The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LoLoTires
Pyramidal Crystal

LoLoTires

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : A Sailor Moon obsessed cheerleader

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st August 2011, 2:25 pm

So, I tried re-doing it with the instructions... Half way through I was like, F this and finished it my own way... here it is Razz
Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 172321
Back to top Go down
http://sailorbvb.tumblr.com
electricBonBon
Pyramidal Crystal

electricBonBon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st August 2011, 6:28 pm

Oh, that's just too cute! XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st August 2011, 10:03 pm

aw guys I just cut my hair before i had a chance to make a tutorial. BUT I'm thinking I could make a tutorial on how to do it with shorter hair..hmmm.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2011, 7:39 pm

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

I ended up looking like princess Leya, they need to higher.

Last edited by KittyCMoon on 22nd August 2011, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
LoLoTires
Pyramidal Crystal

LoLoTires

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : A Sailor Moon obsessed cheerleader

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2011, 7:42 pm

@electricBonBon haha Smile Thanks.. I got part of it done right so I was happy and my hair is JUST passed my shoulders when it's down so they're SUPER short Razz
Back to top Go down
http://sailorbvb.tumblr.com
RiceChai
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd November 2011, 12:39 pm

Reiko wrote:
I was going to submit this to the confession thread at one time or another...

OMFG first grade photo!
Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Fukun

I wanted to be Usagi so bad and always begged my mom to put my hair in pig tails. She also made me my own custom fuku. In hindsight I'm glad she made it red because I'm so much more like Mars 14 years down the road.

Not quite odangos but that's what the red hair ties were for!!

you were too cute as a kid! clothes, hair, face, and just everything else! ^/////^
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2011, 12:36 pm

It was in halloween 2010

I was the japanese girl in blue and my hair was shorter, but I was able to make it, the odangos! Wink

Sorry for the quality of the image, I know we don't see it as well as I would have liked to!

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 75674_10

Also this one was taken in december 2009, for Christmas Wink

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 101_2811
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
SwineFluSam
Lotus Crystal

SwineFluSam

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2011, 1:39 pm

Aquarii2011 wrote:
not yet, though I will be going natural with my hair when I go to Otakon 2012 in Pittsburgh.

I know you posted this a LONG time ago, but I had to point out that I might be going to that with a friend! haha

And I have tried so many times to do cool things to my hair, but I am not savvy with that kind of stuff. I can straighten my hair, scrunch it, pull it back, do braids, and that's about it. lol

I just need to find someone who does it in steps and breaks down the steps :p
Back to top Go down
http://dancingqueenonly7teen.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2011, 2:08 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
Hehe, I do think I'll be trying out Usagi's hairstyle with that linked tutorial - With hair that goes an inch or two past my hips, it should give the right effect if I can get it right. ^^

hey pluto did you ever try it out? ^^
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

Title : Lady Phoenix

PostSubject: Usagi Hair Tutorial Rant   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th May 2013, 12:46 am

I'm back lovelies and something has gotten under my skin.

The hair tutorials for "Sailor Moon's/Serena/Usagi's" Buns. I completely understand that her buns were big.

But her hair was floor length if not longer and thick when down.

(Also "ratting" ones hair to get the aforementioned buns just kills me )

But despite that rant I did my own version of the beloved bunny's odango

My Buns

The Bangs
Back to top Go down
http://bloodandsugar.wordpress.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th May 2013, 11:35 pm

I believe we had a thread where we posted our odangos. Its on the forum somewhere... if I can find it again, that'd be wonderful cause I know I had posted my pictures there too. xD
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 12:04 am

We can always renew it if it can't be found.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Xillia
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Xillia

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Eudial/Eugeal.

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 7:35 am

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 1023433532
Is it wrong to want to see Small Lady's buns?
Back to top Go down
http://asukapasta.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DicloniusLucy666?feature=mhee
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 4:11 pm

Nope not at all. I do wonder how her hair ends up in ears though... Maybe something like a ball shape but cone? but that wouldn't work. Chibi-Usa's hair is...Is it shoulder length or more mid back? I can't remember.

It just doesn't seem like there would be enough hair for the buns and the amount of poof.
Back to top Go down
horrormoans
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 8:52 pm

I think her hair is shoulder-length when up, but mid-back when down.

LMFAO, I spend a lot of time contemplating how the heck the hair in SM would fair in real life since the way I draw kinda calls for that. I also want to style wigs from cosplayers/BJD in the future. This hairstyle is the closest I've seen to her buns done in real life.

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Tumblr11

I can't explain the poof, but I just looked at a bunch of thick ponytails and if the buns are roughly the size above, there's definitely enough room for thick ponytails with "poof" (plus Asian hair is usually pretty dang thick).

Gotta wonder though, mornings must be long and grueling putting all that hair into that seemingly difficult hairstyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 9:25 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that Rini uses SOME kind of thing to hold her hair up in cones. I mean, yeesh! She would need a lot of hair otherwise, but since her hair ends are her waist, it just can't be possible that she has enough hair...
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:51 am

I can roll with this.

@Horror: Yeah that hairstyle as far as her buns is the closest I'll agree. But they do look a little...harsh. Hair wouldn't be that stiff (in my head anyway) so I think it would be a bit more rounded then pointy.

@Natasha: I think we can all agree from various pictures and such. Chibi-Usa has enough hair for it as far as how it would hold I don't rightly know.

But I suppose if her hair is thick enough (since she does leave more toward her dad's side of things) If she put it up instead of round they could end up and bit poofy and bunny ear like.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 10:36 am

I know that if I were to attempt odangos (which I may soon) I would use those poofy bun things they have at like claire's or beauty supply stores. I have one (claire's calls it a doughnut) for one big bun and it makes my hair look huge!

I think they sell packs of 2 smaller ones. I would think Usagi might do that.

As for Chibiusa....there is no way in chibi that her hair style would work in real life
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 7:13 pm

Omg! I found the thread. Yay!

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t362-show-off-your-odangos

My picture doesn't load on there anymore... I will have to refind it. xD

Here's one!
Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 8723_582371331524_7698980_n
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:02 pm

*Squee!* I'll have to upload an old one of mine. My hair is short now. When I did the original it was mid back and the ends went just to my shoulders.

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 217145_7051980453_7040_n
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:38 pm

I tried putting my hair in the buns once and it was far to thick to do anything with so I couldn't get them to stay and now I can't do it because my hair's to short Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 1948543417 so wish I could join in on this. Everyone's look awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:41 pm

Cute! Also I'm gunna merge this thread with the old one. Smile
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:42 pm

Ari: You can still join in! Even if it's just little pigtails.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:45 pm

RoseGray wrote:
Ari: You can still join in! Even if it's just little pigtails.

Not long enough for pigtails either my hair is the same length as Haruka's same style to. so yea if Haruka hair works than I can so post a pic Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 868675979
Back to top Go down
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:50 pm

I say go for it!
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 8:54 pm

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Me
well than here ya go although I parted my bangs that day Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 9:00 pm

Lol! Great job Ari! I think your buns are the best! Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 2695440696
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 9:06 pm

:lolz:
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 9:52 pm

i remember posting this elsewhere, but...

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Tumblr_m9hvgydIUq1qb1ubeo1_1280
Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 Tumblr_m9hga8AWt41qb1ubeo1_500
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
RoseGray
Star Seed

RoseGray

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th May 2013, 10:57 pm

@Ari: I love the color and that cut does look good on you.

@Mi: Rock the Odangos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!   Show off your odangos (and other Senshi  hair-dos)! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show off your odangos (and other Senshi hair-dos)!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top