to people who also love the show, I think a friend of mine is beginning to get sick of it. Heh. I was stalking the forums last night and this morning after applying to join and there are some really talented/genuine people on here - all of you seem lovely! I look forward to getting to know each and every single one of my now fellow moonies!

I'm 20 years old, from England and can safely say that I adore everything Sailor Moon. However I do love a lot of other things, such as American television shows. I'm fascinated with them, so much so that by the end of the year, I'll be watching 89 separate series'. x)

Now, to the fun stuff!
I'll start by saying that unfortunately I haven't read any of the Manga or seen any Sera Myu. I have seen the anime (which I'm currently rewatching in light of the new series) and PGSM - which I absolutely loved! I have to admit that I was very surprise at how accurately they portrayed the characters! Everything about it was breathtaking <3

So is anybody else planning on watching the new series coming out December/January? I'm 'over the moon' about it, pun intended. I hope they do something amazing with it and don't mess it up because remakes are rarely better than the original; especially when the original was so successful.

I've watched the anime in both English and Japanese, and the Japanese version is far better. The English SM is very child-like and the voice changed in SMS was beyond awful. I also prefer the Japanese version of Uranus and Neptune. ^^,

Whilst looking through the forum last night and this morning, I saw a number of things that peaked my interest. Namely the writing competitions and the Roleplaying. Being an aspiring writer, I can guarantee that you will see some of the ideas that I've been itching to tackle come to life on here. Also, how active is the Roleplay? Is it something that everybody is in too or just a number of people?

Finally, I have a few favourite scouts but for different reasons.
Sailor Pluto - Everything about this character appeals to me, her design, her voice, the beautiful attacks etc. Although I'm eager to see what happens to her in the new series, especially since Pluto isn't a planet anymore. Hopefully they don't just forget about her. D:

Sailor Venus / J. Anime - I overall just love her character, especially her friendship with Jupiter. Her attacks and transformation are just beautiful.
Sailor Jupiter / J. Anime - For the same reasons as above, and my favourite colour is green. ^^
Sailor Moon / E. Anime - Purely the music. Her transformations ALWAYS manage to give me Goosebumps, again, it's just beautiful.

Next step, getting a mentor. ^^,!
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:46 pm

Welcome to GC Maleficent. I've never seen Sera Myu but I would highly recommend the manga, after reading it I determined that I liked it more than the anime. I'll defiantly watch the subbed version of the new anime, but I hope that it can be as decent as the original. Pluto is my second favorite Sailor Senshi myself.

I'm trying to get into roleplaying myself but there are far better experts on it here than I am at the amount.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:48 pm

Hello!! Since you've watched PGSM, you should definitely get around to reading the manga, as PGSM was a bit closer to the manga than the anime was. Plus the art work is so amazing in it. I've always loved Naoko's style. Smile

Anyway, welcome to the forums! It seems you'll fit right in! I'm personally not active in the roleplay, but we have many members who are and would be very eager to have you join! Also, feel free to post in the writers section! We have quite a few aspiring writers here ourselves. Very Happy

I hope you enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:49 pm

Welcome, Maleficent! It's so great to see somebody to eager to jump into the forums! <3 If you ever have any questions feel free to ask our members director, Sailor Jupiter, or even myself! We have plenty of neat things here for you to jump into!
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:49 pm

Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place for Sailor Moon chat. =p it's good to meet other Moonies from the UK too, sometimes I feel we're a rare breed!

There is a role playing and writing guild you can join, click here for more info. It's pretty active, I'd say? <3

I've never seen any Myus either but you can learn a lot about them from people here and there's sometimes live streams too!

Hope you enjoy your time here. ^^
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 1:50 pm

Welcome to the GC, love! PGSM is by far my personal favorite version of Sailor Moon. I also ridiculously highly recommend reading the manga. The manga explains so many things the anime doesn't and lets you see how the Sailor Senshi truly are from their origins. 

As a Sailor Moon fan, I definitely plan to watch the re-make series. I have high hopes for it and hope it will pertain it's plot more towards the manga. That's part of the reason why I suggest reading the manga so it will help see the similarities if they do that. 

If you have any questions or want to request some graphics, feel free to PM me. <3
Back to top Go down
Maleficent
Star Seed

Maleficent

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 2:06 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys. Smile
I plan on joining the guilds right away.

I will definitely consider reading the Manga Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 2:17 pm

You can find the manga online on a site called mangafox.me. You've inspired me to re-read it, so I hope to be able to chat with you about it soon. ;]
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 2:20 pm

Welcome to the GC Maleficent! 
we're glad to have you in the forums ^-^
As for the new series, yes, I'm actually quite excited about it! I hope it's way better than the original, since it's not my favorite version of Sailor Moon, anyways. I totally recommend you to read the manga, it's totally worth it! And the Sailor V manga too, if you are not familiar with it yet.  
Here is the link to our Mentor & Buddy Program, in case you want to join Smile 
As the Members Director, do not hesitate any questions you have ^^
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 2:22 pm

YAY, someone who watched PGSM! It's my favorite version! anyway, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Maleficent
Star Seed

Maleficent

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 3:19 pm

I thought I'd re-write my second post since I was in a little bit of a hurry before!

@Silence Wall
Yes, Pluto is magnificent in so many ways. It seems that almost evrybody loves the SM Manga, I will definitely look into it. In that case, I look forward to RPing with you soon! I've RP'd on another site where I have also uploaded some of my writing. If you'd like any advice/help on Rping, don't hesitate to ask!

@Small Lady
Ah, then I really will need to read the Manga. Especially since I fell in love with the characters more after watching it. I actually tried to rewatch the other night but I can't seem to find them on YouTube. May I asked where you watched them?

@Sailor Mercury
Thanks so much! It really is amazing to see a SM community that is still very much active and has wonderful Admin to boot!

@SenshiRei
Heh, yes, a rare breed indeed. You're actually the first UK fan I've communicated in any way. So, yay! Also, thank you for linking me to the guilds. I look forward to joining them and getting to know you more Smile

@Lust
Okay, you have me sold! I admit that whilst the anime is brilliant, it's very linear and basic in terms of detailing their origin stories. If the Manga details more about them and their past lives, I'm more than eager to start reading. Also, thank you for linking me to that website. It will give me something to do at work, heh.

@Sailor Jupiter
First of all, I lovelovelove your avatar! You seem like another wonderful Admin so it's a pleasure to meet you! Do you suggest that I start with the Sailor V Manga before the SM Manga or does it tie in somewhere with the SM Manga? Sorry if that is a ridiculous question, but I know little to nothing about the Manga series. Again, thank you for the Mentor/Buddy link. Smile

@Tuxedo Mistress
Heh, I really like your username. Thank you for the welcome! PGSM was pretty darn amazing! ^^

Thanks again everybody!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 3:59 pm

Hi! Welcome to GC! ^^ 
Love the username, it reminds me of the Disney Movie!
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 4:03 pm

Thanks =)

also, i forgot to mention before, Jupiter rocks! =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime23rd August 2013, 10:54 pm

Welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Lunarfluff
Pyramidal Crystal

Lunarfluff

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Lunar Pixie

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime25th August 2013, 4:10 pm

Welcome and nice introduction! Have fun Honey, I'm home! ^^, 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Maleficent
Star Seed

Maleficent

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime25th August 2013, 4:48 pm

Thankyou!
I love your avatar, @Lunarfluff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm home! ^^,   Honey, I'm home! ^^, I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honey, I'm home! ^^,

View previous topic View next topic Back to top