The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 Empty
PostSubject: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 7:58 am

So as the title says I'm going to see my friend tomorrow and decided to show her one myu ^.^. She's new to SM but thanks to me she has watched the filler episodes of Sailor Stars, promised to cosplay with me as Venus Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 2027930456 and she knows the basic things since I've told 'em to her.

I know we have the 'which myu to watch first' topic but since my friend is new to SM it's a different kind of situation XD. So I'm basically just asking your opinions <3 I'd like to show her a myu where I don't have to explain every tiny detail SM story has in it. So I'm thinking about some basic myu which has a simple plot to be easy to understand for a newbie ^^ and somehow my mind just always goes to Mugen XD

Wish me luck with my tiny plan Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 4006961010 !
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 8:02 pm

SeraMyu is very difficult to introduce to someone who is completely new to Sailor Moon... though the plot is easy enough to follow for most, there is often an assumption that you are familiar with most of the characters already. I would probably go for the Mugen Gakuens or Stars, since the plots are very linear and the characters remain pretty undeveloped.

I would not recommend any of the Dracul Musicals, SuperS, Eien Densetsu, Starlights & Kakyuuouhi Kourin, the Kaguyas or Black Lady.

Which actually really only leaves the two above and Dark Kingdom and Usagi Ai no Senshi.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime18th October 2012, 4:48 pm

Thanks Miki I thougth the same^.^. I just want to show her all different kind variations of SM and get her into our awesome fandom ^^'

She actually had to cancel our meeting but I'm seeing her tomorrow which means... Myu Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 4006961010
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime14th November 2012, 10:23 am

Why not any of the Dracul Musicals, SuperS, Eien Densetsu, Starlights & Kakyuuouhi Kourin, the Kaguyas or Black Lady?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime14th November 2012, 3:10 pm

SeraMyu likes to assume you are familiar with the characters, at least with the Sailor Soldiers and their personalities, its also handy if you know which villain is which. One of the reasons for the bright and glitzy costumes is that the audience can easily recognise their favourite characters in the dark theatre.

The Dracul Series is very messy if you aren't sure certain what you're watching. The characters are brand new, incredibly complicated and the entire story is very complex, deep and dark. You sort of need to feel for SeraMyu before you tackle watching it, even then, its best to watch it through more than once to comprehend it.

SuperS, Black Lady, Eien Densetsu, Starlights & Kakyuu are recommended for existing Sailor Moon fans however if you are not familiar with Sailor Moon, its going to be a little tricky trying to work out who is who while still following the plot. Kaguya Shima is a brand-new plot with brand-new characters which is better once you realise its a completely original story. For a person who is already familiar with Sailor Moon there is absolutely no reason not to watch SuperS or Eien Densetsu. In fact I would recommend them.

This is a thread for Sailor Moon fans:

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t1896-which-musical-to-watch-first

(Jupi, you should really give Myu a chance if you haven't fully before, if you don't like musicals because of the fact that you feel they're not singing for any reason, its not quite the same in SeraMyu, most songs are character-based where they sing about their emotions, motives and plans and so on rather than their situation and whats going on in the plot (this is like how often Western shows and books focus on a the plot while Japanese shows and books more often focus on characters), I honestly feel that there is no better way to express themselves than in song. You should really consider watching the SuperS Kaiteiban (completely kicked the anime's tushie) or the Eien Densetsu Kaiteiban! (the last day version is actually amazing and probably the best thing ever.)
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 8:34 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Why not any of the Dracul Musicals, SuperS, Eien Densetsu, Starlights & Kakyuuouhi Kourin, the Kaguyas or Black Lady?

What Miki said above XD And I agree with her Becks, you should definitely give Myus a chance, once you'll see them you're hooked Wink SuperS - Yume Ai Eien ni Kaiteban - Saturn Fukkatsu Hen is very good and like Miki said Eien Densetsu Kaiteban Final Day is awesome
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 3:44 pm

*PUSH ALL THE MYU ONTO JUPI*
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 4:02 pm

Wink Thanks, you guys. One of these days I will give it a chance since you all so often tell me to try it. My main thing is trying to get past the (in my opinion, horrid) costumes and I am not very much a musical fan in general. But I really do want to try it because I have seen clips and the characters appear to be very deeply rooted and with a lot of heart.

And I do like several of the songs. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime21st November 2012, 6:23 pm

The costumes get better as the years go by (do you really expect no improvement after 13 years Wink the costumes are also designed for mobility and warmth but not to overheat them, which explains why some characters with skimpy outfits (Mimet.) have their design altered to incorporate skin covering.

To be honest I actually really did not like the outfits in SeraMyu (the first show. goodness, Beryl is a Christmas Tree and I'm pretty sure that the girls are dressed as characters from the Wizard of Oz) when first started watching but they're really grown on me. Even Plasman's original looks-like-gym-mats-stapled-together outfit.

I'm sure the costumes won't bother you too much, there is alot more to seramyu than just how it looks *nods* costumes are just a cosmetic issue. Its like not liking PGSM because of the low budget effects or not liking the anime because they use stock footage constantly. Japanese Musicals are also quite different in style from Western ones, like Eastern books and tv shows there's a tendency to be less focused on plot and what's going to happen and more on characters and how they're feeling, so you are less likely to go "why are you singing. there's no time for singing".

I would recommend for you

"Winter 1998 - Eien Densetsu (Kaiteiban) - The Final First Stage "

or

"Spring 1996 - SuperS - Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... (Kaiteiban) - Saturn Fukkatsu Hen

or

"Summer 2004 - Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu"

(be sure not to confuse Winter 1998 with Summer 1997 "Eien Densetsu", the revision in this case is better, the original's plot gets clunky and moves too quickly towards the end and its alot less satisfying)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Symphonia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 8:21 am

I wouldn't really show her Sera Myu yet if she hasn't seen the full anime/read the manga D:

The musicals a bit off tangent from the actual series, but if anything, show her Anza's musicals, since she was in all of the main storyline ones, plus to me she was the best Moon
Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
Eternal Eternity
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Eternity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime5th September 2016, 10:22 am

This is an old thread but I have a question relating to it. I have a friend who would love to watch a Myu with me before watching the show. He knows about the characters and all the things. He wants to watch something with the outers and he'd love to watch newer Myus. Would it be a good idea to show him Le Nouveau Voyage as a starting point as that's basically the one he's asking for?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime5th September 2016, 10:26 am

If he wants to watch something with the outers from the new musical then Un Nouveau Voyage is the only one that fits both criteria ^^
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3   Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing SeraMyu to a SM-newbie-Which Myu to show first? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS <3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top