The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?
Yes
Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap74%Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 74% [ 28 ]
No
Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap16%Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
I'm not sure
Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime15th October 2012, 2:30 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
Our version did add some love declarations for Usagi.

SerenaChiba630 wrote:
Imagine a world without Usagi Mamoru wouldn't be the protective loving guy he is now. I believe even if he dated other girls it wouldn't be the same , they wouldn't offer the warmness and happiness Usagi gives him. We know what Mamoru loves about Usagi is her cheerfulness and the way she see's life
Another big yes - IMO the greatest proof of his love is that he changed himself for her Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 1805429032

SerenaChiba630 wrote:
I remember Mamoru always being very distant and not as friendly as he is now. Having Usagi by his side opened him more. You see the light he has when hes around Usagi, usagi brings life to him without Her he would still be person he was before he met her. I completely agree Im a huge Mamo Chan Fan but sometimes I would find him very cold towards Usagi he would kiss her once or twice and wasnt very romantic but in R Movie He showed a completely different side still alittle shy but you saw how much Usagi meant to him .

Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 1805429032

I actually believe that they kissed a few times more off-camera. It's hinted in Unazuki's episode in S and also in SuperS Chibiusa sees them together in his apartament, though it's blink-and-you-miss moment...

Oh no I agree in both versions Ive seen Mamoru still alittle reserve but always protective and loving its just some words that are said

Can you imagine Mamoru with another girl who isnt Usagi forget there past lives and that they are soulmates can you ever imagine him dated Rei or fish eye or even Ami ?

Omgg really I never realize they kissed off cameras but why couldn't we see them Sad Ah yes I think that's episode 158 right Chibiusa want's to be a grown Women ?

Last edited by SerenaChiba630 on 15th October 2012, 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime15th October 2012, 3:37 pm

This is cool and all, but I kind of feel like this is turning into a personal discussion. Don't be shy about sending each other PMs ^^
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 12:39 pm

But we do discuss the topic of debate? And invite others to join?

Yes, it was episode with grown Chibiusa - and their kiss then looked really intense, though it was only a nanosecond Crying or Very sad

I can't imagine Mamoru with other girl - he got some dates with Rei in first season, but it showed how it wasn't right for him.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 12:47 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
But we do discuss the topic of debate? And invite others to join?

Yes, it was episode with grown Chibiusa - and their kiss then looked really intense, though it was only a nanosecond Crying or Very sad

I can't imagine Mamoru with other girl - he got some dates with Rei in first season, but it showed how it wasn't right for him.

I know I remember watching it and it seem like a romantic sweet kiss but they took the camera away to soon Sad maybe when they weren't around cameras they would share intense passionate kisses we never know Smile

I know It seem for me that Mamoru felt alittle uncomfortable around Rei when they would go out he's mind would be in another place he would always be thinking about the Princess of his dream.

Last edited by SerenaChiba630 on 16th October 2012, 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 12:48 pm

The reason why I pointed that out was because it seems like a discussion, not too much of a debate. If anyone else (that is off their rocker) wants to try to stir the pot of this debate, feel free. Otherwise, this thread is basically dead (and kinda pointless, not gonna lie Mad)
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 12:20 pm

So maybe let's suspend this debate with final argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP4CPU7wi_A

Is there possibly any place somewhere to continue this discussion?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 12:50 pm

Of course! You can either a) browse the couples section of the general Sailor Moon area and see if there's a UsaMamo thread and if there is not, b) go ahead and create one. Smile Just make sure to look for one first before you decide to make one.

Edit: I browsed for you and there isn't a thread for UsaMamo fangirling o_o so feel free to make it. Just go to General Sailor Moon > Individual Characters and Couples and make one Smile
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 2:24 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
So maybe let's suspend this debate with final argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP4CPU7wi_A

Is there possibly any place somewhere to continue this discussion?

Yes will continue this discussion on another thread if you like we can create a thread call what you love about UsaMamo Moonlight Lady its up to you though you had the idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime18th October 2012, 11:59 am

So come all the fans of the couple: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 1805429032

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t3236-mamoru-and-usagi#97330
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 5:27 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:
And he adores it. It had nothing to do with destiny or their past, *coughcoughleaving this here*cough*and this*cough* ahem.

I finally am able to read your analysis and it's perfect, in-depth and thoughful - though you've focused most on Mamoru's feelings.

I'd like to read about further episodes. But in episode 28 it's all clear already, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 4:52 pm

I'm going to vote no, because the romance is blooming in the first season and after that I don't see passion, I don't see sweetness and while Sailor Moon is catagorized as romance, it's really more about the senshi and Usagi vs. Mamoru and Usagi. Manga-wise he definitely loves her, Anime-wise it feels more like an obligation... like the go from the cute argumentative flirting to simply being together because of their past instead of trying to build their own and relationship...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Ares
Star Seed

Sailor Ares

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 6:05 pm

I'm going to vote no as well. I am in total agreement with nerf-or-nothing, the anime was doing pretty great with portraying their relationship in the first season, and then... nothing. They were just together, and that was pretty much it. I felt that there wasn't as much love in their relationship as there was in all of the other versions, which saddens me, since I really love this couple.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 6:07 pm

Said this in another tread, but in the anime I think that Mamoru and Usagi stay together out of love for Chibiusa.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Sailor Shayera-Elektra
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 7:32 pm

It's clear that:
1 - PGSM Mamoru loves her
2 - Manga Mamoru loves her
3 - Usagi loves Mamoru in all incarnations of the story

I was one who voted for I'm not sure.

There are hints for both sides.
But for sure he ended up REALLY in love for her, because they have Chibiusa. And she is jealous because they pay more attention to each other than to her. A feeling that was used to turn Chibiusa into Black Lady.
I'll go and say he is adjusting to have a girlfriend. It's hinted he always attracted many beautiful girls, but never showed interested in any of them. So, Usagi has something of different, aside the past thing.  
He is a lonely person and maybe she needs time to adjust with someone so cheerful and different of him.

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Well he gave her a ring to symbolise their love and Usagi is not selfish enough to ever ask Mamoru to put his dreams on hold. Usagi and Mamoru believe in dreams, that is what they love each other, so no, it is not evidence for anything i think. When Mamoru was on the plane, all he thought about was Usagi. When he was killed he called out "Usako". The name Usako, is a real sign that he has true affection for her. 

Quote:

Fisheye: Whats so good about her?
Mamoru: She has alot of dreams

Mamoru is humilated in public because Usagi is being humiliating in public, not because he doesn't love her. It should be noted, Mamoru never asks Usagi to change, if he did have a serious problem with her, why would he stick around...?

To be honest, I don't really think I'll participate on this debate any longer, I really just don't agree with something that to me personally  is so obviously true and canon, but I guess its not like that for everyone. Sorry lol X3
You don't give a ring to someone you're leaving if don't pretend to come back!!! I found that so cute!!!

Houyou no SenshiMamoru does show affection to Usagi, just not in public and sometimes he has problems with her age. and sometimes Chibiusa is there which interrupts their time.  This does not really negate their relationship. What was Mamoru's last word when he died in Stars? How many times did Mamoru jump in front of Usagi to save her life? How many people have hit on Mamoru and he's stayed true to her? I don't understand some of this logic. Just because Usagi and Mamoru don't leave every scene with a certain BGM with flowers all over the screen like Haruka and Michiru doesn't mean they have no relationship... its nice when things are a bit less subtle than that.

Yes, you're dying and you definitelly will thing of thing you'll miss the most. Mamoru died thinking of her.
It's good point: He doesn't even think before puts himself in front any danger, no matter that most times it's not the most health and cleaver decision to take. Razz

Huh? Can I ask what means BGM?

Yes, it's more subtle, I think. He is not that open about love as she is...But if I could I change my vote to YES!

The age diference they have in anime don't make things easier. She is just 14 and he is already in college with like 19 or over. He is almost a pedofile...Because they gave them 5 years of difference and huge maturity difference, leaving not much as past life and duty to protect the planet to link them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?   Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top