The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Writing Contest Special Event - Voting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pick Your Favorite Entry!
Entry #1
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap38%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Entry #2
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap38%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Entry #3
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap0%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Entry #4
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap0%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Entry #5
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap13%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Entry #6
Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_lcap13%Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Entry #7
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Writing Contest Special Event - Voting Empty
PostSubject: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:36 pm

The Galaxy Cauldron is proud to announce a special event writing contest in honor of the birthday of Sailor Venus (October 22nd) and Sailor Pluto (October 29th). The challenge for this writing contest was anything that surrounds either or both of those two characters. The writers were free to interpret this challenge as they liked. The rules are as follows:

Rules
1. There is no word limit! (Be reasonable, please)
2. Entries must be a one-shot. Multiple chapters will not be accepted.
3. Entries must be rated PG13 or lower.
4. Entries must be related to the challenge (Sailor Venus and/or Sailor Pluto themed)
5. Your entry must be a new entry created specifically for this challenge.
6. You may only submit one entry.
7. You may not show your entry to anyone else or post it elsewhere on the Galaxy Cauldron until after the contest is over and the winner is announced.
8. Sailor Moon series themed entires are required.

Voting will be held for one week.

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 3rd November 2012, 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:36 pm

Entry #1

She didn't belong here.

It was obvious from the gold in her hair and the vibrance of her personality. Often, Setsuna would find herself staring at her recent student. She watched how Minako giggled with the servants and carelessly tossed her current task aside in order to saunter up to a handsome guard, a flirtatious smile playing on her lips.

Setsuna did not know how she would ever be able to teach a flighty teenager how to be a proper senshi. And this girl was to be the leader of the Senshi who would be charged with protecting the Princess? It seemed impossible. What could Queen Serenity possibly be thinking to entrust the training of this girl to her? Setsuna knew nothing about how to train another Senshi.

It is a good match, the Queen had assured her with a small smile. You will both teach each other many valuable lessons.

Seeing Minako trip for the second time this morning, Setsuna couldn't imagine needing to learn anything from her.

~~~

"Again."

Venus sent her another glare, but she said nothing as she raised her hands in a combative position. She struck out her right hand, fist connecting with the padded body of the training dummy.

"You're still lowering your shoulder, it gives away your intention," Pluto told her. "An enemy would be able to counter your attack before you've even completed it." She continued to circle around Sailor Venus in a slow pace, watching everything the other girl was doing. Pluto reached out and pushed on Venus's hands, raising them up even higher until they were level with her face. "If you keep your hands too low, it gives your opponent a chance to strike at one of your most vulnerable places."

Pluto did not miss the frustrated sigh that came from her student.

"I think we're done for today," Pluto said, her own frustrations getting the better of her. "We'll continue tomorrow."

"No! I can do this."

The words were said with conviction but Pluto had already made up her mind. "Your concentration is gone, and I need a break. We'll continue tomorrow." And then she left the room without a second look.

~~~

It was strange, sometimes, to walk through Charon Castle and find little reminders that someone new and different was now living inside the black walls. A loose and bright ribbon lying on the ground, or an opened book full of pictures meant for amusement.

Setsuna frowned at them, but left them where they were.

~~~

One night, after coming back from guarding the Time Gate, Setsuna saw Minako in the training room. She was alone, and she was focused. Setsuna could see it in those sky-colored eyes. Determination and resolve.

Minako looked like an entirely different person.

When Setsuna realized that she was staring, she tore herself away and left Minako to her training.

~~~

The first time Minako came up to Setsuna's favorite balcony, Setsuna almost ordered her to go away. But she didn't, and she wasn't sure why.

Minako came to stand beside her, her arms resting on the banister as she leaned in forward. Setsuna stood still as stone next to her and wondered why they were so close to touching one another. Then she wondered why she had even noticed such a thing.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Minako's voice was soft, contemplative. There was a small smile on her lips as she stared out at the dark sky. "In a gloomy kind of way."

"Hm." It wasn't quite an agreement, but it seemed to please Minako.

She grinned and turned her attention onto Setsuna herself. "You don't say much, do you?"

Their eyes locked, and Setsuna saw a brightness in Minako's expression, and she looked away. "No, I don't."

~~~

After that conversation on the balcony, Minako seemed to have made it her mission to get Setsuna to talk as much as possible. During training sessions, throughout dinner, even when they ran into each other in the halls, she would constantly be asking questions.

At first it annoyed Setsuna to no end. She was not used to having her personal thoughts barraged with questions at every corner.

But as the days went on, she surprised herself by indulging a little more information with each question.

Sometimes these questions led to long discussions that brought the two of them up to the balcony. With the cool wind on their skin, they would talk late into the night.

Setsuna found herself missing these conversations when she was forced to go a few days without them.

~~~

Venus was getting better. Her moves were quicker, more agile, and she reacted in a more experienced way rather than on base instinct. When Pluto sparred with her, Venus was a worthy opponent and sometimes she even won.

More and more, Pluto saw the focused woman instead of the flighty teenager.

Venus was becoming a warrior fit to protect a princess.

~~~

"Hey, Setsuna?"

"Hm?"

They were on their balcony. In the distance, the glimmer of the sun twinkled and gave off a vague sense of warmth. With Minako standing close to her, golden and bright, the sun paled in comparison.

"Do you ever get lonely?"

Setsuna frowned at the question and didn't know how to answer. She hesitated, before saying, "Sometimes."

A moment passed in silence. Minako moved in even closer against her and Setsuna could feel the warmth of her skin.

"Me too," Minako said in a soft voice.

Setsuna placed her hand over Minako's, and they stayed like that in silence for the rest of the night.

~~~

It was quiet in the main hall. Servants were packing away the suitcases and bags, but everything else felt incredibly still.

Setsuna stared at nothing in particular as Minako squeezed their clasped hands even tighter.

"You'll love the princess," Setsuna said, breaking the silence. "She's pure and bright. She almost reminds me of a more innocent you. Although I'm not sure who could be counted as being the more clumsy one."

Minako laughed, though it was short-lived and slightly forced. "Not funny," she said. She gave Setsuna's hand another squeeze. "Will I be able to come visit you sometimes?"

Setsuna hesitated. "I don't know." Another pause. "I will be spending more of my days at the Time Gate."

"Oh."

Setsuna turned to face her, taking in the sight of Minako's golden hair and clear blue eyes. "I will try to come up with a plan." The words felt hollow, but there wasn't anything else that could be said.

Minako nodded anyway, though her expression made it obvious that she did not believe the words either. "I'll be busy watching the Princess, anyway." She looked up at the taller woman, and smiled. "I had fun here, with you."

"So did I," Setsuna told her, and it still surprised her to know that it was true. She looked into Minako's eyes and Minako looked back.

A million things were said without a single word passing between them.

~~~

The Silver Millennium was ending in a bath of blood and death. Sailor Pluto watched from her solitary post at the Time Gates, and could do nothing to help.

Even as she caught sight of tangled golden hair and the torn red ribbon, the familiar orange and blue fuku dirty and bloody, Sailor Pluto did nothing.

Her heart broke into a hundred tiny painful pieces and her hands shook in anger and frustration and sorrow, she cried until the tears simply wouldn't come any more.

But she couldn't do anything to help the ones she loved.

~~~

On the crowded streets of London, talk of the famed Sailor V went through the city like wildfire. She protected the innocent and she helped those who could not help theirselves. She was beautiful and powerful and brought justice to the world.

But no one talked of the shadow that followed Sailor V everywhere she went. The shadow did not interact with the famed warrior, nor did the shadow ever made its presence known.

But it was always there, watching and helping in subtle unseen ways, content to protect instead of burdening Sailor V with memories of the past.

Waiting patiently for that one possible day when the two of them could continue where they left off.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:37 pm

Entry #2
Setsuna smiled softly to herself as she looked out on the city constructed out of jewels, glimmering beautifully in the light of the sinking sun. It had all become so beautiful, her home for the past six years. She never would have imagined it would turn out like this, that day she realized time and destiny had been changed somehow. She chuckled softly now to think of how she had fought so hard against it all. Silly thing for a guardian of time to do, when she had known better. Fate was never a thing to be stopped. And now, as she glanced around the room, she would never give anything to change it, even if she were given the chance. As she brushed her fingers against the walls made of smooth gem, she began thinking about what had led to all of this.

It had all started when that girl appeared before the Time Gates. Pluto had instantly recognized the hair color and eyes, but everything else was unfamiliar. Her hair was no longer in the cone shaped buns, but round ones, and her pigtails stretched to her ankles to brush the ground. So long and sleek, not puffy and short. Her eyes were...older. More mature, more sure and confident of herself. She moved with a grace that was only half perfected, but there and noticeable. And a gold crescent glowing gently on her brow, a testament to her heritage. Shy at first, the girl sat and played with fog. But she seemed to notice things Chibiusa hadn't. She called herself Nectaris.

No, no this was quite wrong. It was Chibiusa, not Nectaris. Cone buns, not round like her mother and grandmother. But she guarded the girl, and the senshi came for her. They took her back home, and then she could discover what happened. It hadn't happened, it should have by now. She could see it, see the man she originally fell in love with as he married her princess. But it wasn't Crystal Tokyo, no it was the palace on the Moon. Queen Serenity passing the throne and Silver Crystal onto her daughter. Pluto could feel the emotion rising in her. This wasn't how it was meant to be! Though she hated it, they were meant to die and be reborn! What would happen to Crystal Tokyo, her dear Chibiusa? They would never exist. It broke her heart then.

Then shortly after, came the invitation. A ball in her honor, to celebrate the woman who had protected the heir of the Silver Millennium during the attack of the Black Moon Clan. It had been years since she had left her post at the Time Gate, and she was uncomfortable, not used to so much attention and so many people around her after all the years alone. She was polite enough to accept the thanks and smiles, but one man she avoided. She had to avoid him, to prevent what would happen. It would be disaster, it couldn't happen! But it did. The party was attacked by the members of the Black Moon Clan again, as she knew it would. Oh how skewed time had become, for them to be here now!

But she hadn't been wary enough. She had been saved. By Him. She had seen the attack coming at her, and she had started to raise her hands to fend it off. The next thing she knew, she was on the floor, on top of someone warm. She opened her eyes, and they met beautiful green that reminded her of trees. She felt the breathlessness, it was as if the entire world disappeared for those precious few seconds. Had she frozen time by accident? She could feel her fingers delicately brushing against hair, his hair, colored smokey blue and soft. She heard his voice, a soft whisper as he said to her, “You're beautiful.” But it seemed time had started again, and she forced herself up and away from him. She transformed and began to fight. She should have been focusing on the battle, but she couldn't. She had been desperately avoiding the man and yet she had still met him. And now, she found she would give anything to look into his eyes again.

Afterward, she had struggled. The Queen had been saved, brought back to the Moon and everything was okay. But she could feel straining. The fabric of time and space was becoming skewed, worst than she had imagined. She was delaying the inevitable, why? But she had known why. She hoped that she could change things back, so that Crystal Tokyo would come to be, and Chibiusa. But that would never happen, now or ever. She went to a window and stared out over the surface of the Moon city. She had learned who that man was that had saved her, the man with the beautiful green eyes.

He was Crown Prince Hyperion of Earth, younger brother of Endymion and heir to the throne of Earth now. Ironic, she had thought. Then she had looked down, and saw Hyperion looking up at her hopefully. He had given a small wave, which she hesitantly returned and then he motioned for her to come down. She felt herself freeze up, staring down at him. She could see now how he was Endymion's brother. The same nose, the same shape of face and eyes. No, his eyes were not blue like the ocean, sucking you gently in. his hair wasn't black as the night sky. He would never wear a cape that reminded one of the sky at sunrise, a beautiful gentle lavender. But she couldn't deny him and his differences. She left her room to go downstairs.

She never could quite figure out when love for Endymion had turned to love for Hyperion, when she stopped comparing the brothers and suffering that painful twinge of the heart at the differences and similarities. Maybe it was when he took her out for a boat ride on a lake near one of his private summer homes on Earth. Or Maybe it was when he finally had the courage to kiss her delicately on the lips, a mere brushing that had left her as breathless as when they first met and the ache for more. Or maybe it was the nights they had begun spending together, when she would see him asleep in the moonlight. But when the day came, and Hyperion had presented her with a beautiful garnet ring, she no longer had the heart to resist. She said yes.

Then she had felt space stretching again. Things had to be fixed, to preserve all that had happened. There was no hesitation this time, and she joined her powers with Neo Queen Serenity of the Moon's. They projected their kingdoms into the future, the 29th century. The last vestiges of an ice age lingered, and people suffered. Together, they put things right, and began rebuilding. Serenity and Endymion retreated to the Moon again with their daughter. She and Hyperion were left on Earth, and she knew what had to be done now.

Construction commenced quickly, and Garnet Tokyo slowly grew and formed. She and Hyperion had been so happy together, and Pluto gained the name Setsuna. Hyperion had been confused by the strange name, but accepted it. And she would never tell him why she took it. She had taken it, to hold onto even a little of the timeline she had lost. A small memento that would always remind her of Chibiusa and Crystal Tokyo and everything that had existed but no longer did. And she found herself looking forward, more and more, to what she knew would come next.

Setsuna was broken out of her revelry by a soft crying. She turned and smiled, walking to the little bassinet and bent down. She cooed softly at the dark skinned little girl that laid there, staring up with the beautiful green eyes of her father and dark teal hair. Setsuna, Queen of Earth and Garnet Tokyo, gently picked up her daughter, the Crown Princess Theiusa of Earth. She nuzzled the child gently, hearing the soft giggles. Her own Chibiusa now, as she had taken to calling her. She carried the little girl about the room, then through the doors that led to her large bedroom. She moved to the bed and showed Theiusa the gown laid out on it. She would wear it tonight for her birthday celebration. All the nobles of Garnet Tokyo, all the senshi and the King and Queen of the Moon would be coming, to offer their well wishes and congratulations.

She glanced down and smiled to see Theiusa nuzzled into her breast, the familiar scent and voice having lulled her back to sleep. She was such a good child, and had only caused her and Hyperion to stay up a few nights so far. She gently laid Theiusa back into her little bed and looked down on the sleeping infant. She felt arms wrap around her from behind and smiled at the feeling of her husbands nose burying against her hair. “Our beautiful princess” he whispered softly. Setsuna turned around and wrapped her arms around Hyperion. She looked into his eyes for a moment before she kissed him. She wondered for a moment if she was getting addicted to his lips. She wondered how much time there was before the party began. Almost as if reading her mind, Hyperion whispered again, “We have time.” She smiled to herself and nodded, as they both drifted away from the bassinet and back into their bedroom, gently closing the doors.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:37 pm

Entry #3
“Excuse me?” He moved to grab her. She ducked out of his reach, stood and crossed the room. “What are you playing at?”
“Andromeda, I know you’re dying.” She stiffened. “I can see it. Let me help you. I can save you.” He stood and went to her.
“At what cost?” she asked. “Not my humanity. I was never really human to begin with. My life is over anyway, and all I wanted to do was live out my days on a beach with a fruity drink with a tiny umbrella in it. “ Pausing she sighed. “And you offer me the chance to continue to be.”
“I told you I would ‘save’ you when the time came, my dear sweet Andromeda and I always keep my promises.”
She looked at him almost dumbstruck. “You’re serious aren’t you?” He kept quite. “You are.” She almost couldn’t believe it. He was going to turn her TONIGHT! “What do we have to do?” she asked.
“You have to trust me. He said. Moving across to her. “ You will be in the worst pain and while you will continue on, you will die, but I won’t let you leave this world. Andromeda, are you sure?”
She took a deep breath and nodded. “Yes I am.”
He took her by the shoulders and led her to the couch. He sat down so they were facing each other. “Do you trust me, Andromeda?”
“If I didn’t you’d be a crispy critter.” She retorted. He smiled slightly; he hoped she didn’t loose her biting sense of humor. “Now what?”
He pulled her to him and looked down into her gray-green eyes. “Now you trust me.” He held her to him and brushed her long bright red-brown hair away from her neck. She was relaxed, not one muscle was tense. He sighed, she trusted him completely and he would not betray that trust. He sank his fangs into her smooth soft skin. She gasped at the sudden pain and tensed for a moment, but soon was relaxed again.
Her entire life floated before his mind’s eye. He saw the fire that took her parents from her. He saw her go through school and graduate college. He watched as she completed her military training and became the officer she was. Every event that made his Andromeda the woman he held tightly protectively and gently. He never wanted to let her go. He saw the first memory of him and ruefully realized he’d have to let her go, or risk losing her forever.
He released her and held her close. He rocked her as she struggled to breath. “Let go Andromeda, I’m here.”
“Don’t leave me.” She said hoarsely and out of breath.
“I’m not going anywhere.” He bit his wrist and moved it to her lips. “Drink and you’ll feel better.” She didn’t move to drink, more than the few drops that fell into her mouth. “Andromeda trust me, you’ll feel better.” But she didn’t move at all now. She was so near death now, she’d go soon. He only hoped that she’d taken enough blood to stay on this side of the veil. He felt her heart stop and her breath left her body. For a few terrifying second he thought he had lost her, but she moved to look up at him. Her eyes ere still gray-green but there was a light red ring around her irises.
“Did it work?” she asked. “I don’t feel different.” She tried to move away from him, but nearly collapsed onto him. “I guess it did.” She looked up at him again. She kissed him so passionately; that he swore he saw the stars she was named for. The fire from her kiss literally burned him. He was forced to push her gently away or be burnt to a cinder.
“Dear heart, you’ll make me ashes if you keep at it like that.” He said, keeping his arms around her.
“Sorry.” Romie blushed. “I guess I have to learn to control that…again.” She turned the loveliest shade of red Roarke had ever seen. “I-I’m sorry. I-I don’t know what came over me.”
He smiled. “It’s alright. I really didn’t mind.” She was so embarrassed by her actions that he couldn’t help but laugh. She looked like a scolded schoolgirl. “Really, Andromeda, it’s alright.”
“I guess that was my way of saying thank you.” She pushed away from him and tried to stand and would have face planted on the floor if Roarke hadn’t caught her.
“You’re still very weak, and will be for some time.” He picked her up . “I’ll stay with you tonight and tomorrow when we sleep.” He carried her to her room. He gently laid her on her bed and sat next to her. She moved to lean against him with her back to his chest.
“Can we watch mindless, pointless T.V.?” she asked looking up at him. “Please?”
He smiled. “Sure.” He reached for the remote and turned on the T.V. she fell into something resembling sleep. Sometime later she shifted her weight in such a way that Roarke could see the angry red marks he’d left on her neck. They were already healing. He ran his fingers through her long red-brown hair as she wrapped her arms around his chest. His being could end at this very moment and he would have no regrets. Everything was for the moment, perfect.
‘Don’t leave me alone.” She muttered.
“I won’t.” he replied. “ I will always be here. Whenever you need me.” He felt her relax against him. Yes everything was perfect, for the moment.

Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:38 pm

Entry #4

She walked to the mailbox and looked through the pile of bills and magazines: water bill, electric bill, racing catalog (Haruka’s), teen j-pop idol magazine (Hotaru’s), and then she stopped when she noticed the small pink envelope addressed to her.

Today was October the 1st. Why was she getting mail, and what could possibly be in the envelope? She opened it to reveal a tiny card with the intoxicating smell of perfume rising from it. She coughed a bit and opened the card to reveal a single message.

Twenty-eight days until the big day!

What big day?

Was this some kind of joke?

She shook her head and walked back into the house with the rest of the mail but secretly tucked the card away in her back pocket. The following day Haruka retrieved the mail and plopped the card down right in the middle of the table while she was drinking tea.

“This was addressed to you Sets! Perhaps a secret admirer?” Haruka winked causing her to almost choke on her brew.

“Haha! Right!” Setsuna choked back her laughter rolling her eyes and opened the card to the same intoxicating scent of perfume with a similar note.

Twenty-seven days until the big day!

This was a joke!

Some crazy person had obviously found her address and was now dead set on making a joke out of this, but she quickly disregarded it tossing the letter into the trash.

The letters didn’t stop though but continued in the same fashion in a synchronized manner. The card was always full of the same scented perfume after being opened along with a new number following the previous one.

She had finally had enough when she had received her twenty-first letter on October 21st. She stormed into the kitchen to confront her three other housemates.

“Do you think this is some kind of big joke or something? It’s getting really eerie!” Setsuna growled slamming her newest letter in the center of the dining room table they were all seated at. Haruka put down her afternoon paper, Michiru quaintly set down her cup of tea, and Hotaru promptly took her ear buds out of her ears as they all gave the time guardian their full attention.

“What’s the matter Setsuna-mama?” Hotaru chimed in first.

“You look furious.” Haruka pointed out furrowing a brow.

“You seem unsettled about something dear.” Michiru spoke last.

Setsuna sighed settling in a straight backed chair and handed Michiru the card who quickly took it out and scanned it’s contents.

“It’s just a card with a number on it…Someone probably thought it’d be funny to play a little joke on you.” Haruka pointed out taking the card.

“Haruka’s right…You probably shouldn’t worry or anything.” Michiru said handing her the card ,while Hotaru simply shrugged her shoulders dismissing the whole thing.

~*~

The following day Setsuna began having frequent anxiety attacks about the mail coming. What was going to happen on the 28th anyway? She made her way to the mailbox that day to retrieve her newest card and expected the same usual countdown notice but today the card was different. The envelope she found seemed old and outdated with a million postmarks on it. She promptly opened it and squealed when several spiders crawled out. She threw the detestable thing on the ground and stomped on it. She was met by a gentle hand on her shoulder. She turned around to meet the face of Haruka.

“Sets what’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” the blond remarked.

“Didn’t you see the envelope on the ground? Spiders crawled out of it today!” she shuddered.

Haruka blinked picking up the stomped piece of mail on the ground and gave her a blank look, “Setsuna this is the cell phone bill.”

“No look it has all kinds of postage marks on it see!” Setsuna exclaimed ripping the envelope from her hands only to reveal the cell phone bill. Had it all been in her head?

“I think I need to go lie down.” she said softly shoving the piece of mail back in Haruka’s hand as she promptly when upstairs to sort this all out.

All she could think about were those haunting letters as she slept. What lied at the end of them? The next day she refused to leave the house or go outside and this lasted until the 28th. She walked downstairs to an empty house. It was late in the afternoon and on the table was a note explaining that they’d all gone over to Rei’s and that when she felt up to it she should come to.

She decided that running away wasn’t going to help anything, so she promptly took a shower and got ready to go. She locked the door but noticed the mailbox setting there like the permanent eyesore it was. She stuck her nose in the air and got in the car and drove away from the Outer’s mansion.

After arriving at Rei’s she was met by all of her friends in a warm birthday celebration filled with cake and presents. She had been so stuck on those letters that she’d forgotten her own birthday.

Later that night after the party was over and almost everyone had gone home, she decided to confide in Rei and tell her about the letters. The miko had narrowed her eyes and told her that she should burn them all because they all carried a dark prescence about them.

Setsuna had followed her advice and they next day threw them all in a pile to burn as the strong intoxicating smell of incense filled the air--foreshadowing the same scent as it’s perfume.

Setsuna had forgotten about all the letters except every year now since then beginning on October 1st it starts anew. Each year on her birthday she burns them all for you see if she ever found out who was really sending her those letters would be a travesty because who wants to be met by your future self telling you it’s all over and there’s nothing you could ever do to stop it--especially if your future self was the one who caused it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:39 pm

Entry #5

Crystal Tokyo was a marvel, physical evidence of the power the Ginzuishou held. The entire planet had been saved from a millennial ice age through its might and from the frozen wasteland; the grand city of Crystal had risen. The people who survived lived peacefully in the sprawling metropolis, blessed with a supernaturally extended life in which they had not a need in the world.

Though the seasons no longer changed as they once did, the structure of time stayed the same and it was now October. The leader of the guardian maidens, Sailor Venus, celebrated her birthday in the middle of the month. Technically, Minako Aino was 1028 years old - but of course, being a goddess a beauty, she was blessed with eternal youth. A case could also be made that suspension in mystical ice for a millennium helped to slow the aging process, too.

She had been summoned to the tower for 'an important meeting' but she knew the Queen, her Usagi, to well. Quickly, she dressed simply in a little black cocktail dress and headed from her condo in the inner city to the prayer tower at the center of the city. The tower was visible from everywhere in the city, a beacon of light and hope for all denizens. Even now, she could see its usual blue luminance mingling with her signature golden color. Fifteen minutes later and the elevator doors opened; Minako gasped (quite convincingly) at the surprise party her friends had thrown for her.

She was all smiles, as always, she loved the company of her friends. The Royal family and their guardians (the senshi and shittenou) were in attendance, along with select others. They were, each and every one of them, as precious as family to her. For hours they mingled enjoying the comforts and memories they had fought so hard for. Dinner concluded and the atmosphere shifted, private conversations sprang up. Minako took her opportunity to gain a moment of solitude, excusing herself from the table and heading towards a nearby balcony.

The crystal which encased the tower was thick, believed impenetrable, and had an icy aqua tint. It filtered the view, magnifying the expanse of the city, and gave the impression that the land was glowing with fiery brilliance. The effect occurred from everywhere, but from the pinnacle of the city it seemed its most wondrous. She stepped out onto the balcony and leaned on the banister, staring out and holding her arms for the chill. The air had the nip of autumn and was slightly breezy - these conditions were manufactured by the palace but they drew Minako back into her memories regardless. Her thoughts drifted: the pain of death brought at the hands of Sailor Galaxia, the moment she unveiled herself to her princess, when she learned that duty was more important than love and even to the last moments of her life previous.

She was struck from this reverie by the subtle scent of Jasmine, the sweet and sensual aura that followed the goddess of time. Minako smiled a bit as she felt a strong hand rest on her shoulder, "You shouldn't be alone on your birthday."

With a glint of mischief, Minako replied, "I'm not alone, you are here now."

Setsuna laughed darkly, "Indeed." After looking carefully for a moment, she added, "You look lost, want to talk about it?"

Minako turned and finally looked in the knowing eyes of the woman with her; Setsuna was known to be silent, very rarely sharing with others. She tried to discern the motive in those eyes but found only a caring patience and genuine curiosity. Minako smiled and said, "You know, I was an actress once."

Setsuna nodded slowly, joining Minako in leaning against the banister, "I know."

Why did it not surprise her that Setsuna knew? "It was, like everything I've done since I accepted my destiny, a task given and performed in the name of duty. Every decision I've faced, I've always chosen what was best served the mission and my Princess. The sacrifices...” her voiced wavered and faded away. After a long moment of silence, she continued with a sweep of her hand across their view, "But look at all of this. Crystal Tokyo is what was born from our sacrifice. This is our fallen kingdom; restored to - even risen above - its former glory. Wasn't that worth the price of our liberty?"

"Why are you asking me? Do you know not know the answer?"

Minako lost her grace and was stunned silent for a moment. When she attempted to answer, it was meant as a snarky retort but came out merely a stutter.

"Don't be a child. Of course you know it was worth it. If you had not, you would have never done it. You have always chosen duty and destiny over freedom and love. It is your way and you are a better leader for it."

Minako was surprised by the depth of emotion shown by her elder, never before had she heard Setsuna give such praise to anyone.

"But you don't have to be that leader anymore, in this time of peace. Have you ever heard the King talk of his Shittenou and how they were freed from their curse?"

"Yes, of course I know the story, we all do." A crease grew between Minako's eyes as she looked quizzically at her companion, unable to understand her aim. What did any of that have to do with Minako?

Setsuna nodded, prompting Minako to continue, "Well, the way he tells it... After his guardians were defeated, their bodies faded from existence but their souls were left behind in the form of precious gems." Though she didn't voice it, she thought back and realized that all but one of the generals she'd seen defeated had met that fate. For a moment, she had thought Danburite had dissolved into his namesake but it was a trick of her eyes, right? She saw... felt him fade from between her fingers as he hung from that cliff and there was definitely no stone left behind.

Drawn back to the present by Setsuna's gentle touch on her arm, she looked over and saw that she was now standing with a gift before her. Setsuna's eyes held a glassy sadness, contrasting the smiled that now graced her lips, "Through the depths of cold space-time I've travelled to deliver this. It is my present to you." She handed Minako a long, black velvet jewelry case, bound simply by a garnet ribbon. When Minako started to thank her, Setsuna shook her head, "Open it."

So she did. The ribbon fell to the floor as delicate fingers loosened the box and before her eyes was an exquisite pendant. Golden wire ensnared the stone like ivy does a tree, binding the gemstone to its chain, wrapping and swirling in an elegant dominance. The jewel itself was beautiful and captivating; perfectly cut, clear as glass and brilliant like a diamond. It had a magical hint of warmth and Minako was drawn to touch it. With grace, her fingers danced over the piece as she went to lift it from its silk-lined coffin. At her caress, it gave a faint glow and then shone as she lifted it with care, letting it dangled before her beautiful eyes.

Then she realized the frightening truth behind the gift, her eyes clouded with tears and she felt her knees weaken beneath her. "Why? You've broking your oath - time travel is strictly forbidden - why would you do something like this for me?"

"You deserve happiness, Venus, for all you've done and given. I'll be damned if I let the rules stop me." After a moments hesitance, in which she stared back into the dwindling party, "And.. because I understand what it’s like to mourn an unobtainable love." Upon reflection, Minako came to wonder if she hadn't seen Setsuna glance at the King.

The moment was over when Minako stumbled back against the handrail, Setsuna then guided her back inside. After excusing the both of them, (' she’s had a little too much champagne; I'll help her back her apartment. ') they headed towards the elevator. The two rode in silence downwards, the pendant tucked carefully into Minako's handbag. The faint left her mind and in its place a spark had grown in her heart. She smiled at the woman beside her, astonished and grateful. Setsuna had done it - she had shifted a wheel of fate and it could potentially change Minako's life forever.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 6:39 pm

Entry #6

When Time and Beauty Collide

Setsuna was walking through the Juban shopping area when she spotted her. She was sitting at a bench, off to the side in a grove of trees, crying. Her hiccups and soft sobs seeped into her bones and her chest, making her ache all over. The world around Setsuna seemed to fog as she honed in on the other Senshi. Without thinking she walked over and sat down next to her.
“Minako, why are there these tears in your eyes?” The Guardian of Pluto stroked the Guardian of Venus’ hair and hugged her close. Her heart was clenching at the thought of the other being hurt.
“Oh! Setsuna-chan! I’m sorry I didn’t see you before. No, no, I’m ok. It’s nothing really I’m just being a crybaby as usual heh heh.” Minako quickly wiped away her tears in embarrassment. How could she not have seen the other Senshi approach her? She must have been so wrapped up in her own problems she hadn’t even noticed.
I guess it’s to be expected from an idiot like me…
Setsuna looked down at the girl. She brought her long fingers to Minako’s soft face and lifted her chin so as to meet her eyes.
“You’re not a crybaby Minako. I can see something in your eyes telling me that you’re suffering. I want to end your pain Minako. Talk to me. What happened?”
Minako blushed at Setsuna-chan’s blunt honesty. The truth of the matter was that she was in pain. Her heart was hurting but she didn’t want to burden anyone else with her problems. Minako looked up into Setsuna-chan’s eyes and almost blurted her whole sad escapade about not receiving enough love to feel like Sailor Venus, Senshi of Beauty and Love. She almost screamed out her frustrations at not being able to find love and always feeling trampled over by others.
But when Minako truly looked into the Time Guardians eyes, she saw so many years of loneliness that her own problems seemed unimportant.
“No, no, no. I don’t want to trouble you Setsuna-chan. Please, don’t worry about me. I’ll be ok.” Minako mentioned the loneliness in her eyes under her breath, hoping the other Senshi wouldn’t pick up on it.
What little Minako did not know, was that spending years in a world of silence, constantly paying attention to the little details that could signal danger, had made Setsuna’s hearing incredibly acute.
So she took the Guardian of Love’s hand and silently led her towards the park.
Minako didn’t speak as Setsuna lead her to a remote area. She didn’t question her when she called on her Garnet Rod and began to speak a prayer to Chronos. She only watched in quiet awe of the beautiful elegance that was Setsuna. It was the same beautiful elegance that Minako constantly reached for, but could never quite acquire.
They arrived in the time vortex within what seemed like minutes. Minako looked around at the endless haze and could barely make out the Time Gate in the distance. When Minako turn to finally ask Setsuna where they were going, Setsuna was closer that she expected, and in her Senshi form.
Pluto had a strong desire to be close to Venus. But she needed Minako to transform, so as to be sure of their connection. She brought Minako close to her and whispered in her ear. “Mina, I need you to take on your Senshi form. There’s something I need to see…”
Minako was frozen in place at Setsuna’s boldness. Never had she seen this side of her.
“Setsuna-chan…”
“Shhhh.” Pluto gently ran her fingers down Minako’s jaw line. “Please, just transform.”
Minako flushed at Pluto’s touch and nodded. She called out to her planet and felt the familiar rush of power flow through her. But there was something else, something stronger pulling her forward. She thoughtlessly followed the feeling, and bumped right into Pluto.
“Oh! Pluto-chan. I.. I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking…” Minako flushed at her own thoughtlessness.
Pluto put a finger to Venus’ lips to shush her.
“You feel it too. Right? The draw between you and me?” Pluto smiled as Venus nodded.
Pluto bent towards Venus and ran her lips up and down her jaw. She let her instinct take over as the overwhelming urge to be close to Venus persisted.
Minako couldn’t move an inch. Her breathing was quick and her heart was fluttering excitedly in her chest. She had always been fond of Pluto. But this, this was something completely different.
“Pluto-chan…”
Pluto straightened up and looked into Venus’ eyes. She bent forward and whispered against her lips, the anticipation in her stomach driving her onward.
“Venus, lose the honorific.”
Minako was stupefied. “But, why? I respect you and want to show you that…”
Pluto shushed her again. “You won’t need it anymore Venus. You and I are about to become very familiar with eachother.”
Pluto kissed Venus in an explosion of power and excitement.
Neither one came home that night.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Entry #7

Although the two outwardly did not get along very well, Luna and Artemis did spend a lot of time alone together at night. There were many things to be monitored and discussed, because it was difficult to anticipate a threat you knew very little about. Sometimes, different subjects came up. No, not love for each other. They were not ready to admit that. Rather, Usagi and Minako.

The two girls had been given very difficult assignments. Both had been required by destiny to protect the world and its inhabitants. Usagi had the additional burden of controlling an inhuman power and the future responsibility of governing and protecting the entire world through an absolute monarchy. It could be argued that both girls had been robbed of their childhoods (and their futures), but Minako had been exposed to her fate far earlier than the other sailor senshi. Although she maintained an outward appearance very similar to from before she was sailor senshi, Artemis knew that her destiny as a sailor senshi had changed her.

Although her solitary duties as Sailor V were over, she still very much took the same responsibility to heart. As their leader, she recognized her higher responsibility to the group: to sacrifice herself for their protection, especially that of her princess. Minako had faced death without hesitation and had experienced death more frequently than was physically possible for a human. Death had a way of changing things…

Artemis wished that he could sacrifice himself to preserve the Minako he had first met. She had a refreshing, although very frustrating, bubbly personality that was considerably self-absorbed. Her dreams often only considered the immediate future, such as meeting an adored idol, and had similar characteristics to the dreams held by many other teenage girls. Now, her dreams had been cast aside by fate. Minako had seen the future, Crystal Tokyo, and, therefore, already knew the realization of those dreams were not possible. Those dreams had been replaced by the undying faith and love she felt for her friends.

Artemis and Minako had grown very close over the years, especially when she remembered the close bond they had shared during the Silver Millennium. Even though it was a rather unusual side of Minako, she had often asked Artemis philosophical questions about love, the future, death, and destiny. He often did not have the answers and Minako never seemed quite satisfied at the end, but he hoped he helped in some way. There was some contradiction between the person she used to be, the person she was know, and the person she would become that Minako had a difficult time understanding. Artemis suspected her bubbly personality was a means of putting off the understanding of that contradiction, if only for a little while.

And no, neither Usagi nor Minako was depressed or possessed some other similar emotion, although the conversations Luna and Artemis would likely have misconstrued this to an outsider. Rather, they were rapidly maturing in a way not usually seen or required by someone of their age. And when you added the factors of the Silver Millennium and Crystal Tokyo, it was a rather understandable, but difficult situation.

The two were very similar to each other and would without a doubt come to rely on each other more and more. Artemis and Luna both shared a close relationship with their charges, but that relationship was nothing compared to the mutual feelings, troubles, and fate shared by the sailor senshi. Luna and Artemis were outsiders to that, which is partly why the two cats may have felt so helpless or useless at times. What could they do?

At that time, Luna and Artemis stilled their conversation when they heard the distinct sound of a camera taking a picture. Before that moment, they had huddled together rather closely as they discussed the two dearest people in their lives, Minako and Usagi. They suddenly jumped apart, which resulted in Artemis landed rather ungracefully on the floor. Loud snorts of laughter could be heard from both Minako and Usagi, one of which held the camera.

Minako crooned a teasing song while Usagi dangled the camera tauntingly on her finger. Luna yowled for the picture to be deleted while Artemis loudly denied any wrongdoing. Luna blushed fiercely as Usagi showed the picture, which she held just out of reach from either of the two cats.

Although neither Minako nor Usagi would admit it, they had heard what the two cats had been discussing. Rather than dwell on it, for she did that often enough anyway, Minako had suggested that they take advantage of the moment with Usagi’s camera. Usagi gleefully agreed. Perhaps their behavior could be seen as an example of their internal struggle between maturing as protectors of love and justice, and their denied wish to retain their childhood. In reality, neither would want to stop being a sailor senshi, so it could be viewed that they denied themselves of that wish.

Minako would never want to lose the companionship of her friends, which was strengthened by their bond as sailor senshi and the horrific trials they had undergone as a result. If she had not become a sailor senshi, her precious people and countless others would have suffered and the greatest moments in her life would have never existed. She did not really blame or rebel against fate anymore, because she understood the good that had been given to her. But, it was still nice to embrace her age, even if she knew it was fleeting. After all, she was still Minako and Usagi was still Usagi. They would probably forever tease Luna and Artemis, especially whenever the presence of Diana would make their love for each other undeniably apparent.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime26th October 2012, 7:26 pm

I voted but it was a very tough decision!
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime27th October 2012, 4:07 am

And let the voting begin!
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime27th October 2012, 9:22 am

Oh my god so many good entries X.x
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime29th October 2012, 5:17 am

I loved reading these! :3 It took me a couple of days to decide, but I have voted now hehe~
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime29th October 2012, 9:13 am

voted
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime1st November 2012, 7:02 pm

Voted
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 3:41 am

Looks like we have to break a tie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest Special Event - Voting   Writing Contest Special Event - Voting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing Contest Special Event - Voting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top