The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rei x Minako

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th June 2013, 11:55 pm

Sailor Mars wrote:
I really cannot. If PGSM doesn't seal the deal that Reinako is canon...I don't know what would. I know there's some people that don't like to ship or like to play it off as nothing, but come. on.

This entry from LJ sums basically my feels up quite nicely.

http://aristocratic72.livejournal.com/3607.html

I always thought with this part they were being so weird about it because they were competing for the flowers? But okay, here's just my little theory on it the whole ordeal.

Well honestly, I feel like there's no way that little microscopic things (like Rei moving closer to Minako in four frames) are done on purpose. I just don't really think that they would specifically instruct her to do things like that. I feel like if they wanted to subtlety hint at a canon relationship, they would have made it a little more obvious.

However, even if the directors/writers/Naoko/whoever did not write in these little tiny looks and actions on purpose for the sake of creating a relationship between the two, I don't think that this rules out the possibility of their feelings. When you watch PGSM... I mean... COME ON, there is DEFINITELY some sort of special connection there, whether it be romantic or not. They have a special relationship that NO other senshi have with one another. There's practically NO denying that.

So anyways, I'm thinking is that their romantic tension or whatever EXISTS, but is not due to Naoko/the writers/the directors/ etc. It is completely due to the characters of Rei Hino and Minako Aino. I feel like really good characters have a mind, heart, and soul of their own that a writer can only control to a certain point. I feel like Minako and Rei could have some sort of relationship that Naoko herself doesn't even know about. I feel like the characters could just be so compatible that they naturally show this tension throughout the entire series because of their personalities-- whether it's done on purpose or not. If actresses can play Rei and Minako as accurately as possible, they let their characters take the reign, and when their characters are so romantically compatible, the girls can't help but show that-- whether they're aware of their doing so or not (i.e. the entire scene in this LJ post). So yeah, I think that there could definitely be something going on between them, but I just have a theory that Naoko had no control over it-- the characters just have feelings of their own.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th June 2013, 10:20 am

My whole thing on PGSM is beyond just that one scene. It's basically stemmed from the whole series really. Rei is obviously taken by Minako. Like something pulled her in. Maybe it was because Minako faked being their princess, but this capture lasted even beyond when Minako revealed she wasn't the princess. This mesmerization caused Rei to let a youma get away (like twice I think). It caused Rei to be the most heartbroken when Minako died (2005 show. No spoilers -_-). Rei was the special one that inherits Minako's power in the end. It's just little things, yes little things, that captured the audience and made them go "is there a thing?" because while small, it is powerful.

And we will probably never know what Naoko thinks truly on Reinako. We have a couple canon images that go beyond the realm of "normal contact" between friends, that usually only Haruka and Michiru do. That's there for some reason. Then you have these little tidbits in PGSM between them. Reinako is like on the edge of fanon and canon because there isn't a conformation and there is also no denial.

Plus, they're cute. I don't see either one of them strictly for men, either. Minako is the goddess of love after all.

Anyway, I love the bit on you thinking this is out of Naoko's hands and in Rei's and Minako's. Like they're really real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th June 2013, 12:44 pm

I ship them!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 7:50 am

I had some Minako Rei feels at work last night, I dedicate this to them

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Reito Herena
Pyramidal Crystal

Reito Herena

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : ╣Writer, Veterinarian, Graphics Designer, Starbucks lover; Jurietto Herena!

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2014, 1:06 pm

^ That's a beautiful drawing of Rei and Minako ♥ I too ship them a lot and they're actually my ultimate SM OTP. I do ship others but Rei x Minako stands strongly within my heart. =3

Plus both Venus and Mars in mythology are the birth parents of Cupid. The cherubic matchmaker. =D

o_O xD now then yeah, that is quite the love child. lul. Anyway, Reinako ftw! =3
Back to top Go down
http://sevenwonders-of-harriethayes.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4Tv0Jtj_Qv_M8c9-zPuiw
Roll Fizzlebeef
Star Seed

Roll Fizzlebeef

Star Seed

Title : Slab Bulkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th December 2014, 10:45 am

I actually wrote up a big long tumblr post a while back gushing over why I love reinako so much

Me wrote:
1: Rei/Minako: Where do I begin on ReiNako…  These two dorks are basically two sides of the same coin, and complement each other perfectly.  At their cores, both Rei and Minako are very serious and dedicated people towards their duty.  They are both hardworking and ambitious people, with Minako able to throw herself into her dream of becoming an idol, and Rei at trying to achieve the Rei Hino International Success Life™.
Rei is a character who, when we meet her, has built up a lot of emotional walls, she’s been hurt too many times and puts up this image of the cool and perfect temple priestess.  While Usagi plays a huge role in getting Rei to tear down those emotional barriers, because Usagi is The Princess, Rei feels that she can never be on the same level as Usagi.
But Minako, Minako is her equal, her partner.  Minako knows that the world is a dark place, and Minako really gets it.  With Minako, Rei has somebody she can be an equal with, and somebody who can understand her burden as a senshi.  And ultimately, that is what Rei wants, she wants somebody who can be an equal partner and somebody who can understandwhat being a senshi means to her.
Minako on the the other hand.  Minako had to grow up fast.  In the space of the year, Minako went from kind of a tomboy and a bit of a space case, to a warrior who had faced death, and somebody who had killed.  Minako’s time as Sailor V went from riding high at the idea of being a superhero to very quickly understanding the human cost of war.  Add to that, that she has years of Silver Millennium memories in her noggin, Minako is very much somebody who grew up fast.
But when Minako sees Rei, Minako sees somebody who gets it.  Rei was also forced to grow up fast and to close herself off from the world.  Minako sees somebody who knows what she’s been through, and knows what it’s like.  And above all else, is an equal partner.  Minako sure as chibi ain’t gonna playing second fiddle to anybody.  Mina has dreams and nobody is ever gonna take those dreams away from her.  Minako joined up with the team pretty late, and she felt like an outsider coming in and expecting to just take over this team that was already a well-oiled machine.  Minako really felt like an outsider in the beginning, and with Usagi being revealed as Serenity, Minako had spent so much time by herself and without anybody around her who she could relate to, Minako just wants somebody who’ll pay attention to her and listen.  And that’s what Rei provides in the beginning, somebody who’s an equal to her, a partner she can talk to and who is there to listen and give her attention.
But as their relationship evolves, you have Minako able to get Rei to open up, and Rei to keep Minako feeling alive, and from that baseline I can easily see a relationship blossoming out of there.

I've written Rei/Minako before and I'm actually working on a PGSM!Reinako fic right now for a thing.
Back to top Go down
http://crunchbuttsteak.tumblr.com http://crunchbuttsteak.tumblr.com
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th May 2015, 9:29 am

I'm in love with this ship!!!!

Rei x Minako - Page 2 3731994504 Mars & Venus  Rei x Minako - Page 2 2132654088

manga (Stars arc) 
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Wluj36

Image/art by Naoko Takeuchi
Rei x Minako - Page 2 2mzcun6
Back to top Go down
Roll Fizzlebeef
Star Seed

Roll Fizzlebeef

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th May 2015, 10:11 am

For those fanfic writers who are interested, I'm running another "Reinako same prompt fic party." on tumblr.

http://crunchbuttsteak.tumblr.com/post/117091294605/april-may-reinako-same-prompt-fic-party

The prompt is "I can't believe you wore that" and must be 1000-5000 words, and it due on May 13th.
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th May 2015, 7:54 pm

Star on Stars - Rei x Minako duet (Complete song)

Last edited by Snake_Fire on 10th June 2015, 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th May 2015, 8:17 pm

I just....Wow, that's a good song. XD I'm not a hardcore fan of this ship, but whenever it pops up, I do appreciate it. Rei and Minako definitely have a sort of chemistry in a few adaptions. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th May 2015, 3:31 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 1037e3d
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th May 2015, 7:00 pm

Rei x Minako - Page 2 2q8bvj6
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th May 2015, 7:12 pm

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o1_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o7_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o8_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o2_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o3_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o6_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o4_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o5_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o10_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_nm7fgl6Fak1u0ed63o9_250
from girlsofmoonlight
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2015, 6:57 pm

Possessed Rei trying to kiss Sailor Venus.

Rei x Minako - Page 2 11rqkco
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 5:52 am

from Sailor Moon manga
Rei x Minako - Page 2 2cr1z5e

colored
Rei x Minako - Page 2 903rpz
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 11:59 pm

I don't know what the intentions of the writers were but does anyone else feel like PGSM made Minako and Rei parallel to Haruka and Michiru?
Back to top Go down
Roll Fizzlebeef
Star Seed

Roll Fizzlebeef

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 1:14 am

Honestly? I feel like the PGSM writers knew they weren't going to able to do more than the Dark Kingdom arc and so they used thematic elements of later arcs in PGSM.

Hence you have Rei and Minako being the new Haruka and Michiru, Minako being the parallel to the Starlights with the idol/senshi double life, Princess Sailor Moon being the equivalent of Sailor Saturn, Sailor Luna being the 'kid' character in lieu of Chibiusa, and Chibiusa's weird obsession with horses being given to Minako, sorta.
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 9:26 pm

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o3_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o4_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o5_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o6_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o1_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o2_250
Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o7_250Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_no1xfykbcU1u0ed63o8_250
from girlsofmoonlight
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 9:33 am

Roll Fizzlebeef wrote:
Honestly? I feel like the PGSM writers knew they weren't going to able to do more than the Dark Kingdom arc and so they used thematic elements of later arcs in PGSM.

Hence you have Rei and Minako being the new Haruka and Michiru, Minako being the parallel to the Starlights with the idol/senshi double life, Princess Sailor Moon being the equivalent of Sailor Saturn, Sailor Luna being the 'kid' character in lieu of Chibiusa, and Chibiusa's weird obsession with horses being given to Minako, sorta.
I also love the episode where Usagi is shocked Rei isn't into guys and Rei says she isn't that type and I'm like "what type are you Rei?"
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th May 2015, 7:37 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Tumblr_mkrnx9hlPk1qgwozwo3_500
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th May 2015, 7:00 pm

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Bia0w3

Last edited by Snake_Fire on 5th September 2015, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 10:57 am

From Sailor Moon Manga Final Act

Rei x Minako - Page 2 2n0u0er
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 10:01 pm

Rei x Minako - Page 2 28l59vb
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st June 2015, 10:31 pm

From Sera Myu

Rei x Minako - Page 2 2w6eayp
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th June 2015, 6:04 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 7RO5yZl

Last edited by Snake_Fire on 10th September 2015, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th June 2015, 6:21 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 33nw4d2
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 4:08 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 Jaf13d
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 7:40 am

Thanks for the art, snake_fire!  Rei x Minako - Page 2 2045764097 Rei x Minako - Page 2 4039879955
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 9:57 am

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:
Thanks for the art, snake_fire!  Rei x Minako - Page 2 2045764097 Rei x Minako - Page 2 4039879955
You're welcome!  Rei x Minako - Page 2 868675979

Last edited by Snake_Fire on 31st July 2015, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake_Fire
Star Seed

Snake_Fire

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th July 2015, 9:33 am

Rei x Minako - Page 2 10rq1qs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rei x Minako

View previous topic View next topic Back to top