The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Least Favorite Soldier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 2:33 am

SerenaFan wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I can empathize with your opinions over Haruka in the S anime, Serena. I think the writers did a horrible job of portraying her. She spends the majority of the season cold and aloof and berating Sailor Moon. In the manga she is a beautiful figure who loves Usagi very much. I have always found her affection towards Usagi to be so endearing. But in the anime, she is can be lacking in character.

Chibi Moon though, oh gosh, why did she have to have an entire season dedicated to her? Gyah.
Yeah, she is definitely more warm in the manga. I don't know why they chose for her to be so cold in the anime.

IMO, Outers in anime (especially Haruka and Michiru, with emphasis on Haruka) are portrayed in such a way in order to contrast their cynical pragmaticism with Inners' idealism.

And as for my least favourite soldier, I would be Chibiusa. I actually would prefer she never came back in S (she could be given her movie or maybe her own short series). I don't think her return was well justified given the necessity of time travel and paradoxes it creates.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 9:39 am

Enterprise wrote:
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has just watched the first two seasons and has just started S ..

My least favorite so far would have to be Sailor Mercury. It's odd, because she was my favorite Sailor when I was a child. She does seem to have a different personality in the original compared to the dub, so that might be why. She just doesn't do anything all that interesting. She's the nice, caring girl with no outstanding negative qualities .. so that makes her a bit boring.

I still like her, especially her design .. there needs to more girls with short hair! She just falls a little flat.

Now although Mercury is not my least favorite character, I can understand her being yours. I really liked Ami in the beginning, when she was Usagi's first friend. The two of them were so opposite that it made for an endearing friend and she was a lovely balance to Usagi. It was also sweet to see Usagi pull Ami out of her shell. But after the rest of the girls appeared, hm, that balance was lost. Out of all of the Senshi, she tends to fall into the shadows for me. Almost, the least memorable to me? I feel bad saying that because she isn't an annoying character to me, just... does not phase me very much. What you said: she's the nice, caring girl with no outstanding negative qualities .. so that makes her a bit boring. :/
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 9:51 am

my least favorite senshi is Chibi Moon.
I mean, that girl is awful!

But, aside from her, I would say Mercury as well, even though I wanted to do cosplay of her when I was younger(and had short hair)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 4:42 pm

Wow all the chibi moon hate. Its like...you guys didn't read the manga. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 4:47 pm

I like chibi moon in the manga. I really like her and usagis relationship in the manga.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2012, 8:01 pm

Sailor Mercury/Ami

I didn't like her much, when i saw SM back in middle school. and i still don't like her that much.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th July 2012, 3:30 am

Small Lady wrote:
Wow all the chibi moon hate. Its like...you guys didn't read the manga. Sad

I did - and though she is slightly nicer I still see little need of her getting back after Black Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th July 2012, 9:02 am

PGSM ~ Sailor Luna
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th July 2012, 9:21 am

For me, it's a matter of which one I don't like the MOST, because I love all of the main girls to death. Unfortunately, that title falls to Haruka just because I have such a hard time relating to her. I can find something I really relate to in all of them except Haruka. We don't have any of the same interests in common, or sexuality, personality, etc.

It doesn't mean I DISLIKE her (I love Haruka) but out of all of them I like her the LEAST.

I also have a hard time relating to Ami. I feel like the anime didn't do the best job in portraying her. In the manga and in PGSM, we see Ami is not all she seems on the surface. She is ridden with self-doubts and often wonders if studying is ALL there is to her. I felt really close to Ami in PGSM because she worries constantly about losing Usagi's friendship because of the way she is, to the point where she spends an entire episode trying to mold herself into the kind of friend she believes Usagi thinks is ideal. I think we've ALL been there, so desperate to keep a friend that we try to change ourselves, or at the very least, doing things we wouldn't normally do. Unfortunately, I didn't feel any kind of connection to Ami in the anime because it seemed like all she did was study, study, study.

Moving on to more minor characters, I really didn't like the Starlights all that much. Yaten was the only one I genuinely liked. Seiya was too pushy for my tastes (I don't DISLIKE her but I'm not really a fan) and Taiki was just boring and rude to me. I really disliked how the Starlights barged into the last season and took the spotlight away from the Solar System senshi, excluding Usagi, of course. In the manga they were very minor characters; Kakyuu had a bigger role (speaking of which, I freaking LOVE Kakyuu, don't you change bby gurl). I think I liked Yaten because she was upfront about her chibi and OWNED it (also, in her profile, under the "clubs" portion for listing the school club one would be part of she listed the "Going Home Club." Is this me or what) while Taiki sort of seemed like she had this belief that she was better than everybody else and so it gave her the right to be rude. She seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she could be a pretty big jerk from time to time and never made any attempt to better herself. Like I mentioned above, Seiya was just too pushy for me. For an anxiety-prone person like me, an impulsive, self-assertive person like Seiya is our worst nightmare.

I also hate Tin Nyanko. That ho killed my Crow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th July 2012, 9:55 am

Oh, also, the dub does a GREAT job in making the characters unlikable. It's outstanding, really.

(all memes made by the amazing Sal)

Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 Tumblr94
Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 Tumblr95
Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 Tumblr96
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2012, 8:48 am

For me, I dislike Sailor Chibi Moon. Nothing against her but as someone else pointed out, why is she really even there?

I also don't really like Sailor Mercury's character. It's not that I don't love her but she seems, very flat. All she cares about is studying and academics and there's little else to her personality. All the other inner senshi seemed to have developed more than she has and it's sad because I think she could be an amazing character.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th November 2012, 5:34 pm

Hm.. in order of my least favorite?

Chibiusa-anime wise. Dub made her just worse. And like others, I didn't see the point of her in S and SuperS- (I felt she was horseshoed in the show in a bad way but the comics, I didn't get that feeling too much. )

The Starlights in general. After reading the comic before seeing the Stars, I had been looking forward to seeing them, but the personalities were horrible to me. They were hostile, pushy and down right annoying- Especially Seiya's character. I didn't find her romantic, I found her annoying and..well. wrong. Like she kept pushing herself on Usagi, when it's obvious Usagi needs a friend not a new beau. I didn't think Seiya acted like a friend. So, the character was off putting anime wise.

Though, I wish I could add Luna to this list. But..oh well.

Most of these characters I find off putting, I like them better in other medias.
Back to top Go down
Funny Woman
Star Seed

Funny Woman

Star Seed

Title : Winner

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th November 2012, 5:51 pm

The anime made a lot of the characters in general easy to dislike. I remember when I was younger I strongly disliked Chibiusa/Rini, I found her annoying. Her voice drove me crazy, and it still does!

When I read the manga (which only happened in the last few months I'll have you know), I actually didn't mind her. The relationship between her and Usagi is well done in the manga, in my opinion.
The anime (English dub anyway. I can't comment on the original Japanese) constantly made it more like a "big sister and little annoying sister" relationship.

Currently, I only feel a form of slight dislike for Ami/Mercury, just because. I can't even define why. I just don't like her. I never really did like her to start with either.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th November 2012, 5:55 pm

I love everyone of them but if I had to pick one, and I mean i haaaad to

it would be the anime's Uranus. Like goodness, is the fact shes boyish the only thing that matters about her? Surely there's more to Haruka than just motorcycles and cars and teasing pretty girls and being annoyed at things.

Though the anime wasn't that great at seeing characters from different angles (Michiru. Setsuna. Makoto. Looking at you girls)
Back to top Go down
InitialA
Pyramidal Crystal

InitialA

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Herald of the New Age

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd November 2012, 11:39 pm

The Starlights, and Sailor Mars.

Starlights is now more of a bitterness thing because I despise Seiya/Usagi, but I have never liked Sailor Mars. The dub made her a horrid, horrid girl, and I could never see why the others hung out with her. (this has since let me to question Rei/Usagi shippers, because of this deep-seeded dislike of Mars. I'm better with her now, that I'm older and do respect her character a bit more, but old prejudices die hard)

I actually really like Chibimoon! I never minded her as a kid, and then as I grew up and studied her character a lot more, I can see why she does the things she does, and she just has a hard time explaining her reasons, letting everyone else figure her out. (which i guess is kind of like Rei, but I have admitted I treat Rei unfairly) I have this unholy obsession with Chibimoon having a spinoff series about her adventures with her senshi and Helios. Alas, I have to stick with fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
http://initiala.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/midnightarticuno
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Symphonia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th November 2012, 6:06 am

Probably Chibimoon. I'm not a big fan of kids mostly because about a 1/3 of them act like she does ahaha. No offense to anyone but she's a little annoying *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th November 2012, 6:32 am

Before i read the manga

I disliked soooooooo much Chibi-Usa, omg...the anime didn't help her much and it annoyed me the fact season 4 was all about her .__." i thought it wasn't fair for the others.

Seiya, and all because the Seiya/Usagi ship...actually the Seiya/Usagi fans made me HATE Seiya, i can't stand him at all, i laughed in the anime but inside me i was "i hate you sooo much >_>"

Rei/Sailor Mars

Even tho it looked like she was the one who loved the most Usagi, i couldn't stand her personality, it annoyed me sooo much ._.

After PGSM and some manga reading

With Chibi-Usa, i had to read the manga around...5 times, to finally realize i just don't like anime Chibi-Usa, in the manga she's so more likable, and i can tolerate her more, in fact around the time it was my 10th time i read the manga i started to like her, so i blame the anime xD.

I still hate Rei, that didn't change much.

Same story with Seiya, i hate him even more after i read the manga xD.

hopefully this changes (except for Seiya you're not good enough for the moon princess >_>) after the new anime airs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th December 2012, 10:59 am

Sailor Cosmos wrote:
For me, it's a matter of which one I don't like the MOST, because I love all of the main girls to death.

I have the same problem. I love them all, but if I had to choose one that I loved slightly less than the others, it would be Minako. Or, at least, Minako as she's portrayed in the anime. I felt like the anime tried to make her too much like Usagi instead of the (slightly) more mature character that she was in the manga.
Back to top Go down
salve dei genetrix
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th December 2012, 11:25 am

This is a brave thread in a way, and it's kind of nice that people are willing to chat about their least favs. Very Happy

I don't really take the Starlights into consideration... and when I was younger I would not have hesitated to say Rei, but I've come to understand her more and even like her.

For me it'll always be Chibi Moon. She's improved in the manga but still not my cup of tea. But in the anime, oh man... It was hard for me to get through Super S, honestly. And then whenever my dear Usagi and Mamo-chan had a moment, she'd crash it and then I would be like zomg GTFO Chibi-Usa, get off my "ship"!
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th December 2012, 11:40 am

Probably my least favorite would have to be.... Sailor Mars. In the anime, she's can be a total witch, and even though she apparently does really care for Usagi very much, I would t want a friend like that. The manga Rei/Mars is better, but she's really stuck up to me, I can't stand people like that. If I remember correctly, she even makes the claim in her and Minako's exam story that she doesn't fart! I don't think you can be more prissy than that.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
Vaas Rutten
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2013, 7:00 pm

It's between Sailor Mini Moon and Sailor Venus.

I used to despise Sailor Mini Moon but when I watched Sailor Moon S, I grew to be fond of her and actually wanted to see more of her with her Pink Sugar Heart Attack. However, I still prefer the focus on the other senshi.

In the anime, Sailor Venus was just kind of "there". To me, she could have been erased and aside from a couple of episodes, I really wouldn't notice.

I was never too fond of Sailor Saturn either now that I think about it.

I'm going to say Sailor Venus is my least favorite.

I
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2013, 7:21 pm

Favourite, at the moment I would say Sailor Moon but it changes all the time

Least-favourite, at the moment Sailor Uranus, but i dont dislike her or anything
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2013, 7:41 pm

Current Stats for least favorite:

Amazingly now, Usagi herself has now made her way on my list of least favorite. At least her Anime counterpart has and it can probably be blamed mainly on SuperS as I felt her maturity had taken a stepback from all the progress she's made. (And not to mention the Glass Slipper Episode. I.Cannot.Stress.How disappointed I was in her there. Geezus, you're suppose to be the personification of 'pure love' and such, but you slap your boyfriend? Never cool or acceptable. Ever. )

Eh, Seiya's still there. I want to like this character, but I just can't. The anime counterpart makes me shudder.

.-.;
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyperia
Star Seed

Princess Hyperia

Star Seed

Title : Princess of the New Moon

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2013, 9:00 pm

I really don't like the Starlights, but mostly because I'm not into their character design and their portrayal in the anime.

I also thought Sailor Saturn was a bit of a let-down, at least from how I first saw her in the anime. I remember being really excited that there was still one sailor senshi left that was new to me after meeting Uranus and Neptune, and I just didn't find her interesting at all. Maybe I'm biased because I've been a very shy person for most of my life, I still have a severely hard time starting a conversation with someone I've never talked to before, and I don't think loneliness/shyness makes for a very interesting sole character trait, on its own, and the way they developed it wasn't interesting to me. I don't like the "ill girl" trope in anime in general.

My least favourite of the Inner Senshi is Venus, who I find just kind of dull in the anime. I actually thought she got less development than the others.

Mercury, for example, didn't get a whole lot of time focused on her, but what she did get was pretty good -- in particular I'm thinking of when her Pure Heart was taken in Sailor Moon S -- when we saw how she doubted herself, and what motivated her beyond academic achievement. Also, I think she's a character type that's probably intuitively understood by a Japanese audience which has been largely exposed to that particular academic mentality, so it's not quite as necessary to pick her apart.

Venus just seems... flat. I feel like people don't even notice that they don't notice her. It really makes me want to read the manga and see what tomboy Minako is like.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 5:34 am

At times I've disliked Sailor Moon herself. Like in the episode that Ktenshi mentioned, where she slapped Mamoru.

One senshi that I consider my least favorite is Sailor Mercury. Not that I hate her or find her annoying or anything, but she's just the least interesting for me.

And I don't like the characterization for some of the senshi in the anime, like that of the Starlights, or Sailor Venus, or Sailor Mars, or Sailor Uranus, or Sailor Neptune. Actually, I might as well say most of them in the anime. The anime was just awful at characterization in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 7:28 am

so, i have changed my least favorite senshi. Neptune takes the cup. I even like Uranus, but I'm not really an Outer fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 8:11 am

Favorite senshi at the moment: Sailor Ceres

Least Favorite at the moment: None really
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 10:56 am

I enjoy the outers for the most part, but I think over all they're a bit of a let down in both the manga and the anime. I just feel like they needed more characterization. Uranus and Neptune are always looked at as one person. Then Saturn and Pluto get the short end of the stick. It's kind of disappointing.

Out of the outers Saturn is my favorite and then it's Pluto. Uranus and Neptune are my least favorites because the fandom kind of ruin their characters for me. I feel like they big make such a big deal about them being a couple. I really don't see the big deal.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 11:55 am

Unsure if I posted in this thread or not, but my least favorite it Sailor Venus.... Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 2632955583 I never liked her... and I can't get through the Sailor V manga.......
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Title : Crack Pair Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 6:25 pm

While I like them all, some more then others, if I had to absolutely pick a least favorite, it would have to be Sailor Mercury. She's nice and smart, but in comparison to the other senshi, she just kind of falls... flat. And I find her attacks really boring. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Soldier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top