The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Hiii.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 10:28 pm

Roo wrote:
@Mercury and Jupiter - Um. Pls to not creepy. *shifty eyes*

Hiii. - Page 2 Prepare_yourself
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 2:50 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Roo wrote:
@Mercury and Jupiter - Um. Pls to not creepy. *shifty eyes*

Hiii. - Page 2 Prepare_yourself

Hiii. - Page 2 847989599 Do y'all know what it feels like to come in here and see this directed at one of our new subjects members? My goodness people! Get your act together!

Hiii. - Page 2 492

WELCOME DAAAH-Ling! <3
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 10:00 am

@Brit-chan - I AM BAD AT CATCHPHRASES OMG. :C Um. All I can think of is
something with lolcats because I am sort of tired and drinking coffee.
We are totes cooler than the Wondertwins though.

@Mercury and Galaxia - Y'all are silly. <3
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 10:21 am

Roo wrote:
@Brit-chan - I AM BAD AT CATCHPHRASES OMG. :C Um. All I can think of is
something with lolcats because I am sort of tired and drinking coffee.

Hiii. - Page 2 Funny-pictures-who-forgot-to-wind-up-the-cat-again-dammit-harry

Haha, sorry, couldn't help it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:55 pm

OH I got it!

Itty Bitty Kitty Committee Powers Activate!
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:57 pm

Hehe, you saw that picture too? Isn't Lolcats epic? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:58 pm

PERFECT. This means we may have kittens as well. Rings AND kittens.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 4:59 pm

We are filled with so much win i don't know if i can handle it.
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th September 2011, 4:36 pm

Welcome (: Hope you like it here
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2011, 8:13 am

Thank you! <3
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2011, 12:47 pm

I saw in your other post that you are president of the art history club! That is freaking awesome! I wish we had had an art history club at my school. -_- Bugger that. You must tell me all about it. What do you guys do? What are your responsibilities? Do you focus on all eras or just a limited few? bounce
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2011, 3:51 pm

We're sort of like home base for the art history folks, and we promote art history related things and bring in speakers. It's a super new club, just like our art history program is super new. We do more academic-type art things, where as the other two art student orgs are more actual art. One brings in artists, the other supports student art. We kind of like... I guess we kind of teach. xD We focus on all eras.

Right now we're ironing out all the fine details to have a guy from Chicago come visit us in a month, and he's going to talk about sex in Rodin's art as well as a sort of informal talk about his research about contemporary sculptors and how they go about selecting their subject matter. He sounds like a really rad guy; the other co-president is the one who has been corresponding with him. Our next speaker is likely to be a friend of the western art history prof here. He lives in or near DC and does lectures at the Smithsonian. It sounds like he's just a Really Freaking Awesome guy. I'm not sure what we'll have him do for a formal lecture, but for an informal lecture, we really want him to talk about maintaining a travel journal as an artist, which I did when I went to China. It's super fascinating and just fun. We have to figure out a date though.

We also kind of... like... take care of the freshmen. We have one day in the art department where all the art kids preregister for their art classes, and you're supposed to go in, tell your adviser what classes you need in the art department, and then leave. They don't get time to discuss things with their adviser at that time, and they need to make an appointment with their adviser ahead of time if they need help. Unfortunately, freshmen don't always know what they need help with, so last year we did this informal gathering before this preregistration day and went over how to find stuff on the timetable or how to figure out what classes you need, or recommend classes based on their specific emphasis as an art major. We had very few people show up, but the people that did were TOTALLY lost, and this is stuff they're just expected to know. So it's a little bit of hand-holding, but it helps them so much. I wish I had a student tell me what the hell was going on when I was a freshman. ._.

We also plan on doing some museum trips that are either fully or partially funded by the club since we got an enormous budget approved. I mean, we went overboard when we made this budget, expecting the student government to hack it to pieces, and they took out $300. So we have $9000 to burn through for a year. *glee* So we can pay visiting speakers more money, which means we're able to get them from somewhere other than within the state of Wisconsin. >.>

We also want to have like... mini art history sessions at our meetings, but not structured like a lecture ('cause nobody would go, pretty sure). It'll be hopefully run by our members, where they can bring in something they're interested from class or if they looked up something on their own time. Or if they have something in class that they don't understand, we can talk about it as a group. We basically want to get people interested in art history partially because GUSHING IS LEIK SOOOO FUN GUIES and also, once the class behind me graduates, my adviser said she doesn't know what will happen to art history on campus because there really aren't any more majors. I find that weird, considering my class is going to be enormous, relatively speaking.

*gushgushgush*

I think we're also going to help the Ph.D. student who is teaching lower level western art history, too, 'cause she's only here two days a week and, you know, has other important shit to do aside from teaching.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2011, 7:20 pm

Oh wow that sounds pretty awesome. I love art history nerds, you can tell when they are excited about art history and it gets me excited for art history and yay! XD
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 2:21 pm

Art history nerds are the best. xD I just wish we could do more as a club, but because we're so new, we don't have a solid/reliable member base, so if we want to do stuff, the officers (read: me and my friend c_c) have to plan ALL of it. Other student orgs have people who will step up and do stuff, but... not with us. Not yet. Maybe in the future. I just want to do so many things and I don't have time. ;__;
Back to top Go down
Priestess-Mars
Star Seed

Priestess-Mars

Star Seed

Title : Soldier of Fire and Love

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 2:54 pm

Hello Smile welcome!!! I'm pretty new myself, but I already love this place, so I'm sure you will as well! <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.moonlight-romance.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Hiii. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiii.   Hiii. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiii.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top