The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Watching PGSM for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2014, 2:20 am

Yuuuup I'm gonna be giving PGSM a try soon! It seems super cheesy but I think you gotta just embrace that haha. I'm excited to watch it. =p
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st April 2014, 10:32 am

sailor luna makes me so happy. i couldn't take her seriously at first till a few episodes in after she got introduced. mio honestly pisses me off. we'll see what happens later on with her. and idk why but if you were watching the stream the other day, i mentioned that she reminded me of a certain ex-akb48 member.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2014, 5:06 pm

When I first saw pgsm, I thought Everything looks so fake! I want amazing spider man 2 fighting!

I like the theme song and the transformation sequences look cool.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th June 2014, 5:52 pm

cried on one of them eps today. i was like NOOO.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 1:25 pm

Ok so I'm currently watching the PGSM for the very first time so I'm going to write down a few of my reactions while I watch.

OMG Luna like literally dropped out of the sky and attached herself to Usagi's face!! I nearly died laughing.

Naru-chan! I'm almost sad that Nephrite and Naru only happen in the 90s anime but she looks super cute!

Luna's moon glows red? Like isn't red evil colour?

Umm Does Naru-chans mom not run a jewllery store in this one?

Aww poor Usagi-chan you're not fat I promise. I don't care what the jerk says. Seriously who does this guy think he is.

Random water arms from the ceiling.

Luna's really good at B&E man she's like just sitting on Usagi's bed.

Oh no Naru-chan run!!

Dude can I get a cellphone like that?

OMG the fight sequences omg so power rangers xD

Dun dun dun Sailor Moon meet Tuxedo Kamen! Oh yes hold your cape up infront of your mouth, you look so mysterious like that >.>

She wears a lot of Pink in this version She kinda reminds me more of Chibi Moon.

Overall I think I'm gonna like this show xD
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 8:11 pm

Addelyn wrote:
Ok so I'm currently watching the PGSM for the very first time so I'm going to write down a few of my reactions while I watch.

I FEEL THE NEED TO DO ALL THE RESPONSE BECAUSE YAY PGSM!!

Addelyn wrote:
Naru-chan! I'm almost sad that Nephrite and Naru only happen in the 90s anime but she looks super cute!

Luna's moon glows red? Like isn't red evil colour?

While Naru doesn't have a love interest arc, her involvement in this series is AWESOME and I just love the way it plays out between Usagi, Ami, and Naru. Very Happy

Dunno why they chose red for Luna..? Maybe its meant to be dark pink?

Addelyn wrote:
Umm Does Naru-chans mom not run a jewllery store in this one?

yes she does! She's just having a model show to show off her jewelry (but its confirmed in Act 0: Birth of Sailor V, that she does have an actual shop as they use that as a setting).

Addelyn wrote:
Dude can I get a cellphone like that?

OMG the fight sequences omg so power rangers xD

I think everyone who watched PGSM wants their cellphones. xD

That is because the intent of PGSM was to be like a Power Rangers type show! These shows are VERY VERY popular in Japan, there are tons of different series and many of them are very very long running (like power rangers) and the writer of PGSM is also a writer on many of those types of shows. So expect that plus lots of drama! Very Happy

Addelyn wrote:
Dun dun dun Sailor Moon meet Tuxedo Kamen! Oh yes hold your cape up infront of your mouth, you look so mysterious like that >.>

THERE IS AN UNGODLY AMOUNT OF EPIC CAPE SWOOSHING IN THIS SHOW AND ITS AWESOME BUT SO CHEESY. XD

Addelyn wrote:

She wears a lot of Pink in this version She kinda reminds me more of Chibi Moon.

Overall I think I'm gonna like this show xD

Pink is often associated with Usagi/Moon, i think thats often her aura color in manga illustrations(??), anyway its very Usagi (to me anyway) to wear and love pink. Its so her. xD (She is also often in pink in her casual wear in the musicals!)
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 8:32 pm

The epic cape swooshing omg do the think they are like super manly doing it? lol
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 10:05 pm

SO where can one who hasn't viewed PGSM watch it? Cause I'm thinking about watching it after the specials from the stream the other day.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 10:12 pm

Well I know Miss Dream has a translation up for download. So you could always try there. I have copies of the older subtitles. I've never seen Miss Dream's so I dunno how hers compares to the ones I have. ^^;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 10:14 pm

I'll give mss dream a try. Will PGSM make it on to Sea of Serenity?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 11:16 pm

Ehhh.. some people say the Miss Dream translation has a lot of errors. I also watched an episode of theirs the other day where numerous lines go completely untranslated. I'd say try these streaming links:

One
Two
Three

There are also these torrents.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 11:26 pm

thanks Mercury! I was actually looking for torrents so i can take it on the road later this year.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th July 2014, 3:33 am

This is my plan for summer!! I've never seen it and am v excited. ^^
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th July 2014, 6:56 am

And to answer your question Ed, yes PGSM is most likely our next big project for Sea of Serenity with other things in between. My translator has like two musicals left to do soooo yeah expect it later this year most likely. Smile (i have to learn how to make softsubs now tho lol) 

Edit: and mercury its not the first time ive heard hers isnt good. I just didnt want to bad mouth since i have t watched for myself. ^^
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2015, 4:26 am

I'm thinking about trying this out.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Tuxedo Kamen Rider ♥ GC's official PGSM Moon

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2015, 5:07 am

You, should, Juliko! It's wonderful!
I'm currently rewatching the show with Sea of Serenity's subs and I still love it to bits and pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://suzustarlight.tumblr.com/ http://miriam-the-fox.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CureChibi
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2015, 1:43 pm

Welp, I finally finished episode one and...OH MY FREAKING GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I was so convinced I'd hate it but it's already done so many things right that annoyed me in the anime!

1. Usagi actually manages to fight the enemy on her own instead of freaking out the whole time! She did freak out a little but she got her act together! Yay for realizing what's important!
2. Naru actually suspected her mother was acting strange! I found that to be really well done, because if my parents were acting strange, I'd be able to figure it out too.
3. The pacing actually felt great. Nothing was rushed, nor was anything going too slow.
4. Luna! I could sing so many praises about her it's not even funny! Wanna know why? SHE'S NOT AN ANNOYING NAG THIS TIME AROUND!!! One thing I always hated in the anime was the fact that she always seemed to get on Usagi's case, basically forcing her and even threatening her to go into battle, and even when she did a good job, Luna never seemed to praise Usagi for her good efforts. THIS IS NOT THE CASE HERE!!! Luna is actually genuinely nice to Usagi, lets her decide to be a senshi on her own giving her time to make her choice, gives Usagi space, praises her for doing good, encourages her to fight without pushing too far, and even gently explains what she needs to do without resorting to petty name calling or being a nag. THANK YOU PGSM FOR IMPROVING ON LUNA'S PERSONALITY!!!
5. Queen Beryl looks so far out, though I think it works here since she's supposed to be a crazy villain here.
6. I find it kinda interesting that they turned the arcade into a karaoke bar (is that what they're called? I know kids visit there so I don't know what else to call it).
7. Naru's played by the girl who sings the Ouran High School Host Club anime theme song. Yes.
8. Usagi's voice isn't annoying, and her calling her attacks isn't annoyingly high pitched either! And she actually holds her own in a fight and WANTS to fight! Yay!
9. The music is wonderful.

One thing I can't take seriously is Jadeite. His hair is so massively curly that I can't help but think he came right out of some beach side American romantic comedy movie! Yeah, the special effects can be kinda dumb, but not even that detracted from my enjoyment of the show! I am SO watching this over Sailor Moon Crystal (not that I hate Crystal. I'm just not motivated to watch it at the moment. Got too much on my plate).
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2015, 3:00 pm

Ooooh yes yes keep watching PGSM!!!

Naru's actress also was in the musicals for a time! She performed during MiyukiMoon's time. Smile And I agree with them changing it to a karaoke place. They modernized SM very well in PGSM. Karaoke is hella popular over there and it works with the whole Minako being an actual idol and so on. Plus their secret base is so cool looking. It's not only a place where they can meet in secret, they can have fun and relax as friends there.
Back to top Go down
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2015, 11:32 pm

Juliko! How can you complain about 2004 effects when you're watching a 2002 toku as well? Ryuki's effects are even worse than PGSM's xD

Anyway, glad you like it so far. And the show will continue in this quality, so look forward to amazing characters and storytelling. Bless Yasuko Kobayashi (who also happens to have written Kamen Rider Ryuki).
Back to top Go down
http://suzustarlight.tumblr.com/ http://miriam-the-fox.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CureChibi
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th May 2015, 5:13 pm

Meh, I don't watch live action shows for the special effects, so I'm not letting it bother me. But just because I like something doesn't mean I won't point out some of its bad points and detriments (trying to work on my critiquing skills).

Didn't Yasuko Kobayashi also work on Attack on Titan?

Anyway, saw episode two this morning, and...I like this version of the episode better than the anime's take on it. I loved how Ami and Usagi bonded over a common interest, as that's how I usually start friendships with people, and I can really relate to that. I also loved that they didn't think she was a Youma this time around, and how Usagi was adamant about respecting Ami's decision to not become a senshi and told her she didn't have to if she didn't want to. I also like that Usagi didn't want to befriend Ami so she could have her help her with homework and tests. I am SO watching this from now on! I don't mind if its campy and silly! That can be good once in a while! Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th May 2015, 5:42 pm

Yep! Same writer from Attack on Titan.

And omg you won't even notice the camp and silly when you get to the feels episodes...Just prepare and make sure to have tissues.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th May 2015, 7:00 pm

PGSM Usagi is the best Usagi. I'm glad that they made her different from the other Usagis. It's a refreshing take on the character. I need to rewatch PGSM.

As for the Shittenou they get better! They all look goofy in this version expect for Kunzite. However their characters make up for it. I really don't get why they gave them odd hair styles. They have the most normal hair in Sailor Moon. Kunzite is the only one with an extreme hair color and yet they give him black hair in PGSM? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2015, 2:04 am

Juliko wrote:
Meh, I don't watch live action shows for the special effects, so I'm not letting it bother me. But just because I like something doesn't mean I won't point out some of its bad points and detriments (trying to work on my critiquing skills).
Chill, I was joking xDDD

But seriously, considering how old it is, PGSM still looks fine imho.

Small Lady wrote:
And omg you won't even notice the camp and silly when you get to the feels episodes...Just prepare and make sure to have tissues.

Yes indeed. Maybe some chocolate too, just in case.

Goddess Yami wrote:
As for the Shittenou they get better! They all look goofy in this version expect for Kunzite. However their characters make up for it. I really don't get why they gave them odd hair styles. They have the most normal hair in Sailor Moon. Kunzite is the only one with an extreme hair color and yet they give him black hair in PGSM? Razz

I alway liked the PGSM design's of the Shitennou better in PGSM than the other versions. I really like their costumes. You can argue about the wigs (though I didn't find Zoisite's hair that weird either), but the outfits themselves are amazing. I love how they all have a unique design instead of wearing the same uniform.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2015, 5:21 am

Yeah I'm talking about the wigs. Although Nephrite's costume is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th May 2015, 2:14 am

Though they still look okay on the actors. I know some guys who cosplayed Jadeite and they used a PGSM-style wig.... not everyone can wear that. Thank god PGSM Jadeite can.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 6:18 pm

Episode eight. Episode eight. Episode eight. I love you so. Makoto, why are you so awesome? Yous my fave senshi next to Ami and Usagi!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 6:23 pm

Mako is the star of PGSM. They really did great job with fleshing her out in this series. You will love her even more as the show goes on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 5:22 am

Agreed on that. PGSM Mako is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 9:57 pm

PGSM Mako is the second best character in the entire series. The only one who tops her is Mamoru... <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 4:30 am

All characters are awesome in PGSM!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching PGSM for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top