The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th September 2013, 12:01 pm

Why would I find something so awesome like that on the Internet like that when I should be doing homework? Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 111859084
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th September 2013, 1:08 pm

Sailor Venus wrote:
Legend of Zelda: The Edge and the Light

This has captured my attention. It is an illustrated prose, fan-creation based on an indirect sequel to the Legend of Zelda. The artwork and the writing are excellent. It is about Link's return to Hyrule nearly a decade after he left. Of course, Hyrule is in trouble and needs a hero.
OH MY GOD!

Link actually has a personality that isn't crap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 3:00 am

I started my Wind Waker HD game. I purchased the digital version because I get nervous with disc scratches. So far, it's like ten years ago, (it's great) except I noticed one very minor glitch after getting the titular Wind Waker. If Link and the camera moves on the edge of a steep hill or alcove, the HUD will temporary get slightly corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 9:55 am

Thats good to hear! I preordered the CE one that comes with the Ganondorf statue from Gamestop, even though I don't have a wiiu. xD
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th December 2013, 7:03 am

I have the Hyrule Historia book and it is sooooo fantastic!!!!  It has so much detail, gives a perfect timeline of each Zelda game, explains each Zelda game, gives interesting facts, and has artwork for each character over the years!  Not to mention some pretty awesome manga at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 6:04 pm

I was curious if anyone had heard of Zelda Classic before. It's a program where you take the first zelda game and make a fan game with updated graphics, new dungeons, storylines, overworld, etc. I've played some games (called quests) but they are very hard, but fun. I want to replay a game tomorrow or sometime this week.

http://www.purezc.net/
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2014, 1:57 pm

The GBA Four Swords is free on the 3DS eshop!! It's only free for four days! Get while you can!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2014, 2:52 pm

I've heard of Zelda Classic before. It's pretty interesting how many quest creators put a significant amount of effort in their quests. For example (there's way too many quests to name), C-Dawg's Dreams of Yesterday or Nightmare's Nintendo Hard quests. There's also the "official" third and fourth quests which take new, more challenging takes on what a third or fourth quest would've been like.

On another note, A Link to the Past has been released on the Wii U Virtual Console today.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2014, 4:50 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
The GBA Four Swords is free on the 3DS eshop!! It's only free for four days! Get while you can!

OH SWEET. YAMI YOU MADE MY DAY!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2014, 4:51 pm

Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 1078067613
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2014, 4:55 pm

B-but, I don't have a 3DS *cries*
Back to top Go down
Lady_RoseDragon
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : In the name of Aquabania...

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 5:45 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I've been trying to download it for hours and I have yet to connect to the eShop...  Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 2869872805
Back to top Go down
http://kumatorakazooie.tumblr.com http://dragonkazooie89.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st January 2014, 5:57 pm

Did you make your ID first? If you havent you need to make one through the Miiverse. Last month Nintendo connected the eshop accounts for the 3DS and the Wii U. So now if you have a gift card you can use that money either on the Wii U or 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2014, 9:35 am

So I was recently listening to the Ocarina of Time soundtrack and I noticed that Dodongo and Volvagia are the only bosses (excluding mini bosses and ganondorf/ganon) that have their own special theme music and I wrote this little blurb about why I think that is on my tumblr page. 
I haven't found any evidence or interviews with anyone from Nintendo where they explain why this is and some people believe it's only because they are fire and reptile based bosses? That doesn't really make sense to me because it just seems odd to single them out like that for those reasons. So none the less I wrote this Smile
 http://chillygodzilly.tumblr.com/post/83781861564/im-really-curious-as-to-why-dodongo-and-volvagia-are

It was also brought to my attention that Bongo Bongo had some variation in his theme, but I'm not really counting that because Volvagia and Dodongo have an entirely different theme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th May 2014, 1:21 pm

Hm, I never noticed that before! I wonder if it has to do with older games? The music from previous games does get recycled and redone quite often.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd May 2014, 6:29 am

Just downloaded Oracle Of Ages on my 3DS and enjoying the game as I've never played the Oracle games before. After I complete Ages, I'll download Seasons. ^^
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th September 2015, 7:17 pm

Aww yisss the thread of my people! 
I beat Ocarina of Time back in August after six months (I wasn't exactly playing in everyday). It was the first Zelda game I've beaten. And wow, did I love that game. Two days ago I started Majora's Mask and I can already tell this will be a fun, happy game *sarcasm face*
I've also played the first dungeon in the original game (after dying like 80 times) and  played a little of A Link Between Worlds and MM 3D (though I'm playing the original N64 version of MM, in the GameCube collection, on my Wii.... NINTENCEPTION). 
So yeah, Zelda is great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 5:23 pm

*waves* HELLO FELLOW ZELDA FAN!

Have you had a chance to play Hyrule Warriors yet? I was a tiny bit skeptical when it was announced but now that I have played it and own it, its soooo much fun! And I heard there is gunna be a sequel. I can't believe I never played these types of games until this one. xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2015, 1:06 pm

I have not, sadly. I don't have a Wii U (yet), but I do plan on getting one.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2015, 2:39 pm

I'd def say that is a must have game for a Zelda fan if you get a WiiU!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2016, 3:41 pm

I beat the Wind Waker last week, and I must say... Wow.
I'll be completely honest, I didn't like this game so much at first. When I started it in December, I had just finished Majora's Mask the day before, so I guess in my mind I was still comparing the two. But somewhere around the Tower of the Gods, I think, I really started to like this game. And The Earth Temple... Yes. I loved that dungeon (I can't say the same for the Wind Temple, I seont an entire 30 minutes of my life looking for Maker). Freaking Puppet Ganon was hard, harder than Ganondorf himself I think. The absolute coolest part though, even though I knew it was coming, was (and I'm assuming most of you have played the game right now, so skip down to the last line if you haven't) King Daphne's wishing Hyrule away, to put an end to Ganondorf once and for all. 

And I didn't mind the Triforce fetch quest. I liked exploring the Great Sea. 
So yeah. The Wind Waker. Amazing game.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2016, 4:44 pm

Isn't it??? It felt so huge and expansive (it took me forever to uncover the entire map) and there's just so much to do as far as side quests go and the story and yeah. I love that game. I'm glad you like it too!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th March 2016, 3:21 pm

Today I bought Twilight Princess (Wii version, though I wanted the HD version, but sadly I don't have a Wii U). It's kinda got a slow start, but I think it's gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd March 2016, 9:51 pm

TP is quite enjoyable and long (not doing very many side quests, i ended up beating it in about 38 hours for the first play through). I find it is essentially a darker version of Ocarina, which i honestly didn't mind at the time cause i was looking forward to another Ocarina like game. I always felt it was a bit easy for me which I'm glad that the WiiU HD Version has a harder mode (which I will not try out quite yet cause I feel rusty having not played a Zelda game in a long time).

I love love the story and the characters. I think this game gives a lot ofcharacter development for the other characters than other Zelda games I've played. It has some epic battle scenes (you'll know what I'm talking about) and Midna is a bamf. Love that mischievous girl. I hope you are enjoying it! If you ever get a WiiU, I'm not sure if you'll feel like its worth it. So far, I haven't noticed a huge difference in graphics (but I haven't played the original since it came out in 2006...wow...10 years...wow i'm old...) but it does have a bunch of extras,like the hero-mode and here's the amiibo stuff.

It was so worth it for the Wolf Link and Midna Amiibo tho. I've never bought any Amiibo's but I love this one. I love Wolf Link. xD
Back to top Go down
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd March 2016, 10:13 pm

I've been kind of playing TPHD, but haven't really had much time since I got it.  I've gotten a lot further on it than the Wii version though.  I still don't find them easy-even though people say it is. (I still lose all my hearts pretty quickly).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd March 2016, 3:43 pm

Yeah, this game does seem to drag. I haven't gotten around to playing it in a few days, but I'm just at the part where you're getting the Tears of Light for Faron. I'm so ready for a dungeon. Meanwhile my brother's at the Forest Temple (he's finally actually getting into a 3D Zelda game! He's tried OoT and TWW, but couldn't get into it. He did likes ALBW a lot though), and he's playing it in front of my grandmother and explaining it to her right now.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th March 2016, 6:34 pm

Ah you're close to getting a dungeon. The beginning is slow but it does pick up after that.

And maybe I should clarify on why I feel its easy. I'm mostly meaning the puzzles in the dungeons and boss fights. I find them fairly predictable and easy to solve. As far as fighting goes, there are some sequences that are a bit challenging. I lose hearts easily in the beginning (especially when I only have 3-4 hearts). But the parts I'm mostly talking about are the fighting on Epona and the bridge horse fights. I found those parts to be kind of hard but I think its due to a lack of good control design for the fights. At least thats what it feels like for me. :/

They are still really fun sequences and were something new to the game at the time. I hope they are able to make it really good in ZeldaU.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2016, 8:02 am

TP is a wonderful game! I own it on the Wii originally so I got the HD version so I could play with controls. I have been taking my time with my playthrough doing things I never did when I was a teenager (this game originally came out, when I was 16 years old!). I'm aiming to get everything. I have all the items and collected all the bugs. Focusing on the miiverse stamps, the poes and the heart pieces now. Main game wise I'm about to go the Sky Temple which is my greatest enemy! I have tried replaying this game a lot of over the years, but I always stopped playing because I forget where to go. XD

Replaying this game made me realize how much I love this game. It's not my favorite Zelda game, but I adore it. I'm really hoping Zelda U will feel the same as TP. I love Hyrule in TP. It feels grand.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2016, 6:21 pm

If they are dong what they claim to be doing and have said in the few videos ive watched on ZeldaU, the new zelda will be the most expansive in Zelda history. It will essentially be Elder Scrolls: Zelda. Which i cannot effing wait if that is really the truth.

I might never finish the dang game cause i always get distracted by exploring things all the time in those sorts of games. xD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2016, 7:19 pm

I know! It will be so cool to explore a vast open land! Picture all of the side quests!  Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 3150097195
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~   Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda Thread ~Warning: Thread May Contain Spoilers!~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top