The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Untitled..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime5th August 2011, 9:11 pm

*For all you MichiruxHaruka <3ers!! (yes English dubs named are used. Sometmes I use Japanese names, but I grew up on the dub, so...lol) Feel free to review. I would love encourage ment as I said in my other one! If people like my stuff I'll post more! (: *

ps; this is just something I thought of. People can disagree with whatever they like, just don't flame me about it. thank you! R&R please and thanks! Untitled.. 3221295634

Amara and Michelle were sitting on the couch in the living room of the Kaiou mansion, both 15 years old. An innocent kiss had turned into a more intense one, and Michelle’s mother saw this passing by. “Michelle!” she scolded, making her daughter jump, breaking away from Amara. She felt herself blush. “If you’re going to do that, go to your room. That is not ladylike.”

Michelle closed her eyes. “Yes, Mother,” she said quietly, taking Amara by the hand and taking her up to her room, shutting the door behind them. She sat upon the bed. “I’m sorry about that. She didn’t mean a thing by it; she just likes her house to have order. I should’ve known better.”

“It’s okay, Michelle,” Amara said softly. Michelle’s mother was nothing compared to Amara’s. Sometimes Amara didn’t know if the woman honestly had a heart.

Michelle’s father was a wealthy business man, and her mother taught piano and played at some concerts. It was no doubt that they could afford a grand mansion such as they lived in. Their house was kept tidy and orderly, and they expected very much of their daughter. She had been told to practice her violin two hours each day, and she did this without fuss so there were no problems there. She was to study hard and get good grades, keep in shape, and be ladylike. All the violin practice certainly paid off, she did excellently in school, she had chosen swimming as a hobby, and she was as elegant as they could ask her to be. She made them very proud. When she fell in love with Amara, they were slightly shocked at first, but they knew she was happy, and that was all that mattered. All they asked was that she kept intimate moments private. A simple kiss was okay in public, but if it crossed that line it needed to be behind closed doors.

They had house parties frequently, as most rich folk did. When these parties occurred, Michelle was to get in her prettiest dress and attend the party with her parents. She was always introduced as their very talented daughter and sometimes was told to perform for their guests. She never argued about this for she knew it was making her parents happy.

One of these parties was nearing, and she and her parents had just finished dinner. “Would you like dessert, Miss Kaiou?” one of the servants asked Michelle.

“No, ma’am,” Michelle said quietly.

Her mother raised her eyes, looking over in her direction. “Why not, dear? You always have dessert.”

“I don’t need any right now…” she said very quietly, blushing slightly.

“Oh, is that so? Have you been slacking on your exercises?”

“No, I have not.”

“Then what has that school of yours been feeding you? Should I call them?” her mother pressed.

“No, Mother. It’s Amara. We’ve been going out for ice cream a lot lately…” she trailed off.

“Michelle, I am ashamed,” she scolded. “You have plenty of dessert at home, and you do not need to be letting Amara buy you things so much. She is not from a rich family like us.”

“I do not appreciate that comment, Mother,” Michelle said quietly. “Though I have told her numerous times not to, but she won’t listen.”

“Well make her listen now because if you can’t fit into your dress by the time of the party, I’m going to be very disappointed in you.”

Michelle looked down. “Yes, Mother,” she said quietly. “May I be excused?” she asked politely.

“Of course, dear. Come give your mother a hug,” she outstretched her arms. Michelle hugged her mother and got a kiss on the head from her. “I love you very much, dear.”

“I love you too, Mother.” She turned to her father, who was behind a newspaper and had been silent this whole time.

“God, Andrew, why must you keep your nose in that newspaper? You haven’t engaged yourself in this conversation at all!”

Michelle’s father peeked from the newspaper, setting it down. “I’m sorry, Angela. I was checking the stocks.” He turned to his daughter and hugged her tightly. “Goodnight my angel.” He kissed her cheek.

“Goodnight, Father,” Michelle smiled to each of her parents and went up to her bedroom.

The next day after school, Amara started toward the ice cream shop by habit, and Michelle stopped her. “Can we just go to your place instead?”

Amara froze. “That’s not such a good idea…”

“Why not? You’ve been to my place. I want to meet your mother and father, too!”

“No you don’t,” she whispered.

“Amara!” Michelle reprimanded with a giggle.

“No, Michelle,” she said firmly, scaring her a little. “Some other time, okay?”

“Okay…How about the arcade? I like watching you race.” She smiled a little.

“Alright, but why are you so against the ice cream?” Amara laughed.

“Mother told me I need to cut back on the sweets…If I can’t fit in my dress for the party, she is going to be so disappointed in me.”

Amara sighed. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Can’t you just buy a new dress if the old one doesn’t fit? You don’t need to torture yourself like that. If you were starting to look unhealthy, I would let you know. You don’t need to pressure yourself into staying in your size 2’s.”

“0’s, actually,” Michelle said sheepishly.

Amara hit her hand to her forehead. “That’s ridiculous,” she said quietly shaking her head. “Do you not realize how controlled your life is, Michelle?”

“Yes, and I don’t mind, really…It is how it has always been. I live to please my parents.” She smiled a little. This had never bothered her before.

“Well why don’t you switch gears a little?” Amara said. She paused a moment as she pulled up into the Crown Arcade lot. She closed her eyes and then turned to Michelle, opening them again. “Let’s get a place of our own, just you and I. We can live by our own rules, and no one can tell us what to do.”

Michelle’s eyes widened slightly, and she blushed. “Aren’t we a little young for that?”

“No, not at all, and I wouldn’t mind seeing a little more of you…” Michelle raised her eyes a little. “Not like that,” Amara explained. “I just mean…” she took one of Michelle’s hands. “Wouldn’t it be nice if I never had to drop you off at your house because you would live with me? We would never have to really say goodbye,” she smiled hopefully.

Michelle thought for a moment. “That does sound nice…” she said slowly.

“Please?” Amara whispered.

Michelle smiled. “Alright. We’ll tell my parents at the upcoming party, okay?” Amara smiled brightly at this, glad she had accepted. Michelle felt her heart leap so much seeing Amara so happy that she couldn’t help but kiss her. Amara had really changed her life. She made her very happy, and seeing Amara happy made her even happier. Suddenly she broke away and whispered, “I don’t feel like going to the arcade anymore. Let’s go to my place.”

Amara smirked a little, but nodded, silently backing up and heading to Michelle’s place instead. She hadn’t been in the mood for games anyway.

This is where they were now, though their intimate moment had been ruined by Michelle’s mother. Amara lay back on the bed and sighed a little.

“What’s wrong?” Michelle whispered, lying beside Amara, putting her head on her chest.

“Just thinking…”

“About?”

Amara sighed again. It seemed it was going to be time to tell now, she felt. “I’m thinking about how I’m going to go about telling my mother I’m getting a place with you.”

“Is that so hard?” Michelle laughed a little. She didn’t think her parents would mind too much. They had nothing against Amara, except for her social class, but they didn’t mind Michelle being with her.

“Well…” Amara closed her eyes. “My mother is…interesting,” she said with difficultly, not knowing how to put it.

“What do you mean?” Michelle studied her a moment before noticing something. “What is wrong with your ear?” Before Amara could answer, she noticed a scratch on her neck. The scratch seemed to be bigger than what was shown. “Amara, sit up,” she whispered, sitting up herself. She gently took off her lover’s shirt, her eyes widening at the sight of her back. There were a few pretty bad bruises. “Oh my God! Amara, what happened?” she traced her finger across them, making Amara cringe. Michelle looked her in the eyes, her own eyes about to fill with tears. She wanted an explanation.

Amara closed her eyes and began to tell Michelle of secrets she had never told.

Amara’s mother, Marsha, had been against her being with Michelle from the beginning. She hated the idea, and she hated the thought of her daughter being with another woman. Her father, Michael, had always been more supportive, but Marsha could not stand it. She could not get it through her head that her daughter was happy, and that should be enough.

Amara tried her best to keep her love life to herself, but sometimes she had to tell someone so she would tell her father. Unfortunately every time she told, her mother heard.

When she had first met Michelle, she had to tell someone. It had been the most amazing experience of her life, realizing she had found the one.

“Dad,” she walked up to him as he was watching television.

He turned the TV down and smiled at her. “Yes, pumpkin?” By the big grin on her face, he could tell that he was about to hear some very good news.

“I’ve met someone,” she said instantly. She couldn’t hold it in any longer. “Dad, she is so amazing, and I know that she is the one!”

It didn’t surprise her father honestly that she had found a woman. Amara had always seemed very boyish to him, and he’d never thought anything of it. Her dress and hairstyle enhanced it, especially. When she was small, she had gotten bubble gum stuck in her hair and had to get it cut short. After that, she had refused to let it grow long again. Her mother hated this and refused to let her get it cut, but Amara would grab the scissors and cut it herself. Finally, her mother gave in, taking her to the beauty shop to get a professional to cut it.

“That’s great, honey!” he smiled, hugging her. “I’m very happy for you. I hope to meet this young lady some day.”

“You will, Dad, and you will love her.”

“I hope she is not too pretty; I may have to steal her,” he joked.

“She is very beautiful, and you can’t have her,” Amara laughed. “Besides, you’re way too old for her.”

“Am I really so old? I could’ve sworn I wasn’t a day over 20,” he said, showing his biceps, making Amara laugh again. She loved her father. He had such a good sense of humor, and they got along pretty well, though her mother was another story. She loved her mother with all of her heart, but she could be a little pushy sometimes.

Her mother waltzed into the room at this moment, having been spying on them. “Did I hear correctly?” she asked. “Did Amara find a girlfriend?” She didn’t sound the least bit amused.

“Yes, Mom,” Amara smiled. “Her name is Michelle, and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I think I’m love with her,” she added, hoping for her mother’s blessing, as well. Marsha stepped closer to her daughter and grabbed her ear, dragging her off with her, making her eyes widen, as well as Michael’s. “What are you doing?” Amara asked cringing for her ear hurt.

Marsha dragged her to the kitchen and started letting out her rage. “You are a girl. You are supposed to be with a boy! I did not raise you to be a lesbian!” she said the word in disgust.

“No,” Amara said calmly, “but you raised me to follow my heart, and that is what I did. I followed my heart, and it led me to Michelle.”

“Well, you better check again because I think your heart has failed you.”

“No, I think you are the one that has failed me. What kind of mother isn’t happy for their daughter finding love?” She tried to turn away, but Marsha grabbed hold of her wrist. Amara tried to get away, but she couldn’t.

“Don’t you dare back sass me, young lady!” Marsha exclaimed.

“If you weren’t being such a bitch then I wouldn’t feel the need to,” Amara said angrily.

“A bitch? You think I am being a bitch?” Marsha’s eyes glowed with rage.

“Of course I do. It is one thing to not be comfortable with mine and Michelle’s relationship, but to punish me for it is a whole other thing.”

“Punish you? You think you’re being punished? No. You will be punished if I hear any of this little love fest continuing. You better think about that.”

Amara said nothing. She was going to try her best to not let her mother hear a word of her and Michelle ever again. She was not going to stop seeing her as she knew her mother wished. Once her mother let go of her wrist, she felt it throb, along with her ear that her mother had grabbed, as she went up to her room. She lay down on her bed and felt a few tears fall. She hated to cry, but she couldn’t help it right now. Her mother was being ridiculous.

She got no such luck that her mother didn’t hear anything because when she and Michelle had their first kiss, she had to tell her father. Of course her mother had been listening in. She was waiting for the moment something was said as if she were seeking to call her daughter out. Her father was proud of her, but in came her mother, pulling her by the ear again. Michael couldn’t do anything about it, he felt. He was honestly scared of his wife lately. This time though, was different. When he heard Amara’s cries, he had to do something. He went into the kitchen to see his daughter on the ground, clearly in pain and his wife holding a broom over her head. He grabbed her by the wrist before she could strike again. “What in the hell are you doing?”

“I warned her,” Marsha said, breathing deeply. “I warned her that if this relationship with that girl pursued, she would be punished.”

“You don’t even know the girl.”

“That’s not the point. It is because it’s a girl she is being punished.”

“Let’s pretend for one moment that what she is doing is wrong. Would you really beat your daughter over it? There are other forms of punishment.”

“There is no pretending here, Michael! This is real. Of course it is wrong. I will not stand for my daughter to be a lesbian!”

“When you are saying this, you are saying that you cannot stand your daughter because there is no labeling to be done here. She is just a girl, and I am proud of her,” Michael said firmly.

Amara felt a tear fall and said quietly, “Thank you, Dad…”

“Shut up!” Marsha shrieked.

Amara sighed and stood up, her eyes widening at her horrific pain, but she went to her room on her own. She lay down on her bed again and sighed. She figured this would not be the only time she was punished. She hated this so much. She did not know how much of this she could endure. She knew it would only continue because she would never stop seeing Michelle. She would take it, for her. She would never give up.

Michelle was in tears by the time Amara had stopped talking. “Michelle, don’t cry, please…” she touched her cheek.

Michelle wiped her tears and hugged Amara carefully. “I can’t believe this. I know now why you never let me come over…” she looked down.

Amara hugged Michelle tight to her. “Yes, that is exactly why. I could not let you be exposed to that and risk you getting hurt, too.”

“Your mother is such a bitch…” she whispered.

“I know…I am getting to where I can’t stand her. She can be really sweet, but when it comes to you and me, she’s so inconsiderate.”

“I do not understand what is wrong with us. To some, I understand that it is strange, but it does not give anyone a right to hurt someone over it…Especially you,” her voice broke a little. She hated to know someone was hurting her dear Amara, especially her own mother. It was a terrible thing.

Amara felt a chill and put her shirt back on. “Well, soon that will all be over because I will not be living with the woman.”

“Thank God,” Michelle breathed.

When it came time for the party, Michelle was allowed to bring Amara as long as she played a piano accompaniment along with Michelle’s violin. That, of course, was no problem at all. Amara loved playing with Michelle, though she didn’t feel worthy to be playing along with such a talented musician.

It seemed that Michelle’s mother didn’t think so either for she was pursing her lips the whole song. She didn’t think Amara was a good enough piano player. Andrew thought they sounded great together, but Angela, being a pianist herself, could find Amara’s flaws easily.

She let her know this afterwards in private. She wouldn’t embarrass her in front of all of the guests. “Amara, dear,” she said politely, pulling her to the side. “How long have you been playing piano?”

“A few years,” Amara shrugged.

“How long do you practice daily?” she pressed on.

“I don’t know. I don’t have a set time…”

“Clearly you don’t,” Angela said. “You really should set yourself up a practice schedule. Practice makes perfect of course, or in your case, it makes you able to play!”

Amara raised her eyes. “I didn’t think it was that bad. I know I missed a few notes, but…”

“It was terrible, dear,” Angela said honestly. She may have been exaggerating a bit, but she could do that sometimes.

Amara nodded. “Okay. I’ll try to do better. I am sorry…” she walked off to Michelle and told her quietly what had just happened.

Michelle’s eyes widened, and she went over to her mother. “What are you trying to do?” she whispered urgently.

“Do you mean to tell me your little friend came and tattled on me?” she laughed.

“Of course she did! We tell each other everything, unlike you and father.”

“What are you speaking of?” Angela raised her eyes.

“That is not the point. The point is that I do not like how you speak of Amara, as if she is not as good as us because her family is not as rich, or her piano playing is not up to your standards. I am tired of it!” she closed her eyes.

“I am only telling what I see.”

“Well keep your thoughts to yourself because they’re terrible. I wouldn’t care if Amara was a street urchin; I would still be with her because I love her. It’s not about social class or talent. It’s about love, and that’s what we share.”

“I don’t mind that you are with Amara, dear.”

“I’m glad you don’t because we are getting a place together.”

“What?” Angela asked. “You’re leaving?”

“Yes, and right now,” Michelle said. She couldn’t stand it any longer. She grabbed her violin and took Amara by the arm. She wouldn’t need her other belongings. If she did, she would come back and get them. All she needed was her violin and Amara. She kissed each of her parents’ cheeks and smiled a little. “I’ll see you both later, okay?”

“Just like that, you’re going to leave?” her mother asked.

“Yes, just like this,” Michelle sighed, pulling Amara off. She was irritated with her mother at the moment and just wanted to get away. She would apologize later.

Amara and Michelle drove to the Tenou house, and Michelle was told to stay in the car while Amara went inside. She said she wouldn’t be long. Michelle waited for an hour it seemed, and she couldn’t wait any longer. She got out of the car and went to the house, opening the door without knocking or anything. Amara’s father was standing nearby, looking nervous. He saw Michelle and smiled. “You are more beautiful than I thought you would be.”

Michelle blushed. “Thank you, sir. Are you Amara’s father?”

“Yes. Amara is in the kitchen with her mother. It’s pretty ugly in there.”

Michelle could hear the sounds of clanging coming from what must have been the kitchen. She walked over curiously and opened the door to see pots and pans flying everywhere, as Amara and her mother dodged them, getting hit at times. “What is going on?!” she couldn’t help but shout.

Marsha froze with a pot in her hand, ready to throw it across the room. “So you’re Michelle, are you?” She looked her down. “Your dress is too low, and you look like a slut.”

Michelle was appalled at this greeting. The first words she had ever heard Amara’s mother speak. This was her first impression on the woman at all, and she didn’t like what she saw. “I’m sorry that you don’t have a figure to show off,” she said back, eyes narrowed. She felt no shame in saying this. She might have been quick to judge, but she felt she looked better than the woman.

Amara instantly had looked worried from the instant Michelle walked in. “Michelle, get back in the car! I’ll be out soon. Please; I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’m not going to hurt her,” Marsha said. “She is not my problem; you are. You are my daughter, and I am responsible for you, and I will not stand to see you acting so badly!”

“Then I will help you by taking her out of your sight,” Michelle said firmly, walking over and grabbing Amara by the arm, dragging her out the door. Marsha didn’t follow, and Michelle instantly felt safer when they were back in Amara’s car. “She is so scary,” she whispered.

“I know,” Amara closed her eyes. “I’m sorry you had to see that,” she took Michelle’s hand.

“It’s okay. Let’s just get out here. You have an apartment picked out, right?”

Amara nodded. “Actually I’ve already got the key,” she held it up with a sheepish grin. “I was really counting on you saying yes.”

Michelle smiled. “Perfect. Let’s go and start our new life together, shall we?”

“Sounds like a great idea,” Amara responded, giving Michelle’s hand a squeeze before letting it go and starting up the car.

They drove off to start their new life in a one bedroom apartment together. They would be rid of their old life and any troubles with their families. It would be an adventure, but they would have each other, and that’s all they could ever ask for.

Last edited by NauticalNeptune on 23rd August 2011, 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : font color)
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime5th August 2011, 9:48 pm

Hey, would you mind changing the font color? Its really hard for me to read black text over this dark background. <3
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 10:46 am

Haha yeah sorry. I'm dumb. I will change it on both of mine. It did that when I pasted over and I'm too stupid to realize I could change. it. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 2:19 pm

Yay! Now its readable! I'll read when I have some more free time tonight. <3
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 2:30 pm

Hehe sorry about that! I will be sure to make sure my posts/stories are readable when I copy-paste! =P
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime9th August 2011, 12:59 pm

Okay, finally i read it. It makes me wish we had more on the background of the pair in the anime/manga. I can see you kept their dub names so I assumed you were trying to americanize it a bit?

I always thought that Amara/Haruka was rich too because she was into racing and such before she met Michelle/Michiru, which is why the low class thing was odd for me. I also always imagined Michelle/Michiru to have parents who were very rich but too busy to be with her so thats why she was always able to be alone and do whatever she wanted. But thats just me and not your story. ^^;

But i like how this set up the story of how they came to live together. Smile
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime9th August 2011, 1:19 pm

I know. I debated different ideas, but this popped in my head. Ideas change in my head, but for this story, 'tis how it is. (: I'm glad you like it. And yeah, I prolly should've just used their Jap names. >_< I like those names better anyway. sometimes I just randomly use the dub names. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Untitled.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Untitled..   Untitled.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Untitled..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top