The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?   DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2012, 3:44 am

EurAsianGirl wrote:
Lady Tuxedo wrote:
But I feel like that just goes back to what I said earlier; it was only bad because people dubbed it that way. You can pretty much use this argument along with other relationships people don't like (i.e. gay relationships, interacial relationships). Cause people are weird. People just dub things bad because of them being different. I mean it makes me wonder, was there a good reason why it was forbidden for moon people and earth people to meet and have interactions?

I kind of see it as destruction because other people caused the destruction. Serenity and Endymion didn't actively cause destruction personally.

(genuine questions. I like that you are so versed in like all the Sailor Moon versions Very Happy)

Exactly this! Its intolerance and prejudice at its worst, and that should never be tolerated. Endymion and Serenity were completely in the right by falling in love and not caring what planet the other was from. If people couldn't deal with that, that was just their own bigotry talking. One should never, ever, ever say that the bigots are in the right ever or follow what they say because its just giving them power.

Wow, now that I think of it, Sailor Moon is an excellent commentary on racism and has a lot of themes dealing with that subject! Was Naoko trying to make a point about the dangers of it? If so, good job!

This is a bit of speculation, we have no realevidence for the reasoning between the Earth and Moon Kingdoms, other than hints from Another Story that it was actually a political move on the part of the Earth Kingdom after much consideration but even then its a bit vague. The way characters put it, it would seem that its just a "law of the universe", in line with Pluto and her taboos.

Even if intolerance and prejudice exist, do two civilizations deserve to be destroyed because two people saw fit to go against the status quo? I don't think this is about bigots being "right". I do think the above people are right, Ms. Takeuchi was probably using it as a backdrop for a tragic destined romance, we do not know the reasons for segregation. For all we know it had nothing to do with personal emotion on either of the two Kingdoms. But, did you guys realise, that if the Earth Kingdom is a monarchy, and Prince Endymion is fighting the status quo. He can't possibly have been the highest power in his Kingdom, so he must have had a Father or Mother who was King or Queen. *gasp* (wait you mean a King of the Earth appears in Another Story too and this thread is actually a secret advertisement for Another Story all along? No way!)

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?   DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2012, 9:06 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
(wait you mean a King of the Earth appears in Another Story too and this thread is actually a secret advertisement for Another Story all along? No way!)

LOL. I <3 you!
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?   DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th November 2018, 3:37 pm

Since we're discussing the musicals, I kind of have to say that I am more sympathetic towards the Earth Kingdom after watching those. From the reader's perspective, since everything resulted in the happy endings it would seem that their romance was not really bad in the end, but the characters wouldn't have known that.
long section:
So I think that as the story concluded happily, it was probably a justified "miracle romance", but in many other Asian stories deity-sort-figures violating injunctions against fraternizing with people have endings of misfortune, so while their relationship, considering their positions, was probably irresponsible, after the events of the story we could probably say it was okay (minus three? destroyed kingdoms or so).
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?   DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th November 2018, 3:41 pm

Of course I should add that I don't think that they should be forbidden from falling in love with each other because they are from different kingdoms, or because of some rules unjustified, but since they are presumably only heirs to their respective kingdoms they could have exercised a bit more care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?   DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEBATE: Was Serenity and Endymion's Love Justified?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top