The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 12:49 pm

So I FINALLY managed to find what looks like a good and active forum to discuss Sailor Moon at, all thanks to Tumblr!
So yeah, nice to meet you all! I share a long history with Sailor Moon, it was my very first anime and I saw the Swedish dub on TV every morning with my brother. And after discovering both the Internet and the glory that is fansubs I've since long ago watched all the episodes and movies, and now that the manga is finally being released with a new translation that I feel I can actually stomach, I'm working on reading through it as well. (I just finished the Black Moon arc!)
Despite having been a fan pretty much my entire life I've never been very familiar with this fandom, so I hope I'll be able to get along with everyone.
Oh, and one question I have concerning avatars... it said in the rules that I'm not allowed to change my avatar by myself and that I need to send a PM to Sailor Jupiter about it, but the rules also made it sound like this only applies when you're changing from an old avatar. What about my case where I haven't uploaded any yet? Do I still need to do this?
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 12:58 pm

Welcome, Louchan. ^^
About your avy, yes, you have to ask to Jupiter to change it. But to put it the first time, i don't think you need to ask anybody.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 1:01 pm

Welcome! Very Happy glad you found us! And even though you're new to the fandom, you should be fine since everyone here is pretty friendly and accepting Smile you'll probably love it here like so many of us do. It's a great forum.

And I'm not Sailor Jupiter (or admin), but from what I remember, I think you get your first avatar pick and upload free before needing to send her what avatar you want to use for approval. Don't quote me on this however; one of the admin should be able to help you (they're awesome). My advice though is, think carefully on which avatar you want to use since you will be stuck with it for at least a month before you get to choose a new one.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 1:12 pm

Hejsan! :3

Welcome to the forum. I bet you will really like it here!

Do you have a favorite senshi/character?

Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! 314519714
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 1:26 pm

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I think I'll wait a bit before adding an avatar, just to be on the sure side... wouldn't want to be making any mistake this early after joining!

Hej, Verdandi! Very Happy Vad kul att träffa en till svensk så snabbt!

My favorite character at the moment is Sailor Venus. Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! 2027930456I'll take the time to write a rant about why later in some other thread!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 1:28 pm

Welcome!!! I'm happy you found out about this place! This is an awesome place to talk about Sailor Moon and we also talk about other things too! It's a fun place to hang out and talk to people. I hope you like it here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forums Louchan!!! You're gonna like it here with us for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 2:29 pm

Hejsan Louchan^^! (I know few words in Swedish XD)

Welcome to the forums^^! I'm sure you like it a lot here, we're all very friendly Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 3:12 pm

Hi welcome to GC! I'm anjyu or better known as chibi jupi here!
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 3:32 pm

Okay, since most people seemed to believe it's alright I took my chance and made my first avatar! Someone will have to beat me up with a stick if that was wrong of me...

And thanks again for the continuous warm welcomes!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 3:48 pm

Welcome, Louchan! And everyone has given you the correct advice. For your first avatar you may pick and upload your own, it is only afterwards that you must PM me about it. Smile Feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have. As your Members Director, I am always here to help.

And don't worry - I'm sure you'll fit in just fine with the rest of us Moonies. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Luna Nova
Lotus Crystal

Luna Nova

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dubbed the Official Second Usagi/Bunny ^^and Official Anzamoon

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 4:34 pm

Welcome! I love your avatar! Super pretty! We have some other awesome members from Sweden too! Was Sailor Moon super popular there?
Back to top Go down
http://littlelunanova.tumblr.com/ http://lunanova17.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime23rd September 2012, 10:43 pm

Hi hi Louchan! Awesome that you have decided to open up to the fandom! I consider myself kind of new to being active in the fandom because before GC, I just kinda derped around tumblr a bit and before that, I did nothing besides doodle SM in my notebooks at school! Haha.

And we sure do seem to have quite a few people from Sweden here. How cool. xD Anyway, I hope you are enjoying GC so far. I look forwarding to see you around. Smile
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 12:21 am

Oh, that's great to hear, Sailor Jupiter! Thanks for confirming that.

And haha, are there that many members from Sweden? I can't really say... I don't think the show was that popular while it aired. Only the first two seasons were shown, the episodes were often in a bit of a messed up order, and he dub was... mediocre at most. xD But I can imagine perhaps a lot of people did like I did, which was look up the show on the Internet and then become familiar with the original, which I then fell in love with.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 5:53 am

hey, nice to meet you!
it's so good to have new members to the fandom =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 6:19 am

Welcome! I'm Houyou no Senshi (actually up until last week I was Miki and everyone calls me that so you can call me Miki too XD)

You should check out SeraMyu and PGSM too! (in my opinion they're even better than the anime...) At first they both seem a bit off and silly and then suddenly they become the best things ever!

Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! 398992973
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 7:25 am

I did watch some of PGSM, but unfortunately I never managed to get that into it... SeraMyu I have yet to watch, not sure where to get hold of it, but I'm definitely interested. It'll probably be the next thing up after I finish the manga!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 4:02 pm

For PGSM, you sort of have to get past the first couple of episodes. By the time Jupiter comes in it because amazing, story and characterization-wise its a lot better than the anime. Its probably is just shallow issues like special effects and the limited soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime24th September 2012, 6:08 pm

Louchan wrote:
Oh, that's great to hear, Sailor Jupiter! Thanks for confirming that.

And haha, are there that many members from Sweden? I can't really say... I don't think the show was that popular while it aired. Only the first two seasons were shown, the episodes were often in a bit of a messed up order, and he dub was... mediocre at most. xD But I can imagine perhaps a lot of people did like I did, which was look up the show on the Internet and then become familiar with the original, which I then fell in love with.

Over the year or so we've been open, i've seen at least about 5 people from Sweden show up on here? They don't post too much, but i find it odd, out of hte entire world, we've gotten quite a few members from there. xD

Also, I'm totally in agreement with Miki on PGSM and Myu. After rewatching PGSM this past year, I've really come to appreciate its story. I had totally forgotten how good it got once Jupiter comes in and it really is one of those shows that once you get into it, it becomes "OMG BEST THING".

Also for musicals, seramyuantics.net has a few of them streaming and you can find some on youtube too. If you need suggestions on which ones to watch first, I would recommend the SuperS musical or one of the Stars musical, preferrably Eien Densetsu, but I generally like all of the musicals covering Stars, though some are better than others. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!   Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, guys! I've been looking all over for you!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top