The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Question about Moon Cats in StarS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

Question about Moon Cats in StarS Empty
PostSubject: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 3:44 pm

So I finally got my last Kodansha book yesterday and tore through it in an hour xD But one thing kept bugging me about the events with Lethe. 

It was pretty obvious that what happened with Lethe in the river was all an illusion. Here we see Lethe showing Usagi her cats and they seem happy and their Moon marks are intact which suggests that this is an illusion. Cuz when Usagi left them with her mom they were scared and worried and their marks were damaged.

Spoiler:

But then we see ChibiUsa later on after she save Sailor Moon and Kakyuu and Chibi Chibi from Heavy Metal Papillon and she says when they went to earth to find them there that the moon cats were gone as well. She even says "they'd already been done in too" which could be a bad translation error but whatevs xD

Spoiler:

And then after that we dont see or hear anything of the Moon Cats even after everything and everyone is restored. Im think were supposed to assume that the moon cats are brought back along with everyone else but idk. 

So my question is did the Moon Cat's really die in StarS? Im pretty sure when Lethe showed Usagi was an illusion but is there a chance that one of Galaxia's minons went to Usagi's house and killed the cats for real?
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 4:01 pm

I think Lethe really DID kill the cats. However, it's still a big plot hole as of HOW she brought them here.
Oooooor they passed away due to Nyanko's spell.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 4:16 pm

I don't believe they died and I do believe it was all in illusion. Otherwise the events that happened with Diana would also mean that Neo Queen Serenity would've known this would happen- and allowed it to happen as events occurred. 

Though, I have to also pose this question- If the Cats were taken by Galaxia's minions: Does that Mean that Usagi's Family were also killed considering the cats were left with them as well?

And it couldn't been from Nynako's spell, because Kakyuu said they were fine when Usagi visited her. 

I think, really it's probably a weird translation. I've got to check my books to see if it is or not.

Edit: 

Crap, it's been a while since I read Stars, but in my translation it -does- lead you to believe that they may have died or been injured. 

Mostly because Luna Artemis's bodies were disappearing. The same way that the Sailor Senshi's bodies were disappearing.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 4:43 pm

Yeah that's another thing. Their bodies are fading just like the Senshi's bodies xD 

Guys I think our Moon Kitties did die Sad
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 4:54 pm

Yeah, they DID die. But I'm sure they were fine at the end! ....Right?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 5:17 pm

Of course they'd be fine.  Phobos and Demios are fine, but we don't see them most of the time in the Manga. 

Not to mention if they werent then Chibiusa would've never met Diana anyway.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 5:34 pm

True true. Yay for regenerative powers ^^
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 6:09 pm

you know, they could've been killed -with the Tsukino family- and their starseeds were regenerated like the Sailor Senshi into more 'evil' or 'docile' versions to be killed.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 6:33 pm

This was a huge thing on Tumblr last thanksgiving! ((Just a random comment - I came to terms with what I believe on the matter (painfully and with much crying via writing a drabble) but I think, honestly, it can still be fought for either side.))

(((....but why would Luna and Artemis miss Usagi's wedding justthrowingthatouttherekbai)))((Relevant Link! That Drabble: Goodbye))
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 6:42 pm

They probably didn't miss Usagi and Mamoru's wedding.  But on the flip side- why would all of Usagi and Mamoru's friends miss their wedding/and Usagi's family?

This is, of course, unless they're all dead.   But that wouldn't be a happy ending if they all were dead.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:20 pm

Bad Kyra! No sad stories about the kitties Sad

I dont want them to be dead Question about Moon Cats in StarS 2869872805
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:22 pm

mysteryloveandjustice wrote:
Bad Kyra! No sad stories about the kitties Sad

I dont want them to be dead Question about Moon Cats in StarS 2869872805

Mwahahaa.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:33 pm

I personally like to believe that at that point it the manga it was probably so rushed poor Naoko just forgot to include them in the wedding scene. I don't think she would ever kill the kitties off just like that. They never died off in other versions of sailor moon. :/

I can't really accept that anyone (main characters: moon kitties, moon and co., tuxie, and (as for side chars: usa's family, naru, etc. are included in the not dying)) in Sailor Moon actually really die (cause i mean, its Sailor Moon). The only exception is that one musical where THAT THING THAT IS NEVER TO BE SAID happens but they change it in the kaiteiban of it sooooo, i don't believe it happens there either. xD
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:46 am

On the contrary, if I recall correctly, Naoko was dying to be allowed to kill off characters.  But her editor wouldn't let her.  xD

So, I can see the cats being dead.  I can also see them being reborn later, or being resurrected at some point.  Or even Naoko electing to not illustrate them in those shots for teh pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:55 am

Oooh you are right (but didn't she get the chance to kill all the peoples in Stars anyway so why kill kitties? D:)

Also...

i had something and i lost it. o.o
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 12:04 pm

I always just assumed that when Usagi decided that she wanted all of her friends to be alive again, that it included the moon cats. Why wouldn't they come back?

I also never gave much thought to whether Lethe killed them, because I always thought it was pretty clear that they were dead *somehow* when Chibiusa came in.

I'm just gonna assume that this was a plot hole
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 10:51 am

I can't see cats' killing as illusion - Chibiusa immediately feels attack on Diana. Also, earlier Galaxia shows Usagi death of Uranus and Neptune, which Usagi initially dismisses as illusion - but it turns out to be true. Galaxia and her minions don't play with fake illusions.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
MistressChibiusa
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 9:38 am

Ktenshi wrote:
Of course they'd be fine.  Phobos and Demios are fine, but we don't see them most of the time in the Manga. 

Not to mention if they werent then Chibiusa would've never met Diana anyway.

But Diana's existence wouldn't be concrete. We know that when Usagi or Mamoru's life is threatened, Chibiusa fades out of existence. Therefore we can conclude that Luna and Artemis aren't guarenteed to survive to see Crystal Tokyo and their death in Stars ensured Diana would never even be born. 

I wonder how no Diana would affect the future Chibiusa's senshi training...
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 10:52 am

It is as concerete as Chibiusa's.  If Chibiusa will exist in the future 9as she is seen in the Cauldron as well) than it goes without saying that diana will also be in the future. 

Because the Logic dictates that if Artemis and luna had died, they- like the Crows- would've gone to the Cauldron. Everything, in the Sailor Moon world, is born from the Cauldron and not just Sailor Crystals or special Starseeds.  It would mean that at the end, where Sailor Cosmos is standing and all the other Starsseeds that have been killed because of Galaxia were going back to where they originally came. 

This would and could include Artemis, Luna, Diana, and the Crows- Phobeos and Demios.  Everything going back to what it had originally been.

Considering Guardian Cosmos seems to make a point in giving a choice on whether you want to stay there or not, it's most likely that the Mauians went back to where they were from along with the Crows.

There's nothing to say otherwise and because Chibiusa's first time-travel now seals in a time loop, Diana will be there, and will be present in the future.  There's really no other way for that particular timeline to work without it.

Because without Diana-
Pluto would've never left the Time Gate in the first place.
Chibiusa would've truly been friendless and without guardianship
not to mention there would've been nothing to alert Chibiusa of how dire things were and wouldn't have prompted her to go back in time again to the Cauldorn (which I consider displaced from time all together) and she wouldn't have met the Asteroid Senshi either or at least not until another time and date. 

and most of all, if Diana didn't exist- I'm pretty sure Luna and Artemis would also not be as close as they seem to be. 

I mean we SEE Luna and Artemis in the future when their bodies are reacting the same way as say: Endymion, Venus, Mecurcy, Mars, Jupiter and Pluto.  Whom we never see are Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune which is more questionable of "they no longer exist" because we never see them in the future at all. But we do see Diana, Artemis, Luna in the future and refrences made by Chibiusa and in the comic itself using Chibiusa as a device to confirm that they were and are there. 

Anything else is pure speculation without any real support.
Back to top Go down
plutonia
Star Seed

plutonia

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 10:27 am

When I read through the manga the first time, I was so horrified when the cats died in Stars. I just figured they were dead since the senshi couldn't find them on Earth, and took it as entirely separate from the illusion.

And Ktenshi makes some good points about the future supporting the cats being revived later. Diana is definitely integral to a lot of the plot, and if Luna and Artemis didn't get a chance to give birth to her, there would be some complicated time travel problems. Would the past change? We don't get any impression of any timeline disturbances, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that the cats are brought back to life, continue on with their lives, have Diana, and the future occurs the way the rest of the story supports.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 10:32 am

I like that theory just because I don't want the cats to die.

But it would really all depend on if time is a linear thing in Sailor Moon or not. Naoko never really goes into how time works in-verse and there are times where I think she kind of ignores it and just uses time travel as a plot device and never thought how it would affect the world. If time isn't linear, its possible that it could do a thing like in DBZ, where different timelines are created. OR It could be Doctor Who style and be wibbly wobbly.

But for the sake of not breaking my heart because i can't stand thinking the cats aren't alive, I'm inclined to believe they do survive, Naoko just forgot was tired of drawing so many characters to put them in for the wedding part. ^^
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 1:11 pm

I seem to recall it being stated somewhere in the manga that the cats had star seeds similar to sailor crystals, does anyone else recall this? Because if that's the case, then is it possible that they could have been reborn again?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 2:46 pm

I think you are right, there is a part where it says their crystals are similar...I think its after they get injured and their crescents are damaged so they can't speak. If i remember correctly, its Kakyuu who says it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Moon Cats in StarS   Question about Moon Cats in StarS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Moon Cats in StarS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top