The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rei x Minako

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime6th February 2013, 7:28 pm

Soooo....do I have any fellow shippers on this forum to gush with me about these two? Rei x Minako 3309518329 Rei x Minako 2027930456
Back to top Go down
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Title : Crack Pair Extraordinaire

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 11:33 am

Oh yes, hello! I love the thought of these two as a couple. It really clicks in my head, especially in the manga and live action show. <3
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 11:52 am

Yay I got someone to respond in this thread Very Happy and you've seen PGSM! Which is your favorite adaption of them?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 11:54 am

Rei and Minako are lovely together Rei x Minako 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 12:16 pm

My favorite adaption of them is definitely PGSM. That's what got me shipping them in the first place. I loved how they were basically a pair among the group of senshi, and that they had a strong friendship that I feel, if they had done certain actions, could have easily turned into a romantic relationship.

I do like how they were portrayed in the manga as well, even though we didn't get to see much of their interactions. I loved the little side story about Minako sneaking into Rei's school.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm the only whose noticed this, but in some of Naoko's drawings of all of the senshi together, occasionally in some of them Haruka and Michiru will be in a romantic pose, such as holding one another, and as a sort of mirror between the outer and inner senshi, Minako and Rei will be placed together. Maybe this is just the shipper in me and my wishful thinking that perhaps Naoko was giving sly hints about them being a couple, but it is an interesting thing. (I'll post some actual examples of what I'm talking about here when I get home this afternoon.)
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 12:52 pm

Lunar Maria wrote:
My favorite adaption of them is definitely PGSM. That's what got me shipping them in the first place. I loved how they were basically a pair among the group of senshi, and that they had a strong friendship that I feel, if they had done certain actions, could have easily turned into a romantic relationship.

I felt that there was a bit more than friendship, with the sublteness of some of the things they said and did. Razz

Lunar Maria wrote:
Also, I'm not sure if I'm the only whose noticed this, but in some of Naoko's drawings of all of the senshi together, occasionally in some of them Haruka and Michiru will be in a romantic pose, such as holding one another, and as a sort of mirror between the outer and inner senshi, Minako and Rei will be placed together. Maybe this is just the shipper in me and my wishful thinking that perhaps Naoko was giving sly hints about them being a couple, but it is an interesting thing. (I'll post some actual examples of what I'm talking about here when I get home this afternoon.)

Rei x Minako 3309518329 Rei x Minako 2027930456
Back to top Go down
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 1:27 pm

Once when I was showing a few of the PGSM episodes to my sister, and she said Rei and Minako were like an old married couple that bicker all the time. It made me laugh so hard! XD
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 3:54 pm

Hmm... I think NOT!
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Princess Hyperia
Star Seed

Princess Hyperia

Star Seed

Title : Princess of the New Moon

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 4:35 pm

I'm still in the first major arc of the manga, and Minako is a whole lot different in it obviously, but in the anime they hardly even say a word to each other, so when people get all shippy over their anime incarnations, I think it's kinda lame.

Seems to be based entirely on visual appeal - the color-swappyness of their design gives that a kind of inverted twincest aesthetic, which is so popular. I don't see any chemistry there at all.

As far "evidence" for the ship, I don't see how Naoko was "hinting" at anything. The blatantness of Uranus/Neptune kind of underscores how unnecessary she felt it was to hide girl couples, and I think part of the point of that couple was exploring the possibilities of two senshi in love. As part of their maturity, their relationship was played up in contrast to the four guardian senshi, who were depicted as single, longing for boyfriends, etc. Pairing up the guardians strikes me as missing the point, at least in the canon-covered timeline. Speculation should be reserved for topics and areas that are more unclear.

I think most of the PGSM characters have a lot of chemistry between them, but also that this just makes them interesting friends. There's no need to go drawing romantic connections between them. Again, it's just beside the point of the story being told.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 4:39 pm

Well...if you do not ship, don't post here? o.o the point of this thread for us goobers to come here and goob together over a ship we like/see. It's the area where we can "spam" about what we like about them, post pictures, post where we see it, etc. and not have to worry over someone coming in and being like "no, it's not there."

I made this a discussion, not a debate. So please, if you do not ship or like, please do not post, okay? ^^

PS -- and I promise you, if you watched PGSM, it's there. You can't miss it.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 4:45 pm

i can only feel them as a couple in PGSM. but i like them together there
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 4:56 pm

I like to kinda think that maaaaybe their relationship in PGSM was an after thought of Naoko's...so maybe it could be in the new anime? Yeah right
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 5:35 pm

*Disclaimer: I don't mean for this to spark a debate in this thread. I am just explaining my love for this couple*

I love the small hints of their touches with one another, especially in the artbooks and things. They don't have to be so blatantly explicit with one another for there to be feelings. There are so many pictures of them with subtle touches that one wouldn't normally do with a friend, and that same kind of possessive touch doesn't seem to be present when they are with other characters. The only exception I can think of is the picture of Minako groping Usagi xD They are also very often paired together or positioned near each other in pictures as well.

I think it's a very pretty thing, to have such a subtle emotion between two characters that allows us to interpret it as we'd like. It doesn't have to be so blatant and in your face sometimes Rei x Minako 1434556979

I also like the fact that their name counterparts in Roman Mythology have a lot to do with one another, and I love to incorporate mythology into Sailor Moon because it seems to play such a big part in the series as a whole.

Also, I love the way their personalities mesh together. I think they are just a very beautiful couple and while I love exploring different couples in Sailor Moon, Rei/Minako is one of my absolute favorites Rei x Minako 1434556979

And now for some pictures to show what I meant by subtle lovely touches! :3 <3 <3

Rei x Minako V5-44

The way that Minako is leaning into Rei, and their hands looks to be together though Chibiusa blocks the full view.

Rei x Minako 4-30

Uh, well, not much explanation needed for this one, I think xD

Rei x Minako 2-45

Again with the leaning in to one another thing Rei x Minako 1434556979 Also I personally think it looks like Minako has her hand on Rei's waist.

Rei x Minako 3-61

One of my favorites. Now Rei has her hand on Minako's waist and Minako looking all sexy while being close to her Rei x Minako 1434556979

Rei x Minako 3-15

Rei x Minako 2-32

These last two are so cute and playful, I had to include those too. To end, I LOVE these two Rei x Minako 1637911638

*end rant o.o*
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 5:50 pm

Mi Mako Chan wrote:
i can only feel them as a couple in PGSM. but i like them together there

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 6:18 pm

Ohhhhhh, that pic spam is giving me so many feels right now, Verdandi! And the first picture is a perfect example of what I was talking about, how in drawings that include all of the senshi Rei and Minako are a sort of parallel to Haruka and Michiru. <3
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 6:53 pm

Oh Verdi you are so awesome. I love your explanation and the pictures you provided. They're so sweet!
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 7:13 pm

I must be blind because I never noticed these subtle hints before! They're not two I ship, but I am now taking what they say a lot more seriously especially in the manga during the stars arc when they tell the starlights they don't need boyfriends because they have each other or something like that. I definitely see this as a sailor moon manga and PGSM thing only though and not in the anime.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neith
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Neith

Pyramidal Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 7:39 pm

ReiXMinako is my favorite "unofficial" couple in the series. <3
I just really love the way their personalities mesh together (in the manga, that is; I've never seen PGSM ;_; ).
Rei x Minako 3309518329 Rei x Minako 2027930456
I also love all of the pics Verdandi posted! *steals the first one* >w>
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime8th February 2013, 8:18 pm

I think PGSM is the best representation of any shipping between the two. That, and Naoko's artworks. (I'm sorry Neith if I say anything spoiler-y. TOTALLY watch PGSM. It is really, really good).

I mean, think about it. Rei and Minako don't really do anything...friend-y, but Rei like, is instantly attached to her, cares about her and all of this. Rei let a Youma get away because she was worried about Minako. She flipped out whenever something bad was going on with Minako. And don't even get me started on the end of the series.... T.T

And I can tell Minako cares deeply about Rei too. I think she just shows it in a more teasing way or serious way (it's subtle in that sense).
Back to top Go down
Lunar Maria
Star Seed

Lunar Maria

Star Seed

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime9th February 2013, 6:31 am

I agree with you, Lady Tuxedo. PGSM and Naoko's art definitely represent this couple the best. I've never shipped them in the anime, because they barely even interacted with each other. (boy, would it be great if they dropped hints in the new anime?)
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime9th February 2013, 1:28 pm

Lunar Maria wrote:

Even in Lady Tux's avatar, I mean look at that pose! I don't personally ship them but I definitely think this is interesting. I've never noticed anything in the artwork until seeing this thread, I wanna look more into it!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime9th February 2013, 4:37 pm

They are adorbs. XD what really turned me onto them was PGSM. Minako isn't destined to be alone. She's destined to have Rei XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime4th March 2013, 10:14 am

Rei x Minako Tumblr_inline_mj4mnnzluv1qz4rgp
Rei x Minako Tumblr_inline_mj4morNZID1qz4rgp

Link to post on Tumblr

Rei x Minako 1434556979
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 12:31 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Rei x Minako Tumblr_inline_mj4mnnzluv1qz4rgp
Rei x Minako Tumblr_inline_mj4morNZID1qz4rgp

Link to post on Tumblr

Rei x Minako 1434556979

THIS IS SO AWESOME! Cause I ship Rei Minako and Rei Usa^^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime2nd May 2013, 3:54 pm

You really, honestly, cannot deny this ship. You just, you can't. Especially in PGSM. Even people that don't ship can see it.

Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o1_250Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o2_250
Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o3_250Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o4_250
Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o5_250Rei x Minako Tumblr_mldprkaSeF1s7tom7o6_250

Quote :
there has never been so much eyechibi in one gifset see how Venus kisses her fingers and Mars totally refuses to do that but still mimics the movement and then the winks uhm they are basically flirting around the youma right now must be awkward for the youma
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime2nd May 2013, 6:51 pm

Rei x Minako 1204414453178Rei x Minako Rei_x_Minako_NOT_BY_ME_by_HinoRei14
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime2nd May 2013, 7:06 pm

Rei x Minako Chmia

Win sig Venus.

Also, yay our ship! Yay us! Rei x Minako 2045764097 Rei x Minako 3074743337
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime2nd May 2013, 7:37 pm

I am going to end up posting tons of fanfiction on here, I know it.

I haven't finished reading it yet, but this fanfiction... Welcome Back... seems to be a really good PGSM Rei x Minako fanfiction. It is filled with emotion.

http://www.shoujoai.com/attach/45/587745/welcomeback-txt.txt
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime25th May 2013, 1:39 pm

Rei x Minako ACEO___Venus_x_Mars_by_Strawberry_Chocolate

Rei x Minako Minako_and_Rei_2_by_Rhodonite

Rei x Minako Rei_and_Vinus_by_Rhodonite

Rei x Minako Mars_x_venus_in_your_romance_by_vbunny-d3hk30j

Rei x Minako Mars_x_venus___love_me_chain_by_vbunny-d3joulc

Moment for lovers by ~Vulpes-Rex on deviantART" border="0" alt=""/>

I really liked the side story where Minako went to Rei's school, it was cute^^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime5th June 2013, 10:06 pm

I really cannot. If PGSM doesn't seal the deal that Reinako is canon...I don't know what would. I know there's some people that don't like to ship or like to play it off as nothing, but come. on.

This entry from LJ sums basically my feels up quite nicely.

http://aristocratic72.livejournal.com/3607.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rei x Minako Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei x Minako   Rei x Minako I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rei x Minako

View previous topic View next topic Back to top