The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 10:42 pm

The GC Newspaper Staff are looking for some freelancers to write articles for the first issue! We are currently searching for one-off reviews for a recent movie and television series.

Freelancers are commissioned for a single issue of the newspaper and will not technically be official part of the staff. However, you will get your name credited in the newspaper and on the issue's staff page.

Please submit your article suggestion for the movie review or television series (or even both!) and we will discuss among ourselves which article and writer we think are best suited for the site and newspaper! We are currently idea hunting so please do not write an entire review until we announce the freelancers! The max review article length is 1000 words. For this issue we are leaving it completely open to suggestions on which movie/show to review.

Anyway below please comment the movie/tv series you think would be good and submit why you are particular interested in writing it!

QUESTIONS BELOW or if you're a little shy feel free to contact myself (Houyou no Senshi) or Small Lady or Lady Tuxedo.

The overall review should consist of:

1) A quick plot summary that does not give spoilers away!
2) A bit of background knowledge about the film (directors, actors, significance etctera)
3) Movie highlights (scenes, direction, music, acting, overall feel etcetera)
4) Movie lowlights
5) Overall opinion

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 16th March 2013, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 7:27 pm

Bump!? No one wants to help out the GC Newspaper?

If you do please put the movie/tv show you would like to review!
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 7:48 pm

I wouldn't mind helping out, but I'm not sure what I'd write about...
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime6th March 2013, 7:51 pm

We're looking for reviews on a recent TV Show or a movie

My Little Pony, The Hobbit, Les Miserables...

I dont know what new things are D: that's why I'm not writing it XD
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime7th March 2013, 5:19 am

I'd like to lend a helping hand, but I have no idea what to choose to write a review on. >.<
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime7th March 2013, 8:19 am

Oh I would love to write an article on my little pony! What would you want me to include in it?
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime7th March 2013, 7:03 pm

It is a TV show review, My Little Pony is just a suggestion. It is by no means the be all and end all XD. If you were to review, probably just reviewing Season 3, though there are many other shows. Just any recent one will do.

Any recent show you've enjoyed recently is good!

(We're looking for a movie too)
Back to top Go down
WhiteDalia
Star Seed

WhiteDalia

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime7th March 2013, 7:32 pm

Can we review books!?

I've read like over 100
Back to top Go down
http://llamadel-ray.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime7th March 2013, 7:38 pm

We've currently lined up someone to write a book review, but if she decides to drop it.Then we will open up the book review too! Sorry!

Right now we're searching for a TV Show and a recent movie! Its a 1000 word limit, so its nothing too demanding!

Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 4:59 am

guys, i would love to take part in that, but i know my limit. i wish you all luck finding someone =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 1:41 pm

I could write a review over a recent movie Smile I recently saw Warm Bodies (twice actually ^^) and I would love to write a review on that ^^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 2:29 pm

Mi Mako Chan wrote:
guys, i would love to take part in that, but i know my limit. i wish you all luck finding someone =)

Totally thought you were swearing at me for a minute o.o and was like "wow okay" and then reread XD

Its just a one-off job, but if you don't feel like doing it this time around maybe you will in the future or when a different kind of article comes around!

By the way, the movie doesnt have to be supersupernew, last few months is fine!

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 2:30 pm

mysteryloveandjustice wrote:
I could write a review over a recent movie Smile I recently saw Warm Bodies (twice actually ^^) and I would love to write a review on that ^^

We'll definitely keep this in mind!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 3:30 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Mi Mako Chan wrote:

Totally thought you were swearing at me for a minute o.o and was like "wow okay" and then reread XD

Its just a one-off job, but if you don't feel like doing it this time around maybe you will in the future or when a different kind of article comes around!

By the way, the movie doesnt have to be supersupernew, last few months is fine!

LOL, why would i swear at you?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime8th March 2013, 6:29 pm

I don't know that's why I was like o.o i think it was the word "luck" that I misread XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 8:44 pm

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Sailor Xillia
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Xillia

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Eudial/Eugeal.

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 9:56 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
I don't know that's why I was like o.o i think it was the word "luck" that I misread XD

Random but I seriously thought that too!
xD
So you're not the only one.
Writing reviews is hard....cause most of the time people just summarize the whole movie or show xD
Back to top Go down
http://asukapasta.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DicloniusLucy666?feature=mhee
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 10:05 pm

The review should be in two parts, a quick summary and also a general review of its highlights, lowlights and so on!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 10:09 pm

The overall review should consist of:

1) A quick plot summary that does not give spoilers away!
2) A bit of background knowledge about the film (directors, actors, significance etctera)
3) Movie highlights (scenes, direction, music, acting, overall feel etcetera)
4) Movie lowlights
5) Overall opinion
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 10:14 pm

NerdyPanda wrote:
Houyou no Senshi wrote:

Random but I seriously thought that too!
xD
So you're not the only one.
Writing reviews is hard....cause most of the time people just summarize the whole movie or show xD

okay girls, i know i cuss a lot (especially when drunk), but c'mon! i wouldn't do that here LOL
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 10:21 pm

I don't know maybe its the font XD I wouldn't think you would swear but I swear the "luck" looked like something else.

Maybe its a conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!   GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC Newspaper Freelancer Opportunity!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top