The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Chaos Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 10:43 pm

All right, I've been doing a lot of reading lately after finding out about Chaos (yes, I have been in the dark that long) and since I don't know anyplace where I can read the manga I naturally went to other sources. In general, which site is more reliable when it comes to information wikimon or the oracle? Because unless I'm just misunderstanding here I'm seeing contradicting information.

Here's a paragraph from Chaos' article on wikimoon:

When Sailor Moon reached the Galaxy Cauldron, she discovered that Chaos had merged with it. This meant that destroying Chaos required the destruction of the Cauldron as well, which would prevent new stars from being born. Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon told her to destroy the Cauldron in order to destroy Chaos and thus ensure peace in the galaxy, but Sailor Galaxia disagreed, saying that if this Cauldron was destroyed another would simply come into being somewhere else. Sailor Moon chose to instead preserve the Cauldron, and Chaos as well.
http://www.wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Chaos

And here's a line from oracle:

Eternal Sailor Moon jumps into the Galaxy Cauldron and calls upon the Sailor Crystals to help her destroy Chaos.
http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoon/profiles/villains/chaos.php

On one hand I'm being told that Sailor Moon made the choice not to destroy Chaos in order to preserve the cauldron and the other is just saying she tried to destroy it but failed to get rid of it entirely. Which is it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 12:42 am

!! You can download all the manga at MissDreamSubs!

And of those two synopsis, wikimoon is more correct. Sailor Moon jumped into the cauldron to purify it; she didn't destroy it or chaos, because she grew to understand Chaos and the agents of chaos; light attracts dark just as dark attracts light, and everything just wants to be together in life because that's how they all were in the cauldron: together. So rather than destroy the place where life and death, good and evil are created, Usagi jumps into the cauldron to purify/heal it with her own light.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 12:44 am

In my experience with Sailor Moon, it is for the best you read the source for yourself, wikimoon and oracle often present things as black and white fact when its not or else get details completely wrong. In fact I would blame wikimoon for much of the reason many fans misunderstand some aspects of Sailor Moon since its most people's go-to.

I am not 100% I would have to reread but from what I remember, Sailor Moon did not "destroy" Chaos but whatever happened, The Chaos Seed was forced into the Cauldron which effectively destroyed its power, there is a possibility it would be reborn like everything else, but it is the power of Chaos that has been defeated. Sailor Moon attempted to embrace everyone and everything. She wanted to take Chaos into herself because she understood that Chaos was like everyone else in her life, simply lonely. Usagi does not believe the Cauldron can be destroyed and she would never try to do so anyway, Usagi wanted the Sailor Crystals to use their powers of rebirth to renew and refresh all again. It is because Usagi has not given up her hope and faith in love and kindness, unlike Galaxia and Chibichibi who had been disillusioned.

In other versions of the series, Chaos takes possession of Galaxia and causes her to go cray-cray (Anime, Sailor Stars) (to return Chaos into the minds of people) or the Sailor Soldiers destroy the particular form of Chaos (Kyaos or formless) present at the Galaxy Cauldron (Eien Densetsu, Shin Densetsu Kourin, Kakyuuouhi Kourin) to return peace and balance and refresh their love and friendship.

Can anyone back me up im not 100% on this =\ its been a while since I read it. I can only speak for the other versions of Stars entirely...

(be careful with Kyra's link, fantranslations often have a few more translation errors than the official, though the official is more likely to have a stilted translation. Sadly no one seems to be able to balance it)

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 3rd March 2013, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 12:48 am

Kyra you are totally accidentally quoting Myu just now :

Which does sum up the Galaxy Cauldron dilemma quite nicely

What for! For whom's purpose
For what purpose do we exist?
No more love will be born
Now is the time to test our souls
This breaking apart galaxy is the fruit of our instinct
The light calls to the innocent darkness
The darkness calls to the sinful light
Every one of us is a true Soldier
Betting the stars in our hearts, we shall fight!

Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime3rd March 2013, 9:44 am

Thanks for the link, Uranus!

I'd say you're right, Houyou no Senshi. Based on what I read from the manga I downloaded the core, the seed and the guardian faded away and became too small to be found. Unless there was a translation error somewhere but I wouldn't know.

I'm starting to see what people have been saying about the manga's pacing though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Sponsored content

Chaos Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Question   Chaos Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top