The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:27 am

How do you think star seeds become Sailor Crystals?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:31 am

I think since Sailor Moon, the series, is very rooted in destiny and fate, Sailor Crystals are already born as Sailor Crystals and are pre-destined to be Sailor Crystals. I'm not sure if star seeds CAN become Sailor Crystals. Though I think a rereading of the Stars arc of the manga would help me think on this a bit more. xD
Back to top Go down
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:38 am

I'm with Small Lady. I think that Sailor Crystals were already destined to be Sailor Crystals, while normal Star Seeds where meant to be what they are as well.
I highly doubt that a normal Star Seed can become a Sailor Crystal, but if we go by the manga canon, it is possible for one with a normal Star Seed to steal the Sailor Crystal of a Sailor Soldier and become one.
Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:54 am

These are some interesting theories^^

I'm currently rereading the manga again and I was curious when Kakyuu talked about how Luna, Artemis and Diana ave star seeds that are similar to that of Senshi Crystals and in another thread discussing Phobos and Deimos and how they and Lead Crow were in training under Sailor Kronos.

What made me curious are these pages

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:55 am

I'm a fan of the theory that you earn the power or that the Planet/star/moon chooses it's guardians. Essentially, you have to prove to the planet/star/moon that you're worthy of that power to begin with.  Now whether you do it for good or not, isn't in the equation, just that you possess the qualities that fit that specific planetary/celestial need.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 10:58 am

I like that theory as well^^

Like, you are a normal star seed in life and you did something in that life that stood out and when your starseed goes to the cordon to be recycled as all stars do, instead of being recycled the starseed is reincarnated into a senshi crystal
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 11:05 am

It might be interesting to compare translations too because I know the Stars arc of the Mixx/Tokyopop translation is sketchy at parts. ^^

But I did forget about Artemis, Luna, and Diana... maybe some star seeds have the ability to grow and get stronger than a normal starseed?

Its just with the huge emphasis on fate and destiny in throughout the series (with the exception of PGSM which we don't need to worry about in this case xD) it leads me to believe that Sailor Crystals are predestined... but it seems I really do need to reread the Stars arc. xD
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime16th July 2013, 11:11 am

Destiny can still play a part, because it could be that "this starseed was destined to become a senshi crystal"

When they say "Special star seeds grow to become Sailor Crystals, they get transported to selected planets" and that selection could be a process of destiny.

I think that destiny only begins with Sailor Senshi and the normal people have free will. The free will to become good or evil because destiny plays a large part in Sailor Moon's fate, but there is still choice and they fight because destiny is not written in stone. Perhaps it's more like a mixture of free will, destiny and fate.
Back to top Go down
Death_Reborn_Revolution6
Star Seed

Death_Reborn_Revolution6

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 2:36 pm

I like the ideas of others on here. I think they are pretty spot on. I always thought of the sailor crystals as special star seeds meant to protect as well as watch over the planet they are sent to. The Sailor crystals are 'eternal' star seeds while as normal people have 'mortal' star seeds that fade if removed.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 4:55 pm

*sneaks in guiltily*

The way I've always understood it was that Sailor Crystals are born in the Galaxy Cauldron as star seeds, but there they mature, soaking in the light and hope and goodness that the Cauldron provides and fosters. When ready, they are sent out to planets and stars without star seeds (either newly formed, or perhaps recently lost a senshi) and grow within the celestial body (star/planet/asteroid/etc), attuning itself to that planet completely. Its wills, its powers, its energy. When finally, fully matured, having been born and raised in the Cauldron and brought up by its Celestial Body, it is ready to pick a host.

Is this host predetermined? Is their soul there first, before the Sailor Crystal takes the place of their star seed? Or does that Sailor Crystal host their true soul? Are they that intertwined with their planet that they share the same life force, life energy, and soul? We don't know. Is it destiny, fate, or luck - one thing I'm certain of, which hurts my heart since Naoko seems to go back and forth on it in - is that a person is born a senshi, she, and everyone else, just don't know it yet.

Naoko going back and forth?:

So what about those 'trained with' statements?

Well, maybe, especially on older, well-developed planets, they've got their history down-pat, and they know when about a Sailor Crystal will be born. Maybe they can sense it, even; maybe they can feel it coming. Like a collective sigh of relief, or a spontaneous smile, a feeling of happiness or peace, they know when their Sailor Senshi has been born. ... now, which one of these young girls is she?

So maybe they have training schools. Maybe every little girl who might possibly be their senshi (within a certain age range, for example, or maybe they had a way of sensing pure hearts, or dreams, or even exceptionally bright star seeds) entered those senshi training academies, and they trained every little girl to be a senshi, hoping that one of those girls was she. I mean, either way it's a win for them - their senshi gets training from a young age, and they get at least a generation of girls raised with senshi standards and morals.

Maybe that's just what they meant in the first place, and by 'train' they meant 'went to school with' or maybe Chronos was a war-like planet where everyone goes through training, and Phobos and Deimos and Lead Crow were in the same unit as Sailor Corvus?

Maybe Luna and Artemis, who obviously remembered their home planet and were sent* to the Moon to be advisers (*sent or volunteered or howeverelse they got there), were high up in the social or political world, and knew Sailor Mau professionally.

This stuff is begging for headcanoning. =)
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Nisora
Star Seed

Nisora

Star Seed

Title : AKA: Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime29th November 2013, 5:02 am

I'm gonna have to go back into my SuperS and read that part about Mars, because I don't recall it..
What I've just read in Stars is interesting, though - The outer senshi were given their castles AT BIRTH by Queen Serenity. Did she just choose these little babies herself, were there once planetary royal bloodlines and they had it by birthright (as in, the sailor crystal would be reincarnated throughout a bloodline) or could she sense their sailor crystals and just happened to know what child was the rightful heir to each planet and respective castle? Or did she take a stroll through/to sagittarius zero star and say "hmmm these crystals look about ripe" and got the best of the bunch to be tossed into the cauldron for the planet's guardians?

The Sailor Moon Wikia says, "Stars are born within the Cauldron and when they die they return to the Cauldron. Stars are recycled and reborn there and Senshi Crystals are created through its Lambda power. The Lambda power is the true form of the Cosmos Crystal."

...I have no idea what Lambda even means, so lets google it!

Lambda (uppercase Λ, lowercase λ; Greek: Λάμ(β)δα lam(b)da) is the 11th letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals lambda has a value of 30. Lambda is related to the Phoenician letter Lamed Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals 15px-Phoenician_lamedh.svg. Letters in other alphabets that stemmed from lambda include the Latin L and the Cyrillic letter El (Л, л). The ancient grammarians and dramatists give evidence to the pronunciation as [laːbdaː] (λάβδα) in Classical Greek times.[1] In Modern Greek the name of the letter, Λάμδα, is pronounced [lamða]; the spoken letter itself has the sound of [l] as with Latinate "L".

• Lambda can mean the empty set in mathematics, though other symbols are more commonly used, such as Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals D096fc15d57854ec89d746709b02e52e.
  • The lambda particle is a type of subatomic particle in subatomic particle physics.
  • Lambda is the set of logical axioms in the axiomatic method of logical deduction in first-order logic.
  • Lambda is the von Mangoldt function in mathematical number theory.
  • In statistics, Wilks's lambda is used in multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA analysis) to compare group means on a combination of dependent variables.
  • In the spectral decomposition of matrices, lambda indicates the diagonal matrix of the eigenvalues of the matrix (mathematics).
  • In astrophysics, lambda represents the likelihood that a small body will encounter a planet or a dwarf planet leading to a deflection of a significant magnitude. An object with a large value of lambda is expected to have cleared its neighborhood, satisfying the current definition of a planet.
  • In chemistry there are Δ (delta) and Λ (lambda) isomers, see: coordination complex
  • In cosmology, lambda is the symbol for the cosmological constant.

• In evolutionary algorithms, λ indicates the number of offspring that would be generated from μ current population in each generation. The terms μ and λ are originated from Evolution strategy notation.
  • Lambda indicates the wavelength of any wave, especially in physics, electronics engineering, and mathematics.
  • Lambda indicates the radioactivity decay constant in nuclear physics and radioactivity. This constant is very simply related (by a multiplicative constant) to the half-life of any radioactive material.
  • In probability theory, lambda represents the density of occurrences within a time interval, as modeled by the Poisson distribution.
  • In mathematical logic and computer science, lambda is used to introduce anonymous functions expressed with the concepts of lambda calculus.
  • In the physics of electric fields, lambda sometimes indicates the linear charge density of a uniform line of electric charge (measured in coulombs per meter).
  • Lambda denotes a Lagrange multiplier in multi-dimensional calculus.
  • In ecology, lambda denotes the long-term intrinsic growth rate of a population. This value is often calculated as the dominant eigenvalue of the age/size class matrix (mathematics).
  • Lambda denotes the Lebesgue measure in mathematical set theory.
  • The Goodman and Kruskal's lambda in statistics indicates the proportional reduction in error when one variable's values are used to predict the values of another variable.

• Lambda denotes the failure rate of devices and systems in reliability theory, and it is measured in failure events per hour. Numerically, this lambda is also the reciprocal of the mean time between failures.
  • In criminology, lambda denotes an individual's frequency of offenses.
  • In cartography and navigation, lambda denotes the longitude of a location.
  • In neurobiology, lambda denotes the length constant (or exponential rate of decay) of the electric potential across the cell membrane along a length of a nerve cell's axon.
  • In the technology and science of celestial navigation, lambda denotes the longitude as opposed to the Roman letter "L", which denotes the latitude.

Wow.  ALRIGHTY THEN. Basically this could mean a whole slew of things.. most of them having to do with math, which I am unfortunately quite awful at. The biggest mystery to figuring out what makes a Star Seed into a Senshi Crystal is figuring out which Lambda it's talking about.. 

Anyway, 
But yes.. what makes Luna/Artemis/Diana/Phobos/Deimos's Starseeds similar to Sailor Crystals..
I suppose this could perhaps depend on how much "Lambda Power" goes into said starseed while it is inside the galaxy cauldron. Maybe the 'Training' wasn't to awaken a senshi, it was to awaken the starseeds of the average mortal, ie: Enlightenment, so their next reincarnated state will have more Lambda Power after it goes through the Galaxy Cauldron, and that cycle continues, thus essentially working individuals closer and closer to becoming Senshi throughout their lifetimes.
Back to top Go down
http://wolfiewooz.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals   Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Star Seeds and Senshi Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top