The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Artbook 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th November 2014, 2:31 am

I know this thread is old but i still want to post my thoughts

If it hasn't been scrapped, i hope that there will be a side story in it either about Sailor Cosmos or further expanding the story about Kousagi and the others
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th November 2014, 9:10 pm

I never even heard of an exclusive artbook until now. Is it different from the kodansia mook?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2014, 10:15 am

This was announced I'd say last year around this time? or earlier ish?  There was supposed to be a new art book released by Naoko and sent to several different countries (US included as Kodansha USA confirmed it at hte announcement), and each country would have one unique art or something like that... but there hasn't been any news about it since its announcement. So i'm not sure when this will happen. Maybe they are waiting until end of Crystal?

Edit: Isay last year, i meant 2012...and it was supposed to be released last year.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2014, 5:30 pm

Guess that means there's no way to preorder it, considering it doesn't seem to exist at this moment in time.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th November 2014, 5:31 pm

Yep, pretty much. :/
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 4:38 pm

Is there any more news on this?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 5:36 pm

It would be nice to have a new one. I saw the old ones at the con I just went too and one was selling for 500 dollars.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 6:25 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:

I've yet to see anything, I'm sure Kodansha would have a big announce or something if a date was announced...
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:17 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Cosmos-Hime wrote:

I've yet to see anything, I'm sure Kodansha would have a big announce or something if a date was announced...
There was news on it awhile back. I would have to find it again but someone asked Kodansha about on their tumblr and they basically said the issue was on Toei's side I believe.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:20 pm

^Doesn't surprise me. lol
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:27 pm

Yeah it's really disappointing since the new artbook was the only new merchandise that I was actually looking forward to. Here's the link btw.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:32 pm

Other than whatever nonsense Toei is doing, my guess on the delay (or at least something affecting it) is that I remember them saying Naoko was to produce new original artwork for the release sooo there could be hang ups with her getting it done?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:38 pm

I didn't know it was supposed to be all new artwork. That could absolutely have something to do with the delay.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 7:42 pm

I assumed that it was going to mostly old work from the other artbooks put together and then we would get a couple of new images. If it is mostly new artwork that would be even better. I hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 8:34 pm

Oh i didn't say if it would mostly be new artwork or not, I just know that there was SUPPOSED to be some new artwork for it with old stuff.

who knows. Maybe she is retouching up old stuff too??
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 12:07 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
I didn't know it was supposed to be all new artwork. That could absolutely have something to do with the delay.

It never was supposed to be all-new artwork.  It was supposed to be a mixture of new and old.  I quote the Oct. 2012 press release :

Quote :
This new art book will feature Takeuchi’s most popular work selected from five Sailor Moon art books which had been previously published in Japan. It will also include several unpublished original drawings!

On a related matter, I just did a search for it on the Amazon web site.  The only possibility I found was http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Crystal-Official-Visual-Koudansha/dp/4063898431/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423425156&sr=1-1&keywords=sailor+moon+art+book , which doesn't, to me, seem like the same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 10:32 pm

^ No, that is the SMC Visual Book which has character designs and caps from Crystal. It's totally different.

I just want them to re-release the old artbooks again. I don't even care if we don't get new art at all, I just want to be able to buy them without spending hundreds of dollars on each. Currently I only have Artbook I & II because they're the only affordable ones. The Infinity one is my Holy Grail.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 7:05 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
^ No, that is the SMC Visual Book which has character designs and caps from Crystal. It's totally different.

I just want them to re-release the old artbooks again. I don't even care if we don't get new art at all, I just want to be able to buy them without spending hundreds of dollars on each. Currently I only have Artbook I & II because they're the only affordable ones. The Infinity one is my Holy Grail.
I think the bolded is an unintentional pun. Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 7:21 am

Welp, I didn't even realize it. Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 3884866259

The Infinity artbook does not cover the Infinity arc, but that was funny nonetheless. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 9:15 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:

So they WEREN'T talking about that? 

Dude, it would be fantastic if they re-released the artbooks. I would be all over that.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th April 2016, 10:56 am

If this ever sees the light of day, I sure the new artwork drawn for the SM exhibit will be in there with maybe a few other pieces of work if we're lucky. Come on Toei.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th April 2016, 11:04 pm

I think at this point it would be more realistic to have a re-release of the original artbooks than to have Naoko Takeuchi create a whole new artbook. As awesome as the latter would be, it just seems highly unlikely right now, given how much time has passed. The only legit artbook I have is the Materials Collection artbook, which is my treasure, but it would be nice to get some of the other artbooks, like for Dream and Stars arc.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2016, 2:50 am

whynotboth.jpeg Razz

But seriously, I always thought it was just going to be an artbook with mostly of old art and a few pieces of new drawings mixed in but now that I'm rereading some of the old information again it does look like they were going to have Naoko make two new artbooks.

Art book:
-The Sailor Moon Kanzen-ban edition will be published twice a month in Japan from the end of Nov 2013 and will finish in April 2014. Then the author will be able to start to work on the art book. Therefore a likely sales date will be around autumn 2014.
-Two art books will be published. We do not know yet if they will be published simultaneously or not.
-These art books will have an original bonus item for each country’s version.

Kodansha said there was a delay on the Japan side. That was two years ago and I don't think we've heard anything since. At this point it might just end up like Crystal - keeps getting delayed until we get a surprise announcement - or it gets cancelled completely. I'm starting to feel like it's more of the latter than the former. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2016, 12:53 pm

^While I really am hoping for an announcement, it really does seem like it's gonna end up being cancled. Fingers crossed that we do get that surprise, eh?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2016, 1:21 pm

It seems like theres been enough new art lately to make an art book though. We have random things from from the old sailormoonchannel.jp website. Then there's art from the kanzenban release and the back from the shinsouban release as well. Plus we got two new images for the Exhibition. Thats a lot that could fill up an artbook if you ask me...especially after you fill in space with notes and maybe sketches and stuff too.

So...imo doesn't seem she has a lot of work to do but who knows at this point xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Artbook 2013   Sailor Moon Artbook 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Artbook 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top