The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crossovers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Sailor Moon Crossovers Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th February 2013, 11:30 pm

Hello! I am a huge fan of Sailor Moon and it's been that way my whole life. I haven't written any regular Sailor Moon Fanfiction despite those being the kind of stories that got me into Fanfiction in the first place, but what got me writing was crossover stories.

On Fanfiction.net they have tons of sections for Sailor Moon crossovers and I'm almost positive it's been crossover-ed with about nearly every other series!

That being said my ultimate crossover is Sailor Moon/Gundam Wing. Probably due to the similarities between the five main characters in each show.

I also love x-overs with Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Tenchi Muyo and FullMetal Alchemist. I have others I favor but these are definitely my favorites!

What are yours?
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime12th March 2013, 12:41 pm

I have yet to see one that doesn't make me kill the browser process or tab.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime12th March 2013, 1:30 pm

Unlike what other people say, Sailor Moon rarely ever mix with other magical girl series.
For exemple: Tokyo Mew Mew canonically takes place in 2002. Sailor Moon also is entirely taking place in the mid-nineties. Even if you aknowledge that, and age up the senshis, guess what comes and kick you in the balls?
The year 2000.
With which Crystal Tokyo started. (When Usagi is 22)
(Then again, I'm just some purist who love to stay 90% true to canon)

What would work, also, would be Sailor Moon / Puella Magi. The story of PMMM takes place in 2011. In a very modern future. Looks like something that could happen in Crystal Tokyo. The Incubator would have based the soul gems on what they know about Sailor Crystals.

Sailor Moon fits greatly with Saint Seiya, in my opinion ^^ (The Saint Warriors base their powers on constellations. They are Sailor Soldiers. IT'S CANON) Minako and Shun both have the same weapon - chains they control at will. So I guess those two would make a good duo :B Plus, Seiya (The saint, not the starlight) share his VA with Mamoru. So it sprouted an headcanon of mine that if Usagi ever met him, she would turn around every times he opens his mouth :B

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 1:06 pm

Quote :
I have yet to see one that doesn't make me kill the browser process or tab.

Well I started this thread for people who enjoy crossovers, if you don't enjoy them you don't need to post here. I made this because I enjoy crossover Sailor Moon fanfiction better then just Sailor Moon fanfics, that is my preference and crossovers is the theme of this topic. If you have any crossovers feel free to share them, if not there are other topics you can contribute too in these forums^^

Quote :
Unlike what other people say, Sailor Moon rarely ever mix with other magical girl series.

It's all about person preference. Anything can work, it's up to the talent of the author in order to make it believable, understandable, enjoyable and things like that.

I haven't read any Sailor Moon crosses with other magical girl anime but that's partially because of my own personal preference^^

When in comes to fanfiction I've seen stories that stay true to canon and then I've seen AU stories and I love them both if done well^^

I wanna watch Saint Seiya now. Should I read the manga first or do the anime first?
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 1:44 pm

[quote="nerf-or-nothing"]
Quote :
I wanna watch Saint Seiya now. Should I read the manga first or do the anime first?
I personally liked the anime better ^^ It has more fillers, but I really found it more enjoyable overall. i didn't really like the manga's art style and the way-too-easily-defeated-silver-saints (who, BTW, are actually monsters of the day disguised). And some plotlines of the manga didn't make any sense (like the one where we learn that AAAALL 100 kids who tried to become saints were actually all brothers. Seriously, how can this make sense? This Kido old guy sure was suspicious) But go for it ^^ Pure shounen goodness with epic battles. Also, Seiya is voiced by Mamo-Chan, and this Rich Lady Girl by Luna.

*sorry for going a little off topic there*
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 1:51 pm

It's okay, the reason I want to know other peoples favorite crossovers is because I want to get inspired. I cling to the old anime and my favorites don't get very many good stories if any stories at all. I've watched and read a lot of the new anime and manga but none I can get inspired to try and write a Sailor Moon x-over fanfiction.

I have got a serious case of writers block, that and I don't edit my work before I post and I often makes a ton of errors, and then reading my work I get so irritated with myself and what I've written I can't even attempt writing till I fix it but I have no motivation. No inspiration!

So I wanted to see what other people enjoyed in x-overs so I can kinda catch the x-over magic again and finish my stories since I made the promise that I would no matter what lol.

That being said, do you have any other favorites?

What do you like in x-over fanfiction aside from the animes being used. Romantic, comedy, action?
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 2:01 pm

I saw an interesting crossover of SM and Doctor Who ^^ It had Usagi die from a Youma attack and then was reincarnated as the daughter of the Tenth Doctor and Rose xD It was pretty interesting ^^
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 2:55 pm

Sailor Ranko by Kevin D. Hammel. That's the unfinished comic version but you can find the novel portion on the same site. It's a Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover and is probably one of the more well written fanfics I've seen. All the characters are portrayed exceptionally well and it's one of the few times I don't mind there being a Sailor Sun in the group. Since Ranma and Sailor Moon are two of my favorite animes of all time it was a real treat to see the two paired up so well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:05 pm

I've been an avid fanfiction reader for well over a decade, so I've read quite a few crossovers in my day. I don't think I have a favorite type of crossover, because it is just so difficult to pull off a well-written crossover. I've perused Sailor Ranko, but I like the comic version better then the written version. Granted, I haven't finished the written version, so I'm an unfair judge.

My absolute favorite crossover is likely The Shadow Chronicles. It is a Ranma 1/2 x Sailor Moon crossover (well, the last saga is. It's pretty Ranma 1/2 centric for several sagas). The Sailor Moon characters are totally OOC, but the universe this writer has crafted is very detailed. It's also very, very long. I tend to prefer very long fanfiction. It takes talent to write the 100,000+ works of fanfiction, so it tends to weed out some of the lesser fanfictions.

I can't think of another one off the top of my head I actually liked. Some of it is just so cliché. I've read Sailor Moon paired up with Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z, Ranma 1/2, Digimon, etc. None of it sticks out as particularly good.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:18 pm

Fan comics are always fun^^

Gundam Wing and Dragonball fanfics are hard to find. They're rarely updated and most of the good fanfictions are discontinued and/or have been removed. Shame that some writers give up when all it takes is revision and dedication :/

These two are very old series though. I'm 26(I never want my birthday to come again! this much closer to 30:(), and there aren't many fans for these two series lying around wanting to write Sailor Moon x-overs for them. I was hoping the reboot would help spark them up but for Gundam Wing it's probably unlikely unless they start airing the episodes again to gain new fans.

I haven't read any Sailor Moon Digimon fanfiction, I'd sooner cross over Digimon with Pokemon lol but if there was a talented writer, anything could be pulled off.

What's Doctor Who and Ramna about? I've heard of them before and know very little and I was wondering if I should add it to my list to watch^^

I haven't seen Sailor Moon crossed over with any recent anime. I saw a few stabs at Vampire Knight, and Death Note but there just aren't that many out there.

I wonder if the new Sailor Moon will start new crossover ideas^^

Personally I'd love to see a Tenchi Muyo/Sailor Moon crossover because I think it has the potential to be action packed, mysterious and absolutely hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 7:49 pm

Well, at the risk of getting too off track, I'll give you a little information about Ranma 1/2. It's an older series written by Rumiko Takahashi (creator of InuYasha). The story revolves around a teenage boy named Ranma, who was trained from early childhood in martial arts. As a result of an accident during a training journey, he is cursed to become a girl when splashed with cold water, while hot water changes him back into a boy. The series involves all of the crazy adventures he gets into with a random assortment of friends and enemies. A nice mixture of action and romantic comedy (similar to Tenchi Muyo where Ranma is being chased by all sorts of wacky girls).

A lot of times when Ranma 1/2 is mixed with Sailor Moon a few set scenarios are used. Either Ranma shows the Sailor Senshi how bad they are at martial arts or Ranma (and others from the series) becomes a sailor senshi. The Shadow Chronicles, the fanfiction I mentioned earlier, does neither of those things. I'm not a good source for Doctor Who information.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 8:40 pm

nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Fan comics are always fun^^

Gundam Wing and Dragonball fanfics are hard to find. They're rarely updated and most of the good fanfictions are discontinued and/or have been removed. Shame that some writers give up when all it takes is revision and dedication :/

These two are very old series though. I'm 26(I never want my birthday to come again! this much closer to 30:(), and there aren't many fans for these two series lying around wanting to write Sailor Moon x-overs for them. I was hoping the reboot would help spark them up but for Gundam Wing it's probably unlikely unless they start airing the episodes again to gain new fans.

I haven't read any Sailor Moon Digimon fanfiction, I'd sooner cross over Digimon with Pokemon lol but if there was a talented writer, anything could be pulled off.

What's Doctor Who and Ramna about? I've heard of them before and know very little and I was wondering if I should add it to my list to watch^^

I haven't seen Sailor Moon crossed over with any recent anime. I saw a few stabs at Vampire Knight, and Death Note but there just aren't that many out there.

I wonder if the new Sailor Moon will start new crossover ideas^^

Personally I'd love to see a Tenchi Muyo/Sailor Moon crossover because I think it has the potential to be action packed, mysterious and absolutely hilarious!

Doctor Who is about an alien who travels through time and space in his time machine/ship called a TARDIS, normally with a companion or two, who goes around on adventures and helping out. It's a European show that debuted in 1963 and when they had to change actors they would have a regeneration (not named as such until some time way later) where the alien (called The Doctor) would change appearance and even personality traits. This allowed the show to continue to change as every now and again the Doctor would regenerate (mainly from serious injury) allowing a new actor to take their place and is usually accompanied by a new companion and new TARDIS interior. It ran from 1963 - 1989 with seven different doctors, went off the air for a bit and had a TV movie introducing the eighth in the 90s. In 2005 a new series were created continuing the series and has been on the air ever since.

And that's the short version.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 8:42 pm

nerf-or-nothing wrote:

Doctor Who is about an alien who travels through time and space in his time machine/ship called a TARDIS, normally with a companion or two, who goes around on adventures and helping out. It's a European show that debuted in 1963 and when they had to change actors they would have a regeneration (not named as such until some time way later) where the alien (called The Doctor) would change appearance and even personality traits. This allowed the show to continue to change as every now and again the Doctor would regenerate (mainly from serious injury) allowing a new actor to take their place and is usually accompanied by a new companion and new TARDIS interior. It ran from 1963 - 1989 with seven different doctors, went off the air for a bit and had a TV movie introducing the eighth in the 90s. In 2005 a new series were created continuing the series and has been on the air ever since.

And that's the short version.

Sailor Venus wrote:
Well, at the risk of getting too off track, I'll
give you a little information about Ranma 1/2. It's an older series
written by Rumiko Takahashi (creator of InuYasha).

Now Ranma and InuYasha sharing voice actors in Japanese and English makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crossovers   Sailor Moon Crossovers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crossovers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top